Jump to content
    FrankD
  • Author
  • 1,588 Words
  • 3,466 Views
  • 9 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Fourth Down - 11. Chapter 11

It’s been a couple of months now since I left the hospital. I was still living with Dale, sleeping in the same bed, even though, technically, we weren’t exactly together. A status I wanted to change. I was feeling both mentally and physically stronger thanks to the sessions with my psychologist and physio, along with the training program my coach had set up.

My teammates also cheered me on when they would see me struggling, and help me up when I had my moments. They tried to treat me the way that they used to. But I noticed they avoided certain subjects around me so as not to trigger episodes, like what happened in the showers. As for my grades, well, that is where Dale made sure I was succeeding.

The morning light stirred me. I was in my bed, lying comfortably embraced in the arms of the one person who had my heart. Dale was still sleeping, so I allowed myself to just look at the person who held my attention. He was sleeping peacefully, with his head on my meaty shoulder. His raven black locks glistening beautifully in the sunlight streaming through the windows of my room. His kissable lips slightly parted, and somewhat smooshed against my skin, causing a pool of drool to form on my shoulder.

As I lay there looking at him, I just knew I wanted to make us official. I wanted to hold his hand, to kiss him, and to eventually make love to him. I started thinking how I was going to make this happen. I didn’t know the first thing about dating. I had been out of the dating game for so long since I stopped trying to date girls. All thoughts of dating left my head the moment I was snared by a pair of sapphire orbs, just looking at me.

“Morning.” He said, his voice thick with sleep.

“Morning to you too.” I respond. “Sleep well?” I ask teasingly while indicating the drool pool on my shoulder.

Dale’s face reddens with embarrassment. “Sorry, I only wanted to drool all over you in a figurative way, not the literal.” He smiled.

I just grab his head and give him a gentle kiss. Once released from the kiss, Dale begrudgingly got out of bed, and went to the bathroom. While he was in there, I grabbed my phone and shot Madox a text, just saying I needed his advice for something.

“What do you need?” he shot back.

“I want to ask Dale out.”

“Oooooooh. About time.”

“I want it to be special, and I want to make us official.”

“How romantic!!!” came a text from Evan.

“Huh, what’s romantic?” I ask him, confused. He must have sent that to the wrong person.

“Dale ouYou asking of course!”

“How do you know that?” I shoot back.

He then immediately sends me a selfie of him and another guy. My jaw just drops as I recognise the muscular form of Madox, shirtless, with his arm around an equally shirtless Evan. Both with massive grins on their faces.

“You guys are together?” I ask, as it seems the only logical thing.

“Yup.” came the response from Madox’s number.

Wow… I knew that they had gotten closer, I just did not expect they would get that close. Thinking back on it, Madox’s face would alway light up whenever he saw Evan walk into a room. The same could be said for Evan.

With that shock out of the way, we then discussed ways I could romance the man showering in the next room. Dinner and a movie, while it sounded fun, seemed a little cliché. I wanted something special.

The next few days were spent going to class, practice, and studying, with me researching what I would need for our special date.

We were all sitting at our usual table for lunch when Vicky reached into her purse and pulled out a few envelopes, and handed one to each of us. On the front, in a beautiful script, was my name. Inside I found a sheet of paper, with words written on it; a letter addressed to me.

“Dear Hunter

My dear, special friend. I am writing you this letter to deeply apologise. I am sorry for the way I reacted to you after your ordeal. You needed a friend, and I turned my back on you. I was supposed to support you, yet I let you slip from my grasp. All because I could not handle you being gay.

I have learned now, with the help of Vicky, that how I was thinking was wrong. I was always led to believe that two men together was morally wrong, and therefore I judged people harshly for something out of their control. Being gay is not a choice, it’s just how they are. I hope with time you are able to forgive me.

Another thing I am sorry for, is not saying goodbye face to face. I have enrolled in a different school, in a different state, and I am leaving the morning after I have written these letters. I have decided I needed a change in my life. I find myself needing a change in scenery and our school is just not equipped with what I am needing for my future career.

I sincerely hope that Dale treats you right, and that Evan does the same for Madox. I have seen the way Madox looks at Evan, and even though it hurts to say this, Madox looks far happier with Evan than he ever did with me.

All my love,
Olivia”

...She’s gone. I had hoped we could have fixed our friendship, but she has left the campus. I hope she finds what she is looking for. I look over to Madox, who is being held by Evan as he silently weeps into his shoulder. Whatever she had written to him must have affected him deeply.

“Did she say where she is going?” I asked Vicky.

“She said she wanted to go into a field where she was able to help people, so she has found a school that will help her achieve that.”

“What brought this on?” Madox asked, his eyes red and wet.

“Just some of the things she happened to find online.”

We talked a bit more about Olivia’s departure, and what that meant for our group, before heading to our second class of the day.

