Jump to content
    Demiurge
  • Author
  • 6,833 Words
  • 3,306 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Awaken - 19. The Queen

div class="ipsSpoiler" data-ipsspoiler="">
Spoiler
*Explicit Content*

I wasn’t sure that Talon would ever become a morning person. He sat across from me in the carriage. His hair was covering his face as he avoided the sunlight peeking in through the draped fabric over the windows. I didn’t know when he fell asleep every night, but he had dark circles smudged under his eyes. His knees bumped lightly against mine as we rode along and he seemed lost in thought. He had been mute for the whole ride and I tried not to read too much into that as I skimmed through a couple more pages of my fundamentals book. I jumped when his fingers rested on my knee. They traveled a bit farther up, squeezing my thigh through the thin, white, linen pants I wore. I looked up at him and his fingers slid back down, his thumb rubbing circles against the side of my knee.

“You look nervous,” I said softly, closing my book around a finger so I wouldn’t lose my place.

“I’m not excited about being at court. There’s a reason my role has never involved that.”

“How did you come to be in the Verseckt? Especially after what happened to your sister?”

“My family was never meant to be killed that day. The soldiers weren’t given orders like that. The king was furious. He didn’t care that I was the only one left. No, all he cared about was that instead of four powerful Magik users he now had only one. Or two, if Lyrah is still out there. Not a good return on his investment.” I rested my hand on top of his, my mind straying to the little girl I had seen in my dreams. I wondered what she would look like now. She had been a toddler and would now be a teen. Would she look like Talon? Or maybe she looked like the white haired woman I’d seen in his dream? Beautiful but covered in gore. Obviously, I hoped if we met Talon’s sister, she wasn’t covered in gore. Talon might not even recognize her if we came across her.

“The king wanted me at the school, but I refused. He tried asking, he tried forcing, and then he bargained. He would leave me alone until a certain age and then I would be expected to report to the school and would officially be in his service when I graduated. Take a guess what age we agreed upon?”

I tilted my head and thought quietly, “12?”

“Yes. I suppose it was lucky for me that your brother and Lex decided to try and ruin my life that year.”

“Eon said jealousy was the main reason for what he did. I suppose I’m similar in that way. It’s not very often that the king favors someone, wants them in his school, and then goes about enrolling them himself.” I had read about the testing to get into the king’s school last night. Lords and ladies could bring their children to court to be tested once a year and if they passed, they would be enrolled. The king also had a group that went from town to town to test children. It didn’t go into detail about who was in this group or how they were chosen, but I assumed it may be the teachers themselves. Either way, it was a long, drawn-out, expensive process.
My book had advised that the king spent exorbitant amounts of money on the town-to-town testing and more than once his advisors had suggested an end be put to them. The book had claimed that the king was so dedicated to the nurturing of young minds and the protection of his people that he stood by the expense. I was beginning to realize that,
in some areas, my book was nothing more than propaganda for the king. I could only guess at the books Tyren, or even Talon would have chosen for me had the curriculum not been decided by the king himself. The school was relatively new, only existing for about 50 years. It had started with the current king’s father. The present king, Lucianus III had greatly expanded it and added the combat grounds. Athel was also a recent addition. She was the very first combat and weapons master and had been at it 10 years.

“It wasn’t about favor. It’s always been about his greed. He’s used to getting what he wants. Always.”

Have you…ever asked what they did with your sister?”

Yes, but I stopped asking after a while.”

“Why?”

Talon pulled his hand from mine, twisting his ring on his finger, “I told you he tried to force me.” He looked up at me, a small smile on his face, “You’ve seen my back. He wasn’t fond of any conversation that didn’t involve me doing what he wanted.”

“The king did that to you?!” I could barely contain my fury. How could someone hurt a child like that? Then again, perhaps I was giving him too much credit. He hadn’t seen Talon and his family as people, simply additional pawns, objects that belonged to him.

“Well, his soldiers did. Some of it. The rest is from the Verseckt training.”

“How is whipping you, or whatever they did, considered training?

Talon traced the triangles on his ring, chuckling, “They had to prepare us for the very real possibility that we could get captured. Can’t have people giving up the country’s secrets. Especially when we have more information than most. They even water boarded us for giggles.”

