Jump to content
    Avangelion
  • Author
  • 4,423 Words
  • 3,642 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

In love with my brother - 15. Chapter 15 - Out of the closet, into the fire

The stay at the hotel had felt like a trip to heaven. Anikin’s plan to make me feel like the center of his world had succeeded. And with this in mind, I got out of bed the following Monday with the goal of putting this damn Santiago incident behind me. I knew I was going to attend a shoot with Tamaki, so I decided to catch him before they started and have a talk with him.

***

The shoot hadn’t begun yet, and people were still making the last preparations to get the lights set up. Michael, the photographer, was bossing around the provided staff, directing them to get the stage right.

I was standing off to the side, watching the scene play out in front of me.

“Did anything happen?” I asked Tamaki who was standing silently beside me, arms crossed over his chest. I noticed him turn his head questioningly towards me out of my periphery. “At the hotel, I mean.” Tamaki didn’t answer right away. He turned his attention back to the scene in front of us.

“No – Anikin asked me to sleep on the bed with him. I guess, in his drunken state, he’d actually noticed something wasn’t right. But he’d forgotten about it the next morning.” Tamaki shook his head in a disappointed manner. “Either that or he didn’t want to admit it. Sometimes I don’t understand him.” I gazed up at Tamaki, but he didn’t say anything else and the next moment he was waved over for preparations.

‘Why would Anikin end up cheating on me if he’d already noticed something was wrong?’ I decided not to think further about it. The fact that he’d apparently asked Tamaki to sleep next to him, because he’d been afraid what could happen, had to be enough. I realized that if this relationship was going to work, I would have to put it behind me. Anikin had already started to prove that he was serious. Sure, it would take some time before I forgave him completely, but I had a feeling we would get there. The most important thing was that I loved him and I knew he loved me; we would make it through. Now I just had to seal the deal – I needed to tell Mom.

Tina, a new model at the agency, entered the studio. She was a tall redhead with freckles, and she made a nice contrast to Tamaki’s dark colors. I’d noticed her a few times before, walking around with Bill, but since they had nothing to do with the department I usually worked at, I’d paid them no attention, ‘till now. She walked towards Tamaki, confidence in her stride and all bouncy with glee as she hugged him. She seemed really excited to be working with him. I wondered for a moment why a newbie would be doing such a big shoot after such a short time. After all, neither Tamaki nor Anikin did small jobs. As I watched them talk I got a strange feeling in my stomach – this woman was trouble, I could just feel it.

Thinking back, it had to be a twist of fate. It was just a coincidence that Tina was having a shoot with Tamaki that afternoon. But either way, I believed it to be the start of a rampage of bad omens. I’d been told we were out of the preferred coffee, and there was no need for me to get any. So, instead of running errands I fell into a discussion about today’s shoot with Valentin, who was on standby during the photograph sessions. At the end of the shoot I was asked to help with the cleanup, and while folding the chairs to put on the cart, I caught sight of Tina. Seeing her stunned look, I followed the direction of her gaze. Anikin hadn’t been at the agency for over a week, due to problems at the investment company, and I too was surprised to see him. Even though I didn’t like it, I attributed Tina’s continuous staring to the fact that she hadn’t met him before. He was hot after all.

I smiled when Anikin’s gaze found mine and I went to meet him halfway.

“How was work?” I asked and fell in beside him, as he walked towards the center where Tamaki and Michel was going over the photos.

Finally over!” The smile on his face transformed into a mask of relief.

“That doesn’t really answer my question, but hard I can guess,” I said with a giggle.

“Yes!” His answer turned into a groan. He leaned in, his mouth close to my ear. “But now that it’s finally over, take a guess what else is going to be hard next?” His voice was low so no one else would hear. I felt my face heat as Anikin straightened and turned his attention to Tamaki and the laptop screen.

Suddenly a hand was locked around my upper arm and I was pulled backwards.

“Hey, you, boy, I said. Are you deaf?” I was surprised by the harsh tone in which Tina was talking to me, since I’d only heard her speak with soft polite voice.

“Excuse me?” I turned around and met her gaze, she didn’t look happy. Why was she angry with me? And for no reason? She could’ve just treated me like I wasn’t there, wouldn’t have been the first time. After all, I was only there to run errands.

“Introduce me,” she demanded with a sharp gesture toward Anikin.

“Why would I?” I pulled my arm free of her grip and took a step back. She looked at me like there was some point I’d completely missed.

“Because you seem to be on good terms with him, of course!” It didn’t feel like I was given a choice, of whether I wanted to comply or not, especially when she pushed me on my way. Since I didn’t want to cause a scene I went along with her, not of my good will though.