***

That Friday evening I had everything I needed in the trunk of Dale’s car.

“Where are we going?” He’d ask every now and then, as I directed him to our destination using an app on my phone.

“Wow.” He gasped, upon reaching our desired spot. We were on top of a hill that looked over the college town. We could see small lights twinkling beneath us in the darkness, coupled with the stars shining brightly above. Soon, I had a blanket layed out on the ground with a picnic basket filled with goodies for us to eat, with a chilled bottle of wine, and a bottle of water.

“This reminds me of the coffee we would drink outside of the library.” Dale said after a few minutes of silence.

“Yea. I had the biggest crush on you back then.” I smile at him.

“I might have noticed.” He smiles back.

We just take a few moments to look into each other’s eyes, our fingers entwined.

“Dale?” I ask, thinking it was now or never.

“Hunter?”

“I was thinking,” I say to him.

“Oh? And what were you thinking?” he asks, looking at my lips.

“I was thinking,” I let out a breath. “That since you like me, and I like you, we could, you know...”

“Know what?” He asks, suggestively. He sure is not making this easy for me.

“That we become… Official.” I say, just above a whisper. Gee, this man can leave me breathless sometimes.

“Are you sure?” He asks, looking me in my eyes. His were reflecting the sparkle of the lights both below and above.

“I am. I have been wanting this for a while now.” I say to him.

“I have too.” He says, bringing his face closer to mine. Our lips touching.

I inhaled his intoxicating scent, which seemed to spur me on and deepen our kiss. One hand travels up his slim body, up to his face, pulling him in closer, then traveling around to the back of his head. His fingers entangled in my hair. I lean into him and gently push him on his back, our lips not leaving their place against each other. Once he is on his back, I gently lower myself on top of him, making sure not to crush his smaller frame.
I can feel his arousal grinding against my hip. I in turn grind mine into him, causing us both to groan pleasure.

“I love you, Dale.” I whisper, coming up for air and resting my forehead against his.

“I love you too, Hunter,” he whispers back, pulling me back in for another epic make out session.

***

As we were pulling into Dale's spot at the apartment, I felt my phone vibrate, forcing me to readjust myself from having my head resting on Dale’s shoulder. Pulling out my phone, I see it is Detective Bullock. Hmm, I wonder what he might be needing?

“Hello Detective,” I greet.

“Hi Hunter. Sorry for phoning so late, but I thought you should know that Mayson is awake.”

Thank you for reading Chapter 11 ^_^ I hope you all enjoyed it
And thank you to a good friend of mine for helping me edit :D
Copyright © 2021 FrankD; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 28
  • Love 16
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Good move by Olivia I'm sure it was done by Vicky input.Some people just leave without sayin anything so this is at least something.

Mayson has been in a coma ALL this time?Detective Bullock must have already questioned Mayson I think he would do that first before telling Hunter.What interesting timing the night Hunter and Dale become official Mayson wakes up

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Great chapter! Olivia is off to try to grow up. Then the phone call.....can’t wait!

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
10 hours ago, weinerdog said:

Good move by Olivia I'm sure it was done by Vicky input.Some people just leave without sayin anything so this is at least something.

Mayson has been in a coma ALL this time?Detective Bullock must have already questioned Mayson I think he would do that first before telling Hunter.What interesting timing the night Hunter and Dale become official Mayson wakes up

Thank you :D Olivia leaving to better herself is definitely a good thing, and Mayson has some good timing, and probably watches too many soap operas :P

  • Like 2
Link to comment
3 hours ago, mfa607 said:

Great chapter! Olivia is off to try to grow up. Then the phone call.....can’t wait!

Thank you ^_^

  • Like 2
Link to comment

How romantic of Hunter! Way to go! And i knew Madox and Evan would get together. Good for Olivia in finally realizing the error of her ways.  Great chapter - can't wait to see what that phone call reveals!

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 4/17/2021 at 10:19 AM, Modified Cub said:

How romantic of Hunter! Way to go! And i knew Madox and Evan would get together. Good for Olivia in finally realizing the error of her ways.  Great chapter - can't wait to see what that phone call reveals!

Thank you ^_^

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Great chapter!  Olivia finally wakes-up and tries to make amends!  Mayson's timing sucks!!!  Really enjoying the story Frank.  Thank you!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
20 hours ago, KayDeeMac said:

Great chapter!  Olivia finally wakes-up and tries to make amends!  Mayson's timing sucks!!!  Really enjoying the story Frank.  Thank you!!

Thank you ^_^ I am glad you are enjoying it ^_^

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Itn took me all this time, but I finally got one. One what? You might ask. One grammar error I reply gleefully!

Layed is what chickens do to eggs, laid is what a person does to a blanket. "He laid his jacket on the bed."

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..