Jump to content
    Aditus
  • Author
  • 654 Words
  • 913 Views
  • 10 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

JUMP! NaPoWriMo 2022 - 3. Week 2

8.

Ruthless minds devise perfidious plans,

a way to a new world order.

To the beating oil drums of modern war

the new diversified cattle

are charging into a vicious battle

driven by despotic voices

they forfeit their precious humanity

to an inhumane idea.

To a cold term: unrestricted warfare.

It stands for war at all levels,

it stands for war in every dimension.

Do not enter the waiting queue

politicians, generals, diplomats,

everyone becomes a devil

mothers, and fathers, children, your neighbors

normal people, and even - you.

PT #34: Write one 8-10 Ballad (or as many as needed) to explore your feelings concerning the war Russia is waging against Ukraine.) My first attempt to write a poem in this form.

Prompt: (Let your poem be about or include a drum, perhaps as metaphor only.)

 

9.

Oh, my May,

you're the fusionist

between winter-chill and summer-heat,

when you take a handful of snow, add a mild breeze

slowly pour blue sky, whisk the whole time,

add a touch of deluge,

and thunder.

Prompt: (Write a poem to or about a specific month.)

PT# 33a

 

10.

A traveler who visits any place,

and peeks into every nook and cranny.

A hunter who immensely loves the chase

of only one or sometimes the many.

A sculptor, who knows to shape the mountains

by erosion or the sheer force of speed.

An imp, who gladly splashes with fountains

annoying kings and paupers--yes indeed.

A ruthless entity that devours all

destroying anything without a look,

without to judge, swiftly struck by a squall,

pushed in, washed away by a former brook.

The wind drives ships to cross the seven seas,

The wind propels turbines by a mere breeze.

 

@Cole MatthewsPT# 39 challenge accepted

Prompt: (Write a poem about or involving the wind. Go a bit cosmic or absurd. Tangle time up, or give wind a voice.)

 

11.

Sometimes, I try to find beautiful words and weave curtains around what we do.

Be they from sheer silk-organza, when we dance naked around the fire.

Be they from heavy red velvet when we lie together, you embrace me, I you.

Be they multi-colored ribbons, swaying lightly in the wind.

Be there a world where we wouldn’t need any curtains; only if we want.

Prompt: (Let your poem develop one central extended metaphor.)

 

12.

I'm sitting barefoot at the piano ,

its worn brass pedals warmed by my big toe,

you are lying naked on the settee

listening to me pressing any key.

You have a pleasant place in the front row

skin illuminated by the sun's glow

My left hand rests idly on the right knee,

yearning it could join in, again carefree.

Prompt: PT #36 (Borrow a line from your/a favorite song and write a poem about it.)

Barfuß am Klavier by AnnenMayKantereit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVOHq8o-dKU)

 

13.

Even before dawn, you place a cup with steaming green tea and freshly squeezed lemon by my right elbow when I watch the world wake above my computer screen, thinking poems.

Even when it rains you walk my favorite path with me because I want to hide my tears.

Even in the middle of the night, you listen to me reading poetry to you I like, although you do not.

All you say is, “It’s April, my love.”

Prompt: (Attempt a love poem that has never been written before.)

 

14.

(Schnell wie der Wind, jagen sie über den Himmel, dunkle Wolkenfetzen mit wehenden grauen Mähnen, wiehern mit dem Sturm bis die ersten Sonnenstrahlen sie auseinandertreiben.)

Fast as the wind, dark clouds in tatters with wildly waving grey manes, whinnying with the storm, until they’re scattered by golden rays.

Prompt: (Make today’s poem involve a horse or horses but perhaps only as a strange metaphor.)

 

15.

Money

Rhymes with honey

Trap.

Prompt: (Have money intrude as a topic in your poem.)

It was a week full of challenges. I never wrote an 8-10 ballad, the sonnet is definitely a poem with an accent, but I liked Cole’s idea to honor old man Bill, some more skyscrapers, and a love poem, oh my.
Thank you for reading my poems, I hope you liked them. Any reaction is very much appreciated.
As always: Thank you @Valkyrie:thankyou:.
 
Copyright © 2022 Aditus; All Rights Reserved.
  • Love 9
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Twelve and thirteen make feel warm inside.

The stampeding horses of fourteen resemble the tempest of migraine building in my head.

Nicely done Adi.

  • Love 4
Link to comment

There’s so much to like in this installment! Number 8 bites down hard like a carnivore at bay; I loved number 9’s contrasting characterization of May, and number 11’s awesome array of curtains. 12 and 13 paint captivating pictures for me; 12 especially brought me into the room and let me feel as you felt. 14 took me back to wild places I’ve gone, and number 15 was a model of concise and concentrated writing. And number 10? I loved that sonnet on the wind. It may be my favorite of this group. Although I may change my mind when I read these again :) . 

  • Love 5
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator

This is a fantastic week of poems!  I love the wind sonnet and the love poems.  It's hard to pick a favorite. Well done, Wolfie :hug: 

  • Love 4
Link to comment

@Parker Owens, I love the wind, standing on the beach, watching the North Sea during a storm is energizing. Thank you, Parker, I'm glad you liked week 2.  :)

  • Love 3
Link to comment
18 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

Well done, Wolfie

Only because I have the perfect sounding board. :hug:

  • Love 3
Link to comment

@Headstall, I'm happy you like my experiments, I just can't help it, lol, I exchanged the science lab for a poetry lab.

37 minutes ago, Headstall said:

What you pen, I always understand.

Great praise.

  • Love 2
Link to comment

The poem of war was a brilliant piece though disturbing to read.  Today's world wide society is imprisoned to varying degrees by any war. I was glad that it was followed by two lovely light poems. May was very good, but the Wind was beyond lovely.  It is my favourite of this group.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, raven1 said:

he Wind was beyond lovely.  It is my favourite of this group.

Thank you, Terry. :) I can't resist a challenge. 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..