“Dom! My man!” When I was close enough, Tamaki threw an arm around my neck and pulled me against him in one of his guy-hugs. I found myself being strangled in the nook of his elbow fighting to pull air into my lungs.

“Will you be coming along tomorrow?” he asked without releasing me. I frantically tapped his forearm to make him let go, so I could breathe.

“Tamaki, he’s still a minor, of course he won’t be coming. You idiot.” Anikin took hold on my arm and tried to pull me towards him. Tamaki who hadn’t totally released me; his arm was still draped over my shoulder, gave Anakin a challenging gaze, before pulling me in the opposite direction, towards himself.

“I’m sure that you, Mr. Almighty, could pull a string or two. Besides, he won’t be drinking anything other than soda.” Tamaki made a matter-of-fact gesture with his free hand, but Anikin just made a scornful snort and poked Tamaki in the chest.

“Says the person, who got the very same kid drunk as soon as I was out of sight the last time around, huh!” I had a feeling that this was the kind of discussion that would go on forever, unless someone did something.

“I’m not a kid, Anikin!” I glared angrily at my boyfriend. Why on earth would he refer to me as such? “I’d say Tamaki is more of a child than me.” I challenged him, waiting for him to justify his choice of word.

“I’m sorry, Dom. It was a slip of the tongue. I don’t see you as a kid.” The look he gave me was a mixture of regret and something that told me how much he did not see me as a kid.

“He always calls people younger than himself kids… I think it’s a bad habit” Tamaki said in a loud stage-whisper.

“What are we even talking about?” I twisted so I could look at Tamaki. I was still annoyed with Anikin but I chose to let the issue go. “I haven’t said anything about going anywhere. Did either of you even consider the thought, that I might have something else to do – other than escorting you guys home, when you’re too drunk to remember where you live?” Anikin looked like he was going to say something, but Tamaki got ahead of him with a simple announcement.

“But he’s your responsibility, Dom. You can’t just let him go out without keeping an eye on him. I can’t handle his drunken ass when I’m seeing doubled myself. Do you have any idea what kind of shit he puts me up to at those times?” He gave Anikin an accusing glare, before he turned to me, looking for sympathy.

“I don’t put you up to shit, Tamaki. You’re the one with the stupid ideas.” Anikin answered Tamaki with a reproachful look.

“What? It wasn’t me who came up with the idea of you riding the bronze lion, believing it would come to life and take you home. I actually think I have a picture of that.” Anikin raised his finger intimidatingly and started to say something, when someone cleared their throat behind us, and we all turned to the sound.

Tina!’ I’d forgotten all about her. Was she totally unable to help herself?

“What? He’s standing right there!” ‘There, that’s what you get for not asking nicely,’ I thought and gave her an irritated look. I felt Anikin’s questioning gaze on me but I didn’t return it. The silence hung over us for a moment, before Tamaki suddenly let go of me and turned to Anikin.

“Anikin, may I introduce our newest member, Tina Hicks. Tina this is Anikin Marshall, our leading male model.” The fact that Tamaki didn’t introduce Anikin as their boss as well, didn’t go past me. And Anikin’s reaction following the introduction confused me to the point where I almost felt dizzy. He pulled me away from Tamaki to his other side, making it look like he quickly wanted me to get out of the way. He kept his left arm behind me as he leaned slightly forward. The sudden closeness of the two made it so Tina could do nothing but keep her attention on him, as he reached his free hand towards her.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you.” His voice was completely bared of emotions but his tone polite; his business-way of talking to people he didn’t like. It sent a chill of anxiety down my spine. Whatever she’d done to get him this angry I had no idea, but she didn’t retreat, just giggled, returned his smile and took his hand.

“The pleasure’s all mine. I’m looking forward to working with you.” Her body language and her gaze were all flirty and anger started to boil inside of me.

Don’t even think about I, you bitch. Not only are you rude, now you’re trying to take my boyfriend? You better back off or I’ll… Or I’ll…’ I never got to finish my thought and so find out what I would do to her. Anikin, who still had his arm around me, started stroking his thumb up and down on my back, comforting, and calming me down.

“Well, me too Miss Hicks. I hope we will get a chance to talk another time, but for now I’m just here to pick up Dominic. We have plans so there’s no time today, I’m sorry.” With these words Anikin took a step backwards, signaling the end of the conversation.

“Tamaki, I’ll see you tomorrow. Don’t do unnecessary stuff while I’m not here,” he said and his gaze very much indicated, what line of action he did not want Tamaki to indulge himself in, while he was gone. Like initiate any kind of relationship or personal conversation with this woman. Anikin turned away and with his arm around my shoulder, he pulled me along towards the exit of the studio. We didn’t even make it to the door before the sound of a heated discussion between Tina and Tamaki reached us, but neither of us turned.

