Jump to content
    dkstories
  • Author
  • 69 Words
  • 3,478 Views
  • 14 Comments
Message added by Myr

As noted at the start of this story, the conclusion of this story is not satisfactory.  This is the sort of thing that happens when readers drive an author past his breaking point.  Keep this in mind when you write comments, send PMs, and otherwise post about a story.

Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Mature story contains dark themes involving graphic violence and taboo topics that may contain triggers for sensitive readers. Please do not read further if this bothers you.

Dawn of Tears - 33. Final Chapter

Well, after the Israeli incident, the history books pretty much tell the story from there. President Jacobs died in a nuclear blast, my brother and I helped usher in the Great Republic of God, and then twenty years later we helped overthrow that same government. I hope that the future brings you more joy. For now I'll end my life in bed, with the man I love.

I had wanted a better ending for this story, but after such a long delay enough readers have demanded I finish this story I decided to give them what they wanted.
©Copyright 2008; All Rights Reserved
  • Like 10
  • Love 4
  • Wow 2
  • Sad 4
  • Angry 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I’m sad that the story has to end, although I think the way that you ended it was good. Dylan knows that his brother passed away already even though no one has told him, it was because of the bond they shared that he knew the exact moment it happened. I’m proud of what Dylan, Henry and those who were bonded to him accomplished in just a few years including the deaths of the brother and sister who were the whole reason for the Great Oil Crisis. Thanks for such a great story. I like how Dylan decides to close out the memories of his and Henry’s accomplishments by saying that for now he’s going to just lie in bed with the man he loves. I have thoroughly enjoyed the story. Again Thank You for this great story.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Seriously?!? Well 💩! I definitely do not like this ending.  I've so enjoyed getting to read this story, and to just have it stop this way is no bueno. I'm sorry to hear that others pushed you to end it far sooner than you wanted to. Personally,  I would love to see more of it, but that's just me. Thank you for sharing with us!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Thanks you for 32 great chapters.I feel you let the readers of the 32 chapters, who got very involved in this story, down. Sad. Having said that, thank you for the 32 chapters. They are some of the best writings on Gay Authors.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. DK passed away? I knew his partner and long time GA admin/mod passed, but I hadn't realized DK had as well.  Can anyone shed some light? Myr?

  • Like 1
Link to comment

In the review section (the very front page of this story), Myr makes note that dkstories is no longer associated with GA, nor does Myr expect him to associate anytime in the future. Myr also tells us that he has no idea of any life-situation that dkstories may be in, or not.

 

Not having read this before (though I can't say why I haven't - I loved the Do-Over series), I have no idea of the amount of time that passed between chapter 32 and this one. I can only surmise that regardless of the time passage, enough readers became belligerent with Dan and this was the result.

 

As a reader, we more often than not, have no clue what's going on in an authors life. Real Life Issues? Writers block? We just don't know. Readers should therefor always be careful of what they ask of an author of FREE stories. We should also reflect on how we ask as well.

 

"[E]nough readers have demanded I finish this story I decided to give them what they wanted."

  • Like 3
Link to comment
9 hours ago, Billy Martin said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. DK passed away? I knew his partner and long time GA admin/mod passed, but I hadn't realized DK had as well.  Can anyone shed some light? Myr?

From Myr 

 

"dkstories is literally no longer with us.  I do not know his life status.  He left his works with us at Gay Authors and is never expected to return.  I have therefore not marked him as deceased as I don't know if he is or not."

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
On 9/9/2018 at 1:23 AM, mmike1969 said:

From Myr 

 

"dkstories is literally no longer with us.  I do not know his life status.  He left his works with us at Gay Authors and is never expected to return.  I have therefore not marked him as deceased as I don't know if he is or not."

 

Thank you Mike. At one time he activated another web page for his stories, I guess I shouldn't have deleted the saved page. I knew at the time GA had the rights to some, if not  most of his stories. After his partner died, I lost track of him.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
On 9/8/2018 at 7:14 PM, Ordu378 said:

 

"[E]nough readers have demanded I finish this story I decided to give them what they wanted."

 

That wasn't my question, but thanks.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

This "Chapter 33" sucked.  I would have liked a summary taking us to the present but oh well.  I'm grateful to have read such a fantastic and unusual tale.  I'll never forget it.  It was an enjoyable fantasy.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Very well written, prose excellent. I was however very disturbed over a total lack of understanding of the division between the two principle branches of Islam and their antipathy for each other, often leading to extreme violence. I am also surprised that any one who is obviously intelligent should have made a mistake all too common in the USA of mistaking the Biblical Philistines, an Aegean people brought in to Palestine by the Ancient Egyptians to act as a buffer between Egypt and the Hittites.  Palestinians on the other hand, are Arabs, almost 400 million in today's world, all of whom are Semites, and approximately 30% of whom are Christians. The conflict between Arabs and Israelis exists only since the 1940s. Prior to that the Arabs for centuries were the only people who gave Jews asylum and a safe haven and security, so no they have NOT been enemies for time immemorial. I am also surprised at the continuous error in thinking that the Iranians/Persians are members of the Arab race and culture. Persians/Iranians are NOT Semites, like the Arabs and the original Jews, they are Indo-Europeans and the original Aryans, who have a great deal shared antipathy with the Arabs.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I ENJOYED THIS AUTHORS (DK) WORKS AS POSTED TO THIS SITE..........I AM GLAD IT IS ENDED  AND ENJOYED IMMENSELY THE STORY AS IT WAS WRITTEN AND ENDED. SOME SEEM TO FEEL THEIR OPINIONS MEAN SOMETHING TO THE AUTHOR AND THE OTHER READERS  ....... THEY MOST LIKELY DO NOT.  STAN

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..