Jump to content
    Demiurge
  • Author
  • 8,170 Words
  • 3,165 Views
  • 14 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Awaken - 30. Reunited

*Graphic violence and explicit content*

The air in the tent seemed close, tension thick in the air. I stood just inside the flap, meeting Lex’s eyes defiantly. He looked away after a full minute and shuffled through the papers on his desk. He ran fingers through his unusually messy blond hair, “I don’t want to do these things to you. I don’t want to force myself on you either, but it’s time you accept your role.”

I didn’t answer, my eyes narrowing. He sighed heavily and rested his hands on the desk in front of him. His head hung and he closed his eyes as I watched him physically gather himself. He stood and frowned at me, “We aren’t far from Syrin and once we arrive, you and I will leave for Krinn. The others will be turned over to Anders as soon as we reach the palace. I cannot and will not bargain for their lives. I’m not having this conversation with you to invite argument. I’m simply telling you how it is.”

“Is that so?” My voice was controlled, and anger simmered under the surface. Green eyes slid down my body and then back up to my face. He stepped around the desk and strode toward me, face serious and determined.

“Talon will be executed before we leave tomorrow morning. You will have a front row seat.” His fingers dug into his favorite spot on my wrist, and I wrenched my arm out of his grasp. I jerked my fist back and hit Lex hard in the face. He staggered back and I dodged him as he reached for me. I threw myself through the tent flap, dashing into the space between the tents. Night had descended and I was momentarily disoriented at the limited light. How long had I stood there waiting for that idiot to talk? The carriages and carts were generally kept together at one side of the camp, farthest from Lex’s tent. I heard commotion and glanced over my shoulder. Mallex stumbled a bit and then ran for me. I threw light behind me and frowned when it hit the dirt in front of his feet. His face was twisted in rage and I panted as I saw Wren’s white head in the distance. He noticed me at the same time, and I watched him slowly stand from where he’d been crouched around a small fire with our friends. Eon was on his feet and moving to meet us in an instant, everyone on his heels. I tripped over a root and barely managed to stay on my feet. It had slowed me enough that I felt rough fingers grip the upper part of my arm.

Lex dragged me back to him, “Soldiers! I have lost my patience, it’s time. Take them all! Leave none alive!” The camp erupted in immediate chaos and Lex smacked me hard, still gripping my upper arm. I sought out my companions, who were already embroiled in fighting. Eon and Wren were headed in my direction, leaving butchery in their wake. The ground began to shake and Mallex looked around in confusion as I struggled to free myself from him. My head whipped around as a cracking noise filled the air. As I stared, the white carriage exploded. In the falling debris, there among the dust and wood, a dark figure rose. Torso bare, new pants hanging low on his hips. Talon’s eyes took in his surroundings. My breath caught and Lex’s fingers tightened their hold. Even from this distance, I saw Talon’s irises and scelera swallowed by darkness. Black reached all the way up to his shoulders and his hands flexed, ending in sharp claws.

“Fuck.” Lex’s voice was almost hollow. He lurched into action, dragging me along with him across the camp that was devolving farther into insanity. Anika emerged from between tents and rushed toward us.

“What’s happening? Mallex? Lex!” She was nearly screaming. Lex looked behind us and his eyes widened. I twisted my head around again and, sure enough, Talon was stalking in our direction. His eyes fixed on me and then slid back to Lex, his lip curling as he let loose a snarl that rattled around in my chest. He sliced his hand in a great arc and the soldiers that had collected in front of him fell at once. Another came from the side, sword raised high above his head. Talon’s claws raked down his face and the man fell. Talon lifted his hand palm up. Ropes of shadows twisted around the soldier and Talon closed his hand in a fist. I flinched, letting out an almost hysterical laugh as the man’s body compacted in a horrible squelching noise beneath the darkness. Lex was panting and I stared as it hit me. It wasn’t due to exertion, Mallex Nainde was absolutely terrified. He shoved Anika away from us. She fell to the ground, eyes wide with fear as she took stock of the situation. I dug my heels in and forced Mallex to stop. He turned and raised his hand to hit me again. I didn’t give him a chance. I gripped his cheek and dug in my short nails as I called my Magik. He screamed as his skin began to burn. He tried shoving me away, but I tackled him backwards, my hand still firmly pressed to his face as his back hit the ground.

“Sorry Lex. I know we said we were going to take it slow, but I’ve already waited for so long. I think having you fuck my mouth made the need worse.” I felt bone under my fingers as his skin melted away. His screaming was raw, and he clawed at the wrist attached to the hand currently disfiguring him. I was bleeding. Wind whipped weakly at my face and shoulders. I closed my eyes as dirt sprayed into my eyes. I wiped at my them and grunted as he kicked me off. I panted softly as I crouched next to him. The left side of his face from cheek to jaw was a mess, bone visible. He writhed on the ground and I held my stomach as it tried to expel its contents. Claws lightly brushed over my shoulder and I looked up. Talon stood over me, his eyes fixed on Mallex. He caressed my cheek adoringly and I leaned into the touch. Shadows slipped from every direction, sliding over my skin lovingly.