Once we were downstairs in the common workers dressing room, Anikin pressed me against the wall and kissed me aggressively.

“Mmmm. Anikin – not here.” I murmured when I managed to push him back far enough to speak.

“Why’d you get so angry? I thought you were going to slap her.” Anikin didn’t move away, neither did he try to kiss me again.

“I don’t know, I guess I just don’t like her.” I averted my gaze, not wanting to look at him.

“That’s not a reason to get that angry.” He took a small step back so he could get a better look at me.

“Well, she wasn’t very nice when she asked me to introduce her to you. The least she could have done was ask politely – or something. Then she acted all flirty and stuff with you, and I didn’t like it.” Anikin grabbed my chin and turned my head so I would look at him.

“You got jealous… of a girl?” he asked sarcastically. His gaze locked with mine and his left eyebrow lifted as if I was stupid. Then I realized my mistake. Anikin was gay, he would never consider women.

“Well, I’m really sorry. But everything considered, I just couldn’t help myself. I’d say I have a pretty good reason to be jealous of anyone coming on to you. Just take Tamaki; I know he’s totally straight, but that doesn’t mean I don’t get jealous of him too, from time to time.” I felt my ears get hot and I looked down. Anikin chuckled and stroked my chin.

“Get changed, we need to be at my dad’s in an hour.” Anikin stepped back to let me pass so I could get to my locker.

“You can talk, what was with the cold tone you gave her? At least I had a good reason to be pissed at her.” I was in the middle of pulling my undershirt off, so I didn’t see his face when he answered.

“I’d say the sheer fact that she’d somehow pissed you off, is reason enough to be dismissive of her. But, I can’t say I’m a fan of women who practically crawl over you to get attention.” I turned at the disgusted tone of his voice, as soon as I was free of my shirt. Our gazes met for a moment before Anikin lowered his to my naked chest.

“Now, hurry up – or we’ll be way too late.” The smirk he gave me caused a slight flush in my cheeks, and in a weak moment I discussed with myself whether to take him up on his offer. In the end, I decided against it and quickly got dressed.

Twenty minutes later we were in the car, pulling out of the parking lot. The drive to Danny’s was about forty-five minutes and normally Anikin and I would make small talk on the way. But this was our first time seeing him since we became a couple, and the atmosphere was a little tense. My gaze was turned towards the passing scenery and I was nervously rubbing my hands.

I jumped when Anikin’s fingers graced fondly over mine, before merging them.

“Calm down, I’m sure Dad’s cool. I won’t say anything if you’re not ready. But we have to let some family know eventually.” Anikin didn’t look at me as he spoke, he just held my hand reassuringly.

‘I know, and I plan to,’ I thought while squeezing his hand before looking back out the window.

***

Danny opened the door just as we got out of the car.

“Hi there, boys. It’s so good to see you.” He walked the short distance to the car and grabbed us both in a bear hug. “How have you been? Come on inside.”

Anikin and I were led to the living room. I hadn’t been in the new house before and was impressed with the spacious rooms and elegant decor.

“Have a seat, dinner is in the oven and almost done. Beer?” Danny walked off without expecting an answer, and we took a seat while he was in the kitchen.

“I just received the financial report on this month’s investments. Business’s doing good, huh,” Danny said as he came back from the kitchen. He handed the both of us a beer before sitting down across from Anikin. “That vice president of yours, sure is doing one hell of a job to raise the income.” Even though Danny had retired and left the company in Anikin’s care, he still followed the progress and was ready to step in with a helping hand if needed Though it hadn’t been the case yet. “How’s your model agency coming along?”

“Better than ever. We have a huge request for our models, and Tamaki and I alone get so many we have to turn down a lot of them. Dom got a part time job there recently, which is a huge help, he’s really good at what he does.” He finished off with a huge grin directed at me.

“Oh is that right? What do you do, what kind of work?” Danny looked at me, now curious to know more.

“I help… with different stuff,” I mumbled looking down.

“Oh, so you’re an errand boy?” I couldn’t really tell if he sounded surprised. With a smile, he cast a glance at Anikin.

“Don’t call it that! Makes it sound like I’m a slave to slap around. It’s not like that.” I felt my cheeks heat in discomfort.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to laugh at you. I just thought Anikin would’ve given you something more interesting.” He gestured towards Anikin who just shrugged at the idea.