“The Verseckt training sounds like torture Talon.”

“Only the best parts Sunshine.”

                                                                                *

Tyren lounged across his desk, his leg bent as he twirled his hands lazily in circles. A metal bird the size of my torso glided through the air, its copper wings spreading and glinting in the sunlight. It swooped over my head as I stepped into the room, Talon following close behind. It veered away at the last moment, soaring over the classroom and landing on a metal stand. It shuddered and then stopped moving altogether.

“Beautiful,” I commented, my eyes still on its feathered copper wings. Talon slid past me, his hands holding my hips for a moment before hopping up on one of the desks. I set my bag on the other as Tyren slowly sat up. He wore cream-colored pants that shifted into light shades of pink from his thighs to his ankles, the hems a dark rose color. An open, cream-colored vest covered his top half. Several thin gold chains hung to the center of his chest. The gold offset the richness of his skin and I almost dropped my book as I stared. When I looked up, Talon’s grey eyes found mine and he raised one of his brows slowly, his thumb brushing over his nose, the hoops on the side clinking softly.

I refocused myself, setting my books aside, “Lord Kalian, are you still planning on attending your audience?”

“Of course,” I mumbled, scratching the back of my head.

“Is that what you’re wearing?” Tyren looked me up and down, frowning. I wore a pale-yellow tunic that had holes at the shoulders, leaving them bare, and had a deep ‘V’ cut neckline. I had forced Talon to fix the small marks he’d left all over my chest and neck, so my sunkissed skin was perfect for the meeting with her highness.

“The queen loves beauty and that you are, obviously, but I think an enhancement will help. Yes, I think that’s exactly what you need.” Tyren slid off his desk and went through a dark green door at the very back of the room that I’d never noticed before. He came back and smiled at me, “I’ve called the palace and they’ll be sending Potlyne over right away.”

“Who’s that? I asked as he set what looked like rocks in front of me.

“She’s a Magik user who can manipulate many fabrics and textiles. Then she dyes them in colors so beautiful you won’t believe it. While we wait, I’d like to get some work done. Tell me what you thought of the reading.”

“Who is in this group that travels around testing children to see if they’re worthy of the school?”

“It’s made up of some of the teachers and members of the court. They only travel in the months that the school is on break. Call it a recruitment period.”

“Are you in it?”

“We take turns. This year I am not. Master Meteo and Master Chirurgie were the lucky ones. They are the teachers in charge of the students with elemental gifts, and the body manipulators respectively.”

“It’s just to pad the army isn’t it?”

Tyren’s yellow eyes were amused and Talon chuckled softly, “Well, my lord, it seems you are starting to understand our monarch.”

“My parents never told me any of this.”

“Is there anything they did tell you?” Talon asked with irritation in his voice.

“The money he spends on this, the people need it don’t they?” I asked quietly ignoring Talon’s jab.

Tyren let out a sigh, “There is a lot the people need and are not given. Count yourself lucky Lord Kalian, that you have never had to work to survive. Sometimes even working is not enough to ensure your family has food on the table.”

“Why are we going to war in other countries then?”

“Why indeed.” For the next hour, Tyren quizzed me on what I had read. Talon wandered around the room tinkering with things, boredom clear on his handsome face.

“Well, isn’t this a room of good-looking men!” We all turned towards the high, cheerful voice. A short woman with a head full of blonde curls hauled a huge box on wheels behind her up the spiral staircase. Talon took it from her when she seemed to be struggling, easily lifting it off the ground and setting it next to her. She beamed at him and I almost dissolved into giggles when Talon’s cheekbones dusted pink. She was in her 60’s, plump with flushed cheeks. Her skin was very fair, and the bridge of her nose was dusted with freckles. I could imagine her being absolutely breathtaking when she was our age. She wore a light blue dress with purple rings sewn into the large bell sleeves.

“Well, Potlyne, you surely made it here fast.”

