Jump to content
    Aditus
  • Author
  • 2,909 Words
  • 3,228 Views
  • 24 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Red Running Shoes - 12. The Valley of the Temples

Rick and Matteo read the journal.

For the umpteenth time I looked at the clock on my nightstand: only three minutes later than last time. It was fucking 5:13 am and I was wide awake. Why couldn’t I sleep? I should feel relieved, elated even. I did what Ruth said: I told someone – if only my laptop Zach – the whole mess. Why did I still feel like shit, even after I'd finished the fucking final chapter of the fucking journal?

Actually, I felt more like shit than I had before.

I needed to stop thinking ‘fucking’ and ‘shit’ every fucking minute. God, there was something seriously wrong with me! I had to get out of bed and maybe get a coffee or something. It was time to start with the ‘moving on’ part of my life.

Looking out of the open window, a cool breeze wafted over my naked body. I could smell damp earth. Someone outside was already watering the plants.

Chris has probably killed my ficus by now.

I pulled some jeans on, grabbed Zach, and walked down to Rick's office. It was Monday and Matteo didn’t need to get up early to go to the central market, so he and Rick were probably snuggled up in their bedroom, sleeping soundly.

I wasn’t envious, it was just - I had this, but for me it had been an illusion, a lie.

Stop thinking about that! Gah…sissy!

***

In the end I put the laptop in the middle of Rick’s surprisingly nice and tidy desk and then fixed myself an espresso. No vanilla latte for me any time soon. Sipping at the f…just no! hot beverage, I wandered over the terrace and into the olive grove behind the restaurant. Rick had told me of a small gate that opened onto a path leading to the sea.

At that time of the day the beach was empty. Perfect. I sat down, wrapped my arms around my knees, buried my toes in the cold sand, and looked out at the water. The surf drowned out every other noise and eventually, finally, every thought in my head. My brain became empty, and that was everything I wanted.

That blissful state didn’t last long, though. Shrieking and laughing, two small children came running down to the water, ready to jump in with their clothes still on. Hampered by tote bags and a cooler, their mothers yelled and waved, trying to move faster in the deep sand, but it was already too late. They never had a chance to catch the two before they were soaking wet. It was kind of funny to watch the inevitable happen, like how you wish you could stop the falling drop from staining the tablecloth.

Huh?

I looked at my phone, almost 7:30, time to go back to the restaurant and face Rick and Matteo. The thought made my stomach churn. Had they already found Zach? Started reading?

There had to be something I could do today, preferably far away from the restaurant.

The happy couple were in the kitchen, enjoying a copious breakfast. Staring at the screen, Rick was tapping away on my laptop. Question answered.

"Hey Matteo, can I borrow your bike?"

He looked up from his newspaper. "Sure, what are you up to?"

Stealing an almond-filled olive from his plate, I said, "I thought I’d do the sight-seeing-improving-my-mind thingy today."

"Meaning?"

"Archaeological museum, Valley of the Temples, maybe even the cathedral."

"Oh?" Rick frowned at something on the screen. “Any particular reason?”

As if he didn’t know. "Yeah. Don't wanna be here listening to your painful groaning every time you read something embarrassing. Thank you very much.” They were about to read my file of shame any minute.

Rick grinned. “You did something embarrassing?” Then he turned to Matteo. “He’s running again.”

Matteo ignored him. “Maybe that's actually a good idea. Do you think you’ll be back by eight?”

I shrugged. “I could be. Why?”

“Some friends are coming over; they’d like to get to know you."

"I'll think about it."

Matteo went over to a cupboard where he rummaged in a drawer until he held up a phone. "Here. Rick’ll feel better if you take this with you."

Rick glared at Matteo. "Hey, I'm not that bad!"

I grabbed the phone. "All right, thanks Mum and Dad…Ouch! Rick! Really?"

"I know you fucked up without me even reading this." He grinned slyly. ”I’m just warming up.”

***

As I rode Matteo's bike in the still fairly cool morning breeze, I decided to visit the Valley of the Temples first, as long as it wasn’t too hot, and then I’d hit the archeological museum.

I parked the bike in a shady place below some pine trees, so I wouldn’t burn my butt on the hot seat when I rode back in the afternoon. Replacing the helmet with my hat, I grabbed the backpack and set off to explore ancient history.