“Oh, it’s plenty interesting. I get to learn a lot of stuff from everyone. The other day Valentin, Tamaki’s Hair and makeup artist, showed me how to do invisible makeup, to make a face look natural. And last week one of the less busy photographers explained how the lighting on set works. I’ve even had the chance to learn how to model.” Just then I could’ve slapped myself. The memories of the almost naked photoshoot swam around my head for a moment. I was still somewhat surprised I hadn’t actually gotten hard. I mentally shrugged off the thoughts of our past intimacy in front of the camera, it wasn’t a subject I would like to enlighten the family with.

“Well, I can’t argue with that.” A BING sounded and Danny got up. A moment later he was announcing that dinner was ready. Anikin and I went to set the table while Danny prepared the food for serving.

Anikin and I were seated next to each other and Danny was at the head of the table. For the most part I was silent, listening to their conversation about random stuff going on in their everyday life. It was all very civilized.

For a short moment, the room fell silent as we enjoyed our food

“So, how long have you two been an item?” Danny suddenly asked out of the blue. I choked so bad on my drink that I was sure I was going to die and Anikin slapped my back, trying to help me not to die.

When I was finally able to breathe, I looked at Danny with teary eyes.

“What?” Holding a hand to my throat I coughed again, to clear my horse and rasping voice.

“Come on, I wasn’t born yesterday. It’s obvious with all the puppy eyes you keep sending him. And Anikin is grinning like a loon.” He pointed at the both of us with his fork while explaining, before going back to eating his food. Anikin and I sat in silence, staring at Danny, not knowing what to do or say from there.

“Well, how long?” Danny asked again. That pulled Anikin out of his frozen state.

“Almost five months,” he answered with a grin.

“Why did I have to find out myself after so long?” Danny sounded sad about the fact that we hadn’t told him. “Anikin, just make sure you give the kid time to concentrate on his studies. You hear me?” I blushed from the neck up by that comment. How could Danny say that kind of thing so seriously? And why was everyone calling me a kid today? Anyway, he wouldn’t have to worry about that, I was on summer break and we’d only had sex two times so far.

“I’m more worried that I won’t have time to do my work,” Anikin said, and we all laughed at that.

“Does Nora know?” Danny asked after a time spent eating.

“NO,” I exclaimed, then blushed at the panicky sound of my voice.

“I don’t think she will take it that bad, son. She didn’t flip when Anikin told us.” Danny frowned at me.

“Maybe. But Anikin’s not her son, announcing he is in love with the other son.” And that was the core of the problem. I wasn’t just going to tell her I was gay, maybe she would be able to accept that, but I was dating Anikin, my “brother” whom she’d participated in raising. Despite my resolution, I still dreaded the moment to come.

***

“Anikin! Can I borrow the car?” Anikin came around the corner from the hallway. He spent a moment just staring at me. His eyes narrowing as he seemed to weigh for and against.

“Come on Anikin. Either that, or you take me to my mom’s and pick me up again later.” I put a hand on my hip to let him know I thought he was being silly.

“If you scratch her…” He pointed a finger at me.

“Like I would dare,” I said in the sweetest voice I could muster, as I walked towards him. I sneaked my arms around him. “Thank you.” I got on my tiptoes and kissed him.

“Drive safe.” I could understand his concern; I’d been a long time since I last was behind a wheel, so all the more reason to be careful.

“I will. I won’t be home for dinner, and don’t wait up.”

***

“Oh, I completely forgot to tell you, Dominic – I was with a friend the other day, and she has a girl your age, she even goes to the same university. She seemed awfully interested when we talked about you.” Mom just only started talking and I could see where this was going. “I thought she might be someone for you. She’s really cute, and smart too. I said I would bring you next time, so you two could meet.” I knew it, Mom was way too eager to get me a girlfriend, and especially now when I was living with Anikin. She’d gotten this idea that, living with another guy diminished your chances with the other sex. Well, she was kind of right, when you were dating the guy you were living with, it totally demolished your chanced with the opposite sex.

“Mom, I don’t need you to find girls for me. And besides, it would be totally awkward.” I gave her a look, saying she was way off target here.

“But Timian was so into it, it might be worth a shot.” All kinds of scenarios went through my head, and none of them were good. That’s the moment I decided.

“Mom, it’s not that I’m not happy you would do this for me, but I’m kind of already seeing someone.” There, the point of no return. God, I was so nervous my hands were all clammy, and my heart was going on a rampage in my chest.

“What? Oh Dominic, why haven’t you told me? When will I meet her?”

Here goes nothing’

“She’s a he.” I finally said it and now I was feeling nauseous. I held my breath in hope I wouldn’t throw up. Mom just sat there staring at me for what felt like a very long time.