“I do my best, you know. You are so gorgeous!” I couldn’t stop myself from laughing as she stood on her tiptoes to grip Talon’s cheeks, dragging him down to her level so she could get a better look at him. He had to lean down for her to even reach his face and he was bent awkwardly now. He looked sideways at me and I giggled again as all his practiced charm and confidence flew out the window under her personality. She let him go, her eyes traveling over his clothing.

“Potlyne, you’re here for the young lord.” Tyren motioned to me.

“I will get to that one in a moment, but this is too fine a canvas to be ignored.” Talon’s cheeks were tinted red now and I bit my lip as I found myself attracted to this unsure version of him. She threw her hands wide and fabrics meandered out of the box she had dragged into the room. It was a large rectangle with doors of different sizes on the front. The fabric came out of the largest drawers on the very bottom. Her hands moved quickly and I turned myself to better watch. She smacked under his arms until he raised them straight out and I watched as the different materials swirled around his arms, torso, and legs. As her fabric covered him, the clothes he’d been wearing fell to the ground in strips. Her hand raised higher and a black lace ribbon popped out of a smaller drawer and joined the fray. A few minutes later she dusted her hands off and stood back.

“Well, what do we think?” Tyren and I both stared for a long moment. Talon wore fitted black pants that clung to the muscles in his legs. On top, he wore a sheer black undershirt with a charcoal gray vest with blood red buttons. The sleeves of the shirt and the lapels of the vest were done in the black lace she had pulled last. The neckline of his undershirt went to mid-chest and had the lace border. Tyren was saying something to her, but I was mesmerized. I couldn’t take my eyes off him and of course he noticed right away. His power prodded at the edges of my senses and I watched his jaw clench as I’m sure he was hit by the wave of lust rolling off my thoughts.

I didn’t have much more time to gawk as her hands were suddenly on my cheeks. She had a kind face and I returned her smile as she looked me up and down, “Just stunning! So beautiful!” She stepped back and I almost shied away as I realized it was my turn. She mumbled something about my skin being a wonderful color and I lifted my arms before she could smack them. It was my turn now, and my head spun as fabric after fabric flew at me. It seemed like she worked for a long while and then just as suddenly as it had begun, she was finished. She moved away and I heard Talon’s sharp intake of breath. I wore lightweight pants that seemed to fit me like a glove in slinky light gray fabric. A tight-fitting silver tunic clung to my torso, the sleeves only coming partway down my forearm. The fabric shone in the sun, appearing to reflect it. The neckline was round and so wide the soft fabric barely held onto my shoulders, my collarbone on full display. The sleeves and neckline were stitched with beautiful gold, threaded into an intricate weaving pattern. She tutted quietly to herself before pulling my head down to her. Her fingers pulled and twisted my hair and then she seemed pleased enough with herself. I watched Potlyne rummage around in one of her drawers before producing a mirror. She held it up and I barely recognized myself. My skin now had a healthy glow from the use of my Magik that offset the light lilac color in my eyes. My copper hair shone like the wings of Tyren’s metal bird. Potlyne had pulled my hair away from my face in a twisted half-up style. Braids extended from my temples back into the small bun that sat on the back of my head.

“T-thank you,” I mumbled, looking at her. I barely held back tears as I felt them well up. I had never felt more confident in my appearance and she smiled happily up at me.

“My pleasure, darling. I haven’t had the chance to work on such subjects in quite some time. It was truly my pleasure.” As I stared at my reflection in the mirror, Tyren took one of the rocks he’d set on the table earlier. He held it between his hands and I watched as it started glowing. It shifted outwards, reaching in every direction before a recognizable shape took form. Links connected to each other and then he held a thick silver chain necklace in his hands. He handed it to Talon whose eyes were glued on me.

“I’ll see you off,” Tyren mumbled, his eyes trailing over me and then Talon as he took Potlyne’s elbow, guiding her out of the room and down the stairs. The footsteps faded down the metal staircase and then I was swept off my feet. My butt landed on my desk. Talon’s hand cupped the back of my head and I moaned into his harsh kiss. I gripped at his sheer shirt, my fingers sliding over the butter-soft fabric. His mouth had already moved to my neck and I tangled my fingers in his hair.

“You can’t mark me. You fixed them only this morning.”

