Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Puppy for Sale 3.19 - Life After Greenstone - 1. Temper, Temper

"You're not seriously wearing that, are you?"

"It's new… and expensive. Anyway, what's wrong with it?"

"It's camp."

"Uh, duh, Hunter, we're going to a gay club."

"Uh, duh, Puppy, no, we're going to a straight club doing a gay night. And anyway, Babe, dressed like that, makes you look, well, available!"

I rolled my eyes and headed back into our bedroom. I looked in our full-length mirror at my shiny silver shirt and tight cream jeans. I thought I looked fine, but now I had my doubts. He was good at that... Hunter, I mean. Putting doubts in my head. Sometimes I almost felt like I was not in control of my own life.

"I'll get changed," I called. "And turn that game off; you need to get ready!"

Hunter came through to the bedroom where I was removing my jeans. "You do love me, don't you?"

"Huh? Of course, I do. Hunter, we've been together two years. We have a place together. If I didn't love you, why would we do all that? Become all this? You just... you just frustrate me sometimes."

Hunter shrugged. "I Dunno why I asked. It's just you always like going out, and when you do, you kinda dress… well, suggestively."

"Suggestively? Hunter, it's called fashion.! I know you would probably quite happily go out in the overalls you wear at your brother's workshop, but I just, like…."

"To look nice, yeah, I know. And you do. Look nice, I mean."

"Well, I'm changing anyway. I'm thinking cardigan and tweed slacks."

Hunter ogled my comment and walked over to our closet. "Jeans and t-shirt, okay?"

"No, put a shirt on. Make it a tight one… shows off your body."


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


We arrived by taxi to the club, and Hunter gorped at the queue as we got out. I paid the driver giving him a couple of quid tip with a smile. We headed to the back and took our place, with me shivering a little in the cool Autumn air that swirled around the building.

It had been a long week, and when we both say that, which we did, it usually meant us getting out and doing something to close off the previous days of work. In truth, we struggled financially, but as I said to Hunter, it made it more rewarding when we did have a chance to go out together. I didn't mind struggling like he did. I knew that struggling meant we were doing on our own, making a young life, and starting at the bottom of the ladder as so many young people do.

Our flat was nicely decorated. We'd painted it ourselves. I mean, sure, the place was filled with cheap furniture purchased from Amazon, but at least we'd paid for it and not been bailed out by anyone.

"You okay?" Hunter asked, dragging me from my thoughts.

"Yeah, just away with the fairies somewhere."

"This line is moving pretty fast. So what were you thinking about?"

"Money, and what I'm going to drink when we get in there."

Hunter put his arm around me. "We'll be fine."

"I hope so. I refuse to take any money off mum and dad."

"And we won't have to. We just have to take things easy and see nights like this as a treat."

I looked up at Hunter and kissed him. "Yeah, let's not talk money in a club queue." Hunter chuckled as we were approaching the doormen.

"ID please," one of the men said to me as we reached the entrance. He was a colossal being, shaved head and a thick long black coat that hugged his apparent muscles. I pulled out my driving license and passed it over. Hunter, as usual, was not ID'd, which he always said made him sad. The steroid filled muscle Mary twice looked at the card and twice looked at me, before handing back my card. Finally, he waved us through with the same emotionless face he'd had while checking me out… in every sense of the word.

Walking down the stairs, lit up in a rainbow hue, we could hear the bass of the music reverberating off the walls. It came into total clarity as we pushed on the double doors leading onto the venue's perimeter.

"Always the same people," Hunter shouted to me as we walked towards the bar.

"We've only been here three times."

"What?"

"I SAID WE'VE ONLY BEEN HERE.... doesn't matter." I tried again but was too near the speakers. We walked past the vortex of noise and leant against the bar waiting for the barely eighteen-year-old skinny camp guy to finish serving two bears that were smitten with him. I had to roll my eyes.

