Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Solcar - 2. Rome 55 BCE

p style="text-align:center;"> Prompt 356 – Creative
Tag – First Line
“Since when do I have to tell you everything?”

“Since when do I have to tell you everything?” asked the Centurion as he ran his fingers through the short, tightly curled hair on his slave’s chest. “All you need to know is how to continue pleasing me; anything else is unimportant.” He leaned his head and again nibbled on the young, muscular man’s left nipple while stroking the thick organ between Lucius’ legs. It had, scant minutes before, been inside the Centurion, providing immense pleasure. It had then lost rigidity and slowly slipped out after causing simultaneous eruptions by both of them. The older man felt somewhat empty once the slave’s appendage was removed from his body.

Slave traders acquired the imposing Nubian in Aegyptus and subsequently brought to Rome. A perfect male specimen, the Centurion purchased him to serve as a guard for his two young sons. His children, like those of other important Roman citizens, were subject to certain risks due to their father’s position. Lucius quickly proved he was worth the high price he commanded at auction.

The slave was more than a fearsome warrior who protected the family on more than one occasion. He was an intelligent and patient man who assisted in the education of his two young charges. In some ways, he replaced the mother lost years before.

Over the previous fifty-plus months, the Roman had fallen in love with his servant, and Lucius had correspondingly fallen in love with his master. They had become comfortable with each other. Most nights, and many mornings, found the military man on his back, his legs spread wide as the large African penetrated him and took possession of his body, bringing both great enjoyment and deep satisfaction.

“Why can’t I accompany you on this campaign as I have before, Centurion? I’ll be miserable, worried, lonely…”

“Hush, Lucius; enjoy this evening before I depart. In the morning, there will be a special present for you.”

The military man felt younger and more alive that he had in a long time. When his slave again entered him sometime later, he reached another orgasm as his insides were flooded with his lover’s essence one more time. Sated at last, they fell asleep in each other’s arms.

Before the sky alighted, the Centurion awoke but did not move. He looked at his young companion, lying next to him, knowing he would probably not see him again after this day. The premonition of death had first assailed the citizen of Rome several months before; it had grown stronger with time. He felt certain there would be no return to his villa outside the city following the upcoming campaign. He would not risk the life of the man who had stolen his heart and become his trusted partner by allowing his lover to accompany him into battle.

This was the last thing he imagined would happen when Lucius was taken from the slave pens after the auction. He was meant to be nothing more than his servant. He had never expected to fall in love again after his wife had died during childbirth, leaving him alone.

Silent tears streaked down his face as he spooned his lover, he was aware of Lucius also crying, but there was nothing he could do. They kept the pretense of sleep as sadness enveloped them, both certain the Centurion would not return alive.

He had already settled his affairs. His older brother had agreed to handle matters after his departure and ensure his last wishes were respected. Once he was gone, Lucius would learn he was no longer a slave. He would forever be a free man, a citizen of Rome, and wealthy beyond his dreams. The Centurion could do nothing about the sadness that would plague the former slave for the rest of his life.

•••

 

Colton used the brown napkin he had taken from the dispenser at Starbucks and wiped his eyes. Fucking tears, he hated them. Inside the human’s mind. Solcar silently agreed; he had never become accustomed to crying. He remembered that day in the Italian countryside so many years ago, and one thought kept running through his head; the freedom and wealth bestowed upon him carried too high a price. Losing his loved one.

The High Lords had known the suffering he would experience when they announced their sentence; death would have been easier to live with. Ha! That was the ultimate in moronic thoughts. He had lost track of time in his world, but the small leather-bound book in his hands was a sign his five thousand-year sentence would soon end.

Thank you for the kind words on the previous chapter. Please let me know how you feel about this one.
Copyright © 2014 Carlos Hazday; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 13
  • Love 6
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

Welcome to the discussion thread for CJ’s series. All things CJ are fair game, I simply ask you be respectful of others. I will actively participate in the discussion. Ask questions, speculate about what’s coming, or bitch about what happened. We’re now open for business!    
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 09/26/2014 11:11 PM, JohnAR said:
Mysterious, mysterious ... teasing! J.A.R. ;-)
Gotta tease you boys a little, can't give it all up the first couple of times! LOL

 

Did you notice the name of the character in the first chapter?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 09/27/2014 01:28 AM, Headstall said:
Way too short! I wanted more...you are a tease :P Cheers...G
LOL.... read my other reply. Feeling my way around the concept and trying to use these initial ones as a way of establishing the character.
  • Like 2
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator

You conveyed a lot in very few words. I liked the continuation from the other prompt, but like the other reviewers I want more! :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 09/27/2014 09:40 AM, Valkyrie said:
You conveyed a lot in very few words. I liked the continuation from the other prompt, but like the other reviewers I want more! :)
There you go Val..... I used my old baseball addiction on this one LOL
  • Like 2
Link to comment

So sad - but it left me wondering: was Solcar the slave in this story, destined to lose love but win his freedom? Only to move on to yet another life of love and loss?

I'm sure he must hate the old adage: better to have loved and lost...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 10/26/2014 08:02 PM, Timothy M. said:
So sad - but it left me wondering: was Solcar the slave in this story, destined to lose love but win his freedom? Only to move on to yet another life of love and loss?

I'm sure he must hate the old adage: better to have loved and lost...

Don't doubt yourself, you got it right. Luscius lacks freedom but he has love. Losing one to gain the other one may seem to be a good deal but the pain the exchange brings makes it questionable proposition.
  • Like 3
Link to comment

'They kept the pretense of sleep as sadness enveloped them; ...'

This was beautiful...sad. And I can't believe I just wrote this.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 12/03/2014 01:57 AM, aditus said:
'They kept the pretense of sleep as sadness enveloped them; ...'

This was beautiful...sad. And I can't believe I just wrote this.

Thanks! I'm not always the crazy biker! And you writing that was just fine with me!
  • Like 2
Link to comment
7 hours ago, mansexlover said:

Great second chapter would love a follow up where this is used as a basis for a much longer story x

LOL

I have enough on my plate already!

This entire story was a sad one. Not sure I could write this type of stuff again. Although I do include sadness in my work, it tends to be mostly feel-good stories. I figure someone else can tackle the angst and pain. :P

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment

I'm curious as to his crime if this is his punishment ... 5,000 years, how many lives filled with loss?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
11 hours ago, dughlas said:

I'm curious as to his crime if this is his punishment ... 5,000 years, how many lives filled with loss?

No spoilers in case someone else reads the comments. LOL By now you should have answers.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..