Jump to content
    FrankD
  • Author
  • 1,859 Words
  • 3,240 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Fourth Down - 14. Chapter 14


“Oh Fuck!!!” Dale screamed in fright, as he just about leapt from the couch.

We had decided to try and take our minds off the drama of the coming court case, by him playing Resident Evil 7 in VR with me watching. He had just gotten up to a jump scare, where a character suddenly pops up right in front of you, and throws you backwards. It was hilarious. And no way am I telling him I jumped too. We had decided on him playing as I just enjoy watching him play. It sometimes feels like we are both playing, as I will help him out with puzzles, and we speculate on what is going on in the story.

“Looks like Ethan needs a hand.” I laugh at my own joke, as the main character has just had his hand severed.

“You are dumb.” Dale laughs. “This game is so much scarier in VR.” he adds.

My phone suddenly blares, causing Dale to let out a high pitched squeal, as the ringtone alerts me that someone is trying to get a hold of me.

“It’s just my phone, Hon.” I smile in amusement.

“I know. Didn’t scare me at all.” He tries but fails to deny.

“Hehe, sure babe.” I say as I gently squeeze his thigh, causing yet another jump from him. Smiling, I answer the phone. “Oh hi Mom.”

“Hi Dear, how is my boy doing.”

“I’m ok Mom, just watching Dale scare the pants off of himself.” I smile. Dale just smirks in response. “How are you and Dad?” I ask my Mom.

“We are good.” She says. “I am just phoning to let you know that your Dad and I are coming down a week before the trial.”

“Oh, it would be great to see you and Dad again, but are you sure you can afford it?” I ask, knowing that the trip would most likely cost them an arm and a leg.

Something I said must have caught Dale’s attention as he has paused the game and taken off the VR headset. He is now just looking at me, probably paying attention to what I am saying.

“Don’t worry about us Dear, your Father and I will be staying at that lovely motel we stayed at last time.” She said.

“Lovely?!” I ask, “That motel was a pitt! There were roaches all over the place!” I add.

“They can stay here with us.” Dale whispers, seemingly knowing what we are talking about.

“Mom, you can stay with us.” I say, silently thanking my sweet boyfriend.

“Nonsense, Honey. You don’t have a spare bed, and we are not going to put either of you on the couch.” Mom said.

“Um Mom, we have a spare room now.” I say, somewhat tentatively, even though I know they would be happy for Dale and I to be in a relationship.

“What do you mean, you have a spare room… oh Honey, are you saying you and Dale?” She asked excitedly, causing me to grin massively at Dale.

“That we are together?” I ask, drawing out the moment a little longer. “Then, yes! We are!” I gush.

All I can hear is a squeal coming from the other end of the phone. “Oh Honey that is such good news, I am so happy for you Sweetheart.”

“Thanks Mom. We wanted to tell you this in person.” I tell her.

“That’s ok Hunter.” My Mother reassures me. “We will be flying in on Friday evening, I will message you the details sometime this week.” She added.

“Thanks Mom. Dale and will make sure to be there before you land to pick you up.” I inform her.

“Thanks Dear. I love you and send our love to Dale.”

“I will, and I love you too, Mom. Send Dad our love too, and that we are looking forward to seeing you both on Friday.” I say.

After hanging up the phone, I pull Dale into and embrace planting a kiss on his temple. He just snuggles further into me, with his arms around my waist and his head laying on my chest.

“Mom sends her love.” I gently enform him. While pulling him backwards to lay on top of me, the game now forgotten.

“That’s nice of her,” He says, “Did she say when they will be coming?” He asks.

“Friday evening.” I say.

“Hmm,” He says, “How about we go shopping for new sheets for my old bed, so that they have something fresh to sleep on.” He says while looking into my eyes from above.

Squeezing him tighter, I say, “That sounds like fun, and we can move in the rest of your stuff from your old room into ours.” I say. It’s still hard to believe that we have only been a couple for a few days now, and just yesterday I met his parents. Usually one meets their lover’s parents a few months into the relationship, but our case is special I guess and I could not be happier.

“That sounds doable.” He smiles, “Now if I remember correctly, someone mentioned my pants being scared off? Well they are still on, maybe we should rectify that.” He says flirtatiously, as his lips descend upon mine. My fingers of one hand getting entangled in his hair, while the other is on his pert ass, pulling him into me, causing him to moan in our kiss. Clothes then suddenly disappear from our bodies as we begin christening the couch with our love for each other.

***

“So what have you got planned for tonight?” Maddox asks me, after a particular grueling practice session.

“We are heading to the mall to look at new bedding.” I tell him as we enter the showers.

Thankfully I have not had another episode since that first one, probably cause my teammates have been watching what they say around me, I just wish they didn’t have to. My therapy sessions could also be a factor, I just don’t seem to be as sensitive as I was a few months ago.

