Jump to content
    Demiurge
  • Author
  • 5,814 Words
  • 2,981 Views
  • 5 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Awaken - 20. Changes

**Explicit content

Over the next two days, I couldn’t stop myself from becoming sullen. True to his word, Eon had been trying to maneuver around court and reestablish his old connections. He’d been going every day and he reassured me that he still had friends in the military. He also seemed to think we might be able to call on our father’s old friends. I still didn’t feel like we were making enough progress. Nothing was getting done. I wasn’t getting any closer to ending the engagement. I went to class and advanced with my reading. Tyren pushed me farther and farther with the lessons. He pushed me daily to dispute everything I read and continue asking questions. Athel had upped the intensity of my training as well. My body was bruised and cut more than ever. I was permanently sore and I had a never-ending headache. We were only two days away from the unfortunate event, my morale had eroded. I was giving up. It was time for me to admit that I couldn’t undo this. No matter how hard everyone pushed me, I fell short.

The carriage rolled along. Eon sat next to me. Talon sat across from us, long fingers fussing with his black sleeve.

“So, what exactly is your plan now? Have you spoken about it to Tyren since your meeting with the queen?”, Eon asked.

“We haven’t talked, no.” I mumbled, pushing my hair out of my face.

You know I can only do so much at court. You need to leverage any resource you can find Kalian.” Talon kept looking between us and in the end kept his eyes only on me. I shrugged and tried to avoid looking at them.

Talon sighed, “Tyren has tried to bring it up, but every time he does, your brother shuts down.” I tried to ignore the tint of frustration in his voice. He was telling the truth. Tyren had been trying to drag any kind of input out of me since the audience. I had nothing to add to any of the conversations. I didn’t want to have them. I was focusing on the only thing that was still under my control, studying. It’d become apparent that I wasn’t getting out of the engagement. Even worse, when it would happen, Lex would separate me from Talon permanently. He’d separate me from my new life.

“What’s the point? We are getting absolutely nowhere!” I exclaimed, hating the whine in my voice.

“So, you’ve slid into feeling sorry for yourself?” Both Eon and I looked at Talon as anger became evident in his voice, “We’re all putting our necks on the line for you and you’ve decided it’s too hard? Tyren and Eon are doing everything they can at court. I gave up my entire life to be here, but you’re the one who’s had it the hardest right?” Eon wouldn’t meet my eyes as Talon’s words drilled into me. I’d been lost in my own wallowing and it hadn’t even occurred to me. The real extent of their efforts.

“We get it. You’re new to all of this. You feel overwhelmed. But when were you going to let the rest of us know that you had stopped trying?”

“Kalian, I’ve been running myself ragged at court, trying to find any help I can. You can’t just give up.” Eon’s face was impassive, but I saw the annoyance in his eyes.

“I don’t know what you two want from me!” The carriage rolled to a stop and I was out the door before they could reply. I stomped across the courtyard, hearing footsteps following close behind. A hand gripped my wrist and pulled me around to face its owner. I made myself ready to snap at Talon, but the words died on my lips. Tousled blond hair and sage green eyes came into view. My heart fell into my stomach and I felt nauseous immediately. Mallex looked down at me, a sly grin on his handsome face.

He wore the uniform of the military, black pants, navy blue coat with black lapels. Various metals decorated the fabric on his left breast and I could see my fear reflected in the polished silver and gold.

“Well, liebe, it’s been what, a week, perhaps more since I’ve seen you? I’ve heard you are improving quickly in your studies. I have to say I’m proud. The king, of course, thanked me for bringing you here.” His grip tightened on my wrist and I winced. “He also asked me why you met with the queen. I have to say, I’d like the answer to that question as well.” I looked around him and saw four men standing around Talon, also dressed in military navy. His eyes had a hard edge and I realized he was stuck. He couldn’t attack the king’s military in the capital because my fiancé wanted to talk to me without him. At best he’d be arrested, at worst he’d be charged with treason and executed. He met my eyes and then he scanned over Lex, the cold, familiar feel of his hatred slithering over our connection. It was becoming clear that I hadn’t given Mallex enough credit. By approaching me this way, he’d rendered Talon helpless.