“Do you want me to finish this my love?” There was screaming around us, but it was fading away, “The others are clearing the camp.” Clearing. That was the reason for the screaming. I closed my eyes as his palm pressed to my cheek and I kissed the black skin, his claws lightly grazing my cheekbone.

“Love? You’re not capable of love, abomination! You’ve taken everything from me!” How Lex was able to form coherent sentences was beyond me. His voice was hoarse and somehow wet. I could hear the effort behind his words.

“I cannot take what was never yours. I’m more than capable of love. It’s the only reason you lived this long,” Talon’s hand dropped from my face, and he lowered himself to crouch near Mallex’s head, “and you had the audacity to touch him. To hurt him. He’s mine and you…you…” I watched Talon slowly losing control. The ground started to shake again. I crawled over to him, sliding my fingers into his hand as his claws flexed.

“I’m here. I’m okay.” I tried, pressing against his mind soothingly. Talon’s black eyes slid to me. His fangs were pressing into his lower lip. His shadows held me tighter, protective, and possessive. He took a shuddering breath and his power fell from my skin to the earth underneath my hands. It rushed back to its source, swirling around Talon. His head tilted and the Magik absorbed into his body. The ground’s shaking stopped, but this was far from over for the Captain on the ground. I winced as Talon dug his fingers into Lex’s ruined face. He screamed again and Talon’s claws forced deeper.

“I’m sorry Mallex. I thought you liked things being shoved in where they don’t belong?” Talon cooed, his voice echoing. Footsteps ran up behind me and I watched Talon’s head turn fractionally. I turned and watched shadows fly from all around. They wrapped around the poor man who’d been attempting to attack me. I covered my face as the shadows jerked in multiple different directions. Blood splashed against my hands and the heavy rust smell made me bite down hard on my lip. Lex was screaming again, and I bit my lip as Talon dragged a blade-sharp claw across Lex’s abdomen, blood pooling in the ridges between his abs and soaking through the fabric of his tunic.

“Kalian, find the others. I will find you once I’m done with our dear Captain.” I ran my fingers gently over his scalp and he looked up at me, black gaze unhinged. I leaned down to kiss him softly and looked at Lex for probably the last time. Green eyes were wide, and pain filled, but I turned on my heel and set off to find our group.

“You’re going to let your beast torture him to death?” Anika was trailing behind me, wincing at every scream that reached our ears from Mallex’s voice. I heard her steps quicken behind me as I didn’t answer, “You can’t leave me here Kalian! I won’t make it. I don’t even know where we are!” A guard rushed us; spear held in front of him. I sighed and waved my hand, an arc of light bisecting the man easily. Anika gasped as the blood hit her.

“Who are you? What happened to the sweet, shy kid I grew up with?” Her voice was filled with horror and I felt my lips turn up in a smile as I faced her.

“He came into his own. He dragged himself out of his family’s shadow and finally started living his life.”

“You’re all traitors! Anders won’t allow you back.” She stopped herself at the last moment. She’d been gearing up to slap me again, but thought better of it, “You’ll be executed as soon as you step into Syrin!”

“I guess I won’t be returning to Syrin then.” I said calmly, continuing to walk as I spotted Amaris nearby.

“You say that now, but I can’t wait for the crown to hunt down your vicious freak! He almost killed him once! He can do it again. W-with or without Mallex.” I had made it to Amaris who raised her eyebrows as my sister yelled at my back.

“The difference,” I said as I turned to her again, “Is he won’t ever be alone again. Know this, sister or not, if you threaten him again, I will end you myself.”

“I’ll take care of it for you Sunbeam.” Wren strolled to us, blood dripping from his hands and mouth. As if drawn to each other, my companions drifted together. Eon’s light blue shirt was soaked with blood, a smear across his cheekbones as well. Tyren was also covered in gore as he supported Hanja’s weight. The healer looked spent, the bags under his eyes severe.

“I appreciate that, but if it comes to it, I will take care of it myself.” I smiled at the white-haired head assassin. Amaris tossed a knife in her hand, catching it with a glint in her eye as she eyed my sister. Anika looked around frantically. It had finally occurred to her that she was surrounded by enemies.

“The Captain?” Hanja asked, voice exhausted.

“Talon has him.” I looked around, scanning to make sure none of my friends were injured.

“If you listen closely, you can still hear his pathetic screams on the breeze.” Wren giggled, leaning into the wind with a blissful smile on his face. His eyes snapped open, and he lunged around me. I jumped at the sudden movement and blinked as he tackled my sister and sat on her back. She’d been trying to run.

“Let her go.” I mumbled, meeting Eon’s serious gaze.

Wren whined and Amaris scoffed, “She stood by and let you suffer. For years. She took part in it gleefully.” I smiled softly at her, pulling her into a hug.

“It doesn’t matter anymore. She doesn’t matter.” Amaris hugged me back, but I saw her still glaring at the redhead on the ground.

“Wren.” Eon sighed softly. Wren growled and dug his claws roughly into my sister’s back as he pushed himself to stand. She shrieked and Eon sent the smaller man a warning look. Wren grinned and sidled up to him, palms sliding up the expanse of my brother’s chest. Anika clumsily got to her feet and glared at me. I draped my arm over Amaris’ shoulders as I grinned happily at her.