The Valley of the Temples isn’t really a valley, but a ridge outside the town of Agrigento. I don’t have to see every church, ancient stone, or tomb in the region to feel I truly visited a country, but this…wow. No wonder the area was included in the UNESCO Heritage Site list. It was impressive.

Ever since I had watched Star Trek: First Contact, and saw Captain Picard touching the Phoenix, I wondered if I would ever feel this need to put my hand on something to be able to connect with it. And now I did. Touching the columns or stepping on stairs of those temples and thinking that maybe that same spot had been touched or stepped on by some ancient Greek or Roman, well that gave me goose bumps.

I felt small, standing beside the Concordia Temple, thinking about how old this stuff was - over 2500 years - and it was still there. Sieges, earthquakes, burnings, decay…every time something happened, there had been people who noticed its beauty and importance and had rebuilt it. No matter how damaged, if you really want it, if it matters, you can rebuild it.

Whoa, where did that come from? I think it's a bit hot around here. I need to cool off.

Time to seek out one of those nice shady trees in the courtyard of the museum, drink some more water, and maybe have lunch. Didn’t Matteo say he put something in my backpack?

Two kinds of his delicious, freshly baked foccacia, fruits, and homemade cookies. Heaven. Maybe I could snatch my cousin’s husband?

With a nice breeze coming from the sea, I suddenly didn’t feel like visiting the museum anymore. That final cookie made me sleepy…

God, what is that horrible noise?

It took me a while to realize it was Matteo’s phone.

"Hello?"

"Where are you?"

"Rick?"

"No, Archangel Gabriel. So, where are you?"

"Under a nice shady tree near the archeological museum. I just took a nap. Actually, you woke me up. I didn't sleep well last night.” He didn’t sound like his usual chipper self. “Did something happen? Are you upset about something?"

"Yeah, you could say that. When will you be home?"

"Dunno. What time is it anyway?"

"Four pm. So?"

"Well, I think I'll grab a coffee on the way back and maybe some ice cream, so six-ish?"

"Better not be late." He hung up.

Huh? Rick sounded royally pissed. At me! Here I was thinking I would be comforted, at least at first, before getting tongue-lashed for trusting an obvious asshole, and now this?

A little detour, getting a coffee and ice cream, sounded better and better.

I found some nice shops and an interesting church along the way, so it was 6:30 by the time I was finally on my way home. As expected, the phone had vibrated in my pants five minutes past six, but I didn’t answer.

I rode up the driveway and could see Rick was already waiting for me. I hardly had time to turn off the engine before he was at my throat. "How could you sleep with him without using protection?"

“What?”

"How could you be so careless? You only knew him for what? A few months? He even told you he fucked in bars."

I was stunned. Never had I seen my cousin like this. “That was before we were together. We got tested. I don’t think Ren slept around without using condoms." Ren would never intentionally endanger my life; that I was pretty certain of. Funny…

“And you see where your trust got you!”

Ouch! "That was just low …" I tried to storm past Rick into the house.

Asshole!

"I'm not finished yet!” He held me back by my sleeve. "Ivan is coming tonight. He’s a friend and also a doctor. He’ll bring a rapid HIV test and he will draw blood samples. All I want to hear is ‘Yes, Richard!’"

"Fine! You act as if I’d only been thinking with my dick. I loved him. I trusted him and I don’t think he slept around without using protection. He is a cheating asshole, not a suicidal idiot!" With that I broke away from him and stormed into the house.

But I heard Rick’s answer anyway. "Maybe you are!"

Seething, I threw myself on the bed. How could he be such an ass? I couldn’t believe it: 'where your trust got you'. As if I wouldn't know myself where my trust had gotten me, but I also knew Ren would never endanger my life, ever. Or his.

Half an hour later, someone knocked at my door. "Jonah?"

It was Matteo. "Come in…"

He settled himself beside me on the bed. "I'm sorry, Jonah. I know you think Rick overreacted. But you know his temper, and he's afraid he might be losing you too."

That got my attention. "Lose me too?"