“Mm I understand. No marking.” He flipped me over and his foot kicked my feet apart, his erection pressed firmly against my backside.

“Talon we can’t.” I whimpered, “Talon.” The connection still open, I gulped as visions of what he wanted to do to me filled my mind. I moaned, my hips squirming against the table, trying to hold onto my feeble protests. He took a deep breath and stepped back. I stayed still for a moment, bent over the table, as I tried to calm myself down. He closed off the connection and I pushed myself up to stand. We were both panting softly and I willed the tightness in my pants to subside. His heated gaze ran over my body and he swallowed hard, looking away from me. Fortunately, the little bit of time it took Tyren to help Potlyne out had been enough for us to get control of ourselves again.

“Your audience is only a half-hour away. Shall we go?” Tyren asked, coming up the stairs. I tried to ignore his knowing look as I ran my hands down my tunic, straightening it out.

I nodded, grabbing my things before I walked past Talon. He gently caught my wrist and I felt his lips close to my ear, “It’s a pity she spent so much time on that outfit. By the end of the day I’ll have it ripped off you and I won’t be surprised if all of Syrin hears you scream my name.” I gasped softly and he stepped behind me, draping the necklace around my neck. The cool metal hit my skin and I shuddered. Talon let me go, moving around me as I stood frozen in place. He followed Tyren as if nothing had happened. He left like he hadn’t said something that made it hard to breathe. I scurried after them once they left my view, my hands still shaking.

                                                                                                                                            *

We made our way through the halls, the time of my appointment fast approaching. Once we had reached the great hall we had continued through a set of large wooden doors to the right of the King and Queen’s dais. Tyren marched us forward, barely giving me enough time to take in my surroundings. We entered a long, marble hallway. Countless pictures of regal-looking women lined the walls and I realized these must be the queens of the past. They looked down their noses in their portraits, wearing extravagant dresses, their hair piled into outrageous fashions. I saw the current queen, Audriane, her hair was a rich chocolate brown in her picture and I wondered when it had started to go grey. The painter had somehow managed to capture the sharp intelligence in her eyes that I had seen at court only a few days ago.

“Now, when we get in there, you’ll both need to kneel and bow your heads. Don’t look up until she speaks to you. When she does, try not to stare. Don’t talk out of turn and if she asks you a question, answer immediately. Talon, unless addressed specifically, I don’t think you should speak at all. Nor should I. Kalian this will be your battle to fight.” I gulped and nodded, still trying to figure out how I would achieve what was expected of me. Talon had been silent since we left the classroom. I had a feeling he had no problem staying that way whilst we spoke with the queen.

“Who goes there?” asked the man standing in front of blue doors with top to bottom gold scrollwork. Even the doorknobs were gold in color. The man who had spoken was dressed in the palace’s green with black piping uniform. I was getting sick of seeing it everywhere. He also wore the helmet that shadowed his whole face.

“Lord Kalian Alauis. He has an audience with Her Majesty that you are going to make us late for.” Tyren’s voice was cold and angry. I had never heard him sound this way. The man bristled and rushed to open the door, getting out of our way. Tyren charged confidently ahead and I tried to do the same. Talon followed more slowly behind me. I noticed his eyes pausing on the guard. We were hustled into a small sitting room by a few ladies in simple dresses with aprons and floppy hats. Tyren and Talon slid to kneeling positions gracefully. I followed their lead without any grace, practically falling onto my knee. It took every ounce of my self restraint to hide my wince as pain jolted through my knee cap.

“Right on time. I’m almost insulted you didn’t think this important enough to be early.” I winced and lifted my gaze to where the voice had come from. The queen sat on a chaise lounge. She wore an elegant blue and gold dress, her skirts large and flowing. Her hair was pinned up in an elaborate updo, the jewels in her crown gleaming. Her brown eyes took all three of us in and I noticed them rake over Talon a second time.

“I-I apologize your majesty. I left my lesson later than I shoulder have.” I heard a soft sigh next to me from Tyren. I found out the reason for it immediately.

“I have no time for silly excuses. What’s the reason you requested an audience, young Alauis?”

“I had hoped to talk with you about my engagement.”