“I’ll see you all hang!” She threw over her shoulder as she sprinted the opposite direction. Breath slid over my neck and I shuddered as arms tugged me from Amaris, wrapping tight around my torso. A nose nuzzled against my neck and I leaned back against Talon.

“Hey! I was cuddling that!” Amaris gasped in fake annoyance.

“Sounds like a you problem.” Talon murmured. I shifted so I could see his face and I smiled softly as his eyes took in the rag tag assembly of people around us, “This is the weirdest fucking group.”

He shifted his attention, and my feet left the ground. I wrapped my legs around his waist as he gripped under my thighs, his mouth finding mine. I let my eyes fall closed and lost myself completely, gasping softly when his tongue pressed into my mouth.

“Ugh, really? Get a fucking room!” Amaris made fake retching noises and I couldn’t stop my laugh. Happiness bubbled up in my chest and I dissolved into near hysterical giggles. Fingers carded through my hair and Talon crushed me to his chest, arms holding me tight.

His forehead rested against mine and I calmed, “You’re really here.”

“I’m really here.” He murmured softly, lips pressing to my nose.

“You came back to me.” I blinked as tears rolled down my cheeks. I hadn’t even felt them coming.

“And I will, forever.” His lips kissed away my tears and I lowered my legs as embarrassment surged through me. I looked sheepishly at our group, wiping roughly at my cheeks. Hanja’s arm was around Tyren’s waist, his eyes the softest I’d ever seen them. Amaris swiped at her own cheeks and gave me a soft smile. Eon was grinning softly and shaking his head. I felt all the tension from the last few days evaporating. I hadn’t realized how much it was weighing us down. We’d been struggling, kept under the thumb of extreme stress.

“Remind me to stay on your good side Verloren.” Eon mumbled, his hands holding Wren’s so they weren’t traveling over him.

“That hurts Eon. I’m innocent.” Talon’s voice was higher pitched and whiney.

“I don’t believe you’ve been innocent a day in your life.” Hanja sighed and we broke into laughter at Talon’s expense. He pouted and nipped my ear as I giggled, forcing a squeak from my lips. Talon stared from Wren to Eon, his face twisting in confusion.

“Monster fucking? Eon I didn’t think you had it in ya.” Eon scowled and Wren fixed a dirty look on Talon.

“I suppose I should be grateful that you failed your mission so spectacularly. You were holding out on me. Sunbeam is cute, but this one? Flame incarnate? Delicious.” Wren smirked up at Eon and my mouth fell open as he returned the expression.

Talon loudly gagged, hanging off me, “The wall of moving muscle doesn’t really do it for me boss.”

“Fortunate. I would prefer he didn’t do anything for you.” Wren growled.

“Remind me why we had to save him?” Eon groaned.

“You all love me of course.” Came the sing song reply. A chorus of groans rose up from the group and I snickered.

“I’m not even convinced I like any of you.” Hanja mumbled as he rubbed at his eyes.

 

*

 

Our horses had been found and brought along, meaning we had our shelters and our belongings. We’d picked through the camp for food, fresh clothes, and supplies, and we now sat around a fire in the very center of camp. The area around us was blood soaked and it had taken Eon, Talon, and Wren a solid half an hour to clear away the worst of the gore. I sat on Talon’s lap as Tyren cooked real food for us. My stomach growled at the thought of a meal that wasn’t bread and jerky. Talon hadn’t let me out of his sight very often and the feeling was mutual. Both of us still seemed shaken at the realization that I was almost too late. His arms were wrapped around me and I snuggled back against his chest. Hanja was passed out in a nearby tent, tucked under soft blankets. I had wondered at first if it had been Anika’s. It had a small twin bed and I doubted that was a luxury simple soldiers were given.

“He melted his face?!” Amaris gasped and smacked my foot in excitement, “That’s brutal Kal! I love it!”

I shrugged and cringed slightly, “It was pretty violent. I lost control.”

Wren sat up from where he’d been leaning against Eon’s side, “Why do you sound unhappy? You should’ve let him melt his whole head Talon!” Eon met my eyes and raised an eyebrow in a silent question. I shook my head and smiled softly. He knew I wasn’t alright, so did Talon. That’s why he’d stepped in. At the end of the day, I wasn’t a killer. I would fight to defend myself and those I loved, but the amount of blood already on my hands churned my stomach.

“As fantastically hot as it was to watch, I had my own plans for Mallex. I’ve had years to think about just how I would take him apart. Literally. Due to time constraints they were adapted, but I’m happy with my work.” I could hear the grin in his voice, and I snuggled closer, smiling to myself. Hearing his voice in the physical world was calming and I couldn’t believe I’d ever taken it for granted. Even if his vocal chords were being used to voice horrific violence currently.

“Amaris, I heard you went down. That’s a first.” Talon sighed softly, but I could hear the teasing in his voice.

“Kalian saved my life, you overgrown child. Also, which one of us almost died? Whose boyfriend had to trek across the countryside to save their ass while they took a nap in a carriage?” Amaris snapped.