“I asked you a question.” Those fingers dug into my wrist and I let out a soft hiss as he jerked me closer. My chest pressed against his and I looked away from him.

“Lex, let me go.” I ground out, trying to free my wrist from his grip. To anyone passing by, the way we were standing might look romantic. A man simply pulling his intended in for an embrace after being apart. They couldn’t see the fear in my eyes or the dangerous gleam in his.

“Answer me. Why did you meet with the queen? Look at me.” I forced myself to slowly lift my head, meeting his gaze with defiance.

“It’s none of your business.”

“It is actually. I wanted to hear the words from you. I wanted you to try and defend your betrayal personally. No matter. The queen told me herself about your pathetic attempt to end the engagement.”

I stared up at him, shock sliding over my features. Lex laughed, leaning down so our faces were close, “I told you. I have power here. I spoke to her before you even asked for your audience. I guess your teacher, your little spy at court, wasn’t able to gather that particular information?”

“She was all too excited to lend an ear while I told her about how I’ve been trying for years to catch your eye. It turns out, she’s a notorious romantic. I told her the whole story. How I had finally worked up the nerve to ask for your hand and bring you here. As soon as I did, Talon Verloren moved on you. She was practically distraught to learn that he stole you from me. Don’t worry, I assured her that whatever spell he has you under, we’d crush it. She’s been so helpful in trying to find remedies for my bewitched lover. Can’t have my little ball of light falling into shadow.”

My mouth hung open as I looked up at him. I saw Talon crossing the distance between us. Lex released my wrist, cupping my face with both hands as he leaned down, kissing me. My hands hung at my sides; my brain unable to process what he’d told me. His lips pressed more against mine, his tongue sliding over my lower lip.

“I have told you over and over. You’re mine Kalian.” He murmured against my lips.

Fingers dug into his shoulder and Talon dragged him away from me, his canines elongated and pressing harshly into his lip. There was a strange look in his eyes, “My lord. This is highly inappropriate. You two are not yet married.” He bit out each word and his fingers tightened on Lex’s shoulder.

Lex stepped back, making a big show of running his fingers over his lips, his eyes lingering on mine, “Of course you’re right Verloren. Have a good day at your classes, my love. I’ll see you at our engagement party.” He spared one last triumphant look at Talon before retreating to the group of soldiers that had previously surrounded the other man. They walked away and I stared after them, trying to ignore how my body shook. Talon hooked his arm around my waist, dragging me the rest of the way to Tyren’s building. I registered people smiling at me, girls covering their mouths while they giggled. To them it must have looked like my fiancé got caught up in his emotions, kissing me passionately in the middle of the school’s courtyard. If only they knew.

Talon almost wrenched the door off its hinges as he ushered me inside. He continued to drag me through the lower classroom, Ajul and the others giving me curious glances. My legs gave out before we reached the stairs and Talon awkwardly carried me up them. He dropped me onto my normal stool and slammed Tyren’ sliding door. I stared into space as the gravity of my situation descended. Tyren had been sitting in his window. As we entered, he stood up. His face was concerned as he took in my state.

“What’s happened?” He asked as Talon rested a hand on my shoulder, grounding me somewhat.

“We ran into Mallex. Eon and I had split up and I went after Kalian. He’d thrown a fit in the carriage on the way here and was upset. I’ll give Lex credit. I never imagined he’d make a move like this. I couldn’t do anything. He’d brought four of his friends to see to that.”

“He knew you wouldn’t be able to fight without it being disastrous for us.” Tyren said, surprised.

“He went to the queen before we did,” I mumbled. Talon’s fingers toyed with the hair at the nape of my neck. I stared past Tyren out the large window.

“Your sources conveniently left that part out.” Talon said, voice borderline accusing.

“They are sources, not a play by play of all interactions happening at court.”

“They missed a private audience with the queen.” I could feel Talon’s anger coming in steady streams over the tether.

“That does seem unlikely. Suspicious even. The queen has her way of keeping secrets. She is still the queen. It was foolish of me to rush us into the situation. Lord Kalian wasn’t ready. None of us were. It doesn’t matter in the end though. Kalian could have been perfectly polished and it would not have changed the outcome if the captain had already poisoned her against us.”

