Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,793 Words
  • 2,409 Views
  • 20 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Paul and Adrian - 11. Chapter 11

“Adrian, what do you think about buying a car?”

“We don’t need one for school or work. Why are you asking?”

“When I turned the car in at the rental place, I heard them talking about taking one of the cars and putting it up for sale. When I asked about them selling cars, they said they check the car, make any necessary repairs, and then sell them at a discount. She said they buy new cars from the factory at a discount which they make up on rentals, and when the car is paid off, they sell it.”

“Did you see any you liked?”

“Yes, I saw a few in the lot, but they weren’t for sale. Although I think they could have got a similar car from one of the other rental places.”

“Let’s give it a thought. I guess a car might be nice over the holidays. We could visit your grandparents as well as Alex and Bill.”

“Let’s go to sleep.”

“Really. You want to sleep?”

“Well, not right away, but eventually.” I grabbed him and pulled him to our bed.

“Wait, let’s take a shower first.”

I was all for that as it was a good preamble to what would happen. As I washed his back, he had a fine ass that was all mine and only mine. “Hey, don’t stop, finish washing my back.”

“Sorry, but I had to stop to admire the view.”

“You can admire it in bed, and I’m sure you’ll get a different perspective.”

“Fancy words, college boy. I’ll get more than a perspective.”

“Just remember what happens will come around.”

“Hey, you can check my perspective anytime. You can do it now as you wash my back.”

“I need you to bend over a little so that I can wash your hair.”

I knew that wasn’t what he wanted, and sure enough, I felt a poking into my perspective. “You bad boy.”

“Do you want me to stop or continue to wash your hair?”

“Can you massage my scalp as well?”

“I’ll give you a deep massage.”

And he did. Making love is one thing, but adding a little humor never hurts. I knew that Paul loved me, and I also knew my turn would come before we fell asleep.

 

The next morning, “I wonder if we could make that fried chicken like the diner?”

“Let’s get some chicken and buttermilk and find out. You’ll need a cooking thermometer to be sure the temperature is right. If it works, we can make it for the Grands.”

We had to go shopping anyway as we were out of breakfast and lunch fixings. Walking to the supermarket, “Gene said that the bank was going to contact me concerning my trust fund. I don’t understand why Dad never said anything.”

“Maybe he was hoping you’d never find out. He certainly has made it rough on you going to college.”

“I was hurt by what my mom said. Do you suppose she would’ve gotten an abortion if she knew I’d be gay?”

“I don’t know, but I’m glad she didn’t. If she had, I’d never have found you.”

“If she gave me up for adoption, you still may have never found me. I wonder what my life would have been like.”

“It could have been worse, like mine. Suppose you grew up in a homophobic household.”

“At least you had your grandparents. I didn’t even have that.”

“Yes, you did, maybe you didn’t know them or remember them, but they did love you.”

I thought about that, “if it wasn’t for my grandfather, who knew where I’d be. I think Paul was right. Grandfather must have loved me to make sure I was taken care of financially. “Let’s shop.”

“Adrian, pick up two of those cloth shopping bags. They hold more and are easier to carry.”

“Look, lube is cheaper here than the drug store.”

“Get several tubes. We go through that stuff faster than toothpaste.” I just laughed as he dumped six tubes in our basket.

“Checking out was an experience with the lube. The check out guy looked at us and winked as he rang up the lube. My face turned red, but Paul smiled and winked back. That boy has no shame. He was in love and didn’t care what anyone said or did.

When we got home, as Paul put the groceries away, Emily called, “Adrian, Mom is worse. Jim said it’s just a matter of time. I know you were just here but could you come again. I need you and Gene. Regardless of how she treated you, she is our mother.”

“Paul, that was Emily. Mom isn’t going to make it, and she wants us to come back.”

“I think we should go. You’ll never forgive yourself if you don’t.”

“We have school starting next week. I Will miss the first few days.”

“Let’s go over and talk to our advisors and let them know what’s up. I’m sure they’ll help us.”

