Jump to content

The Silken Web 0. The Silken Web

   (2 reviews)
Genres: General Fiction
Sub-genres: Prompt

A rather dark tale, at least in the first part.

Written using Prompt 532

A story inspired by Writing Prompt 532
Copyright © 2016 Ivor Slipper; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (1 member)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 0
  • Characters 1
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 1
  • Feel-Good 1
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 1
  • Tearjerker 0
  • Unique 0
  • World Building 0

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

raven1

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

This is a well written short story that started with a prompt.  The first chapter is a bit dark, but it is balanced with a second chapter that shines with hope.  This is a great read of angst conquered by a bit of romance.   I recommend this as a great read when pressed for time, or as a sampler of the author's talent and style.

Response from the author:

Thanks for the Review @raven1.

That first  chapter really did need something to counterbalance it.

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to review
chris191070

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

A great story from Ivor that started off with a prompt. The first chapter made difficult reading in parts, but it was well written and the trauma that Brandon sufferered was described without to much graphic detail. The second chapter showed the healing Brandon goes through and how he found love and was able to finally break free from the horror that Chuck did to him.

I would recommend this as a great story if you fancy a quick read, but bear in mind the first chapter is difficult reading in parts.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..