Then, we’ve lost. Lex is already steps ahead. What options do we have?” I was panting, my heart beat accelerating as I started to panic.

“Calm down. We’ll think of another way.” Talon reassured.

“There are always other routes to take, even if they may be more difficult. If Mallex has been able to earn the favor of both monarchs, certainly things are much different than we originally thought. Your engagement party may be a useful tool.”

“In what way? It will only show me just how fucked I actually am.” I snapped.

Tyren winced, “Now is not the time to quit. If anything, we have to work harder.” The metal door to the classroom slid open and Eon stepped in, closing it behind him.

He looked at me and sighed, “So it’s true then?”

“What?” I asked.

“There was a rumor going around that Captain Nainde and his betrothed had a moment on the school grounds. People are talking about it like it’s the greatest romance they’ve ever seen.” Eon grimaced, fingers rubbing the scruff on his chin. Talon stiffened next to me and Tyren’s mouth downturned in a frown.

“What else are they saying lord?” Tyren asked, turning as Eon walked farther into the room.

“That Lex will be in The Oben by the end of the year. That his lover’s ability to control such a powerful Magik will catapult him to the highest bracket of the king’s favor. He’ll be unstoppable and…”

“And?” Talon asked softly after a minute.

“And the captain will have the Shadow Summoner disposed of before any vows can be spoken. They seem to think Talon’s committed some kind of crime.”

“Does everyone know we have a relationship?” I asked, exasperated.

“Think about it lord. Talon has never been to court. He hasn’t had a presence out in the open at the capital. As soon as it became known that he followed you here and you are staying together, rumors would have started. It would have become worse when Lex stopped staying with you. The court loves drama. I told you not to make it known that you were together, but it was honestly already too late. Another miscalculation on my part.” Tyren sighed, his fingers toying with the silver chains he wore today.

“So how did the rumor mill go from thinking Kalian and I were together to romanticizing his relationship with Mallex?”

“I don’t know.” Eon shrugged, his face troubled, “There was a shift at some point. I can’t figure out what caused it. One day everyone was rooting for you two and the next Kalian and Lex. Talon, you went from being mysterious and intriguing, to scary and traitorous.”

“Lex told the queen he’d been in love with me for a while. He made up this ridiculous story that when he’d finally built up the nerve to try and marry me, Talon swooped in and put a spell on me.”

Tyren sighed, “It seems as though Mallex has created a narrative and people are eating it up. Our silence has allowed it to spread and poison, perhaps, the whole court.”

“How do we rewrite this narrative then?” Eon asked Tyren.

“Your place in court will be crucial. We need to alter how Talon is seen. We can’t have people thinking he’s a monster when the real one is put on a pedestal.”

“Great. Just wonderful. How are we meant to do that?” Talon asked. I kept my eyes on the window, trying to keep up with the conversation around me. It was quiet for a moment. The other three men in the room considering options.

“The king and queen don’t exactly get along, right? Isn’t that what you told me?” I asked, standing slowly as the gears in my brain started turning.

“Well, no. Especially not lately. Their trust in each other has never been solid an-“

“Does the king know how close Mallex and the queen suddenly are?” I interrupted.

Realization flashed in Eon’s eyes and Tyren tilted his head as he considered, “If the king thinks the captain is more loyal to the queen, he may start doubting his motives.”

“How do we put that thought in the king’s mind?” Eon asked, crossing his arms.

“Between you and I,“ Tyren said to Eon, “We simply spread the rumor that Lex has been garnering the Queen’s favor. It should be easy enough. Once the king hears of their private audience, I think he’ll run with it. The king, as selfish as he is, doesn’t like sharing his toys. Especially not with his wife.” Tyren nodded, smiling down at me.

“I’ll head back to court. It seems I have urgent business to take care of.” Eon nodded to us before departing. I watched his back, feeling Talon’s fingers run gently down my spine .

“Now! We should get to your actual lesson! Talon could you create a target?” Talon hesitated for a moment before he stepped away from me. He flicked his wrist to create an octagonal shadow target that appeared in the corner of the room.