“Oh, did I hit a nerve? It’s not a dick Ama, you don’t have to take it so hard.” Talon grinned, his tongue running over his sharp canine.

“Now children,” Wren chuckled, his fingers tugging at the loose light grey tunic that Eon wore.

Amaris rolled her unusual red eyes and grinned at me, “Kally, if you ever wanna swing the other way, my door’s always open.”

Talon stiffened against me and his forearm wrapped around my waist tighter, “Nah, no swinging in any direction except mine.” I blushed as his tongue licked up the side of my neck.

“Gross Talon. We’re not dogs.” Amaris groaned.

“Funny cause you’ve always been a bi-“

“Food! The food is ready!” Tyren exclaimed, cutting Talon off. Tyren was shaking his head, yellow eyes wide and frustrated. We shuffled over to be served. Talon and Amaris still poking at each other verbally and physically. I smiled at my teacher as he handed me a bowl of stew. My smile faltered when I noticed how tired he was. His normally bright personality had been dampened these last few days and it made my heart hurt. Tyren met my eyes and we seemed to communicate without words. He was proud, scared, and grateful. He knew I was reaching my limit and he raised a concerned brow.

“How are there only six of you? You’re all so impossibly loud.” I grinned over my shoulder as Hanja shuffled to us, rubbing sleep from his eyes. I got out of the way so he could grab food and Tyren shot me one last concerned look before his focus shifted entirely to his partner.

“Come with me.” My brain barely had enough time to catch up as Talon tugged me away from our group, “We’ll be back, eventually.” He tipped his bowl to his lips as we walked and I shook my head, ignoring how his throat bobbed when he swallowed.

“You are going to choke. Slow down.” I sighed, trying not to slosh my dinner over the side of the bowl as he led me through the ruined camp.

“We both know I’m not the one who chokes, baby.” I rolled my eyes at the smirk that played over his lips. Always so pleased with himself. He chucked the bowl over his shoulder and a small blue tent came into view. It was the same blue as Lex’s, but only half the size. Long fingers pulled the tent flap aside and I slid by him, making sure every part of me made contact. He let out a breath and I grinned as I turned. There was a double bed that looked like it hadn’t been slept in and a simple desk with a few papers stacked neatly to the side. Talon walked around me, gripping the hem of his borrowed tan tunic as he pulled it over his head. My eyes roamed over his exposed torso and I met his eyes as I slowly spooned food into my mouth.

“Eat later.” He sat on the foot of the bed, his voice low as his eyes darkened.

“No, I haven’t had real food in a few days. I’m hungry.” He raised an eyebrow at the defiance and the muscles in his forearms flexed as he gripped the mattress under him. Oh, I was going to pay for that. I hid the shiver that ran down my spine and sipped the broth in the bowl slowly as I meandered over to the desk. With one hand, I spread the papers over the surface and began reading, occasionally taking a bite. I made a great show of licking my spoon off between bites and I heard the mattress shifting.

“Kalian.” He was quiet, calm, but I could feel his lust as if it were running over my skin.

“Do you think we should take some of these? They may be important.” In hindsight, I should’ve known that this little game wouldn’t last long. Talon snapped far faster than I imagined. I was draining my bowl one second and then it was taken from my hands and whipped across the tent. I let out an undignified squeak as he gripped my thighs, lifting me onto the desk as if I weighed nothing.

“Think so?” His fingers were in my hair, tugging until I bared my throat. I squirmed out of his grip and I heard the frustrated huff of breath as he reached for me. I scooted to the edge of the desk, looking up at him through my lashes as I gripped his waistband. I yanked him to me with it and grinned as he sucked his teeth.

“It may help with Anders. Who knows? Maybe whoever resided in this tent had information Lex didn’t.” I shrugged and then found myself flipped onto my stomach. Talon forced my torso down flat and his hand ran up my back as he leaned over me. His hand gripped the hair at the crown of my head, and he jerked my head back. It forced my back into an arch, and I bit my lip hard to keep in a moan.

“Don’t say his name.” He growled in my ear. I ground my hips back against him and smiled at the hitch in his breath.

“Don’t tell me what to do. I’m still mad at you for keeping me in the dark and getting captured.” I planted my hands on the desk, forcing myself back roughly. Talon stumbled back and I turned around. He tilted his head to the side as he studied me, trying to decide if I was really upset.

I lifted myself back up to sit on the desk and raised an eyebrow at him, “And, if you have a problem with what I’m saying, put something in my mouth so I can’t talk.” I shrugged, running my tongue over my lip. He stalked forward and I stopped him with a foot pressed to the center of his chest.

“Since when are you so…” He gestured to all of me, and I laughed at the clear frustration in his eyes. He was letting me hold him back and I realized that Talon had never been challenged in this way. Looking the way he did, I seriously doubted he had much trouble getting what he wanted in an intimate setting. Poor thing. He met my eyes and a smirk slowly formed on his face, “Oh, you get in one real fight and suddenly you’re a bad ass, little lord.”

