Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 509 Words
  • 2,489 Views
  • 26 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Matt and Donnie - 10. Chapter 10

Epilogue

We finished school and had excelled in our classes. The Turners wanted to sell their farm and move closer to their children. Between what I had saved from my trust fund and what Donnie had received from his mother's death, we had enough to put a substantial down payment on the farm. Donnie was delighted and spent a lot of time developing the farm. I spent my time at Dad's offices, and he eventually changed the name to Father and Son Ad Agency. I asked him why he didn't use our names. He looked at me, Matt and Matt sounds a little too cheerful for an ad agency. He was probably right.

I came home one Friday and was met by a beautiful greyhound. When I opened the door, the dog came over, and I thought John and Sam were here. But I was wrong. This lovely animal was now a part of our home. When I went into the house, Donnie looked a little worried as to what I thought. At first, I thought it was about the dog. Soon I found out that we had three dogs. I just laughed and hugged him. He relaxed and then told me when he went to pick up one, there were three, and they said the ones he didn't want would be put to sleep. So he took all three. When I asked what their names were, he said he named them Dave, Angie, and Moe. I asked why Dave and Angie, he said that way they'd always be in our home and minds. Moe was just a name that popped in his head. I laughed as I sat on the sofa, and soon I had three dogs around me. Tongue kisses and head scratches were the calls of the day.

That evening in bed, "Do you remember the first time you slept in this bed?"

"Yes, and it was just as comfy as it is now."

When we bought the farmhouse, I moved my bed to our bedroom. Call it sentimental, but that bed had a lot of firsts and memories.

Our lives continued to be enriched with our love. Each time was like the first time, and our love grew each day. The farm was a huge success. Donnie was growing plants that no one expected to be grown in that area. The best were the grapes that were made into a wine, which he called Turner Reserve. The first six bottles were sent to the Turners, and the next six were divided between our parents.

Angie and Dave got married. Donnie was the best man, and he looked sharp. When they returned from their honeymoon, we celebrated at the coffee shop. I was surprised to see Brian and Sammy there with their wives and children.

That is one thing that Donnie and I will miss, not having children. But who knows, maybe adoption is possible. All I know is that life without Donnie wouldn't be life for me. My love for him grows each day

Copyright © 2020 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 21
  • Love 23
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



16 minutes ago, mikedup said:

Awesome chapter and a really great ending

Thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed this short story 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
31 minutes ago, Anton_Cloche said:

Still time to add post Epilogue (yep they exist), maybe called '5 Years On', with Matt and Donnie and their 3 adopted children (one for each dog), maybe even orphaned children from same family a couple of years apart. Damn did I just write the outline?

:)

I give you the rights to the story so you can give it a whirl.😉

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment

 Thank you nice story.So they might adopt kids?Let me tell you something there were a number of times we had two dachshunds at the same time.Having three Greyhounds will be a lot like having little kids.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, weinerdog said:

 Thank you nice story.So they might adopt kids?Let me tell you something there were a number of times we had two dachshunds at the same time.Having three Greyhounds will be a lot like having little kids.

That is true. I never had three dogs at one time, I have had a dachshund, a German Shepard and a Great Dane. Of them three, I take them Dane, he was a loving dog.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
7 hours ago, CLJobe said:

Thanks. I'm a dog lover and to think about three at one time, I'd loved it. Dogs, unlike humans, are a loving animal. In my opinion of course 

Have you seen then Cal? All three are greyhounds?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Tonyr said:

Have you seen then Cal? All three are greyhounds?

 

2 hours ago, Tonyr said:

Have you seen then Cal? All three are greyhounds?

Yes, all three of them. Dogs are so loving. I'm living with a bulldog now. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
1 hour ago, jaysalmn said:

Great ending! I, too, am enjoying ur stories! 

Thanks, I'm glad . I just posted the first chapter in another story. Hopefully you will like that one as well.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

What is better than one Puppy?

Yay!

Ending fit the story very well. Very well indeed...

  • Like 3
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Buz said:

What is better than one Puppy?

Yay!

Ending fit the story very well. Very well indeed...

Thanks, can you imagine how much love those dogs gave Matt and Donnie.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

In the last paragraph, Matt stated "But who knows, maybe adoption is possible."  IT IS POSSIBLE!  My stories include some adoptions, and it's a win win situation for both the gay parents, and the child, or children.  I suspect that some gay couples may have more love for their children than many hetro couples.  Great story, CLJ.

Doug Spencer

  • Like 4
Link to comment
5 hours ago, Doug Spencer said:

In the last paragraph, Matt stated "But who knows, maybe adoption is possible."  IT IS POSSIBLE!  My stories include some adoptions, and it's a win win situation for both the gay parents, and the child, or children.  I suspect that some gay couples may have more love for their children than many hetro couples.  Great story, CLJ.

Doug Spencer

You are right and I agree. I think gay couples that adopt have more love to give compared to natural parents who come to resent their children if they don't turn out like they want them to to ;I've up to their expectations.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 11/2/2020 at 2:45 PM, Anton_Cloche said:

Still time to add post Epilogue (yep they exist), maybe called '5 Years On', with Matt and Donnie and their 3 adopted children (one for each dog), maybe even orphaned children from same family a couple of years apart. Damn did I just write the outline?

:)

Yes you did maybe you and Cal can work on it together 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Loved the end of the story, I knew that the Turner’s would sell the farm to our guys 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, Bft said:

Yes you did maybe you and Cal can work on it together 

Now there is an idea worth pursuing

  • Like 1
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, Bft said:

Loved the end of the story, I knew that the Turner’s would sell the farm to our guys 

Psychic. Yes, I gave a few hints along the way

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 11/2/2020 at 6:14 PM, weinerdog said:

 Thank you nice story.So they might adopt kids?Let me tell you something there were a number of times we had two dachshunds at the same time.Having three Greyhounds will be a lot like having little kids.

My neighbours have a dappled brown dachshund they call her Udon because she looks like a noodle 

  • Love 1
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..