“What, you and Dale have already ruined the ones you have?” He smirks

“No you ass, we are not the sex maniacs unlike you and Evan.” I laugh. Oh the stories I have heard. If what Evan has been saying is true, they have been acting like a couple bunnies in heat. I just laugh at the mental thought. “We are looking for new bedding for the spare room, as my parents are flying in on Friday.” I tell him, as we take two showers next to each other.

“Mind if Evan and I tag along? We too are in need of new sheets.” He tells me. His face red, and I don’t think it has anything to do with the heat of the shower.”

“Sure, it shouldn't be a problem.” I tell him. “Maybe we can go and grab a bite to eat as well.”

“Well if we do that, then we should go and see that new Mortal Kombat movie and make it a double date.” he says with a grin.”

“I don’t see why not, I’ll talk to Dale about it when he picks me up. Then we can meet you both at the mall.” I tell him.

“It’s funny.” He says rather wistfully.

“What is?” I ask, confused.

“I just always saw us doing this with girlfriends. Me with Olivia, and you with a girl of your own. But here we are, me with Evan, and you with Dale. We both have boyfriends, and I could not be happier.” He says with a big smile.

“You and Olivia seemed like endgame to me.” I tell him. “But I have never seen you happier, and it makes me smile seeing both you and Evan so happy.” I say slapping his wet shoulder.

“Thanks man, now let's finish up so we can meet our boys.” He grins.

With that we both finish our showers, then begin getting dressed after drying ourselves off, and saying ‘goodbye’ to any remaining teammates as we leave.

As we enter the parking lot, we find both Dale and Even, chatting in front of Dale's car.

“Hey Baby.” Maddox says, taking Evan in his big arms, and placing a kiss on his boyfriend's lips. “Miss me?”

“Always.” Evan says with a cheeky grin on his cute face.

I do the same with Dale. His kiss though makes me forget where we are, as I slip in my tongue and deepen the kiss. We are unceremoniously reminded of where we are with the whistling coming from our two friends.

“Hey.” We both say breathlessly at the same time, our faces flush with both desire and embarrassment. We just smile it off before giving eachother a gentle peck on the lips.

“Been waiting long?” I ask.

“Na, we just got here. Evan said something about a double date.”

“Yea, Madox was wanting to go sheet shopping with us, and we thought it would be a good idea if we threw in dinner and a movie.” I say, smiling down at the man in my arms.

“That sounds like fun.” He smiles back.

“Ok Mads and Evan, we will meet you at the mall.” I say without turning away from Dale.

“See you love birds there.” Madox laughs, as both he and Evan got into his car.

“We should get going too.” Dale says, making no effort to leave my embrace.

“We should.” I say, going in for another kiss.

Patting me on the ass, after separating from our kiss, we get in the car and make our way over to the mall. We managed to find a space, near the entrance, then made our way into the mall, meeting up with our friends.

Once meeting up, Dale led us to the store he had in mind, both couples hand in hand. There is something about being around Dale that makes me confident and not scared to hide the fact that he is my boyfriend. I guess it also helps that the most important people in my life accept us for who we are.

We managed to find a few patterns we liked, on something called ‘Egyptian Cotton’. If it is the stuff we are currently sleeping on, then my parents are in for a treat. Once we both had what we wanted, we headed for the check out and then food.

“So what are we seeing?” Dale asks as he takes a mouthful of the mouth watering steak he is eating.

“We were thinking of seeing that Mortal Kombat movie that just came out.” I tell him.

His eyes light up, as just like me we are both big Mortal Kombat fans, and he has been dying to see it ever since seeing the trailer. The topic of conversation was then taken over about what we expected the movie would be like. Then all too soon we were walking out of the cinema hand in hand, talking excitedly about what we had just seen while making our way back to our cars and heading our separate ways home.

Thank you for reading Chapter 14, hope you all enjoyed ^_^
Copyright © 2021 FrankD; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 28
  • Love 15
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Loved the chapter everything seems to be cool.Some authors like to do a chapter like that before something bad happens LOL.With the court case coming up I hope that is not the case here

Edited by weinerdog
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Wow 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, weinerdog said:

Loved the chapter everything seems to be cool.Some authors like to do a chapter like that before something bad happens LOL.With the court case coming up I hope that is not the case here

Thanks ^_^

  • Like 2
Link to comment
32 minutes ago, Philippe said:

Sleeping on Egyptian Cotton can be life altering...

celebrate formula 1 GIF

It most DEFINITELY is *sighs* :P

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Great chapter!!! Love how sweet the two couples are and I'm glad Hunter's parents are supportive.

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Modified Cub said:

Great chapter!!! Love how sweet the two couples are and I'm glad Hunter's parents are supportive.

Thank you ^_^ They are pretty sweet ☺️ As for Hunter's parents, his Mom especially, I think it helps that they know know that Dale was instrumental in their son's rescue.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Yes another "feel-good" chapter.  Things are going well for the boys and even the parent are happy - now to the trial !!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..