Jump to content

Alain's Watch

   (7 reviews)
Genres: General Fiction
Sub-genres: Drama

Cam Hudson and Eriq Bonville are best friends who play on their high school baseball team. Both seniors and dreaming about what comes next, they are confronted with the reality of how others treat people who don't have a good friend, like they do, or close family support. One of their teammates opens their eyes and they try to help, before it's too late.

Ultimately a story of hope, this story does have discussions of and a memory of a previous suicide and mention of a rae that led to it, though neither are graphically depicted.
Copyright © 2023 Dabeagle; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (8 members)

  • Action Packed 1
  • Addictive/Pacing 3
  • Characters 7
  • Chills 5
  • Cliffhanger 2
  • Compelling 5
  • Feel-Good 2
  • Humor 1
  • Smoldering 1
  • Tearjerker 6
  • Unique 2
  • World Building 1

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

raven1

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

This is a very uncompromising tale that really got to me emotionally.  This is a very well written tale that is amazing in how so well developed it is with so few words.  Yes, the story examines very difficult subjects, but there is some hope.  I fervently believe people, especially teens need to read this story.

Link to review
Marty

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

Not for the faint-hearted, as this story touches on the subject of suicide. But a well written story that needs to be read; partly because it touches on some of the signs to look out for. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 6
Link to review
chris191070

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

A powerful story, not for the faint hearted. It gives warnings as to watch out for, for possible suicide.

  • Like 2
  • Love 5
Link to review
weinerdog

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

In addition to what has already been said in the other reviews this story has more relevance now more then ever because some of what happened in this story seems to be trying  to regress back to the norm in some pockets of the country .

Like survivors of and descendants of victims of the Holocaust say "Never forget" The same thing applies here

  • Like 2
  • Love 6
Link to review
centexhairysub

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

A powerful story that is well written with characters you can care about.  A subject that many feel awkward about but that we all need to educate ourselves more about.  

Made me think, feel, and cry.

  • Like 2
  • Love 6
Link to review
Mancunian

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

Powerful, well-written, hard-hitting story that must have been hard to write.

It's not an easy read and one that requires a tissue warning. This story is a must-read that touches on the subject of suicide, for this reason, it should be read with thought and care. Not everyone's story is as obvious as this one is, a reminder to look out for the signs so that we can try to step in and help.

Not for the faint-hearted, but it is a five-star recommended read.

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to review
vonfoto

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

A lovely story. A good warning about signs to watch for as warnings of possible suicide.

  • Like 3
  • Love 5
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..