Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Solcar - 9. Sturgis 2010

p style="text-align:center;"> Prompt 370 – Creative
Tag – List of Words
turkey, gift, flowers, blue sweater, pen

“Happy thirty-first, Tony!”

“Thanks, Colt. This being over thirty shit is getting scary. Next thing you know, I’ll start getting gray hairs and grow a gut.”

“You turkey! We own a gym; guts aren’t allowed—bad example for the clients. But gray would look hot on you. Want coffee? Oh, and there’s a little gift for you on the nightstand, right next to the flowers. Wanted to do this in private before meeting everyone for brunch. And how the hell did we end up with almost forty people? It was meant to be a few close friends and your immediate family.”

“Don’t look at me, Kemo Sabe. The one person I invited was my baby brother. You’re responsible for all the others. So, what’s in the box?”

“Go ahead, open it.”

“A key to the door? What’s it made of? Weird metal. It doesn’t look like normal stuff.”

“It’s titanium, had it custom made. The strongest material I could find, so it’ll never break. We met almost a year ago, we spend almost every night together here, we should make it official―you need to move in. Keep the place in Brooklyn; it’s a great investment, and let your baby brother move there. He’ll love having his own place so he can bang his girls whenever he wants!”

”You pig! He already likes you. No need to suck up.”

“Sooooo… Whadda you say? Wanna take the next step? Gonna move in with me?”

“Give me a pen and tell me where to sign…”

•••

“Simmer down, Daytona. I know you’re excited, but it was a long day riding. I want to finish my drink and my cigar. Then we’ll head back to the motel room. I expect one of your great rub-downs and a nice slow fuck before going to sleep.”

“Sure thing. Sorry about being so hyper. I can’t believe we’re doing Sturgis this year; did you know they’re celebrating the 70th Anniversary of the rally? They expect over half a million bikers!”

 

What a way to start the week. We left Sioux Falls early in the morning yesterday and joined the convoy of scooters headed west on I-90. There must have been three or four bikes for every cage with four wheels rolling in the same direction. Flat and dull landscape most of the way, with some beautiful rolling hills now and then. Our favorite view, however, was the group of six German studs we ran into at a pit stop. While pumping gas, we introduced ourselves as all riding brothers do, and discovered we were staying at the same hotel in Keystone. We joined their group for the last segment of the ride.

We both wanted a shower before lunch and sightseeing after six hours on the road. There were plenty of eateries in the area, and most were full of bikers already. The ten-minute ride to Mount Rushmore National Memorial took quite a bit longer than it was supposed to; we made frequent stops to enjoy the majestic views of the Black Hills National Forest. Both our hotel and the Memorial sat right in the middle of the Forest. The first view of the carved mountain made me smile; years of seeing its image all over the place could not compare to the imposing sight in front of me. We stopped on the side of the road, as did plenty of other riders, to snap pictures of ourselves with the four Presidents behind us.

At the Memorial, we ran into our German friends and spent the remainder of the afternoon with them. Two of them were a married couple, and we hit it off really well. So well, in fact, their room remained empty for the night. The king-sized bed in ours accommodated us in perfect comfort. All being versatile, the possible combinations were many, and we tried them all out. One of those boys is porn star material. He went where no man had gone before. I gave him a few extra hard thrusts in return to make up for the size difference.

 

“Daytona, how’ ya doin’ after last night and the ride this morning? Betcha’re still feeling that big boy, ain’t ya?”

“Fuck you! If I recall, you grimaced when he first skewered you. Although you did bounce back real quick and kept asking him for more.”

“Yeah, well, it was hot and fun, but I wouldn’t want a regular diet of his jumbo-sized sausage. You wanna walk over to the Harley store and start there?”

”Yeah, that works. I wanna get my HOG rally pin at their tent, and need I to buy a t-shirt or three for the collection.”

“What did you think of the ride through the Badlands?”

“It was abso-fucking-lutely epic! Man, what a weird-looking landscape! Betcha they’ve filmed movie scenes there, using it as some other world.”

“I think it’s cool how each National Park we’ve visited over the past few years is so unique. Oh shit! Skank alert, Daytona, skank alert. And she’s headed our way.”

“Fuck! Would you look at her? The bikini top can’t hold her saggy tits, her belly folds over the edge of her micro daisy dukes, and wassup with those roller skates?”

“This is gonna be fun. She’s headed right for you, boy. You’re on your own here.”

“Hi, guys. You boys having fun?”

“Howdy, so far we are, ma’am.”

“So polite, I like that. What’s your name, handsome? I love a hot biker with sexy tattoos, and that’s some great script on your chest. You should walk around without a shirt all the time. The dark hair and green eyes don’t hurt your looks either, stud.”

“Thank you, ma’am, but going shirtless would be a problem back home in Thunder Bay during winter. Might get a bit cold.”

“Oh, I’d be happy to keep you warm, sexy. How about we let your friend there walk around for a while by himself, and you and I go get to know each other better?”

