Jump to content
    Avangelion
  • Author
  • 1,792 Words
  • 7,191 Views
  • 5 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

In love with my brother - 1. Chapter 1 - Reunion

Hello my name is Dominic; I’m 18 years old by now. I can’t say I had a bad life until now so you won’t hear me complain. When I was 4, my parents got divorced; I haven’t seen my dad much since then, every 3rd weekend or so and mom struggled for about a year on a low income as a waitress making her best to support me.

By chance she met a new guy, Danny. I don’t remember much from this time, I was still young, but it was obvious that he had a lot of money; I had visited him with my mom during their dating period.

Within 6 months they were in love and got happily married. Danny had a son from a previous marriage 6 years my senior named Anikin and I was thrilled to have a brother; he had only one parent, his mother had died giving birth to him, so he’d never known her.

We became really good friends and he always helped me, especially in school where I had become the target of bullies. I heard my classmates and other students talk about us, saying; Compared to Anikin I was a snotty brat with a gold digging mom, and I would never do as good as Anikin. At the time I was confused because I didn.t know what they meant, but when I got older I noticed Anikin being constantly surrounded by girls, and he had lots of friends, he was even in top 3 every year on the grade-scoring board.

I often got in fights as the bullying bothered me and I knew they were wrong, and time after time Anikin ended up saving me, the last time being his senior year where he beat up a kid two years my senior after he’d called me all sorts of names I’d rather not repeat.

But as all good things have to end, Anikin graduated and went to college, mom and Danny ended up having to transfer me to a different school since of cause the bulling didn’t stop.

When Anikin was 19 he was scouted for professional modeling, he had by that time already been working part time as a model, and was fairly popular with the agency.

I haven’t seen him since then. It’s been 5 years already, because of him starting his own business and working abroad most of the time.

 

I am now sitting in the living room, quiet, with my arms folded around my legs. Mom and Danny are getting divorced, not because they weren’t happy, guess the spark has just died out between them and then mom fell in love with someone else.

His name is Tom and I despise the guy, on top of that it’s only been a week since I lost my dad, he died in a car crash and it was a small funeral, I cried a lot.

I was hurting inside my life was falling apart and I had no one to talk to. I didn’t want to talk to Danny, after all he wasn’t my dad and we were going to leave him in a few hours anyway. I didn’t want to talk to my mom, I was angry at her for doing this to me, and Anikin wasn’t here.

I vaguely noticed the sound of the front door open and then slam shut.

“Nora,” a voice sounded far away, oddly familiar but I didn’t react on it.

“Anikin? Hello dear. You’re finally here. I’m so sorry about everything.”

“Don’t worry about it, can happen to everyone. Where is he?”

“In the living room, I’ve been trying to talk to him for hours but he doesn’t respond.” I heard footsteps moving toward the room where I was sitting.

“Dom?” The soft voice didn’t really reach me the first time.

“Dominic?” I slowly lifted my head, seeing the tall figure in front of me, then meeting the dark eyes filled with care for me. He reached his arms out towards me, my eyes started to blur with tears and the next second I threw myself into his arms, crying all my sorrow out, letting go of all my hurt, at long last someone who could be here for me.

When I finally calmed down we talked it all out, I told him all those things I couldn’t talk to anyone else about.

“How would you like to live with me? I’ve got the room and you wouldn’t have to change schools now that you finally got in, and you would be free of Tom,” Anikin suddenly said.

“Really, I would love that.” For the first time in days I lit up in a smile.

“But, what about mom, will she be okay?”

“I’ll go talk to her.” He got up and walked to the kitchen. I could hear their voices through the door. Anikin trying to convince my mom but she was not taken in by him.

“Come on Nora, he doesn’t like him. And he could stay in school, then he would get a good education, and you would not have to worry about him one bit.”

“But I can’t afford the school expenses, Anikin. It’s your dad who has paid for everything so far”

“I’ll pay for it myself. I’ll take care of all the financial support myself, not like I can’t afford it”

“I don’t know”

“Dom would love you for it. Let’s give it a chance”

“Okay. But you take good care of him, you hear!”

With that it was settled, I was moving in with my brother.

 

“Well... Here it is. It’s nothing much, but I’m mostly not here, so… you know”

“Wow Anikin, its huge” I was trying to take it all in at once, but it was almost impossible.

“So, this will be your room, mine is just down the hall. Make you self at home. I’ll make sure the rest of you stuff ends here, Okay. Anything you need?”

“No thank you, I would like to be alone now”

“As you wish.” With that he left me alone.

My things arrived Sunday morning, which left me one day to unpack before school started.