We had a quick lunch and headed to the administration building. I spoke to my advisor while Paul talked to his. My advisor told me to go and see my profs and let them know. He’ll follow up with them. When I met up with Paul, he said his advisor told him the same thing. ”

“The next morning, we made the rounds. Our profs gave us the handouts for the first week. We had our books. They told us we could send in our assignments while we were gone, and they would keep us up to date on the assignments.

“Paul, we don’t have computers. We have been using the ones in the library.”

“Let’s buy one. We should have one anyway.”

Buying one wasn’t a problem. Coming up with the money was the problem. “You need to go and rent a car while I pack.”

“Adrian, Dave dropped off our mail. There is a letter for you from a bank. I’ll see you later.”

I stopped packing and went to get the letter. When I opened the envelope, there was a letter and a check. The letter told me about the trust fund, the amount, and the check. The check represented the interest. I looked at the check, and I was sure there was a mistake. The letterhead included a phone number, so I called the bank. I asked for the man who signed the letter. When he answered, I told him who I was and received his letter and the check. “I think there has been an error. This is a large sum of money.”

“No, sir, your trust has been accumulating interest since the money was initially deposited. The interest on the account was placed in a savings account, per your grandfather’s instructions. It was available for you to use as needed. Since you didn’t withdraw any amount, it just continued to grow. I spoke to your brother, and he asked that I send that check to you.”

“I plan on being in town tomorrow. Can we meet? I need to discuss this with you, but before I do, I need to give this a lot of thought.”

“Certainly, why don’t we have lunch. We can meet at the bank and go from there.”

I agreed to lunch. Now I need to tell Paul. He won’t believe this.

“When Paul came in, I rushed to him and grabbed him. “You won’t believe this. Look”

When Paul’s eyes saw the check, he looked at me, then the check again. “This is real?”

“Yes, I spoke to the bank, and we have a meeting tomorrow. Paul, I can’t believe this. This means I can pay your grandfather back now.”

“I’m happy for you. To think that if your mother hadn’t got ill, you’d never found out about this.”

“I’m sorry she is ill, but I should have been told about this. All the worrying I did and imposing on your grandparents wouldn’t have been necessary. So out of my mom’s illness, I’m reunited with my sister and brother. I got grandparents. I now know my grandfather was looking out for me, and best of all, I got you. What started out as a major worry for me is now resolved.”

“You’re lucky, but I’m luckier. I got you.”

“We need to share this with your Grands. We owe them this.”

“When we come back, we can call or go and see them.”

I told Dave that I had to go home again as my mother has turned worse, and the prognosis isn’t good. He understood and asked to check the diner for any more good information.”

“The trip home was faster than last time since we now knew the way. “Drive to the hospital.”

As soon as we enter, I went to the receptionist and asked for Emily. We waited a few minutes when I saw her enter the waiting room. We got our hugs and kisses, “Mom isn’t doing well at all. She is awake, but Jim said it is only time. I’m glad you came.”

We followed Emily to Mom’s room. Dad was there, and by the looks on his face, he disapproved of me being there. I didn’t care what he thought. I was there for myself. I walked to Mom’s bed. She looked at me. I took her hand, she didn’t pull away, “Mom, I wanted you to know I forgive you. I love you and will always remember you. I hold no grudge, nor do I hate you. I wish you were better and we could talk. Just remember, I love you.”

“There were tears in her eyes and mine as well. Regardless of how I was treated, she was my mother. I felt a hand on my shoulder, thinking it was my dad. I turned around to say the same to him; it wasn’t my dad; it was Gene. He pulled me into a hug. He had tears in his eyes.

“Adrian, you’re a better man than me. I don’t know if I could have forgiven Mom if she treated me like she treated you.”

“Gene, forgiveness is easy if you focus on the positive. I never had to worry about food or clothes or money when I needed it. For whatever reason, I think, in her way, Mom loved me.”

I got a family hug. Gene, Emily, and Jim all hugged me. Dad stood aside, then left the room. Later, Paul told me he went and sat in the waiting room.

“Emily, I have a meeting with the bank. We’ll be back later. Is there anything I can bring you? Gene, how about you, lunch, maybe?”

“Adrian, if you go to the diner....”

“Say no more.”

Copyright © 2020 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 29
  • Love 15
  • Sad 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Another good one, full of good news. About his mom: It was expected 

Cal, is Jim a doctor?