"That is exactly what I don't want you to dress like," Hunter said. I quickly slapped his hand down.

"Don't point! Behave. And anyway, I wear that shit much better."

Hunter laughed at my vanity. Purely because I was not vain, so it probably sounded strange to me saying something like that.

"Hey, you guys, oh and so handsome too. What can I get ya, darlings?"

"Pint of Amstel, please," Hunter replied in a remarkably straight tone. I giggled.

"Erm, Vodka and Coke please?"

"Coming right up gorgeous," The barman sprouted his hands at us and grinned before mincing off to get our order.

"Are they born like that?" Hunter asked as we stood waiting.

"What do ya mean?" I asked, looking over at the barman.

"Well, all the camp voice and the way they gesture at you and walk. What can I get ya darlings," Hunter mimicked, making me belly laugh. "You know I never met anyone quite that camp, even in my dark days of cruising outside Heaven."

I shrugged. "Meh, I dunno; he is what he is. Oh, and please don't do that voice. You're too good at it."

"Oh fuck off, babe, I just can't be like that."

"And you're not. Anyway, just let people be. He obviously feels comfortable being the way he is, and good luck to him."

The barman came floating back over to us, placed our drinks down on the chunky marble bar, and smiled.

"Is that everything you ya darling?"

"Yeah, thanks," I replied, getting out my wallet. "Can we run a tab?"

"Sure, if I can just take your card or deposit? This round was seven-pound forty, okay darlings?"

I handed my card over, and he dutifully placed it in a glass at the back of the bar before going on to the next customer.

"Well, that was an ordeal," Hunter disclosed as we took our drinks and went on a wander. "You wanna go sit for a bit until it livens up?"

"Sure," I replied, pointing. "How about over there."

"Arrgh, there's two other guys on that table."

"Well, it's the last sofa left," I declared, looking around for any other places to sit. Seating was not plentiful, with approximately twelve or so sofa's scattered around in pairs facing each other, a rustic coffee table in the middle. We went over and fell into the last available sofa with our drinks and looked around at the filling club.

"You gonna actually dance tonight?" I asked, smirking at Hunter. He didn't look impressed.

"Maybe five more of these, and I'll get up. You know I can't dance."

I gave him a disappointed look. "Hunter, everyone can dance; just move your arms and legs."

"He's right, you know," Said one of the guys sitting opposite us. He then thrust out his hand. I took it first and smiled. "What's your name?" he shouted over the table.

"Jensen," Cool name. I'm Roman. This is my parent's club." The tall, dark, manly-looking guy said as he introduced himself - his voice deep and rich above the thumping music.

Roman let go of my hand and moved to it in front of Hunter, who was looking at this unusual friendly person that seemed alien in London. It took a few seconds, but he eventually shook Roman's hand while glaring in a protective posture. "I'm Hunter, and he's taken,"

"Hunts, don't be rude!" I snapped. Roman giggled.

"It's okay, so am I. This is my partner, Olly… or Fish, whatever. He answers to both."

"Hey guys, nice to meet you," Olly said bashfully.

"I've seen you both in here before, only once. Are you coming regular to Chariots?"

"Uh, well, we've been a few times; it's nice. How long have your parents had it?"

"Hmm, about a year or so. They used to have a Pub… the Hungry Hog, down in Clarence road, you know it?"

"Oh yeah, I've seen it a few times. Just going past, you know, in a car."

"So, what do you both do?" Olly asked. Hunter seemed to relax a bit, knowing the two guys were together.

"Uh, well, I'm studying Child Psychology with the Open University… oh, and I also flip burgers at Zacks, about a mile out from here. And, uh, Hunter here is a mechanic at his brother's workshop. And you guys?"

Roman came to the edge of his seat. "I work here mostly, with my brother Joey. It's a family business. But I try and get gay night off to mingle with this one," Roman stated, stroking Olly's hair.