“To Captain Nainde? What of it?” She adjusted her skirts, looking down her nose, her gaze reminding me of the portraits in the hallway.

“I didn’t have any say in the matter.” I was trying to pick my words carefully, but I could barely string words into sentences. My nerves were frazzled and I had no idea what I was saying. Everything I had planned to say had flown right out the window when I entered the room.

“What is the point, child?” She sounded bored and I watched her eyes drift back to Talon, “You, Verloren. Why are you here with the boy?”

I glanced to Talon as he looked up at her, “I was his teacher. I have a vested interest in him.”

“You were his teacher. Past tense. You must be dedicated to have followed him all the way here. We were told your group was even attacked by barbarians from Dleth. Correct me if I’m wrong, but are you not of Dleth?”

“My family was. I came here when I was five, your majesty. Your husband brought me here.”

“Oh, yes. Now I remember. His little charity projects. The refugees from Dleth. Pity about your family.”

Talon’s jaw clenched and I noticed anger flash across his eyes. He shook it off and gave her a brilliant smile that didn’t reach his eyes, “Your majesty’s memory is impeccable.”

She stared at him before slowly smiling, “You flatter me. Stand. Approach.” Talon pushed himself to his feet and I knew I was rapidly losing control of this meeting. Talon stopped a few feet away from the queen, his back to me. She stood, trailing her fingers over his jaw. I looked away, my own anger blooming. She was supposed to be the kind one. If this was kind, I was not looking forward to ever talking to the king. I looked back in time to see her pull his chin down, forcing him to look at her.

“I ask again. Why are you here with the boy, Talon Verloren?”

“For support. It seems that…he doesn’t have many allies at court.”

“Is that why you’re here Lord Alauis? For support? Allies? What would you have of me?” She looked around Talon, her eyes boring into me.

“I want to withdraw from my engagement. I don’t want to marry Mallex.”

“Finally!” She shooed Talon away and he walked back, his eyes dipping down to me. He had a smile on his face, but anger radiated off him. I tried my best to soothe him over our connection, but I knew it was failing as he lowered himself back to kneel next to me.

“I wish you would’ve opened with that. I will do no such thing. I have more important things than getting involved in the affairs of one of my husband’s captains. There are talks of him joining the Oben. There are few who would turn down marriage to a man rising so quickly up the ranks. He will have the means to give you an exceptionally good life. What or who is your reason for not wanting to go through with the wedding?” When she said who, her eyes flicked to a still simmering Talon.

“He’s not…a suitable match.”

“Yes, but why? You simply don’t feel like it? You bring shame to your family.” Talon’s head jerked up and his mouth opened, but Tyren spoke faster.

“My queen, we seem to be wasting your time. Let us end this. Your time is unbelievably valuable and I am positive the Lord appreciates your meeting with him. Let us excuse ourselves.” My hands were shaking and I heard words starting to come out of my mouth. Tyren rose, dragging me along with him and silencing my protests. I heard Talon following and cast one last glance over my shoulder before the guard closed the doors. The queen met my eyes, lifting her chin in a challenge.

“Well, I can safely say that I have never failed so spectacularly.” I groaned, dragging my fingers through my hair. “She barely let me get any words in. She was more interested in Talon.”

“You didn’t use the correct words. Either way, I don’t believe she would’ve helped us. She seemed on the offensive as soon as we entered.” Tyren sighed as we walked back through the queen’s hallways. Talon was again quiet, his walls back up and his face blank.

“What do I do now?”

“We regroup and replan. The queen is clearly not the correct play here.” We had made it back to the great hall and we followed Tyren out the side doors that lead from the palace to the school grounds.

“Fear not, my lord, we will find a way. I must get back. I have other students. I will inform Athel that you are done for the day.”

                                                                                *

“It went that well, huh?” Eon asked, sitting across from me on a couch. We were in my bedroom and I had run over the day’s events with Eon. He leaned forward, his elbows on his knees as he rested his chin against his fist.

“Yes. It was terrible.” I let my head fall into my hands and closed my eyes. What was I going to do? I had blown my one chance.