I stared and he met my eyes, a shit-eating grin spread across his face. I wouldn’t give him the satisfaction of revealing he’d hit a nerve, hard. I dropped my leg and stood. Talon looked down at me challengingly. He worried his lower lip between his teeth, clearly convinced he’d won. I stepped into his space, running my hands from low on his abs all the way up to his shoulders. I met his eyes and let my right hand trail down his sternum then lower. I traced his abs and the waistband of his trousers. I could feel his impatience in the back of my mind. I jerked the fabric down and ignored his hiss as the cool air touched delicate skin. I let my breath ghost over his neck as I took him in my hand and stroked slowly a couple times. I withdrew my hand and smirked as another huff of annoyance left his lips. I called the faintest bit of Magik to me, holding out my palm. I couldn’t stop the smirk that fell onto my face when he gripped the desk behind me as concentrated warmth ran over his shaft.

“What the f-fuck.” The break in his voice and the following groan was the best thing I’d ever heard. I wrapped my fingers back around him, encasing him in the gentle heat, light spilling from between my fingers. Running my lips over his neck I shifted as his other hand moved around me so both held onto the desk, caging me in. My fingers slid up and down unhurriedly, pausing completely each time he lifted his hips. He growled as he finally got the hint. He held himself still as I nipped along his jaw, twisting my fist gently. I dug my fingers into his pocket, completely unsurprised when I found a small vial of oil. He looked down at me and shrugged, a guilty smile on his face. I coated the fingers that’d been working him and resumed my efforts, trying not to lose my mind when I noticed the dusting of pink over his cheeks and nose. Talon flushed was an image I committed to memory. He was letting loose a string of soft curses and gasps and I added to the warmth fractionally. I grinned as I felt his reaction to the hot warmth wrapped around him. His walls were completely down, and it occurred to me that I had never had this much control. He’d never let me. He also hadn’t expected me to take it from him. No, but now, he was loving it.

“Good?” I whispered softly in his ear and I felt his hips stutter, my thumb swiping over the head. I felt him nod, but shook my head, “Use your words, Talon. You’re normally so good with them. Where’s that wit?”

I concentrated a little harder and sent ripples of light down the seams on his legs, the fabric falling to the ground. The desk groaned behind me as his hands gripped harder, “No blood in brain. All in my cock.” He gasped, his head falling back as I pumped faster.

My hand stilled and a strangled noise of protest left his lips. Oh, I needed to hear that again. Repeatedly. I shook my head and nipped the juncture where his jaw met his neck, “You didn’t answer me. Is it good? If not, I’ll stop babe.”

“Who the fuck are you? Gods it hasn’t even been that long.” I removed my hand completely and he growled, “It feels good. Fuck, it feels so good.” I met his heated, needy gaze and sucked my lower lip into my mouth as I resumed my efforts. I kept the heat in my hand consistent as my fingers moved quickly. His face fell into my neck, panting, and I ran my free hand up to cup the back of his head.

“Close?” He nodded again and I sighed, “Talon?”

“Yes, fuckin’ close.” He ground out. It didn’t take much longer after that and he was spilling into my hand with a moan of my name. I released my Magik and my eyes focused on the proof that I had, indeed, done that. More importantly, Talon had obviously enjoyed it. He was still panting, eyes wide as he looked down at me. My hand rose to my face and Talon rubbed a hand over his as I licked it clean.

“You’re going to kill me.” Linking our fingers, I decided it was time to get use out of the bed.

“Lay down.” He crawled across the blankets and I saw him fight with himself for a moment, his need to be in control popping up, “Talon, lay down.”
He sighed and threw himself onto his back. I giggled softly at his still frustrated expression and walked across the bed on my knees. Once I reached him, I held his face in both hands, kissing him hard. Fingers tangled in my hair as his tongue licked into my mouth. His grip tightened and I felt heat in my stomach. It was strangely erotic to know that at any moment he could rip control away from me if he wanted to. When we came up for air, I rested my forehead against his.

“I’m not mad.” I mumbled softly against his mouth, “I was just scared.”

“I know. So was I.” He answered, kissing my forehead. I mentally shook myself. This conversation was destroying the mood.

“Make it up to me then.” I bit down on his lower lip and his grip tightened in my hair. I shifted back on my knees and untangled his hand, earning a frown.

“Just…trust me?” His eyes softened and I almost lost my nerve again.

“With my life, love.” He watched as I rid myself of my clothes. My hands pushed his shoulders down, so he was flat on the bed. I blushed as his eyes widened when I crawled up before swinging my leg over to straddle his face.

“Oh, shit.” He growled as his hands gripped my hips, “Again, you’re going to fucking kill me.” I tried to ignore the heat that spread across my face at his muffled groan. He spread my cheeks and kneaded. I ran my fingertips over his scalp, noticing the knicks were gone and the short graphite hair that remained was downy-soft. I let my head fall back at the first swipe of his tongue over my hole. It lapped lazily and I forced his head closer as it delved inside. It was too much and not enough at the same time. A finger slipped in slowly and hooked, drawing out a loud whine. He added another soon after and his mouth withdrew as he worked them in and out of me. He found the spot inside me easily and now seemed determined to abuse it. He spread his fingers, his tongue sliding between them. I was too involved to be embarrassed as I mewled. Talon’s tongue thrusted inside, my back arching more as he began to guide my hips. I ran my fingers over my chest and pulled at my own hair as I rocked against him, riding his face. My thighs tightened around his head and I gasped loudly. There was no way I could last like this. Each lift of my hips with the combined effort of his fingers and tongue had tension climbing up my spine.

