Jump to content
    FrankD
  • Author
  • 1,895 Words
  • 3,909 Views
  • 13 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Fourth Down - 6. Chapter 6

Still in Dale's POV Also conversations about sexual assault occur.

I did not want to believe what I was seeing in front of me. In this darkened room, on a dirty smelly mattress, that seemed to be the only piece of furniture in the room, lay a man that was once so full of life and innocent naivety, now a shell of his former self. He was splayed out naked on his stomach, with his limbs bound and spread. He looked and smelled like he had not seen a shower in weeks. His body was a lot thinner than I remembered.

I remember trying to free him, so I could hold him, but was held back by Madox, saying something about police and evidence. I saw Evan touching Hunter’s wrist and neck, Olivia on the phone, and Vicky trying to offer comfort to me. I also remember Madox saying something about someone escaping.

The room suddenly burst into activity when police and paramedics arrived at the scene. We were all pushed out of the room so they could see to Hunter. Madox guided me to a couch, my eyes never leaving Hunter’s prone body. Hope flared in me as I heard Hunter let out a groan, his voice was muffled though by a ball gag that I had just noticed he had on, when he was rolled over by the paramedics. I saw them attach wires to his chest, and some sort of clip on his finger, and looking somewhat satisfied at what they saw on the monitor. They then attached an IV and some sort of clear looking fluid to him, and placing him on a stretcher, with a blanket giving back some of his modesty.

While the paramedics were seeing to Hunter, the officers that had arrived were taking pictures, and one was taking us aside individually to speak to us. They asked us how we knew the ‘victim’, what relation we were to him, and if we knew who the perpetrator was. Giving what information we had, we were then let go, deciding to go to the hospital that Hunter was taken to.

“I’ll go ask and see if they can tell me how Hunter is doing.” Madox said after he had guided our group to the seats in the emergency room’s waiting area.

“What happened to his roommate?” I asked as I had just remembered his existence, then suddenly getting angry at the realisation that it was he who had hurt Hunter.

“After we followed you into that room,” Vcky said quietly, “Madox took off after him. Apparently he was already driving off before he was even out of the door.”

“Fuck!” I slammed my fist onto the arm of my chair. I added, “If I ever see that fucker again…”

“Hunter’s parents are making arrangements to get here as soon as they can.” Evan said as he put his phone away and sat with us.

“They can’t even tell me if he is ok.” said a very defeated looking Madox, as he returned, taking the seat between both Olivia and Evan.

Evan suddenly doubled over as sobs wracked his body. Upon seeing this, Madox immediately took him into arms to comfort his friend. Saying, “He’ll be ok. He’s in good hands, Ev.”

“I can’t believe it.” Olivia said with an edge in her voice. I was about to agree when she added, “I never thought you’d use your friend as an excuse to hit on someone else's boyfriend.”

Shocked, we all looked at her. She was glaring daggers at Evan, who was even more surprised at what she said.

“Huh?” he gaped at her.

“You heard me. Hunter is fighting for his life, and you think that this is the perfect opportunity to try and convert Madox over to your disgusting lifestyle. Well I have some bad news for you. Madox is straight.” she said with venom in her voice.

“Olivia!” Madox tried to intervene

“No! He has been trying to get his faggy hooks into you since the moment he landed.” She snapped.

“First of all. Evan is in pain as his BEST friend is here, now, in this hospital, recovering, and is just seeking comfort from a friend. Secondly, my dear Olivia. I am FAR from straight as you’d like to believe. I am actually bi, or more accurately, pan.”

She looked at him with a mixture of confusion, surprise and revulsion. “What? Are you saying you’re attracted to pans?” she asked. Though I was not sure if she was being snide and sarcastic, or whether or not she knew what being ‘pan’ meant.

Groaning at this, Madox responded, “No, I am more attracted to a person’s personality, more than what they look like or what their gender is for that matter.”

“So what you’re saying is, is that you’re a freak, just like the rest of them.”