"It's not my place to tell you the story, but Rick lost a person he loved very much because of complications with a hepatitis infection. He got it from a former lover who convinced him they didn't need protection, because they were exclusive…"

"Oh…” I was shocked. I had never heard of this before, even though our family usually knows everything. “It’s still no excuse for his behavior. He--"

"I know. I already had this talk with him."

"He could have explained it to me."

"You’re absolutely right, but you know Rick. When something really upsets him, he can become a loose cannon. Ivan comes at eight. Talk to him before you make a decision, that’s all I ask. Please.”

"'kay."

When he was at the door, he turned around. “I'd like to talk with you about some things I read in your journal, maybe tomorrow or sometime in the next few days. Whenever you feel like it."

I took a shower and then dressed in well-worn blue jeans and a slim, white button-down shirt. Since Rick thought I was led by my dick, no problem, I could do slut in front of his precious friends.

Just you wait, my beloved cousin…

When someone knocked at the door, I knew it had to be Rick's vampire. “Come in.”

A tall, slim man who somehow reminded me of a raven, held his hand out to me. "Good evening, Jonah. I'm Ivan Cagliari. I'm a very good friend of Richard's. I work at the hospital San Giovanni di Dio in Agrigento. Rick told me you had unprotected sexual intercourse with a man who may have had multiple sexual partners without your knowledge."

Whoa! Straight to the point. No beating around the bushes.

I narrowed my eyes and took a step back. "He told you that, huh?"

"Yes. You may think this is a breach of trust on his side, and maybe it is. He's very upset about the whole situation. And I think…” He paused. "No. No, I need to tell you…explain this to you so you understand… My son, Leandro, was Riccardo’s godson. Leandro trusted his first lover to be clean, only because he said he was and Leandro trusted him. It happened that this man was also my son’s last lover, because Leandro died from complications of a rare hepatitis infection. He was only sixteen. So, you might be furious about Riccardo’s behavior, but if we had known…if we had detected it sooner, Leandro would still be alive."

I didn’t know Rick had a godson and Leandro’s story really got to me, but I was still angry. I wasn’t sixteen, and we had been getting tested regularly. Ren would never sleep with Eric unprotected. He was an asshole not an idiot. He knew what Eric did at the clubs.

“I understand Rick’s concern, but I won’t be bullied into this. I’ll get tested, that I can promise, but not like this.”

“I have everything we need here. It is unnecessary to wait. If this is just to make your position clear, we won’t tell Riccardo. I can take your blood. Then I'll call you with the results as soon as I have them.”

He was right; it was stupid to insist on getting tested elsewhere just to make my point, so I rolled up my sleeve and let the doc do his business.

"Good. I'll call you as soon as I have the results."

I didn’t want to see Rick but I was starving, so I eventually went downstairs. When Matteo saw me, he immediately came over. "Jonah, is everything all right?"

"Depends…."

"On what?"

"Ivan explained a few things to me, but that still doesn't give Rick the right to say the things he said…at least he could have apologized…"

"He will; you know him, he only needs some time to cool down."

"Well fuck him!" I turned around and sauntered along the terrace. There was a guy ahead of me and, as I got closer, I saw it was Nando. Wasn’t he the one, who said I had a cute smile on the first evening I worked as a temp waiter? Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Rick watching me. Ha! Cocking a hip, I smiled what I hoped was a seductive smile. "Well hello Nando, all alone again? Where is this boyfriend of yours, James if I remember correctly?"

"James is in Palermo; he had to attend to a business meeting tonight."

"Oh, so you're probably bored. Right? Standing around with no one to talk to.” I bent a little forward so I could whisper in his ear. “Well, we can't allow that to happen, can we?"

He grinned. “Any idea what I could do about it?”

"Well…" I grabbed his arm and pulled him closer. "Let me show you the buffet?"

If possible, Nando’s grin got even wider. “The buffet…right. Good idea.”

Oh shit. What am I doing here? Help!?

Suddenly a hand tightened around my left biceps. "Jonah! There you are!" Sandro. I hadn’t seen him since that day at his shop. He didn’t look at me but he smiled at Nando. "Would you excuse us? I’ve been looking for Jonah the whole evening." With that he pulled me away to the small gate that led to the beach.

"Would you stop manhandling me? Where are we going?" I tried to peel his hand from my arm.