Tkx.

 

Edited by Tonyr
  • Like 3
Link to comment

Saying goodbye to your mother, even if she cant talk back is one of thr hardest things ever. Two weeks ago was the two year anniversary of my mothers death. It was the hardest thing i ever went through. I know how adrian feels.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Awesome chapter. Adrian was looked after by his grandparents and he forgave his mother. From his Dad's reaction I don't think they will ever reconcile.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Just now, chris191070 said:

Awesome chapter. Adrian was looked after by his grandparents and he forgave his mother. From his Dad's reaction I don't think they will ever reconcile.

Ummmmm, i'm guessing they eventually will.

  • Like 3
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Link to comment

At lot of people could not do what Adrian did with his Mom.I think @chris191070 is right that Adrian and his father won't reconcile.But one hope is his dad will realize how much more character his son has then he.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Wesley8890 said:

Saying goodbye to your mother, even if she cant talk back is one of thr hardest things ever. Two weeks ago was the two year anniversary of my mothers death. It was the hardest thing i ever went through. I know how adrian feels.

5 years ago for me.I think of her everyday and I know you do of yours also.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
7 hours ago, mikedup said:

Awesome chapter, and an amazing surprise from his grandparents, now his life will be infinitely better, I am glad he forgave his mother better before she dies than after.  his father still needs to see the light

Yes, I also am glad he made peace with his mother. And you are right, not sure his father overfill make peace.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
7 hours ago, Tonyr said:

Another good one, full of good news. About his mom: It was expected 

Cal, is Jim a doctor?

Tkx.

 

Yes, he's his sister's BF.  You remember the comment about why his sister wanted to be a nurse

  • Like 4
Link to comment
7 hours ago, Wesley8890 said:

Saying goodbye to your mother, even if she cant talk back is one of thr hardest things ever. Two weeks ago was the two year anniversary of my mothers death. It was the hardest thing i ever went through. I know how adrian feels.

Yes, I had to experience that as well. And you are right, it bothered me for a long time after.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
6 hours ago, Tonyr said:

Pls refrain from asking me about that 'font'?.. Beats me too. 

The message is more important than the font. Maybe one of these days I'll show you how to tame a font.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
6 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Awesome chapter. Adrian was looked after by his grandparents and he forgave his mother. From his Dad's reaction I don't think they will ever reconcile.

I think you are right. Men have a hard time when their sons are gay. They take that as a reflection on themselves.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
6 hours ago, Tonyr said:

Ummmmm, i'm guessing they eventually will.

I doubt it. I believe there is a mean streak in the old man

  • Like 4
Link to comment
3 hours ago, weinerdog said:

At lot of people could not do what Adrian did with his Mom.I think @chris191070 is right that Adrian and his father won't reconcile.But one hope is his dad will realize how much more character his son has then he.

Not sure that will happen.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
20 minutes ago, Buz said:

Basic person that I am, I want to know how much the cheque was for, etc?

You can imaging, its covers his hand of his college and still had some left over. Adrian is 18, his grandfather set up that trust when he was born. So the interest on that trust accumulated for a good part of the 18 years and was reinvested. My guess there were several zeros after the first digit.

  • Like 5
Link to comment

I have to agree with chris191070 I do not see Dad ever reconciling with Adrian.  He is a bully and probably forced his attitudes and beliefs onto his wife!  I'm happy Adrian was able to look past that and forgive his Mom giving her peaceful closure!   

  • Like 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, KayDeeMac said:

I have to agree with chris191070 I do not see Dad ever reconciling with Adrian.  He is a bully and probably forced his attitudes and beliefs onto his wife!  I'm happy Adrian was able to look past that and forgive his Mom giving her peaceful closure!   

 

1 hour ago, KayDeeMac said:

I have to agree with chris191070 I do not see Dad ever reconciling with Adrian.  He is a bully and probably forced his attitudes and beliefs onto his wife!  I'm happy Adrian was able to look past that and forgive his Mom giving her peaceful closure!   

Yes and I would bet if his father asked for forgiveness, Adrian would grant it

  • Like 3
Link to comment

I wonder if mother being sick is her karma for the way she has treated Adrian 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..