As if reading my mind, he slowed. He held me tight as we rolled. As soon as my ass hit the bed, his mouth sank down on my shaft. My head fell back, and his fingers crept up toward my chest, rolling my left nipple gently between his thumb and finger.

“T-Talon, oh my gods.” He hummed softly around me, pleased, as his mouth slid up and down. I returned to the very edge, my toes curling as I tried to hold out. There was a “pop” as he pulled off, his tongue lapping over the head. His fist replaced his mouth on my length, and he stroked fast, knowing exactly how close I was. My hands flew to the back of his head and I lifted my hips, whimpering. He smirked and obliged, eyes on mine as he let me push back into his mouth. I was unraveling and I jerked up more roughly than I should have, hitting the back of his throat. I threw my head back as he swallowed hard around me. That was the final straw. I fell over the edge, crying out his name. I felt like I was floating, panting hard as my thighs shook. I felt wet fingers gently pat my thigh and I squeaked as I realized I was still holding his head down.

My brain was fuzzy and completely unfocused as his voice slid over my skin, “Mm, I wasn’t aware I needed forceful Kalian in my life. I approve.” I let out a soft noise at the praise and felt him gather me up. My legs fell to either side of his lap, hands lightly rubbing over my back. My cheek rested against his shoulder and his fingers ran through my hair as I came down. My hips shifted as I got comfortable and I noticed he’d enjoyed that almost as much as I had, the evidence hard against my backside. I cupped his face as I sat up, kissing him slow. Arms wrapped around me and held me tight as his tongue ran lazily over mine. My attention was drawn toward a soft click and my mouth stayed on his as he coated his fingers with oil. He must’ve grabbed it before we changed locations. I hadn’t even noticed.

Two fingers slid back inside, and I hissed quietly. I was too overstimulated, and the pleasure was momentarily tainted by the tiniest bit of pain.

“Breathe babe. I’ve got you.” His words relaxed me instantly and I rolled my hips back on his digits. Talon chuckled. Kisses and gentle bites trailed down my shoulder and another finger entered me. The discomfort faded after a bit, the drag making my head spin. Talon’s mouth sucked a spot on my collarbone, and I was so caught up that I failed to register his fingers slowing. They withdrew completely and his tip ran between my cheeks, catching the rim enough times to make my nails dig into his shoulders.

“Don’t fucking tease me.” I growled and sat back to see Talon’s surprised smile.

“Never, my little prince.” My mouth hung open as he slid in, pushing forward slowly. Not enough. Not fast enough. I forced myself down, wincing as he bottomed out. Talon’s head fell back as he moaned. My hands gripped his shoulders as I rolled my hips. His hands were all over me and I let him guide my hips again, lifting me a bit so I could bounce. We were both falling apart. It didn’t take much. Steady rhythm and technique fell to the wayside as both of us chased pleasure. There would be bruises on my hips. Talon would be covered in marks, the imprint of my teeth already red and angry on his chest. My world tilted and my back nestled into soft blankets as he hooked my legs over his shoulders, settling on a brutal pace that I wasn’t ready for. My teeth snapped together, and I let my eyes fall closed as they rolled back.

In all honesty, it was impressive that it lasted as long as it did. I screamed out, covering my chest with release as Talon continued to pound me into the bed. He gripped the sheets by my head and the growl he let out as he filled me made my mind jump to a second round. I wasn’t positive that I had stayed on our planet. Unable to get a full breath, I was gasping. My hand rested on my chest and I felt wetness on my thighs as Talon fell to the side. He lay on his back and his breathing was just as ragged as mine.

“Fuck…fuck.” He wheezed.

“E-eloquent.” I sighed as I finally started to get myself under control and return to the right frame of mind. Fingers lightly traced my jaw, and I opened my eyes to grey ones filled with emotion. I knew it was coming, but that didn’t prepare me for the flutter in my stomach or the uneven rhythm that my heart adopted as he spoke.

“I love you Kalian.”

“I love you too.” His lips pressed to mine and he laid his head on my chest as we continued coming down, carefully avoiding any fluids.

“Is it weird to have sex in a camp where you helped kill most of the inhabitants?” I murmured into the comfortable silence that stretched between us. He laughed and the sound sent a pleasant hum through my body. There was no answer except the tearing of fabric. Talon cleaned us both up and I watched his progress sleepily.

“Am I losing you?” He murmured softly, fingers rubbing circles over my stomach.

I looked at him through hooded eyes, coherent thought tumbling away from me at a steady rate, “Mm.”
His fingers danced lightly over my body and I let my eyes fall closed. It had taken seconds for me to fall asleep and it was deep. I hadn’t slept this well since he’d left Syrin. It was going so well, that when hands became more demanding, I tried to escape them. I heard words and tried my best to ignore them and the hands. It was no use. I cracked open an eye and groaned as I blinked away sleep.