Olivia’s face suddenly snapped to the side, as Vicky had just as quickly stood up, and slapped Olivia across the face.

“While you are my friend, I will NOT have you say such ugly things to anyone, let alone to our friends while another is lying in a hospital bed.” she said harshly to a very bewildered Olivia.

Seeing she had no support with us. She went to the other side of the room.

The next few hours were sat in silence. Vicky giving me strength, while Madox offered Evan the same. Olivia sat away from us, clearly not happy about her situation with Madox, as well as being worried about Hunter.

“I’m going to look for a cup of coffee.” I inform our little group, needing to stretch my legs for a bit. “Would anyone like some?”

They all declined, so I made my way in search of a place where I could find one. Stepping outside, I noticed a small little 24 hour cafe on the corner. Thinking that would be a good place to find the caffeinated goodness, I entered.

“Did you see the accident victim that came in tonight?” I overheard one of two women in scrubs sitting in a booth behind me.

“No, my night has been spend looking after a sexual assault victim.”

“The poor guy, only in his early twenties, lost control of his car, and went head first into a wall. They were fortunate to get to him in time, but his legs were crushed so baddly we had to amputate.”
“Oh ,my God, that is terrible, How is he doing?”

“He is stable now, thankfully. What about yours, how is she doing?”

“A he, believe it or not. The poor victim was found by his friends locked up in his own apartment. It looks like he was repeatedly assaulted by his roommate. Poor guy was left both starved and severely dehydrated. It was a good thing he was found when he was. Fortunately we were able to stabilize him”

Was she talking about Hunter? Was he that bad? I am SO grateful for finding that textbook.

About an hour or two after finishing my coffee, and just being left alone with my thoughts, I make my way back to the waiting room. Upon entering I noticed our gang had increased by two, as a middle aged couple seemed to have joined us. Walking up to them, I noticed the similarities the couple shared with Hunter. Both had the same shade of red in their hair, Hunter had his mothers green eyes, while he had his father’s build and facial structure.

“You must be Mr. and Mrs. McIntosh.” I say, when I came up to them. His father shook my hand, while his mother pulled me into an embrace, both thanking me for finding their son, with tear filled eyes. I didn’t know how to respond to that.

“Has anyone heard any new news?” I asked.

“The doctors have informed us, that Hunter showed signs of repeated sexual assault. He was also quite severely dehydrated, and deprived of food. He is apparently stable now, and His mother and I will be going in to sit with him soon.” His father informed us. “We just wanted to meet you Dale, and thank you for what you have done for our son.”

Fresh tears filled my eyes at their news. Shaking my head I say, “No. It is what any normal friend would have done, and we all found him together.”

Madox pulled me into a hug, “No. If it wasn’t for you trying to get into contact with him. We would not have known he was in any danger.” he said quietly to me.

“If you want. You guys can visit him.” His mother said.

Feeling like I would be intruding, I told them I would see him after they had spent time with him. I was just grateful that he was ok.

“Why don’t you guys head on home, we’ll keep vigil here.” his mother smiled weakly at us.

So feeling a little better that Hunter was in good hands, we each made our way home. Evan was with me, as he was staying in my spare room, and Madox took the girls home.

After entering my place, I showed Evan where he would be sleeping.

“You gonna be ok?” I asked him.

He looked at me sadly before he answered, “I will be, will you? It’s pretty clear that you care for Hunter rather deeply.”

“I do, he’s my friend.” I whisper. “Seeing him in that state almost broke me. What kind of person does that to another.”

“I know, it’s kinda hard to believe it happened at all, but we saw it.” he sighed. “I’m just glad he has friends who clearly care about his well being. Thanks.”

“Why are you thanking me? I was basically useless there. You checked to see if he was still alive. Madox went after the fucker, but he managed to evade him, and Olivia was the one who called the cops. All I did was crumble at the sight of Hunter in that… room. Even Vicky had to console me.” I say, disappointedly at my how I acted.