“Perfect. Kalian, slice through it.” I took a breath and focused on the target, cracking my fingers before moving my hand in a curve. Light slashed out and I shook my hands. The target was still intact, giving no indication that I’d even hit it. I turned to Tyren who nodded, motioning for me to try again.

I glanced at Talon who grinned at me, “That was cute Sunshine. Barely felt it.” I gave him a dirty look before taking a deep breath, bringing both hands up this time and throwing them forward. I watched a ring of light move out and immediately dissipate as it hit Talon’s shadow. I frowned, quickly throwing another and then dropping my hands as the same thing happened.

“Interesting.” Tyren mumbled. He strolled over to the dark shape and my eyes widened as he reached out. His hand disappeared into it. I stared in amazement and Tyren pulled his hand back as if he’d been burned.

“Things…can go into your shadows?” Tyren’s yellow eyes searched Talon’s face.

Talon waved and the shape vanished, “Yes. Things, people, and I can go in, but it’s easy to get lost if you’re not me.” Tyren looked down at his hand and seemed lost in thought for a moment.

“Fascinating. Kalian again.” Talon sat on one of the desks, his finger moving in a ‘C’ shape. The octagon appeared again and I glared at it. I took a deep breath, pulling energy from my surroundings before my hands moved in a wave through the air. Light launched at my target and I grit my teeth as I circled my hands again, sending two more bursts of pure Magik at the shape. Grimacing I shook out my hand, my dominant one sending yet another ring of energy. I panted softly, watching as all my efforts hit home one after the other. Talon gripped the edge of the desk as he was forced forward a bit. The last bit of light created a crack in the middle of the shadow, and I frowned. I’d given it my all and I still wasn’t able to break through.

“Good!” Tyren clapped once, his fingers tracing the crack.

“I didn’t do it. How is that good?”

“No one’s ever been able to do that. Ever.” Talon said and I looked at him, blushing at his grin, his gaze heated.

“See! Even things you may not see as progress are just that! Talon has years of practice on you and your raw power still manages to rival his.”

“Thanks.” Talon chuckled softly, his fingers flexing. I watched the target try to reform, but the edges shifted restlessly, avoiding where my light had hit. I looked at Talon before he could clear the surprise from his face. He waved his hand and when I looked back the octagon was gone. He raised an eyebrow at me and I was giddy with my small moment of triumph.

“Now, we should go over the reading!” I groaned, taking my seat, and opening my book. I tried to drag my thoughts away from where my light had burned through Talon’s shadow. Maybe I wasn’t as weak as I originally thought.

                                                                                                *

 

“More! Faster!” I winced as the sharp stone blade sliced through my hip. I blocked Athel’s next attack clumsily, narrowly avoiding a kick to my ribs. Talon sat to the side, his eyes following our movements with little emotion on his face. Athel yelled at me again as her blade caught my forearm. I gasped at the bright pain and bobbed out of her range. It didn’t matter, she was on me in an instant, kicking and stabbing.

“You can’t stay on the defensive the entire fight.” Talon called when Athel and I had separated for a moment. She nodded in agreement, flicking my blood off her weapons.

“Yes. You caught me. I’m choosing to focus on my defense. I’m not simply getting my ass kicked.” Athel sighed and walked to where Talon was sitting.

She plopped down next to him and pointed at me, “You. Take over. I lost patience.” I blinked and Talon smirked at me as he rose slowly.

“No. No way. He’s way bigger than me. I can’t beat him!” I whined.

“In all fairness, Sunshine, she’s smaller than you and you couldn’t beat her either.” I glared at him and watched him roll his shoulders before cracking his neck. He slid into a stance and I watched Athel nod approvingly.

“No Magik. Just fists.” She supplied, “And remember this is teaching not sparring. No wrecking the boy.”

“This is not the way I enjoy wrecking him.” I rubbed my nose as heat filled my cheeks. I shook off the affect he had on me and sunk into my stance. I raised my hands to defend my face and jerked in surprise as Talon tapped the back of my neck. I hadn’t even seen him move behind me.

“That could have gotten you killed. Pay attention. Get out of that pretty head of yours.” I could hear the grin in his voice. I whirled with my fist and Talon danced out of my reach.