“Wakey wakey gorgeous. I’m not done with you.” I faintly registered a click noise and stubbornly closed my eyes again, pouting. They snapped open when his fingers wrapped around my base and squeezed lightly. He worked his fist slowly, the oil easing the slide. Hooking my leg over his shoulder, I raised an eyebrow.

“I was sleeping.” I grumbled.

His tongue ran up my sternum and he grinned, “You had a full two hours. I’m not done with you.” He sat back and rolled me onto my side, bending my leg toward me at the knee. I drew my lower lip into my mouth as a finger slid easily into me. I was gripping under my knee and holding my leg in place for him. Grey irises were shot through with inky black and he added two fingers, pushing the air from my lungs.

“Not sure if you even need prep this time.” My brain had already filled with haze and I whimpered as he asked, “you want it babe?” He lifted my leg higher, spreading me. His gaze dipped down before he refocused on my face.

Yes.”

 

*

 

“I’m not sure if you two are aware, but we committed treason and are staying in a camp where we slaughtered the king’s soldiers. We should probably move along.” Hanja sighed when we stumbled to join them the next morning. It was chilly and I leaned back into Talon, who stood behind me. The sun was still sitting shyly on the horizon, unwilling to ascend fully into the sky. An arm wrapped around my waist and he brought me back me into his warmth. I smiled and it only grew as I took in Tyren’s messy curls and a mark he was desperately trying to hide with his collar.

“It looks like we aren’t the only ones who made the most of last night.” Talon’s head rested against mine as he chuckled.
“He is right either way.” Eon sat on the ground, rubbing his cheek. It looked as though he wasn’t fully awake, and Amaris wasn’t fairing much better. She yawned so wide that my jaw hurt in sympathy.

“Where’s Wren?” Sitting next to Tyren cross legged, I bit into the bread he handed to me. It was softer and fresher than what we’d brought, and I munched gratefully. Talon sat behind me, his long legs stretching out by my hips on either side.

“Eating.” Eon yawned and shrugged. Making a face, the bread in my hand lost a little of its appeal as I questioned what Wren was eating.

“So, Eon, dear friend, everyone’s favorite sentient match-“

“Just ask Talon.” Eon groaned and I tried to stifle my laughter.

Talon leaned closer, resting his chin on my shoulder, “Did you also have a good night?”

“Yep, best sleep I’ve had in a long time.” Eon glowered, eyebrow raised as he looked over my shoulder and I could imagine Talon’s smirk.

“Is that all you did Eon?” I let my head hang as I mentally buckled myself in for the awkward conversation that was sure to ensue.

“If you’re asking if we had sex Talon, no.” Wren’s voice was light, and he was wiping his mouth on his sleeve as he strolled into our circle, “Sunbeam’s brother is still playing hard to get.” Wren leaned over Eon, white hair hanging in his face.

“I’m going to go get the horses ready.” Eon scrambled to his feet and strode quickly away from us.

“I’ll help!” Amaris grinned and followed. I didn’t miss how Wren’s eyes locked on her back, narrowing slightly.

“Ugh, that is the only thing that could’ve made last night better.” Talon whined, shoving bread into his mouth. Wren rolled his eyes and winced as they caught the sunlight, frowning at the man who sat behind me. Tyren sighed and Hanja reached for more bread.

“On a more serious note, where do we go from here?” I asked as I looked to the teachers.

“We cannot return to Syrin, that’s obvious.” Hanja pinched the bridge of his nose, “We can’t stay on the road forever. Our supplies won’t last.”

“We’ll need to find somewhere more permanent to stay.” Talon added, chin still on my shoulder.

“Kalian needs to continue his studying and training. I fear that you will all have to be involved in teaching him.” Tyren ripped a piece of bread in half.

“That’s a secondary issue. Shelter and the ability to either gather food or purchase should be our focus. We’ll be hunted. Especially once it’s discovered that Mallex is dead.” Hanja mumbled, letting down his hair and running his gloved fingers through it. I watched him braid and tried to think.

“We could stay in the forest.” Wren shrugged, constructing his own little white braid as he watched Hanja.

Verseckt safe house?” Talon offered.

“It’s possible if they were able to sway Lioned, they may know the locations of some or all of them.” Wren growled. A flash of the grey-clad rider flashed through my mind, including when Wren literally bit his head off.

“Traitor.” Talon growled as his presence slipped through my mind. It hadn’t occurred to me that he’d been out of commission when we’d come across his brother in arms, “He didn’t know all of the locations. Only the ones in Dimian.”

“You would have us leave the country?” Tyren asked, considering, “How far do these safe houses stretch?”

“The nearest ones are in Dleth.” Wren said, turning to look at Talon.

“Doesn’t Dleth imprison Magik users?” I looked up at the white-haired man, but it was Talon who answered.

“Of course not, love.” I let loose a sigh of relief that caught in my throat as he continued, “They kill them outright.”