"Away from Rick, before he kills you…" He finally let go of my arm.

"Before he kills me, eh? Maybe I'll kill him." I turned around to go back to the party.

"Jonah, wait! You would have no way of knowing this, but Nando and James went through some serious relationship issues lately, mainly because of Nando’s inability to remain faithful. I’m sure you don’t want to get involved in all this mess, particularly since Matteo and Rick helped mending their relationship by talking to each of them for hours. I guess they would be extremely pissed at you if you started something with Nando."

I threw myself in the sand and rubbed the bridge of my nose with my thumb and index finger.

Well, hell. Didn’t I sit here at almost the same place this morning?

"I'm sorry, Sandro. Sometimes I feel as if my life is a fucking minefield... Of course I won't do anything to jeopardize an already fragile relationship. Me of all people should not do something like this.” I closed my eyes. “Thank you for stopping me doing something stupid… I was just so pissed at Rick when he called me a slut I just—”

"I'm sure he didn't mean it…"

"That's what Matteo said, but I didn't hear Rick apologizing to me. I mean--"

"He will do that. Give him some time. You know he has a temper."

"Hm…"

"Let me tell you about your hat. I already sold quite a few now that it’s named. Customers who know me, asked me to show them Jonah’s photo, but alas, I couldn't do it, because the elusive Jonah didn't let me take his pictures yet.” He sighed dramatically. “So did you think about it?"

“Yes.”

“And?”

“Yes.”

“Yes?”

"I think I'll do it."

"Really? Great! I already have some ideas. You should definitely wear your glasses and maybe your laptop should be in the picture as well. Oh, what do you think about wearing a tie? Yes, yes glasses, the hat, and a loose tie around your neck; that would be great, what do you think?"

I had to smile about his enthusiasm. "We'll see."

Thank you for reading, liking and/commenting on Red Running Shoes. :)
If you have questions or just want to discuss the story, please join us here.
Copyright © 2015 aditus; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 24
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Adi, are you toying with us? I was hoping for some insight into what really happened, yet I found out nothing. Actually, that isn't true. I found out that Jonah does trust Ren...not to ever endanger him...he feels it with such conviction that it makes me wonder why he didn't trust him enough to talk to him. It seems that deep down, he knows Ren...like really knows him...which means he knew what he was doing by being with him. He knew what he had with Ren...but his tendency to run clouded this. So hat guy is back in the picture...not cool...I think it's a red herring. When are you going to have Ren show up? Even better would be when are you going to have Jonah go see Ren? Skillfully done if the goal was to frustrate me...cheers...Gary

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Jonah, Jonah, Jonah what the heck are you doing? Flirting with and leading on (no matter how briefly) a man that you know is in a relationship just to piss off your cousin? Not cool. I understand Rick's concern, especially given the history with his godson, he just went about it badly when talking to Jonah. I too was hoping for some answers or insight into what happened with Ren. I suppose i am stuck over-analyzing for another week. Excellent chapter Aditus. Thank you.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Jonah acted worse than Rick, bu then there are people who act harsher as counterattacks.

Why is everything so slow in your story or so fast?I'm just thinking you may get pixiebites for Christmas :P

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/13/2014 08:44 PM, Headstall said:
Adi, are you toying with us? I was hoping for some insight into what really happened, yet I found out nothing. Actually, that isn't true. I found out that Jonah does trust Ren...not to ever endanger him...he feels it with such conviction that it makes me wonder why he didn't trust him enough to talk to him. It seems that deep down, he knows Ren...like really knows him...which means he knew what he was doing by being with him. He knew what he had with Ren...but his tendency to run clouded this. So hat guy is back in the picture...not cool...I think it's a red herring. When are you going to have Ren show up? Even better would be when are you going to have Jonah go see Ren? Skillfully done if the goal was to frustrate me...cheers...Gary
Lol, I'm really sorry Gary, but this is Jonah! He still is irrational. His own thought 'Ren wouldn't endanger me', confuses him, and he quickly explains it with 'because he wouldn't endanger himself.

There is also the story setting: For the reader everything that happened is still fresh, for Jonah it happened two weeks ago. He wants to move on.

