Jump to content
    FrankD
  • Author
  • 827 Words
  • 3,339 Views
  • 12 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Fourth Down - 18. Epilogue

just some minor edits :)

“Daddy!!!” Came the little voice from the corridor, followed by an adorable little redheaded girl of about three.

Upon seeing me standing in front of a full length mirror, she jumped into my arms. Her eyes were the same green as mine, though she had her mother’s nose.

“What is it, my sweet Angel?” I asked my daughter.

“Ethan says I can’t spwinkle my petals yet.” She said, poking her bottom lip out, and making an adorable cross face.

“Did he now?” I asked.

“Daddy!!! Mia doesn’t want to wait for you and Papa.” Came the voice of Mia’s twin brother, who was the very image of Dale.

He stood in the doorway, shyly looking down, his little glasses held on by a band secured around his head. I knelt down and opened my free arm, welcoming my son into an embrace, and kissing the top of his head.

“Thank you for watching out for your sister, lil man.” I smiled at him, getting a big toothy grin in response. “Now Mia, you know your job today is to wait for your Papa and I, before you can start sprinkling the petals.” I tell my little girl while tickling her side making her squeal.

“So this is where they are.” Came Vickie’s tired voice as she entered the room. “Mommy has been looking all over for you two.” She smiled at her children.

“Mommy, doesn’t Daddy look andsom?” Mia gushed.

“He sure does, sweet heart.” She answered, as she walked over to us, placing a kiss on both kids' heads. “And how is Daddy feeling?” She asked me.

“Excited. Who would have thought five years ago, I’d be marrying the man of dreams.”

“We did.” Evan laughed from his seat on Madox’s lap, both dressed for the day's festivities.

“Yea the amount of googly eyes you made to each other. I am just surprised this didn’t happen sooner.” Laughed Madox.

“Well we wanted to focus on our studies. And with him finishing law school soon. We had to wait.” I said, as I looked at my appearance in the mirror, making sure I looked perfect for my soon to be husband.

“How is Dale holding up?” I ask. We had to do the whole, not seeing the groom the night before the wedding thing, and I hated it. I missed him like something fierce, and don’t let me tell you how hard it was to fall asleep last night without him. Mia thought it was romantic, but Ethan missed his papa too, so he ended up snuggling with me last night.

“He is good, missed you and the kids last night.” Vickie replied.

“Five minutes hon,” My Mother said, poking her head in the door.

“Thanks Mom.”

“Come kids, let's go tell your Papa that it is almost time.” My mother said, with her arms open to her grandkids.

“Papa!!!” They both yelled as they ran towards their Grandmother.

“Almost time,” I said, excitedly. I had been waiting for this moment ever since I asked Dale to marry me, many years ago in our candle lit room.

As we made our way to the doors that led into the chapel, I saw the one thing that always seemed to take my breath away. Dale, grinning broadly at me as he held onto both of our kids.

“Fancy meeting you here.” He said to me as I approached him.

“Come here often?” I asked with a cheesy grin of my own.

Evan and Madox had taken their places at my side, while Vicky in shimmery golden dress was standing where Dale would. The chapel looked packed with family and friends. Dale’s brother and sister were there with their spouses, and their kids, who loved their cousins to death, especially little Evelyn.

“Looks like everyone is here.” I said, as my gaze swept over the many guests that had come to witness Dale and my special day.

“It certainly looks that way. Nervous?”

I just smiled at him. “I am more excited, I think.” Then looking at our children in their wedding attire. “You two ready? Mia do you have your basket, Ethan do you have the pillow?”

“Yes Daddy.” They both said in unison, proceeding to show me that they indeed have their things.

The music started playing, and little Mia walked down the aisle first, taking little handfuls of petals and dropping them here and there, on her way to the altar. Little Ethan followed shortly, avoiding the gaze of the many people seated on either side of him, his blue eyes focused on the pillow that held our rings. Once he got to the altar, he hid behind his Uncle Madox.

The music changed, and it was now our turn to walk down the aisle. Linking my arm in Dale’s we started our wedding march, smiling and nodding to those who had come. Once we got to our places, we stood facing each other.

Well there we have it, the epilogue to my first book. Thank you all for reading, and I hope you enjoyed it. I am planning at least two more books in this series, and a few other stories, in differing genres. Also a big thanks to a special friend who helped me with editing.
Copyright © 2021 FrankD; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 31
  • Love 28
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I guess your saving the details for the future stories .It would be interesting on how  they made the decision on having kids etc.Looking forward to it Thank you.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment

In spite of a rather horrible beginning, I am glad I stayed with this story until the end! Dale and Hunter are terrific characters! I look forward to reading your next story. Thanks. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Hmm... I can't say I'm particularly happy about this, to be honest. I liked a lot of what you did with this story, but this chapter is short, trite, and asks more questions than it answers. I hope to see more stuff from you in the future, but I can't say this particular chapter did it for me, especially for the last chapter in a story.

I am happy to have a more detailed discussion with you on the subject if you want to DM me, but I don't really want to go at length about it here.

Still. I understand how good it feels to get a story done! So kudos to you!

And if you loved this ending? Then that's great! Different strokes for different folks.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

I really enjoyed this story. Thank you for the time and effort and thought.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 6/4/2021 at 11:19 PM, weinerdog said:

I guess your saving the details for the future stories .It would be interesting on how  they made the decision on having kids etc.Looking forward to it Thank you.

I certainly do have plans to expands upon the unfinished plot lines. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 6/5/2021 at 2:08 AM, Modified Cub said:

A unique story with a happily ever after type ending.  Looking forward to future offerings!

Thank you ^_^

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 6/5/2021 at 4:32 AM, JeffreyL said:

In spite of a rather horrible beginning, I am glad I stayed with this story until the end! Dale and Hunter are terrific characters! I look forward to reading your next story. Thanks. 

Thank you ^_^ Chapter 4 left me quite worried to be perfectly honest, I was scared it was a little too much, but I am glad you stayed

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 6/5/2021 at 7:49 AM, Nightlit said:

Hmm... I can't say I'm particularly happy about this, to be honest. I liked a lot of what you did with this story, but this chapter is short, trite, and asks more questions than it answers. I hope to see more stuff from you in the future, but I can't say this particular chapter did it for me, especially for the last chapter in a story.

I am happy to have a more detailed discussion with you on the subject if you want to DM me, but I don't really want to go at length about it here.

Still. I understand how good it feels to get a story done! So kudos to you!

And if you loved this ending? Then that's great! Different strokes for different folks.

Thanks :) I am looking at exploring these characters more, and this chapter was more of a snapshot.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
21 hours ago, Doha said:

I really enjoyed this story. Thank you for the time and effort and thought.

Thank you ^_^ I hope you also enjoy what I am currently planing for the sequels for this one :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I must say this was an excellent story, and I'm glad I got to read it. If it had not been for me receiving a notification that another Author I follow commented on chapter 1 one of the next 4th down, I'd have missed a great story. Now I'm on to the next one.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 7/2/2021 at 10:41 AM, James B. said:

I must say this was an excellent story, and I'm glad I got to read it. If it had not been for me receiving a notification that another Author I follow commented on chapter 1 one of the next 4th down, I'd have missed a great story. Now I'm on to the next one.

Thank you ^-^ I am glad you enjoyed it. I hope you enjoy the second book as well :)

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..