“What do you mean, Honey?” The smile faded and she frowned at me.

“I’m dating a guy, Mom.” My voice was so small and the words caught in my throat, making my voice squeaky.

Tears started to roll down her cheeks and I felt the emotions take over and I started crying too.

“Why would you date a guy? I don’t understand,” she said, crying harder.

“Because I love him.”

We cried for a while before Mom managed to get a hold on herself.

“Well, if you love him and he loves you, then I’m happy for you. But this is quite a shock. How come you’ve never told me?” she sniffled.

“It hasn’t been that long since I found out myself, and I was afraid of how you would react. Afraid of what you would say, when I told you I was gay.” I cried some more and Mom sniffled along with me, her arms around me.

“So, when will I get to meet him?” she finally asked after a while.

“We’re still working things out, so maybe not just yet.” I gave her a sad smile.

“That’s okay, honey. When you’re ready.” She gave me a big hug, and then went on to ask me about school. I felt really relieved, this big burden of having to let my mom know, had just weighted me down for way too long. Now all that was left to tell her was who I was dating. I was sure that would get another kind of reaction that I wasn’t ready for yet.

***

The house was dark when I stepped out of the car back home in the driveway. It was really late so I wasn’t surprised that Anikin had gone to bed. I managed to enter the house, go to the bathroom and get into the bedroom without making any noise. But Anikin stirred anyway when I crawled into bed with him.

“Mmm, welcome home.” His voice was gravely with sleep. He lifted up the cover and slid an arm around me to pull me closer. I nuzzled into his embrace and hugged him tight.

“I love you, Anikin,” I whispered.

“You’re supposed to say that to my face in brought daylight, you know.” I could hear the smile in his voice the moment before he lowered his head to kiss me. “I love you too.”

I hope you enjoyed -
please leave e review before you go :thankyou:
Copyright © 2017 Avangelion; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 18
  • Love 3
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Great chapter! Looks like this Tina girl is gonna be some trouble! Great idea to add some new drama. I'm still very skeptical of Anikin. When Dominic asked him about the hotel and Tamaki gave his answer, I wonder if Tamaki would lie for Anikin. Maybe I just have trust issues! Lol!! So, the gay conversation went well with Dom's mother. Very interested to see how things go when its revealed that Anikin is the guy he's dating. As always, looking forward to reading more!!

Link to comment

I know in one of your replies you said there was no sex in the hotel but with all the vageness in the talk about that night there has to be something that happened (I KNOW I have trust issues lol) Unless that is 100% resolved Dom will always have this nagging little doubt which will become full blown at the next hint of trouble (like his rage with Tina). I have a strange little feeling (or am I just reading too much between the lines) that maybe Tamaki is harbouring some feelings for Dom, especially how he seems so protective of him. Waiting impatiently for the next chapter

Link to comment
On 01/15/2017 01:44 AM, Petey said:

I know in one of your replies you said there was no sex in the hotel but with all the vageness in the talk about that night there has to be something that happened (I KNOW I have trust issues lol) Unless that is 100% resolved Dom will always have this nagging little doubt which will become full blown at the next hint of trouble (like his rage with Tina). I have a strange little feeling (or am I just reading too much between the lines) that maybe Tamaki is harbouring some feelings for Dom, especially how he seems so protective of him. Waiting impatiently for the next chapter

Thank you so much for the review. I always love when I get feedbacks I can use.

I do realize that There are issues revolving the whole Anikin-Santiago insident, but I had no idea how to fix the uncertainty I'd created, and had hoped this would do the trick - apparently not *lol*

Since this is only the first draft I chose to share with you guys, I am planning to use all the feedback I get to fix it in the second draft, which hopefully will turn into something publishable.

Either way, I am glad you enjoy the story.

Link to comment
On 01/15/2017 12:21 AM, jaysalmn said:

Great chapter! Looks like this Tina girl is gonna be some trouble! Great idea to add some new drama. I'm still very skeptical of Anikin. When Dominic asked him about the hotel and Tamaki gave his answer, I wonder if Tamaki would lie for Anikin. Maybe I just have trust issues! Lol!! So, the gay conversation went well with Dom's mother. Very interested to see how things go when its revealed that Anikin is the guy he's dating. As always, looking forward to reading more!!

Thank you for enjoying the story so far.

As I replied to Petey as well, I was in a situation where I didn't know how to fix the issues around the whole Anikin-Santiago insident, and this chapter was my resolve (not a very good one apparently) just to get it out of my head so I could move on. hopefully everything will fall in place in the second draft, with a good betareader to help me out.

Anyway, I hope you will enjoy this new issue with Tina, it's going to be good:)

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..