Ren doesn't know where Jonah is, only Chris and Michael, and I don't think they will tell Ren. And Gary, do you really think Ren is ready to face Jonah yet?

The actual framework, where Jonah arrives in Sicily and what he experiences there, is very slow atm. Jonah needs to grow up and I fear it will take him a while and he will annoy everyone around him, including you.

Thank you for your comment, Gary and no I would never actively want to frustrate you, but I'm only the storyteller...complains directly to Jonah, please.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 12/13/2014 10:24 PM, LitLover said:
Jonah, Jonah, Jonah what the heck are you doing? Flirting with and leading on (no matter how briefly) a man that you know is in a relationship just to piss off your cousin? Not cool. I understand Rick's concern, especially given the history with his godson, he just went about it badly when talking to Jonah. I too was hoping for some answers or insight into what happened with Ren. I suppose i am stuck over-analyzing for another week. Excellent chapter Aditus. Thank you.
What can I say, they really are cousins, they both have a temper. Well Jonah already admitted he was wrong, now it's Rick's turn.

The story is written from Jonah's point of view, so he won't know what happened with Ren, unless someone tells him about it. After reliving everything, Jonah is now bus< with licking his wounds. Maybe Rick and Matteo will help him to find his way?

Thank you for your review and the over-analyzing LitLover. I fear Jonah will still be well Jonah some more. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/13/2014 11:01 PM, nostic said:
Jonah acted worse than Rick, bu then there are people who act harsher as counterattacks.

Why is everything so slow in your story or so fast?I'm just thinking you may get pixiebites for Christmas :P

Pixiebites, huh? Ouch? :P

Well the fast is Jonah writing his journal and the slow is the former framework now becoming the main story. Eventually we will pick up speed. :)

Thanks, nostic. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Ohhhh! Jonah is going to prove Rick wrong by...being trampy? Lol! That reaction was exactly the way he'd act. Perfect and so human! Don't we all do perverse things? Fantastic job Addy! I love it. :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment

OMG. Dead 16 year olds. Hep C (was it Hep C)? Dinner guests bearing HIV tests. Lovely naps interrupted. Jonah being creepily flirtatious with the customers (never heard "buffet" used in quite that sinister a way before). I can't take this all this angst, Addy. I want my Michael :,( And OMG, now HE'S been stolen by Chris! WAH! :,(

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/14/2014 04:04 AM, Daddydavek said:
The mad hatter returns. The blow-up about unprotected sex was an over-reaction on both their parts.
He was never really gone.

And I agree, the over-reaction gene runs homozygous in that family but at least Rick already has his calming counterpart.

Thanks, Dave. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/14/2014 04:54 AM, Cole Matthews said:
Ohhhh! Jonah is going to prove Rick wrong by...being trampy? Lol! That reaction was exactly the way he'd act. Perfect and so human! Don't we all do perverse things? Fantastic job Addy! I love it. :)
It was short lived and he was embarrassed afterwards, but yes so typical: acting before thinking. Sometimes I want to shake him, but then I have to laugh...he's such an idiot.

Thank you, Cole! :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/14/2014 07:42 AM, Irritable1 said:
OMG. Dead 16 year olds. Hep C (was it Hep C)? Dinner guests bearing HIV tests. Lovely naps interrupted. Jonah being creepily flirtatious with the customers (never heard "buffet" used in quite that sinister a way before). I can't take this all this angst, Addy. I want my Michael :,( And OMG, now HE'S been stolen by Chris! WAH! :,(
Yes, I have to admit I was strangely proud of the 'buffet' part.

And about the dinner guest, I saw that live and in Technicolor, believe me, including the argument between Jonah and Rick. People do strange things when they are afraid.

Michael, yes I have something special planned for him...next year.

Thanks, Irri. Loved this and kinda needed to laugh today. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Now what I find interesting is that Ricky automatically assumes that Jonah is correct in believing that Ren cheated on him (and apparently not just with Eric but other men too). But I have the feeling that Matteo has quite another view on this matter and I look forward to the talk he asked to have with Jonah.

