Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Solcar - 4. Quinto 195804.23 & Chelsea 2014

p style="text-align:center;"> Prompt 360 – Creative
Tag – First Line
“Why do I even bother?”

“Why do I even bother? They’ll never allow me to do it, Pater.”

“A little more faith in the High Lords, Osclar; they do surprise petitioners now and then.”

“Garuth the garuthing Council, it’s Fater who will make the decision, and we both know it.”

“Well then, maybe a little more faith in your fater and me, his mate. But using that kind of language won’t help you.”

“Fine, I’ll shut up and behave. I’ll answer all their question with Yes, My Lords or No, My Lords, but I swear if he gets all uppity, I’m going to be the second one of your offspring to be exiled. I still haven’t forgiven him for what he did to Solcar.”

Entering the Council room, Osclar stood at the center, as each High Lord floated above its platform.

“Your brother was exiled to Terra and forced to spend five thousand of its years living as a human, the lowest form of so-called intelligent life in the cluster. He has, every five Terran years, suffered a new form of loss or pain experiencing the misery the lower beings must endure,” said his fater, the eldest amongst the Lords.

“He is now near the end of his sentence and will soon be ready to resume his position as High Lord for Star Cluster ΔΣΠ ∞ 1907, what those humans call the Milky Way. It is our fervent hope he has learned his lesson, that he has realized getting too close to the lower life forms he is supposed to watch over can only lead to trouble. Do you understand?”

“Yes, My Lords,” replied Osclar.

“We understand you wish to serve as the auditor for your brother’s sentence.”

“Yes, My Lords.”

“And you are aware that by serving in such a capacity, you will be required to spend time revisiting the places he has lived in and performing the usual duties of an auditor?”

“Yes, My Lords.”

“Very well, seeing no objections, make it so.”

•••

“Why do I even bother?” asked Colton of his reflection in the mirror.

“Because you promised.” The blonde, six foot four, muscular, hairy man staring back at him seemed to reply.

 

“Hey, Colt, so glad you agreed to join us tonight; we’ve barely seen you the past couple of months.” He stood near the back bar of the club, next to his small group of friends who had convinced him to come out. “No way were we going to let you stay home tonight.”

“Hi guys, it’s nice to see you, but December 31 is not my idea of a night to spend at a bar. I’ll stay until we ring in the New Year, but I’m headed home right afterward.”

“That’s all we asked for, but you better get ready; tall, dark, and handsome’s headed this way, and his eyes can’t see anything but you.”

“What?” Colton turned around and came face to face with the brightest pair of green eyes he had ever seen. Another flash of brightness distracted him when a set of white teeth appeared below the eyes as part of a wide smile.

“Hi, I’m Tony Martellini. What’s your name? You come here often?” asked the dark-haired man, with the heavy beard shadow on his face, and curly black hairs showing through the open neck of his body-hugging silk shirt.

Colton rolled his eyes. “Oh no, you didn’t. You did not just ask me that.”

“Yes, I did, handsome. I may not know your name yet, but I know you’ve seldom, if ever, been here before. I own the joint.”

“Colton, my name’s Colton Mann. Nice to meet you, Tony. I’m impressed you were able to use such a corny, old line in a different way.”

“Just trying to impress the man I’m welcoming the New Year with and who I’ll be taking to breakfast later in the morning.”

 

Colton glanced at the alarm clock on his nightstand; it read 11:30. He looked to the other side and smiled. Sprawled on his bed was the most gorgeous man he had ever met—what a night.

“Hey, Antonio! Wake up! You promised me breakfast. And when we get back, it’s my turn to top again!”

STOP!
If you have not read the previous chapters in this story, you may wish to do so now.
Two for one special - Two separate little tales, both with the same First Line.

Likes and Reviews are sincerely appreciated.
http://www.gayauthors.org/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/thankyou.gif
Copyright © 2014 Carlos Hazday; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 17
  • Love 6
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

Welcome to the discussion thread for CJ’s series. All things CJ are fair game, I simply ask you be respectful of others. I will actively participate in the discussion. Ask questions, speculate about what’s coming, or bitch about what happened. We’re now open for business!    
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Lowest form of intelligent life? Reminds me of Hitchhiker's Guide ;-). Wonder what you hero did to deserve that punishment ... shave? ;-)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 10/11/2014 03:22 AM, JohnAR said:
Lowest form of intelligent life? Reminds me of Hitchhiker's Guide ;-). Wonder what you hero did to deserve that punishment ... shave? ;-)
He probably allowed some alien to top him or shave his body something.

Hope this little tale clears up some of those pesky questions the previous ones raised!

Reading your new chapter right after lunch, can't wait!

Thanks for the review buddy!

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Thanks for enlightening us on what is actually going on. I think it was the perfect time to clue us in. The brightest green eyes he had ever seen--are you one of those guys that said that to me? :P

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 10/11/2014 05:46 AM, Headstall said:
Thanks for enlightening us on what is actually going on. I think it was the perfect time to clue us in. The brightest green eyes he had ever seen--are you one of those guys that said that to me? :P
Us green eyed people need to stick together! Timing seemed right for a little break from the sadness of the last couple of chapters. Plus some of that stuff finally came together in my head. Glad you liked and thank you for the review.
  • Like 2
Link to comment

Hmm, so Solcar was supposed to remain aloof from his charges as High Lord of the Milky Way, but he got intrigued by humans? Why do I have the feeling he was caught sneeking down to Earth in human form for small holidays, enjoying the thrill - and maybe breaking a few hearts when he disappeared again. So as punishment he gets to love and be abandoned time and time again.

And why do I also get the feeling that Solcar's exile did not achieve what the Council expected... Time will tell, but I'm glad his brother Osclar loves him.

Oh and it's hard to rejoice in Tony and Colt finding love when you know what will happen five years down the road. :pinch::no:

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 10/26/2014 08:18 PM, Timothy M. said:
Hmm, so Solcar was supposed to remain aloof from his charges as High Lord of the Milky Way, but he got intrigued by humans? Why do I have the feeling he was caught sneeking down to Earth in human form for small holidays, enjoying the thrill - and maybe breaking a few hearts when he disappeared again. So as punishment he gets to love and be abandoned time and time again.

And why do I also get the feeling that Solcar's exile did not achieve what the Council expected... Time will tell, but I'm glad his brother Osclar loves him.

Oh and it's hard to rejoice in Tony and Colt finding love when you know what will happen five years down the road. :pinch::no:

Not bad Tim, not bad at all. Your speculations as to the nature of Solcar's crime and the effect of the punishment on him are very interesting.

 

Doesn't Tony sound like a sweetheart? And you should see what he looks like! WOOF! :heart:

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
On 12/03/2014 02:13 AM, aditus said:
Make it so? Really? Oh, Jean Luc!

At least now we somewhat know what happened.

You're good bud! You keep finding my little hidden nuggets! By the end of the story I think about 99% of all questions readers might have had are answered. The other 1%? Well that's to keep in reserve just in case I run out of new ideas LOL
  • Like 3
Link to comment
11 hours ago, dughlas said:

Oh ... well then, every five years ... CJ's gonna be pissed.

We'll discuss CJ in the final chapter.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..