Jump to content
    Aditus
  • Author
  • 303 Words
  • 552 Views
  • 9 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

My answers to Val's Postcards from the Pandemic - 1. Cards #1 to #4

Card #1

I put on my faux fur lined hoodie and wrap a scarf around my neck.

The dog dances around me.

Outside we zigzag around the few people we meet.

Remember the distance!

Back at home, I’m making coffee.

How I’d like some pastries with it.

Better not go to the bakery. It’s not essential.

How long will there be coffee?

Don’t be an idiot! There will be no shortages.

I need to upload today’s pick-me-up.

 

Card #2

God damn! I stubbed my toes so hard, my whole foot hurts. Of course it was the left; the moronic one.

The blue sky looks perfect and radiant, in contrast to my mood.

We put the clocks forward last weekend. I guess I need some more time to catch up.

The new morning routine feels wrong.

I avoid the news.

On another note: It’s the kitties third birthday!

We break out the tuna and the treats.

Cat grass for the momma, instead of flowers.

Will a pic of the b-day kitties do?

 

Card #3

I feel a like deflated balloon. Any enthusiasm is gone.

Self-inflicted isolation? Cowardice?

Does my ego really need applause?

I could switch languages.

Gedichte auf deutsch. (Poems in German)

Die Isolation wäre perfect. (The isolation would be perfect.)

From now on Stealth Poetry in a not so secret language. To decipher it use Google Translate as your ENIGMA machine .

 

Card #4

I’m listening to Igor Levit’s daily Twitter concert. ‘You are not alone’

The sky is overcast. I miss the sun.

The noise from the neighbor’s construction site is annoying.

They extended the contact ban. It was the right thing to do.

I love emptying the new dishwasher. I guess that will change.

Next I’m cleaning out the basement.

No! I’m going to write.

Thank you for reading.
@Valkyrie  :thankyou: for  being you.
Copyright © 2020 aditus; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
  • Love 9
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

You have a moronic foot? Me too. :)  These 'moments' are both thoughtful and entertaining. Good job, Adi. Cheers!

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to comment
14 hours ago, Headstall said:

You have a moronic foot? Me too. :)  These 'moments' are both thoughtful and entertaining. Good job, Adi. Cheers!

Thank you Gary, blue toe tries to wave.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
13 hours ago, Parker Owens said:

Thanks for the glimpses of isolation as you experience it. I have the feeling there is much we share. 

I have the feeling there is much we share.  And the wall becomes a little transparent.

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
12 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Thanks for the glimpse of isolation that you and I suspect almost everyone else are suffering at the moment.

Thank YOU for reading and commenting, Chris.

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..