“Let’s not completely give up. If Tyren thinks there’s still hope, then there is. We’ll get there Kalian. The queen, Mallex, just more obstacles. Obstacles can be overcome. Pay attention to your studies and your training with your teachers.”

“The party is only days away and we’re not any closer to a solution!” I whined, kicking the short table that sat in front of me. Eon raised an eyebrow and ran his fingers over the stubble on his chin. He still hadn’t shaved his head and with the addition of the facial hair, he was starting to no longer look like my brother.

“Explain to me, little brother, what throwing a fit will help with? All of this is a game. That’s all the court is. One big game that everyone is playing to get a shred of influence in the kingdom.”

“A shred is a good way to put it. You’re not actually powerful. One wrong move and you fall out of favor. One wrong remark and you disappear.” Talon crossed his arms, stretching his long legs out on the table. This was the first time he’d said anything since our conversation with the queen.

“Disappear?” I asked nervously.

Talon stared straight ahead, “Disagreeing with royalty is not a good idea. I’ll leave it at that.”

“Do you think the king would let you separate yourself?” Eon asked, his blue eyes curiously looking over Talon.

“I have no idea Eon. I have no answers for any of this! What would I even say to him?”

“Relax. Completely losing your cool isn’t going to help the situation. I know that much.”

“Eon, you’re the only one in the room that’s been to court on a consistent basis. Is there something you could do or tell me to navigate it better?”

“I’ll help with what I can, but I’m still not at 100 percent. I wouldn’t want them to see us as weak. Since the queen is out, we should focus on the king. If we separate you from the family, father’s decision will be null and void. You would have to make a decision like that for yourself.”

“Okay,” I mumbled, rubbing my arm.

Eon stood, “Let me think some more. Maybe there’s someone in court that I still have some pull with.” I watched Eon leave the room. I frowned and ran my fingers over the pants Potlyne had made for me, smoothing the soft fabric. Talon’s head fell back on the couch, his eyes staring up at the ceiling. I scooted closer to him, resting my hand on top of his. He didn’t look at me but linked our fingers.

At least she seemed to like you.

“Of course. Everyone does.” He smiled down at me, but it had none of his normal humor or sarcasm. I didn’t like it when he lost those.

“You were angry. I don’t know if I’ve ever felt that much anger from you.”

“I didn’t like what she said to you.”

“Awe, did you want to defend my honor?” I giggled softly, sliding across the distance between us. I straddled his lap, tugging at the lace lapels on his vest. Potlyne really had outdone herself with his outfit. His hands ran up and down my legs slowly. I rested my forehead against his, moving my hands up to rub his shoulders.

“This is new.” He mumbled, pecking my lips.

“What is?” I asked, kneading his tense muscles.

“Where do you want me to start? The jealousy, the irrationality, the overwhelming urge to commit treason so a monarch will stop being mean to you?”

“I think that one might fit in irrationality.” I laughed softly.

“It gets its own category. I debated for a long minute how close I’d need to be to remove her head from her shoulders. There’s nothing like murder in the early afternoon.”

“It’s now late afternoon Master Verloren. I believe you made me a promise earlier?” His eyes raked over my chest and then lower as if he were seeing me again for the first time since we’d left Tyren’s classroom.

“Hmm, did I?” He tilted his head to the side, giving me a mischievous grin.

I linked my fingers behind his neck and leaned back, “It’s fine if you don’t remember. I get it. All talk, no action.”

One of his eyebrows rose, his hand slipping slowly up my chest. I bit my lip as he held my chin, his thumb running over my lower lip. His hand dropped to my neck. I gasped softly as he gripped it, tight enough to cut off my air a bit. He pulled me forward, brushing his lips over mine, “When, Kalian, have I ever given you that impression? You doubt my ability to follow through?”
I shuddered and tried to move
in closer for a real kiss. He held me back and I bit my lip as the fingers of his other hand ghosted over my pale collarbone. He let go abruptly and deposited me on the couch. He rose to stand, my mind struggling to keep up.

“You have studying to do.”

I stared for a long moment, “What? You can’t say something like that and then tell me to study! Are you crazy?”

“There are more important things than sex Kalian. If today is any indication, you need to work harder.”

