Jump to content
    JACC
  • Author
  • 55 Words
  • 380 Views
  • 3 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Musings of a Wordsmith - 15. Reset

Guess I've already told that I love playing with words. Years ago I tried to make sense of a not-so-nice personal situation by writing a poem with so good as no verbs. Here you can read a version in English...

Loneliness
without being alone

Pain
without a body

Fear
without phobia

Karma
without hope

Light
with shadows

Matte
darkness

Solid
air

Dry
Water

Unstoppable
strength

Unavoidable
destiny

Inevitable
fate

Unspeakable
drive

Elusive
understanding

Turmoil
inside

Crisis
at the crossroad


Fatal
error

 

Reset

Loneliness
in company

At the end of the day
loneliness.

Copyright © 2021 JACC; All Rights Reserved.
  • Love 4
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

1 hour ago, Parker Owens said:

What an interesting challenge you set for yourself. You can take pleasure in your success! 

Thanks, @Parker Owens, love that you find time to comment.

  • Love 2
Link to comment

I wholeheartedly agree with Parker. The poem reads like the flipping of a switch on and off. I guess the trick is doing it until the light stays on nice and bright

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..