He was grinning and I heard Athel scoff, “Watch back. He bigger. You should have speed.” I highly doubted that as Talon lunged.

I managed to step away, but he followed. His fingers pressed into my chest where my heart was, “Dead.” I dropped and circled my leg, trying to take his legs out from under him. He jumped and his palm hit my side. I knew he was pulling his punches, but it still took my breath away.

“You wouldn’t have died there, but it would have fucking hurt.” His constant commentary was making me angry and I jumped back, out of his considerable arm reach. We circled each other, my head running through what I knew. Talon was stronger than me, had a greater reach, and he was faster even though he was bigger than I was. That came from training and practice. He was more comfortable in his body. Every movement was smooth and graceful. I would have to go about this in a different way than I did with Athel.

“Paying attention?” I dodged at the last second, feeling his fingertips run over my forehead, “If I had a weapon, you’d be bleeding now. The blood would run into your eyes, making everything harder. Limited vision would alter every aspect of how you fight.” I nodded, realizing that he wasn’t taunting me for the fun of it. He was laying out how an actual fight might go. I sunk back into my stance, jerking my head out of his reach as his fingers jabbed at my face.

“Better Sunshine!” He spun around me quickly as lightning, but this time I was ready. I whirled and braced myself, my forearms catching his leg as he tried to kick my side. I shoved his leg hard, throwing him off balance for a second. It was long enough for me to drop down again, dampening his attack as my kick connected with his shin. I watched him wince and then his fingers gripped my neck lightly.

He squeezed the sides gently, his breath on my lips, “you’re getting better. I wouldn’t recommend getting this close to someone who’s more skilled than you, beautiful. That kick was well placed, but not extraordinarily strong. If you don’t think you can take someone completely off their feet, it’s risky.” He smirked at me and then released my neck. I fell the short distance to the ground, landing on my backside. He stood up and brushed off his pants. Athel was on her feet, tutting in disapproval.

“You lucky. There would be blood if you spar with me. Your man took it easy on you.” I blushed at her choice of words and Athel scowled at me, “You hear what he say? Good advice. Too distracted by his looks weren’t you?”

I swallowed and avoided looking at Talon, my eyes focusing on her instead, “I heard him.”

“You leave yourself open. You need to work on protecting yourself in a fight.” Talon said, cracking his knuckles.

“Correct. You new to this. No excuse. You must learn quick if you want to catch up.” Athel threw me a towel and I wiped the sweat from my brow. I noticed blood drying on my forearm and I sighed.

“What should I do if someone is so much taller with a much farther reach?” I asked, looking between the two of them.

“It depends. You can either get in close, move under their punches and attack their body. With that you need to get in and get out, though. You don’t want to be close when they get their bearings.” Talon said, pushing his hair behind his ear.

“Also, take to ground.” Athel added, “on ground, reach don’t matter. We haven’t done any grappling yet.”

“He’s naturally good at grappling.” Talon chuckled. Athel shook her head and scowled at him, but I saw the humor in her eyes.

“So, I can either get in close or try and take them down?”

“Those would be your best options if you were a normal fighter. You are not, however, a normal fighter. We have Magik and it acts as another weapon in your arsenal. It doesn’t matter if you have less of a reach when you shoot sunshine from your hands.” Talon rubbed the back of his head, “It may be a good plan to practice with a weapon with reach, though.”

“True. Weapons you make from your light have little range. We need at least sword of some kind. You want to get a big opponent away from you until you want close.”

                                                                               

*

 

“I wish you wouldn’t have taken it easy on me. I can take it. I’m not helpless.” I said, narrowing my eyes at Talon seated next to me in the carriage. Eon was leaning against the vehicle’s walls, struggling to keep his eyes open.

“I would rather not give you bruises and break your ribs again.” Talon sighed, looking down at me.

“You don’t seem to mind leaving bruises over my chest and neck with your mouth and teeth.”

“You’re welcome. I’ve never heard you complain when it’s happening.” He grinned at me, his fingers lightly caressing my cheek.

“Also, what were you thinking? Getting that close to me out in the open? Anyone could have seen it!”

“I didn’t do anything.” He argued, an eyebrow raising.