“No.” Evan replied, while grabbing me into a consoling embrace. “You have done more than you know. It would be hard for anyone to see the one they loved hurt like that. Also don’t forget, if it wasn’t for you trying to reach out to him, we would never have found him before it was too late.” He then grabbed my head gently so he could look into my eyes, “You saved him, and for that I am grateful.”

I just lower my eyes, not really knowing how to respond. Wiping a few tears from my eyes, I nod, “Thanks. I think I am going to go to bed. I’ll see you in the morning.”

“See you in the morning.” he smiles sadly at me before entering his own room.

Once I am in bed, sleep just seems to evade me. Even though I am completely exhausted, both mentally and physically. My mind just won’t shut off. It keeps bringing up that image of Hunter on that disgusting mattress, and playing imagined scenarios of what had occurred there. No matter what, I was going to help Hunter get through this, I will help him in any way I can. With that thought I was able to drift off into a somewhat restless sleep.

Thanks for reading Chapter 6 :) I hope you all enjoy it.
Copyright © 2021 FrankD; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 19
  • Love 9
  • Sad 14
  • Angry 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

You depicted really well the emotions of Hunter's friends and family.

I think Mayson was the guy with the accident.

While it is rather sad that he lost his legs, it would be some kind of justice.

 

Edited by CaJu
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment

I agree with @CaJu I think the accident Dale overheard the ladies talking about was Mayson. I'm guessing it will be revealed that Hunter was in a drugged state all this time.If it was Mayson that had the accident he may have been unfit to drive.

After that crap Olivia said it would be very hard to stay friends with her.If it was me and I had been friends with somebody for a long time I would do some soul searching  but I would be leaning toward dropping him/her as a friend.How did Madox miss this side of her?

Edited by weinerdog
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Yes, I too will agree with the assumption Mayson was in the car wreck!  Pity!! 

Olivia, showing her true homophobic self,  probably just lost all these friends and rightfully so! .....attracted to pans??  Classic!

For your first story Frank - I must say you are doing remarkably well.  You have truly captured my interest and I am looking forward to more-more-more.  Thank you!

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to comment

I have zero sympathy for Mayson whom I also assume was the driver brought in to hospital from the car accident. If it was he, i hope that it does not earn him any sympathy when he is sentenced to prison for rape, kidnapping and anything else that he can be charged with. He will have a hell of a time escaping the clutches of Bubba now; karma has certainly paid him back big time. 

Olivia has shown her true colours, colours I feared she had. Her homophobic rant cannot be taken back. Well done Vicky for giving her a good slap. I cannot see how the rest of "the group" can remain friends with Olivia after her vile accusation, particularly when it emerges that Hunter is also gay. She should definitely become persona non grata after her outburst.

I hope Hunter's parents remain as supportive once they become aware their son is gay. To have them reject him after his horrendous ordeal would be very detrimental to Hunter's recovery, but if they are the religious bigots he fears, they well may be blinded by their hatred for "faggots".

Edited by Summerabbacat
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
45 minutes ago, Summerabbacat said:

 

I hope Hunter's parents remain as supportive once they become aware their son is gay. To have them reject him after his horrendous ordeal would be very detrimental to Hunter's recovery, but if they are the religious bigots he fears, they well may be blinded by their hatred for "faggots".

This part of your comment got me thinking.None of what I'm about to write this may happen depending on which direction the author will go.But if Mayson has lost his legs then Hunter will realize as you say karma has paid him back.Since Mayson can't really hurt anyone anymore at least not the same way perhaps Hunter may not cooperate with the police investigation or he will say nothing sexual took place the reason would be obvious he doesn't want to be outed and like any victim  would not  want the details to become public.Other factors might come up to make this more complicated.Then again I may be way off nothing new there LOL.Can't wait to find out

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
23 hours ago, CaJu said:

You depicted really well the emotions of Hunter's friends and family.

I think Mayson was the guy with the accident.

While it is rather sad that he lost his legs, it would be some kind of justice.