"I'm a barber. I just finished training about three months ago, actually. Your hair looks great, by the way, very sharp." Olly purred.

"And mine?" Hunter growled but playfully.

Olly drew back into his seat, looking nervous. "Uh, well, it's uh…."

"Yes?"

"It needs cutting. Your facial structure is quite defined in the lower half. This needs to be on show. I'd recommend a foxtail and shaved sides. You could either brush it back or crop it forward. You're dark-haired, always seems thicker. It looks great shaved."

"Well, thanks, Olly, I'll bear that in mind. Anyone for another drink?"


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Yeeeeeaaahahhh, I love this song," I roared, adjusting my moves to the new beat. Hunter had indeed had another few pints and was up trying really hard to stay in rhythm with the music. Roman and Olly had joined us and were holding hands as the music enveloped the large dancefloor. The place was now so full we were bashing into people, and drinks were going everywhere as the night was now in full swing.

"Hmm, I don't feel so good," I announced, feeling the copious amounts of vodka and Coke swish around in my stomach. "I'm uh…. I'm gonna go to the toilet."

"Ahhh, babe, you gonna vom?"

"Shut up, Hunter. I'm trying to keep it down... Right, I'm going, I've got to go, I'm going, now!"

I weaved in and out of the drunk sea of people, looking up and seeing the toilet sign illuminated across the other side of the hall. My pace quicked as my mouth began to water profusely.

I ran past a few people kissing in the corridor to the toilet and spewed up in a urinal unceremoniously, with sick going everywhere.

"Oh, WHAT THE FUCK!" a guy to the left of me screamed. "You fucking splashed me with that shit!"

"Oh my god, I am so sorry."

"Sorry? Man, this is gonna stink, not to mention stain. Are you gonna pay to have these trousers washed? They're Armani."

"Sure, look, let's exchange numbers. I am happy to pay for the cleaning; it's the least I can do." I held out my hand to shake his, hoping to calm him down.

"I'll shake your fucking hand when you've washed them," he said, pushing me towards the sink. "So, do you have a name?"

"Jensen. And really, I am sorry. I just drunk too much."

"Yeah, it looks like it. Good job. I was about to leave anyway. Name's Clayton. You wanna come back with me?"

"Sorry?"

"To my place. You wanna come back?"

"Erm, I'm actually with someone."

"I'm not surprised, and that's cool. Is he here?"

"Oh yeah, he's out on the dancefloor. Listen, I'll give you my number, and I'm flattered, but…."

"Your loss. Anyway, what's your number? Here, just put it in my phone."

Clayton handed me his phone, and I began putting my number in. Which was totally innocent, but I expected Hunter didn't think so, as he walked in to find me.

"What the fuck are you doing?" he growled.

"Oh, well, I was sick and look, I splashed Clayton's white jeans."

"Oh, on first name terms already, I see."

"This yours," Clayton asked as I handed his phone back to him.

"Oh yeah, he's my partner, this is Hunter, Hunter, meet Clayton.

They both shook hands, glaring at each other. "Your toy is cute. I would have fucked him if he weren't with you," Clayton brazenly announced, smirking.

"Erm, excuse me, I do have a choice," I cut in before Hunter could speak. Come on, Hunter, let's go."

"Hey, I'll take a picture of the receipt, yeah and WhatsApp it to you?"

"Yeah, yeah, sure," I said, pulling on Hunter's wrist to get him out of there. We walked back towards the seating area, and I took Hunter in my arms.

"That fucking arrogant prick!" Hunter spat.

"Look, calm down. Remember, you cannot afford to get into any more fights. Right?"

"Yeah," he muttered.

"RIGHT?"

"I said yeah, okay. Can we go? I don't feel like dancing anymore."

"Remember you did promise Olly and Roman we would grab a Chinese at the Great Wall restaurant.

"Fuck!"

"Yeah, fuck. Look, why don't we see if they wanna leave now and, well, if not, we'll grab a burger on the way home."