“You were so close you could have kissed me.” I countered, “For a moment I thought you were going to.”

“I had thought about it. Don’t get me wrong. It would’ve created more complications for us, and I think we have enough of those.” He linked his fingers with mine and pulled me closer as the carriage rolled over the cobblestone road. I was partially in his lap now and I bit my lip. His eyes ran over my mouth and I felt butterflies slamming around in my stomach.

“I don’t care what you do behind closed doors, but I do not need to see you go at it when you’re just two feet away. I hear enough of it.” Eon murmured, rubbing his temples. Talon released me and I adjusted myself back on the seat.

“Is your head hurting again Eon?” He nodded and squeezed his eyes closed, grimacing in pain.

“I may be able to concoct something that could help with that.” Talon said quietly.

“I don’t know how I feel about your spells and weird powders Verloren.”

As you wish. I was trying to score points with your brother.” Eon laughed softly, smiling at Talon. I tried to ignore the pain clouding his blue eyes. I took in his hair that got more unruly by the day and the stubble on his face. I couldn’t remember Eon’s hair not being cut close to his scalp, his face clean shaven. The head injury seemed to have changed his priorities.

“I don’t want to hear the words ‘score’ and ‘brother’ in the same sentence from you.” Eon chuckled.

“That’s fine. Not like you don’t hear me score with your brother every night.” Talon grinned, mischievously.

“Talon!” I exclaimed, my face and ears were bright red.

Eon grimaced, “Well if I didn’t feel nauseous before, I do now. We might have to pull over so I can vomit.” I rolled my eyes as they continued to tease each other. I secured the carriage’s curtains out of the way. We’d been at the palace so long that the sun was retreating from the sky. The air had a crisp chill as evening fell. The breeze felt nice on my face and my thoughts turned to our plans for the court. I wasn’t sure if swaying the king would be possible. Lex was turning out to be far worse than I imagined. Maybe he was already ahead on this as well. Could he have managed to bridge the gap between the royals? I rested my chin against the carriage, the light breeze ruffling my hair. I felt fingers slip into mine and a thumb rubbed gently over the back of my hand. When I finally turned, grey eyes were looking out the window over my head. Talon looked at me, his hand bringing my fingers to his lips. He kissed them and pulled me onto his lap. Eon was tucked into the corner, his battle against sleep lost a few minutes ago. I sat sideways, resting my cheek against his shoulder as his arms wrapped around me. He leaned his head against mine and I ran my fingers over his chest.

“What are we going to do if this doesn’t work?” I mumbled against his chest.

“Find another way.”

“How can you be so sure of yourself?”

He tipped my chin up gently, his other hand rubbing my hip, “We have to. He’s not taking you. He can try if he wants but I’ve decided you belong with me. He’s going to have to get over it.”

“What if we can’t turn the king against him?” I murmured as his lips pressed to mine gently.

“Mm…I could always kill him? Lex that is. Regicide will have to wait until a different day.”

I giggled softly, “Yes, I’m sure it wouldn’t take much convincing for you to go after Lex.”

His fingers touched my lips softly, “I wanted to rip off his head when he kissed you.”

“As easy as it would be for you to slice his head off-“

“No, darling, not slice. That’s too good for him. I want him to suffer.” I shuddered at his tone of voice, his touch tracing my jawline.

“Don’t let him turn you into a person you’re not.”

“How do you know that I’m not that person? I’m particularly good at killing people. It is part of my job after all. Making them suffer is a perk sometimes.”

I rested my hands on either side of his head, shifting so I straddled him, “You can try to act all tough and dangerous, but I see through it.” I kissed him softly, only deepening it when he pulled me closer. His hands slipped down to squeeze my backside. I shyly ran my tongue over his lower lip, rocking my hips gently against his as his tongue met mine. His hand shifted into my pants, a finger rubbing at my entrance. I broke the kiss, glancing over my shoulder at where Eon snoozed. I bit my lip as his finger slid into me, my hands moving down to clutch his top.

“We can’t do this with Eon in here!” I whispered frantically as that finger hooked a bit inside me. I gasped and Talon’s free hand covered my mouth. He smirked at me as another finger joined the first. My back arched and I whimpered into his hand as his hips ground against mine.

