Jump to content

Happy Anniversary, Honey

   (5 reviews)

A gay man arrives home and wishes his husband Happy Anniversary, but is soon informed it's not their anniversary.  That's when he states that he was referring to the anniversary of same-sex marriage being legalized.  Once this is cleared up, they discuss the impact and possible future for same-sex marriage. 

Warning: this story addresses political issues, but since it includes a discussion about same-sex marriage and same-sex relationships in general, I felt it was not only relevant, but necessary to be included.
Copyright © 2022 Bill W; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (5 members)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 3
  • Characters 2
  • Chills 2
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 2
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 0
  • Unique 2
  • World Building 3

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Mrsgnomie

· Edited by Mrsgnomie

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

Here’s the deal. I’m a sucker for romance. I want the best outcome for all parties.

BillW takes a moment to remind us that there have always been and will likely always be, many obstacles for the LGBQT+ community. It’s unfortunate but true.

we must continue to fight the good fight 

  • Like 5
  • Love 1
Link to review
drsawzall

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

The times we live in along with the personal freedoms are fraught with peril, when a minority feels they can abrogate our hard won freedoms.

A must read and a call to spread understanding. I am reminded of what a famous humorist once said...

It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble...

It's what you know for certain...that just ain't so...

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to review
AC Benus

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

If you are an L, or a G, or a B, or a T, or a Q(uestioning), or an I, or an A, or a +, or a Woman, or an African American, or a Human Being, you need to read this. 

The enemies of freedom are salivating in their unnatural glut of activist court edicts, and ballot-box day is fast approaching. Tell one and all who they need to vote to save their lives and loves, literally 

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to review
chris191070

· Edited by chris191070

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

A story that reminds us of the many obstacles that the LGBTQ community faces. 

How we rely on laws to protect us.

We need to continue the fight not just for the country we live in, but all countries in the world, to protect the LGBTQ community.

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to review
Headstall

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

All over the world there are watershed moments happening. Lies are being accepted as truths and nationalistic views are becoming the norm again. Remember when that was the case in the past? Individuals have power, but only if they use it. Please read this timely story. It deals with the here and now, and should be a wake-up call to all people who believe in human rights, decency, and fairness. It is not a long story, but it has incredible impact, Kudos to the author for presenting us with an excellent and thoughtful conversation. Cheers! 

  • Love 3
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..