“Oh, of course.” He seemed surprised and nodded, lowering himself down onto the couch opposite me. It was my turn to stand. I was pouting as I retrieved my books off the table, trying to think of a way to change his mind. Then a thought snuck to me on the connection and I froze. I was sure he hadn’t meant to let me see it, but it was too late. One quick image. A vision of me on my knees in front of him, his cock in my mouth. I blushed scarlet and looked down at the book in my hand. I moved around to where he sat, lowering myself on the couch next to him. He looked at me suspiciously but didn’t say anything. I flipped through the pages, acting as if I was finding the next section. Then, as smoothly as I could, I let the book fall out of my hands. It hit the ground in front of Talon’s feet and he glanced down at it.

“Clumsy me!” I gasped, practically throwing myself to the floor. I grabbed the book, gripping Talon’s knee to push myself up. I looked up at him and watched his mind slowly put my little scheme together. The book in one hand, I was now kneeling in front of him. I met his eyes, ignoring the heat creeping into my face as I discarded the book. I rested my other hand on his opposite knee. His breath caught and I saw his eyes darken. He sat up and I watched his mouth open, probably to tell me to stop. I didn’t give him time to speak. I ran my hands up his thighs, then higher, my fingertips trailing over his erection through his pants. He shuddered, hesitated, his body tense as he tried to force himself to resist. For once my fingers deftly untied the laces of his pants and I was relieved when he lifted his hips so I could pull them down. My nerves roared up at that moment to remind me that I had never done this. Ignoring them, I wrapped my fingers around his base and squeezed slightly. Leaning forward, I closed my eyes as I ran my tongue over the head. I started to stroke slowly, running my tongue tentatively over his slit. I heard him take in a sharp breath, long fingers tangling in my hair. I wrapped my lips around him and swirled my tongue, desperately trying to remember what he had done to me on our first night. I began sucking and took a little bit more into my mouth, his grip tightening in my hair. I felt the connection open up and I saw myself. I almost lost it as his view of me on my knees entered my head, my eyes unfocused, cheeks tinted red. I could feel what I was doing as if it was being done to me. I moaned around him as I slid farther down, pulling back up when I choked a bit. Both hands were in my hair now and I pulled off, running my tongue down the underside of his shaft. He murmured my name softly and I looked up at him through my lashes. He used his hands in my hair to guide himself back into my mouth. I gripped his hips and whimpered softly as he rocked them, slipping in and out of my mouth. He pushed my limits a couple of times, going farther than I could handle. My eyes were watering. I swallowed around him and held his hips tighter, taking control as I forced myself all the way down. I heard Talon moan and the fingers in my hair tightened even more. The slight pain only made it better.

I blinked up at him as he completely withdrew from my mouth. He released my hair and dragged me to my feet. He made quick work of my pants and tunic and I watched, my brain overloaded with lust. He led me to the bed and spun me around. He nudged me forward until my legs hit the bed and then he pushed my torso down. I looked back at him, wiggling my hips suggestively. Biting my lip, I watched him drop to his knees behind me. One of his hands went to my ass, kneading. I turned my face when the other hand joined, and I felt him spread my cheeks. I gasped as he slid a finger into me. Then I stiffened as I felt him kiss softly over my backside. He added another finger and I moaned, rubbing myself against the sheets. He spread his fingers and I jerked as I felt something wet slide between them. The fingers withdrew and he gripped my cheeks. I sought out the connection and squeezed my legs together when it answered my naïve question. It was his tongue thrusting into me. I almost came against the sheets at the realization, gripping them tightly in my hands. I whined softly as his tongue slipped out. It moved to swirl around my hole. I was a mess as I listened to him stand behind me. One of his hands ran over the small of my back. The other was lower and his thumb traced my opening, rubbing gently.

“See, now, this is where I would normally take you. Alas, I am a man of no action.”

I whimpered, my voice a whine, “Talon please.”

“Please what beautiful?”

I looked back at him, my mouth hanging open, “Really?”

“Did you mean this?” He slid into me and I gripped the sheets as I cried out. He was only about a fourth of the way in and I eagerly rocked back my hips. .