“Sorry, ma’am, but he’s not just my friend. He’s my husband.”

“WHAT? YOUR HUSBAND? JESUS H. CHRIST, IS EVERY GOOD-LOOKING GUY A GODDAMNED HOMO? YOU FUCKING FAGGOTS SHOULD ALL GET AIDS AND DIE! MOTHERFUCKERS SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED OUT WITH NORMAL PEOPLE.”

“Come on, Daytona. Time to get away from the crazy lady. Let’s walk into the dealership. They won’t let her in while she’s screaming.”

 

It’s been over three months, yet the tears come anytime. Mom and Dad have been great, as have my two brothers. They all want me to spend Thanksgiving at home, but I can’t do it. Not much to be thankful for.

He was right that day. We walked into the Harley shop and lost the woman. They didn’t allow her inside when she wouldn’t stop her rant. The rest of the afternoon, we spent checking out cool bikes and hot men all over the place. We bought some pins and patches for our vests and jackets and had a few beers to quench the thirst.

After dinner, we met up with our two German studs and a husband and wife from Casper. They’d all met in town during the day, and the Wyoming couple wanted to tag along for the evening. Their oldest son was gay and married, and they felt just fine spending time with four gay men. We saw our nemesis from earlier, but even though we were stared at for a while, she remained quiet.

As we left the saloon sometime after midnight, we noticed her again. She was slumped over the wheel of a pickup truck, sleeping it off already, we guessed. It was a beautiful night; the day's heat had receded, and a gentle breeze stirred the leaves on the trees. Over our heads, a sky full of stars shone almost as bright as our contented smiles. Life was good.

We were riding at a pretty good clip, but no more than ten miles over the speed limit, when I noticed headlights in the rearview mirror. We both slowed down a bit to make it easier for the speeding vehicle to overtake us. As it passed, I glanced over and saw her―an evil smile on her face.

After slamming into us, the woman careened off the road, rolled down the embankment, and broke her neck as she flew through the windshield. I spent two weeks in the hospital recovering from surgery to repair assorted damage to my body. My husband’s ashes flew home with me.

•••

Tony was already asleep as a result of too many tequila shots. Colton was wrapped up in his blue sweater, sitting in front of the fire, reading from the small leather-bound book. And once again, the tears came. Each one shed, just another drop in a never-ending waterfall.

I hope you enjoyed reading, if so a 'LIKE' would be appreciated. Whether you did or not, a comment would be extremely welcome.
http://www.gayauthors.org/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/thankyou.gif
Copyright © 2014 Carlos Hazday; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 19
  • Love 4
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

Welcome to the discussion thread for CJ’s series. All things CJ are fair game, I simply ask you be respectful of others. I will actively participate in the discussion. Ask questions, speculate about what’s coming, or bitch about what happened. We’re now open for business!    
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Loved the biker story, did my best not to cry along at the inevitable ending. Don't know why he hasn't gone mad after doing this over and over and over. :no:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 11/15/2014 08:11 AM, Timothy M. said:
Loved the biker story, did my best not to cry along at the inevitable ending. Don't know why he hasn't gone mad after doing this over and over and over. :no:
Thanks Timmy!

 

Had to work my motorcycle addiction into the story at some point. It was good to draw on some of my experiences for it. The trip to Sturgis I made last year instead of in 2010 and the 'skank' I encountered in 2009 at a rally in Washington. But hey, author's liberties and all that!

 

A human would have definitely gone insane by now but...

 

Thanks for reading and for the comment, you know I appreciate both!

 

C

  • Love 2
Link to comment

Good Lord Carlos! Way to punch a guy in the gut. I don't know how Solcar manages to pick himself up and go on. While he is sitting there reading that book and mourning another loss, the next one is laying there, asleep and oblivious. I just can't contemplate that kind of pain. I hope you somehow have a plan to save Tony. A broken neck seems way too easy for that hateful, bigoted bitch. No bull...I think you keep getting better at expressing what you want and the flow of these installments keeps improving. Plus you made me tear up, you bitch :,( Cheers...Gary

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 11/15/2014 09:29 AM, Headstall said:
Good Lord Carlos! Way to punch a guy in the gut. I don't know how Solcar manages to pick himself up and go on. While he is sitting there reading that book and mourning another loss, the next one is laying there, asleep and oblivious. I just can't contemplate that kind of pain. I hope you somehow have a plan to save Tony. A broken neck seems way too easy for that hateful, bigoted bitch. No bull...I think you keep getting better at expressing what you want and the flow of these installments keeps improving. Plus you made me tear up, you bitch :,( Cheers...Gary
Not sure how to say thanks. I know I'm learning as I go along and I hope I'm improving. Yeah, ther's a plan but can't let that out yet. This one and San Francisco have been the toughest ones to write, hopefully I touched some emotions. Camelot was just silly and the last one was designed to provide a bit more insight into the characters. I also wanted to show that two gay men can be tender and romantic without turning into silly individuals. Got a couple more I want to share. Stick around, i promise it'll be worth it.
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Carlos,

I am in the midst of my 5th Meta book detailing all the suffering Colt had to go through to get where he is now. BUT THAT IS NOTHING compared to what you do to your main character. It is a miracle he can still fall in love again. It is even a miracle he is still sane. But it also shows the power to men can develop emotionally with each other.