If the hatmaker's photo of Jonah goes on a website, I bet we'll have Ren in Sicily asap. :lol:

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Cheating asshole versus a suicidal idiot. Classic! Luv it! I also luv Rick...a diva after my own black heart. He out did Jonah. Thank god the mad hatter pulled jonah away before he got into a bigger mess.

maybe he needs to be in Sicily, other than dinner parties with blood test and cheating guests (but an awesome buffet)--it might be best for him. He seems to have cemented his verdict on Ren, and maybe he needs Mamma Rick. I want Rick to meet Eric. I can see it now...drama, cop lights and Matteo getting bail money at 3 in the morning.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/14/2014 10:09 AM, Timothy M. said:
Now what I find interesting is that Ricky automatically assumes that Jonah is correct in believing that Ren cheated on him (and apparently not just with Eric but other men too). But I have the feeling that Matteo has quite another view on this matter and I look forward to the talk he asked to have with Jonah.

If the hatmaker's photo of Jonah goes on a website, I bet we'll have Ren in Sicily asap. :lol:

Well, they're cousins, what do you expect? The talk will happen next chapter.

Thanks, Tim. Very astute observations again. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/14/2014 02:25 PM, Nlaudenslager said:
Cheating asshole versus a suicidal idiot. Classic! Luv it! I also luv Rick...a diva after my own black heart. He out did Jonah. Thank god the mad hatter pulled jonah away before he got into a bigger mess.

maybe he needs to be in Sicily, other than dinner parties with blood test and cheating guests (but an awesome buffet)--it might be best for him. He seems to have cemented his verdict on Ren, and maybe he needs Mamma Rick. I want Rick to meet Eric. I can see it now...drama, cop lights and Matteo getting bail money at 3 in the morning.

Haha, I'm glad you luv it! Oh yes, Rick meeting Eric, that would be fun. But you're right, Jonah needs to be in Sicily. He needs Rick and Matteo and some distance and...to sort through his mess.

Thanks Nlaudensger! I love your summaries of the chapters. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

"Rick?"

"No, Archangel Gabriel..." Lol, that was hysterical - along with many other lines in this chapter. :P

 

True, Rick should have explained himself before he flew off the handle at Jonah, but he only got upset b/c he loves Jonah and doesn't want anything to happen to him.

 

I can't wait to find out Matteo's take on the journal.

 

And yay for Jonah for doing the hat thing! :) And I agree with Tim; if Ren saw Jonah and his hat, he'd be in Italy in the blink of an eye. :P

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/21/2015 02:25 AM, flamingo136 said:
They say, 2 wrongs don't make a right.......but what about 3 or 4?.........Loving it Addy....................Mike
Haha...good question. Thanks, Mike!
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Why do I expect Ren to arrive? I find it hard to believe it´s over between them, not entirely sure I trust Chris' version of the events. And I was looking forward hearing Matteo and Rick´s opinion of the matter. But still, another great chapter :P

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Michael, Matteo, and Sandro. None of them are going to turn evil, right? ;-)

 

And why didn't they use a mouth swab? Just 20 minutes and you know the answer. I got one in 2011. And in 2012, I participated in a home HIV test using a similar swab test – they even sell them in Walgreens now. And my doctor decided I needed to get the Hepatitis vaccine series. (I'm old enough to need a pneumonia shot too.)

 

Pixiebites? That doesn't sound as bad as the pitchforks that Timothy M has to dodge!

Link to comment
On 12/14/2016 07:38 PM, droughtquake said:

Michael, Matteo, and Sandro. None of them are going to turn evil, right? ;-)

 

And why didn't they use a mouth swab? Just 20 minutes and you know the answer. I got one in 2011. And in 2012, I participated in a home HIV test using a similar swab test – they even sell them in Walgreens now. And my doctor decided I needed to get the Hepatitis vaccine series. (I'm old enough to need a pneumonia shot too.)

 

Pixiebites? That doesn't sound as bad as the pitchforks that Timothy M has to dodge!

Can't tell you....

And this has been written before the accuracy of rapid HIV tests has been this good. Some docs still insist to do the blood test several times to be sure.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Kudos on including the hepatitis and the discussion of STIs in general. Nice dose of reality and treated very well.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
24 minutes ago, Dan South said:

Nice dose of reality and treated very well.

Sometimes my former job rears its head and insists on reality checks.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..