“Y-yes, please! Oh, gods!

I moaned his name as he reached forward, gripping my hair tight and pulling my head back, “Trust me, darling, the gods have nothing to do with this.”
I cried out again as he slammed the rest of the way into me. He set a rough pace and I knew I wouldn’t last long. His hand still in my hair forced me to arch my back and I couldn’t figure out what to do with my hands. Talon forced my legs farther apart, his hips slowing as he pulled my back to his chest. I was panting hard as his mouth moved over my neck, his grip in my hair exposing it to him. His tongue ran over where the vein would be and he nipped, his sharp canines breaking my skin. His hand wrapped around me as his hips rocked
vigorously. As his hand began stroking, I rose on my tiptoes as I felt myself get close.

“Mm not yet gorgeous, you hurt my feelings.” His fingers gently squeezed my tip as he pulled out of me. I could feel him grinning against my neck as I gasped.

“What are you doing? Please Talon, I was so close!

“I know exactly how close you were. You advertise that pretty obnoxiously over the connection.” He nuzzled my neck and I could feel that high slowly slipping away. I glared up at him as he turned me around to face him. Sure enough, he had a stupid smirk on his face.

“Have we calmed down little lord?”

“Don’t call me that.” I frowned, crossing my arms over my chest like a petulant child. I was still turned on and I wanted it, but I felt a little like a wilted flower. That was until his fingers gripped my neck again, forcing me onto my back. His other hand pulled my leg over his hip. When I tried to look, his grip on my neck tightened and I snapped my gaze back to his. His lips met mine and my nails flew to his shoulders as he slid back into me. It wasn’t long before he was bottoming out again and I could barely breathe. The tension that had slipped away from my spine came back tenfold and I lost the ability for coherent thought. One hand fell to the bed, gripping the sheets as he all but rammed into me, his fingers tight on my neck.

I held on for dear life, my legs wrapping around his waist, one hand gripping his wrist. His fingers tightened fractionally, I could still breathe but having that threat there did something to me.

“Come.” It was an order confirmed by the fierce look in his eyes . He hit that spot inside me and I came undone, screaming his name. He gasped mine, both hands falling to my hips as he thrust deep inside me a couple more times before I felt him come as well. We seemed frozen for a few minutes, looking at each other, panting. When the spell broke, he lightly ghosted his fingers over my jaw, cheekbones, and then my lips. I felt the words on the tip of my tongue, but I forced them down. Confessing them to Talon after he’d just recently told me it was too soon to have them, wouldn’t go over well. He pulled out and I sleepily watched him clean up both of us as best as he could.

As he tugged me into his arms, I wondered how long I would have to wait to tell him this crush had turned into something far more. Would he ever be ready for it?

🥳
Copyright © 2020 Demiurge; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 25
  • Love 21
  • Wow 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I am really nervous about Lex's absence. He's surely up to something! Grrr.

Well... the Queen was a dude, hopefully our heroes find another way to cancel the engagement. 

 

Fuuuck, Kalian and Talon's sex life is fire. Amazing. Hopefully I get to read more of it. Hehe.

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment

That little “wow” face is a pretty close approximation of my expression while reading this chapter.

I love that the queen is so aloof. So very queenly of her to immediately spot and disdain Kalian’s inexperience.

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
On 2/20/2021 at 6:16 PM, drpaladin said:

I had the same thought about Lex and his lust for power. All it would take is the suggestion of treason or dropping a hint about his insatiable lust for power and Lex would be gone like the few in midday, but our Kalian isn't vicious or unkind.

 

No, but Talon and Eon are both quite capable of being vicious!  I’m still hoping Tyren can pull some behind the scenes strings. Does he know where Talon’s sister is?  Does the queen?

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment

Are we really done with the Queen? And how I love the King’s name!! You say it the way you want to and I’ll say it the way I want to…

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Duuuuuuuuude, I just showered ffs...

 

The queen seems nice. A bit touchy feely maybe and a tad uncouth, but eh what can you do?

 

I'm joking obviously. She was a total bitch. Hopefully that means she's got a plan to help in other ways though. Guess we'll have to see.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..