Jump to content

His Story

   (2 reviews)
Genres: General Fiction
Sub-genres: Drama
Cover 002 -1.jpg

Modern gay life is hard enough, with homophobia, bar culture and dysfunctional relationships, but how do you navigate it carrying the baggage of the ex-gay movement?

Chris was involved with an ex-gay organisation as a teenager, after a breakdown he broke away from them. Now, as an adult, Chris is trying to live as an out gay man but the baggage of his past keeps pulling him back.

So often the damage does not stop when the abuse does.

This six-part story asks how does someone come to terms with the aftermath of the ex-gay movement.

 

This story, in a way, is a companion piece to my story Keeping the Faith, though it is about different characters.
Read Keeping the Faith here:
 
I want to thank @rec , another GA member, who did a fantastic job of editing this story. Check out his profile and follow him here.
Copyright © 2019 Drew Payne; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (4 members)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 0
  • Characters 4
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 0
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 1
  • Tearjerker 2
  • Unique 3
  • World Building 0

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Gary L

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

I recently read a v long story  which was v good , except for one thing. there was zero emotional content. Whereas here we can see the emotional damage suffered by young vulnerable gays.  

I think that this is an exceptional piece of writing.

i strongly recommend this and other writings by the author.

  • Like 4
  • Love 3
Link to review
Mikiesboy

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

This 6-part story is sad because of the subject matter, however it is because of the subject matter this piece demands reading.

People should not have to fight to live and enjoy their lives, not because of who they love. In Drew's blurb about this story, he tells us life for Gay people is hard enough without interference from outside forces. Our children should not be told they are wrong for being Gay or Trans or anything else. Life itself is a huge enough challenge without that.

Drew shows us one such life and fallout from fighting who you were born to be.

Do not pass this one by.

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..