I am normally not a HEA guy, but please can I have one in this case? Please? Please?

Thanks,

JAR

(and I will come back on the male pregnancy aspect)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 11/15/2014 12:15 PM, JohnAR said:
Carlos,

I am in the midst of my 5th Meta book detailing all the suffering Colt had to go through to get where he is now. BUT THAT IS NOTHING compared to what you do to your main character. It is a miracle he can still fall in love again. It is even a miracle he is still sane. But it also shows the power to men can develop emotionally with each other.

I am normally not a HEA guy, but please can I have one in this case? Please? Please?

Thanks,

JAR

(and I will come back on the male pregnancy aspect)

There will be an end to this story. To be honest, the chapters are kinda tough to write now compared to the first few. Each one is longer than the previous one partially due to my growing emotional attachment to the characters. Specially Colton And Tony. The reader gets to see a slice of them but I've had to bake the entire pie before cutting out the slice and serving it up. I'll go as far as saying that the ending I foresee, not yet written, will be fitting and hopefully satisfying.

 

Thanks for the comments and tell the jarhead I say hi. :P

  • Love 2
Link to comment

Nice way to skirt around the Thanksgiving theme.

One day I'll be at Sturgis...

Holy hell to the rest. To be honest, I don't know if I can follow this story to the end. It's November after all...

  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 11/16/2014 10:44 PM, aditus said:
Nice way to skirt around the Thanksgiving theme.

One day I'll be at Sturgis...

Holy hell to the rest. To be honest, I don't know if I can follow this story to the end. It's November after all...

Sturgis was interesting. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. I'd much more prefer Daytona. The best part about South Dakota was Badlands National Park and Mount Rushmore, had to put that in the story.

 

Yes you can, yes you can, yes you can. Trust me, it'll be worth it!

 

Thanks for the review, it is most welcome and very much appreciates.

 

Carlos

  • Love 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator

So I hadn't read your other stories, so I was completely lost in who was who, but I felt so bad for your guys. My hubby and I got hit right after we got married, and I was busted up bad, he had mostly minor injuries, but the drunk who hit us died. Whenever I read stories, it just hits home to how scared we both were about each other, and our injuries, and makes the stories have that much more impact. You made it emotional, even though that part of the story was just two or three lines.

My biggest suggestion would be to mix the dialogue and narration. I can 'see' the story scene when all you do is dialogue, and during narration all we get is the story being told to us. Mixing them would create a more natural flow for readers, unless you're doing that on purpose.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 11/17/2014 04:32 AM, Cia said:
So I hadn't read your other stories, so I was completely lost in who was who, but I felt so bad for your guys. My hubby and I got hit right after we got married, and I was busted up bad, he had mostly minor injuries, but the drunk who hit us died. Whenever I read stories, it just hits home to how scared we both were about each other, and our injuries, and makes the stories have that much more impact. You made it emotional, even though that part of the story was just two or three lines.

My biggest suggestion would be to mix the dialogue and narration. I can 'see' the story scene when all you do is dialogue, and during narration all we get is the story being told to us. Mixing them would create a more natural flow for readers, unless you're doing that on purpose.

Bless you! Love a review which offers suggestions and points out both good and bad. It was done on purpose. Been trying out different things in each of the prompt stories to see how they work. But your comment shall be kept in mind,

This started out as a 450 word prompt response and it got away from me so there's some continuity from chapter to chapter. That applies only to the "frame" the story in the middle stands on its own.

I'm going to wrap it all up in a couple of chapters and then rename the whole thing and make it clear it is one story with a few stand alone subplots. Once again, thanks

Too damn hot for chaps and leather jacket mid 80s today but should cool down next week. :)

  • Love 2
Link to comment

For me this was a jumping off point. I haven't read your other work, but was able to follow what happened here. Never be afraid of dialogue. Sometimes just a word can have a huge impact on a story. I felt for the poor man as he sat there reading, remembering, and dealing with his grief all over again. Nicely handled.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 11/19/2014 12:53 PM, comicfan said:
For me this was a jumping off point. I haven't read your other work, but was able to follow what happened here. Never be afraid of dialogue. Sometimes just a word can have a huge impact on a story. I felt for the poor man as he sat there reading, remembering, and dealing with his grief all over again. Nicely handled.
Thank you!

 

For reading and for leaving a comment. It's reassuring to know I can somehow elicit a reaction from the reader. I hope you come back and read some more in the future!

 

Carlos-

  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..