Jump to content
    Brayon
  • Author
  • 1,087 Words
  • 2,825 Views
  • 43 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

No Regrets - A Forbidden Love Story - 1. Forbidden

WARNING: Incest between brothers.

The coach swayed along the cobbled track, in time with the clop-clop-clop of the horses pulling it. It was a stately coach, with velvet lined padded walls, and leather bench seats. Potpourri sachets were strung onto the roof, to give the coach a pleasant scent of rose petals. Light streamed in through the two windows on the doors. The two occupants sat together, holding onto each other as they swayed with the coach. Everyone in the kingdom knew them. They were the sons of the Archduke.

“I love you, Edwin,” the older one said, as he leaned in and kissed his brother passionately on the lips. “Do you have any regrets?”

“I love you too, Owen,” Edwin smiled sadly at his brother. “I have no regrets at all.”

They sat in silence for what felt like ages but were just mere seconds.

“Did you see Father’s face when he caught us in bed?” Owen asked, with a hint of a smile.

“I did. I thought he would die of shock right there.”

Owen laughed, nodding his head. “Same here.” He looked at his brother Edwin, and his smile faltered. “Tell me… why did we do it?”

“Because we love each other.”

“Is that truly, how you felt?”

“Yes,” Edwin stated. He looked at his brother Owen and tilted his head. “Are you wishing things were different?” He paused and took his brother’s hand. “I love you, and I will to my dying breath. Would you have done things differently?”

“No, I have no regrets either. But part of me can’t help to think our father might be right. That I did something to cause this.”

Edwin balled his fist and hit Owen on the shoulder. “Knock that nonsense off.” His tone was harsh but truthful. “You’re a year older than me and we’re both over twenty winters now. You did not seduce me. When I was sixteen winters, you caught me with the stable boy and joined us, and I was happy with it. I had always wanted to be with you, and the stable boy looked like you a little. That is why I was with him. Then the two of us, we started exploring each other. You did not coerce me into this. This was all me.”

“I know,” Owen sighed, his eyes started to shed a few tears. “But how did Father find out?”

“It must have been the Seer or one of his spies.”

The coach continued along the path. Shadows blocked the sun for a moment as it passed by buildings, as it entered the town square.

“I can see that. He is a paranoid son of a bitch. However, he found us on our wedding night, a hundred miles from our home.”

“Well, we have been spending a lot of time together, and there is the engagement ring you gave me. He did spot it at breakfast a few weeks ago.”

“Damn. We should have been more careful.”

Edwin nodded and leaned into his brother-husband Owen, who held onto him. Owen softly kissed the top of his head, as he thought back to that first time four years ago.

Owen walked out to the stables to fetch his horse. It was early in the morning, and the sun wasn’t up yet. No one but the stable boy should be around. As he approached the stables, he thought he saw a candle in the loft area where the boy slept. “Should be easy, since he’s already up,” Owen thought. He walked into the stables, heard something in the storage closet, and went towards the sounds. There was a light coming through the slats on the door, and he heard the sounds of two people having sex. “Oh, so the boy has a playmate.” He looked through one of the gaps between the slats and was stunned by what he saw.

His brother Edwin was naked on his back, and the stable boy, who was a teenager the same age as his brother, had Edwin’s manhood in his hand and in his mouth. His brother softly moaned. He didn’t know why he didn’t stop, but next thing he knew he opened the door and stepped inside.

Both of the teens in front of him stopped in horror. “Don’t stop. Continue… please,” Owen said and watched as the Stable Boy went back to pleasuring his brother. Owen quickly undressed and stepped behind the teen, who was pleasuring his brother. “Do you mind, if I join? It’s been a while since I’ve been with a man,” Owen asked. With consent from both, Owen joined in. All three teens took turns with each other, and together.

Owen finally went for his morning ride two hours later.

They sat in silence, as the din grew around them. The ringing of the iron-shod horse's hooves on cobbled stones continued at a slow pace. The shadows crossed the windows as they slipped by more buildings. They approached the center of the Listarian Castle Main Courtyard. The coach came to a rest, and the door opened.