 

Thank you so much ^_^

  • Like 3
Link to comment
18 hours ago, weinerdog said:

I agree with @CaJu I think the accident Dale overheard the ladies talking about was Mayson. I'm guessing it will be revealed that Hunter was in a drugged state all this time.If it was Mayson that had the accident he may have been unfit to drive.

After that crap Olivia said it would be very hard to stay friends with her.If it was me and I had been friends with somebody for a long time I would do some soul searching  but I would be leaning toward dropping him/her as a friend.How did Madox miss this side of her?

Thank you

  • Like 3
Link to comment
17 hours ago, Parker Owens said:

The dynamics of this friend group must leave them all on edge. This definitely shows in this chapter. 

hehe thank you, I am not sure if this is good or bad but I am hoping good :P

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
17 hours ago, KayDeeMac said:

Yes, I too will agree with the assumption Mayson was in the car wreck!  Pity!! 

Olivia, showing her true homophobic self,  probably just lost all these friends and rightfully so! .....attracted to pans??  Classic!

For your first story Frank - I must say you are doing remarkably well.  You have truly captured my interest and I am looking forward to more-more-more.  Thank you!

Thank you so much, that is high praise ^_^ and don't worry more will be coming :D

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
14 hours ago, Summerabbacat said:

I have zero sympathy for Mayson whom I also assume was the driver brought in to hospital from the car accident. If it was he, i hope that it does not earn him any sympathy when he is sentenced to prison for rape, kidnapping and anything else that he can be charged with. He will have a hell of a time escaping the clutches of Bubba now; karma has certainly paid him back big time. 

Olivia has shown her true colours, colours I feared she had. Her homophobic rant cannot be taken back. Well done Vicky for giving her a good slap. I cannot see how the rest of "the group" can remain friends with Olivia after her vile accusation, particularly when it emerges that Hunter is also gay. She should definitely become persona non grata after her outburst.

I hope Hunter's parents remain as supportive once they become aware their son is gay. To have them reject him after his horrendous ordeal would be very detrimental to Hunter's recovery, but if they are the religious bigots he fears, they well may be blinded by their hatred for "faggots".

I don't think mny would feel sorry if that was indeed Mayson in the crash. Olivia sure has shown her nasty side here, we will just have to wait and see how both she and Hunter's parents react to him being gay. :)

and thanks :D

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
13 hours ago, weinerdog said:

This part of your comment got me thinking.None of what I'm about to write this may happen depending on which direction the author will go.But if Mayson has lost his legs then Hunter will realize as you say karma has paid him back.Since Mayson can't really hurt anyone anymore at least not the same way perhaps Hunter may not cooperate with the police investigation or he will say nothing sexual took place the reason would be obvious he doesn't want to be outed and like any victim  would not  want the details to become public.Other factors might come up to make this more complicated.Then again I may be way off nothing new there LOL.Can't wait to find out

I am glad you can't wait to find out what I have been cooking up for this story, I hop you won't be left disapointed :D

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

I can see Mayson not being prosecuted for rape if Hunter does not see his way clear to testifying against him because of his reputation as far as football is concerned. So if Mayson is prosecuted it would have to be for kidnapping only as that is a prima facia case. That will please Bubba. I do not know about a suitable punishment for Mayson however. Losing his legs is a condition of karma. Maybe Bubba will step in at that point! Do states have jails suitable for double amputees?

Olivia is a problem as far as the remainder of her friends are concerned….she may have earned isolation by her attitude, but I don't believe she will be treated cruelly by them, in spite of her homophobia.

I am also concerned about Hunter's parents – they may just isolate themselves in 'self-rightiousness and religious biggotry', saying that Hunter got what he deserved. Religious biggots don't change their spots easily; just look at all the 'schools' and 'camps' they sponsor to make their gay children 'straighten up'.

Hunter will recover from the starvation and rape physically, but something like that can scar him mentally – at best he will need counseling by professionals.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..