He leaned up, running his tongue over the shell of my ear, “You can stop me if you want to.” I closed my eyes as his fingers hit that spot inside me, his hand muffling my moan. Two could play at this game. I tugged gently at his pants until I was able to free him. I opened my eyes and met his as I wrapped my fingers around him, stroking slowly. His fingers slid deeper and I let my head fall back. I heard his breath pick up as my thumb rubbed over his tip. My mind tried to convince me that if I removed our pants and impaled myself on Talon, he’d be able to help muffle my noises. Talon could take me right here and we wouldn’t wake Eon. He shuddered under me as I ran my fingers over his balls, cupping them.

“This isn’t going to work.” I whimpered softly as his fingers slid out of me. I watched, pouting as he tucked himself back into his pants.

Why?” I asked, trying to keep the whine out of my voice.

I think you felt for yourself that I want it.” Talon groaned softly as I rocked my hips against his again. He plopped me on the seat next to him.

“We don’t have enough time. We’re almost there.” Only a minute later, the carriage jerked over a hard bump and Eon startled awake. He was groggy, rubbing his eyes as I squeezed my legs together, hoping he wouldn’t notice just how aroused I was. He mumbled about the roads being shit but stayed quiet the rest of the short ride home. Talon opened the door and hopped out, holding a hand out to me. I took it and tried to ignore the look in his eyes as he helped me down. Eon followed, looking between the two of us suspiciously.

“I’ll come with you to class tomorrow. I think we may actually have a shot at this new plan. Seems that the king is notorious for withdrawing his favor from those who he thinks are getting too close to the queen.” I watched Eon walk away after he spoke. He was rubbing his head where the wound still healed. I realized my hand was still in Talon’s. I started toward my room, but he tugged me in through our courtyard. Then through a set of doors to the communal bathroom. I watched, lightly running my fingers over my lower stomach as he pulled his tunic over his head. I bit my lip as he stripped off his pants. My hand had slipped lower and I palmed myself as I watched him step into one of the tubs built into the ground.

“Come here Kalian.” I scurried after him, shedding clothes as I went. I stepped carefully into the water, sighing at the warmth. He sat against the wall, leaning back against it, his legs stretched out. I trailed my fingers over his legs and then up his thighs. I lowered myself to straddle him, feeling how hard he was against me. Grey eyes were tinged darker with black as his hands ran over every part of me. I rested my face in his neck, moaning as a finger entered me. A second one joined the first and I kissed him hard, wrapping my arms around his neck. Our bodies shifted against each other under the water and he lifted me. I cried out as he pushed in and my hands tightened on his shoulders. His hands guided me as I rode him. I lost all coherent thought and for a while, I forgot how bad everything was.

I just enjoyed how good it felt to be with Talon.

Sorry this took so long.

Hope you enjoy it 🖤
Copyright © 2020 Demiurge; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 24
  • Love 25
  • Fingers Crossed 1
  • Angry 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Let's hope Kalian finds the full extent of his powers at the engagement party, remember he can still end the engagement if he leaves his family!

Malevolent  Malex needs to suffer!

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator
3 hours ago, drsawzall said:

Let's hope Kalian finds the full extent of his powers at the engagement party, remember he can still end the engagement if he leaves his family!

Malevolent  Malex needs to suffer!

Maybe the King needs to believe Lex only wants Kalian so he can take the throne for himself. If anything would nix the engagement, it would certainly raise enough doubt especially with Lex meeting with the Queen.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Well, twatface is back and dumber than ever. Good good, more fun for me later.

 

"He tipped my chin up gently, his other hand rubbing my hip, “We have to. He’s not taking you. He can try if he wants but I’ve decided you belong with me. He’s going to have to get over it.”

See twatface? That right there  "you belong WITH me". That's why you've lost. You covet what is not yours and to make matters worse, you seek to own, not partner with.

Bad twatface, no happily ever after for you. Go kneel in the corner and reflect on yourself.

 

And you Mr Writer, I'm fine with the whole raw thing, condoms probably haven't been invented yet, but communal bath water up the jacksie? That's such a hard no it is a red.

Yuck.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..