Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Solcar - 5. Reykjavik 930

p style="text-align:center;"> Prompt 362 – Creative
Tag – List of Words
candy corn, pumpkin, black cat, torn cape, piñata.

Tony was still at Prime; it was change-over day. The club had been featured in a segment on WNBC-TV 4 last month, and the variation of decorative neon signs was a prominent segment of the report. A quirky marketing scheme, each month, a different piece of neon art was displayed in the front window. Candy corn at the end of October, a black cat on most any month with a Friday on the thirteenth, a piñata in early May for Cinco de Mayo... It was a red heart this time since tomorrow was Valentine’s Day.

Once a year, the signs were auctioned off to benefit the Human Rights Campaign during a private reception at a local gallery. Surprisingly the Great Pumpkin displayed during Halloween 2012 had fetched the highest price at the latest event; the high bidder bore an uncanny resemblance to Linus van Pelt.

The snowstorm predicted for the weekend had begun around 3:00 pm; the temperature dropped, and the fluffy white stuff started to accumulate on the streets. Tony liked to work Friday Happy Hour. It was one of the bar’s busiest times, and it gave him a chance to be seen by staff and to meet patrons. They planned on being there together before going out to dinner.

Tonight they were staying in. His man would be home soon, and dinner was ready. The blazing fire warmed their apartment as Colt sat, opened up his small leather-bound book, and began to read again.

•••

Olaf Arnarson and his cousin were direct descendants of the first acknowledged settler of Iceland. Part of the Viking exploration during the early decades of the 10th century. The two looked so alike they could be confused for brothers. As with most Viking men, they were taller than the average European of the era, muscular due to constant physical activity both for work and play, and had reddish-blonde hair on their heads which became a bit darker on their beards. Their muscular chests were covered in dense, soft fur with a color similar to their facial hair.

In their youth, much of the boys’ free time was spent in one of the many geothermal pools dotting the landscape. Soaking in the mineral-rich waters, with steam rising all around, was a year-round pastime for the settlers. Most were farmers or fishermen; their life was not easy, but it was a good, simple existence. It was in one of those pools the cousins first masturbated together and ejaculated, it was there they first shared a girl as they took turns fucking her, and it was there they first realized they loved each other and discovered the pleasures of sexual intimacy between men.

At the age of twenty, Olaf followed tradition and selected a female from another village with whom to breed. The production of children was deemed a duty to preserve and expand the settlement's population. It was expected that every man and every woman would do so. His cousin refused. He had no interest in the opposite sex, the times he had intercourse with them as a kid were enough.

Relationships between members of the same sex were not looked down upon by the community; some men spent as many nights with male lovers as they did with female breeding partners. Olaf assumed his relative would do as he was, and they would continue their relationship at the same time. For five long years they argued about it, one claiming it was their duty to procreate, proud of his sons; the other refusing to live what he saw as a lie.

It became too much for either one to deal with; two men who loved each other so much stopped talking to one another. Each one tried to handle an aching heart differently; the broken father spent every possible hour out on his fields or in his barn tending to the animals while his cousin did whatever work he could so that he might eat and then drink himself to sleep at night.

In late spring, a ship put into port, delivering new settlers and supplies. It would remain for two weeks so the crew could rest, repairs could be made, and a cargo of grain loaded before returning to Norway. Olaf learned his estranged lover had been hired as a crew member to work on the Sonja and would often go by to catch a glimpse of the man he loved. He never found the courage to speak to him.

He discovered his cousin had joined the ship’s complement for its return voyage after the vessel had put out to sea. From the top of the hill, he watched as the only person he ever fully loved, his best friend, sailed away and felt his world had come to an end. What was there to live for, now that his love was gone? He wrapped his torn cape around himself against the cold wind, turned away from the ocean, and walked back to his home, tears streaming down his face.

•••

Damn fucking tears!’ Colton grabbed a few tissues to wipe his moist eyes. He must have shed gallons of them during the past few thousand years, and they still came every time he read about one of his past lives.

One more past life and a bit more about the present.
I admit it I'm a 'like' and review ho... please make me happy! http://www.gayauthors.org/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/tongue.png
Copyright © 2014 Carlos Hazday; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 22
  • Love 4
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

Welcome to the discussion thread for CJ’s series. All things CJ are fair game, I simply ask you be respectful of others. I will actively participate in the discussion. Ask questions, speculate about what’s coming, or bitch about what happened. We’re now open for business!    
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

So sad and so real. Olaf didn't understand that what he did was a betrayal of the heart in his cousin's eyes. In the end, Olaf suffered the most for his decisions because while his cousin was forced to move on propped up by hurt and anger, Olaf will have a lifetime of loneliness and regret. Nobody truly wins but the cousin has a chance at being himself. I think Carlos, that this was the best written so far. Well done sir...Cheers...Gary

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 10/19/2014 07:24 AM, Headstall said:
So sad and so real. Olaf didn't understand that what he did was a betrayal of the heart in his cousin's eyes. In the end, Olaf suffered the most for his decisions because while his cousin was forced to move on propped up by hurt and anger, Olaf will have a lifetime of loneliness and regret. Nobody truly wins but the cousin has a chance at being himself. I think Carlos, that this was the best written so far. Well done sir...Cheers...Gary
WOW! Thank you Gary. I admit I'm trying hard to improve but some of the credit belongs to Kitt. She has been gracious enough to offer her advice and assistance in the last two chapters.

 

I know the sad stories pull at different emotions than the usual action/funny stuff and I am realizing how hard it is to do so. Very tough to come up with the actual words every week. I'm trying to balance it out with the little peeks at the guy's present life in NYC. And still working it all around the prompt. I did not want to take the easy road and jump on a Halloween story... hopefully I pulled it off.

 

Thanks again!

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I love the cousin's courage to walk away from unfulfilled love. Lots of great pieces of art and important discoveries were made that way. I hope Olaf dies of a broken heart quickly - and will be forgotten equally quickly.

J.A.R.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 10/19/2014 08:28 AM, JohnAR said:
I love the cousin's courage to walk away from unfulfilled love. Lots of great pieces of art and important discoveries were made that way. I hope Olaf dies of a broken heart quickly - and will be forgotten equally quickly.

J.A.R.

John

 

No easy deaths to end the pain.

Remember that Olaf is also Soclar.

1084 years later, as Colton Mann in 2014 Chelsea, he still feels the pain and sheds tears.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Even if we know that Solcar will have his heart broken every time, it's interesting to see the different ways it plays out. Sometimes, he gives in to love and in this case he tries to resist, but the outcome remains the same.

I have one question though: does Solcar live the full life of whoever he is (so maybe fifty years) or does he only experience the five year cycles? I guess both ways are equally bad, since in the first option he has to live a long life of regret for this particular love and in the other one he gets to love and lose more.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 10/26/2014 08:29 PM, Timothy M. said:
Even if we know that Solcar will have his heart broken every time, it's interesting to see the different ways it plays out. Sometimes, he gives in to love and in this case he tries to resist, but the outcome remains the same.

I have one question though: does Solcar live the full life of whoever he is (so maybe fifty years) or does he only experience the five year cycles? I guess both ways are equally bad, since in the first option he has to live a long life of regret for this particular love and in the other one he gets to love and lose more.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't. Sucks to be Solcar, doesn't it? No matter what his heart is broken big time once every five years.

 

More will be revealed soon...

 

:thankyou: for the review!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
5 hours ago, mansexlover said:

Great chapter  yet another one worthy of being written as a full story .x

You may as well chain me to my desk and start the coffee IV. There are not enough hours available!

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..