“So, you think we should travel into territory that’s even more unfriendly whilst trying to train the lord? We’ll be dead within a week.” Hanja’s fingers were again pinching the bridge of his nose.

“Ye have little faith, healer.” Talon laughed.

“I can’t hide under or eat faith Shadow Walker.” Hanja sighed.

Tyren rolled his eyes, “Anyway, this safe house may be our only option. Even if it’s a temporary solution.”

“We’ll have to stock up on food and supplies. Who knows when we’ll have access to this much again?” Hanja said, standing and brushing off his knees. He and Tyren walked off. I assumed to get ready. Wren watched them go and then looked from me to Talon.

“Have you ever fought together?”

“No. I didn’t have enough training to fight, and we’ve never been in a situation where it would be necessary.” I answered.

Pink eyes suddenly filled my vision, “I think, Sunbeam, that you may very well be in that situation soon. As for having enough training to fight, you’re by no means a professional. When it came right down to it, when you had to act, you did. You are the reason we’re all standing here. Including your cocky lover. The self-deprecation has become tiresome. Formal training or no, you are a warrior.”

My eyes widened and Talon’s fingers drew gentle circles on my hip. Wren straightened and kept his eyes on mine, daring me to look away. I lifted my chin and grinned, “How long do you think until I can kick Talon’s ass?”

Wren gave me a serrated grin and Talon laughed behind me, “Sunbeam, if threatened, I believe you could take him now.”

“Wait, wait, wait. Wren I’m supposed to be your favorite. You cut me deep. Hey come back here.” Talon stood and lunged for his former boss as the smaller male scurried away. I rolled my eyes and watched the two deadliest assassins I’d ever met chase each other through the devastated camp and couldn’t help but let my mind wander. We’d found Talon. Mallex was dead. I had collected a band of fearsome friends. My family had disowned me, and I was a traitor. The very real problem that was Anders seemed to creep over the earth like a plague, tainting everything that we’d accomplished with the promise of more pain and suffering. He’d wanted me as an ally, but now it was clear that I had chosen to stand against him. There would be no half-crazed pleas like there had been with Mallex. Without a doubt, if we were captured, we would die.

I waited for my normal surge of self-doubt and fear, the anxiety that only a few short weeks ago, would’ve crippled me. It didn’t come. When I had fought alongside my friends and held my own, a part of me had shifted. I had more to learn, but Anders would soon find out that I was a force to be reckoned with. Wren was right. When my back was against the wall and there was no one around to hold my hand, I had acted. I had made decisions and stood behind them.

Using ties I had found earlier in the tent, I secured my hair back away from my face. I pushed myself to my feet, face turning to the sun now centered in the sky. I opened myself up to the power surrounding me. Magik eagerly pressed against my awareness. As I basked in the early morning sun, my fingertips tingled, and small bursts of light danced at the ends of them. I had spent my life being pushed aside, powerless, afraid to accept the fact that I was different. My mind strayed back to when I had wandered into an unfamiliar back alley those months ago. I hadn’t known that what made me different, may very well save a kingdom and the people closest to me. I thought back to the unsure, scared kid who’d sat in a stranger’s house and had chosen to take a leap. My eyes slipped closed as my body tingled with warmth. That kid had no idea what he set into motion. I wasn’t sure that I even knew now. It didn’t matter in the end. I had been reborn. My power had been awakened and with it, a strength that I had never known I possessed.

Mallex had fallen.

So would Anders.

Alright, that's the first major arc of this finished.
I appreciate everyone who's read and left comments 🖤
:thankyou:
Copyright © 2020 Demiurge; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 18
  • Love 37
  • Wow 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Moderator

No more Lex to be outraged at and loathe. What shall we do? Anders is so far away.

Great chapter. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

I can’t get over Eon and Wren! What an inspired pairing. But damn, doesn’t Wren’s breath (and body, for that matter) smell like the deathiest death? 🤢
 

What I appreciate about the brothers is their lack of conceit, and how they accept these two assassins as they are. Kalian kisses black flesh that’s about to do some serious murdering. Eon shrugs off Wren’s gory breakfast. They realize what their hearts want and don’t try to fight it (well, Eon hasn’t fought very hard so far).

The scenes of the Lost Ones laughing and chasing each other, and Hanja letting down his austere shield (among other scenes) add depth and complexity to the characters. So good.

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment

An excellent place to draw things to a close on this part of the story. There are still so many intriguing open threads and I’m very excited to see what you have in store for us next. What I’m most looking forward to:

- Kalian developing his skills and seeing how he and Talon’s magik might work together 

- Watching the politics unfold of how they work around the treason charges and put Anders in his place

I’m so tired now that I’ve stayed up late to finish this chapter. A page turner for sure! I’d love to continue singing praises but I don’t have any coherence left. On to the next installment!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Man, that was freaking AWESOME! Relished every delicious, violent, bloodthirsty, gory, smutty, rainbows and sunshine drenched word! And mmm mmmm that soup was tasty!!!

You did it, boss, you delivered.

Very much looking forward to arc 2 but definitely gonna revel in the afterglow of this one for a bit first.

Whew, what a ride...

So good.

So.feckin'.good.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..