Monday Anikin woke me up, made me breakfast and drove me to school. At the school yard I met up with my best friend Sean, who happened to attend the same class as me, which left me no longer alone.

Time passed by and I grew more and more attached to Anikin. Several times I caught myself gazing at him, well; I told myself he was a beauty, total eye candy. Wait what’s with the gross line of thought, Anikin was a guy, and my brother on top of that, what the hell?

“What do you want for dinner Dom?” Anikin leaned against the wall by the kitchen counter looking at me as I turned around from the couch.

“Uh… Ehh… I…” I flushed slightly as I met his gaze.

“Want to go out?”

“S-sure.”

“Good we leave in an hour. Make sure you’re ready.” The phone rang and he picked it up.

“Hey Jack, how are you? ... I’m fine thanks… uh, today’s no good. How about we go out tomorrow, from the agency, and then back to my place afterwards? Now, now behave Okay I’ll see you tomorrow”. He hung up, walked inside the office and closed the door behind him.

I walked to my room looking through my closet wondering what I should wear, after all, Anikin was always so nicely dressed, but I had nothing that could compare.

In the end I decided to wear dark jeans and a shirt, I didn’t want to wear a tie because I felt too young and I always felt awkward wearing them. I went to the bathroom to shower and do my hair.

I was done five minutes early and was pacing my room, nervous, without reason.

“Dom… time’s up,” Anikin was calling from the hallway.

“Wow,” he said as I appeared already blushing.

“Ready to leave?” he asked.

“Yes,” I simply replied.

“Good, then let’s get going.” We walked to the car and drove down town.

The restaurant was nice but nothing fancy, I guess that in the end Anikin had chosen this place for my sake, because I knew the places he normally attended were a lot more stunning than this, and he somehow seemed out of place.

We had a really good time, and when the time came for desert Anikin ordered a bottle of Champaign.

“Uhm, Anikin… I’m too young to drink alcohol,” I slowly reminded him.

“Eh? Oh yeah, let’s make an exception, okay,” he said with an odd smile.

The waiter came and poured two glasses.

Anikin raised his glass and gestured for me to do the same.

“To you… happy birthday.” He gently bumped our glasses and lifted his to his lips. I was left frozen.

“Huh?”

“Happy birthday.” He rested his head in the palm of his hand with an amused look on his face.

“No, my birthday is in…” I stopped for a moment, eeeeehhhh… I forgot my own birthday!!!!!!!

“Heh.” I leaned back, flushed and embarrassed.

“Hmm,” he snickered.

“I’ve never met anyone who forgot about their own birthday.” He reached into his pocket and handed me a small jewelry box.

“What is this?”

“Open it and see for yourself” I slowly opened the bow and inside was a simple square, golden pendant plate with a small red stone at the corner.

“You told me, you would never give this up to anyone” I raised my gaze to look at him.

“Yes, I guess I grew older,” he said with a smile.

“Wow.” I slowly lifted the pendant from the box a gold chain attached to the hinge on top, I placed it around my neck and then grabbed the little pendant to look at it again, I didn’t feel like I was looking as manly as Anikin had been, wearing it.

“I assume you like it,” he said, a gentle smile lightening up his face.

“Like it? I love it. Thank you.” I looked up from the necklace to his face with a huge smile on my face.

When we finally made it home I was a little dizzy from the Champaign.

“Easy Dom. Maybe you shouldn’t have had the last glass, you’re staggering.” Anikin supported me by my elbow as I took the step up to the front door.

“No, no, I’m fine, just need to get to bed.” When I was finally undressed and in bed I happily hugged my pillow with the feeling that I could never be as happy as I was now, my life was perfect. Or at least so I thought.

Please don't forget to comment as you read on.

Help me improve my skills and stories :D
Copyright © 2017 Avangelion; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 25
  • Love 2
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 07/27/2015 02:08 AM, AceKebabs said:

Ooooh! I'm loving this concept already :D Need a few fixes but it good :) keep it up!

thanks... I'm horrible at starting stoies and with no one to read them before I submit, it's even harder... but I'll try my best, hope you will stay on it:)

Link to comment

Wow such a time line jump. And that's not back. The story is about the two step brothers so that was good. I like these two characters and how they interact. I 'm going on to read more now. Like the reviewer said above I did see some errors but over all I love the idea.

Link to comment
On 12/24/2015 02:48 PM, keyisfake said:

Wow such a time line jump. And that's not back. The story is about the two step brothers so that was good. I like these two characters and how they interact. I 'm going on to read more now. Like the reviewer said above I did see some errors but over all I love the idea.

Time line jump? I'm not sure I know whaat you mean...But I'm glad you like it so far:)

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..