“Step out,” a guard said.

The two sons of the Archduke stepped out into the sun, slightly to the side of the center of the square. Guards lined a passage between the coach and the executioner’s platform, set high enough the crowd of people that numbered in the hundreds could watch.

The guard pushed the two married brothers but kept back a bit. A Magister stood upon the platform, and read a list of crimes. Using a magical device, his voice boomed out, “The accused, Duke Owen Listarian and Duke Edwin Listarian sons of Archduke Listarian are charged as follows. For unlawful sexual relations with the same sex. For the unlawful wedding of the same sex. For practicing a prohibited religion with the Cult of Alfersin. For not seeking permission of the Kingdom to wed. Finally, for disgracing their family name. Their guilt was evident, as they were found in the act of passion on their wedding night, two days past, in another part of the Kingdom.”

The brothers did not stop as they walked towards the platform. The crowd turned on them, spitting, throwing trash and feces upon them as they made their way to their deaths. As they approached the platform, Owen took Edwin’s hand in his as they took the stone stairs together.

One by one, the executioner took the lives of the brothers, starting with the older one. Both defiantly stated, “No Regrets,” when they were brought forward.

Thanks to Kitt, tim, molly, and Reader1810 for editing and beta reading. All mistakes are mine and mine alone.
Copyright © 2018 BHopper2; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 16
  • Wow 4
  • Sad 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



7 minutes ago, mayday said:

Where is fantasy in that? This sounds realistic to me.

Where does it say it is fantasy?

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

A sad story. I always get upset when reading about death penalty. It goes against everything I believe in and it should not be practiced. 

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment

An ending I didn’t anticipate. Subject handled delicately. Not something normally read, but consenting adults not coerced. Well done A!

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Our stories both began with an encounter with a stable boy, but sadly yours progressed to a bitter end. I shall hope they get reborn together in a more permissive day and age and not as brothers. Although, to me incest is mainly taboo between generations (parents-children) and in opposite-sex relationships (brother-sister), which may produce progeny. Neither applies to brothers together (or sisters btw), so my sensibilities are not offended by their love.

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, mayday said:

Where is fantasy in that? This sounds realistic to me.

 

I think the 'Fantasy' tag in this case relates to it taking place in a make-believe world, rather than to the story content.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

 

I think the 'Fantasy' tag in this case relates to it taking place in a make-believe world, rather than to the story content.

Ok, but that make-believe world is pretty similar to ours in times gone by (hopefully).

Thanks.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

I'm not really a fan of incest stories, but decided to read this anyway.  Very tragic and sad.  Too bad they couldn't have been exiled instead of executed.  :(  

Thank you for reading, Valkyrie. Normally, I'm not a fan of incest either, as in my reading experience, it almost always been an abusive relationship. GRRM's Lanisters are the exception to what I've seen. I had to get permission from GA to post this story, and one of their criteria for Brother-cest relationships is, it can not be coerced nor abusive.

I really wanted to save the brothers. I even had a Deus Ex Machina version, where they were saved by one of the gods in my fantasy world, but it ran over the word limit. Eventually, I ended it with the version that got published.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Well done, a touchy subject well handled. Nice work A xox

Thank you very much, tim. I couldn't have done the job I did, without yours and Kitt's editing skills.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Puppilull said:

A sad story. I always get upset when reading about death penalty. It goes against everything I believe in and it should not be practiced. 

Thanks for reading, Puppilull. I'm very happy for the comment. Yeah, the death penalty is a tricky subject. I'm sorry it upset you.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Thank you very much, tim. I couldn't have done the job I did, without yours and Kitt's editing skills.

We all have editors...we just help with the dusting...you wrote the story my friend.

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment
2 hours ago, BlindAmbition said:

An ending I didn’t anticipate. Subject handled delicately. Not something normally read, but consenting adults not coerced. Well done A!

Thanks, jp. I'm happy you liked the story. I agree it needed a very delicate hand, with the relationship. As I said a couple of times, most incest stories I've read always had a vibe of abuse and coercion in them.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..