We wandered back into the crowd and located Olly and Roman, who were really getting into the tunes as the DJ mixed club hits, one after the other. They looked cute as they danced facing each other.
I was actually feeling much better, having thrown up. But I didn't feel comfortable with Clayton still in the building and Hunter with alcohol in his system. The two components of that could be a flashpoint.

"Hey guys," I shouted. "You still want that Chinese? We're gonna head off if not."

You guys okay? It's just warming up in here," Roman responded, bopping away and probably thinking I was mad to leave at this sort of time.

"Oh yeah, I'm feeling a bit queasy," I lied. "And Hunter is Hungry. It's really cool if you wanna carry on, after all we just met so don't feel obliged or anything."

"Olly, you wanna go eat or stay?"

"Well, it's your club. We can always come back and play the decks ourselves once it closes."

Roman smiled at Olly's idea and then glanced at me. "We'll come with you. You mind if my brother tags along? He's about to finish upstairs in the Straight arena,"

"There another club upstairs?"

"And one above that, but we don't use the top floor all that much. But yeah, there is a straight universe right above us."

"Wow, I never knew. Anyway, sure. You said Joey, right?

"Yep. Listen, let's get out of this noise. We'll meet you outside in ten minutes."

"Cool, me and Hunter will go and get some fresh air then. See you at the entrance by the ropes?"

Roman nodded and headed off with Olly, disappearing into the dancing chaos as I went back to Hunter, who was slumped on one of the sofas.

"Chinese or Burger?" Hunter asked, looking up at me.

"Looks like a fivesome. Come on, let's go wait outside, Roman said ten minutes."

Hunter shrugged before getting up. He downed the rest of his drink and set down the empty glass. We headed for the exit, which came out right next to the entrance.

Outside, people were still queuing to come in. I got the feeling this gay night was quite popular here, which surprised me as there was really no shortage of places to go and me and Hunter had probably been to most of them.

"Jesus, it's cold," Hunter announced, rubbing his hands together.

"No, babe, you're just drunk!"

"Well, at least I didn't hurl all my drink over someone's jeans. What a waste of money."

"Oh, don't be so dramatic. I just got a few drops on him. Anyway, it was all that dancing. It ruined my stomach. I am hungry now, though."

"Disgusting," Hunter said, frowning.

Within minutes I saw clocked the now familiar face of Roman, with Olly and new boy Joey in tow. "Hey guys, you ready?" Roman asked, clapping his hands. "Oh, and before we go, guys, meet Joey. Joey, this is Jensen and Hunter. Three times visitors to Chariots."

"Good to meet you guys. How do you like the club?" Joey asked, wearing a tight red top and short grey jacket with a fury fox-like hood. He was fit, no denying it.

"Hi Joey," Hunter said, flicking up his hand. "Shall we eat then?"

"Cool, let's go," agreed Roman as he led the way. Fuck Joey had a nice ass!

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Uh man, this is good," announced Joey, tucking into a dark and rich Special Chow Mein.

"So Joey, bit crappy working on a Saturday night, huh?" I said, making conversation. In truth, I wanted to hear his velvety voice.

"Yeah, I do every other. So next Saturday, I'll be allowed out to play."

"So, do you have a significant other?"

Roman laughed, and I saw Olly slap him.

"What's funny," Hunter asked, seeing Joey roll his eyes.

"You'll meet Jack, I'm sure. You just have to catch him when he's not arguing with this one," Roman said, playfully shoving Joey with his arm."

"Let's put it this way. My boyfriend is impossible."

"Oh, how so?" I asked.

"Meh, the honeymoon period is well and truly over in their relationship, eh Joey?"

Joey shrugged. "Jack's a good guy. He's just intense. He's a recruitment manager, and I think it's turned him into a grumpy bastard. But he can be really sweet."

"So, do you guys live local?" Olly asked as we all tucked into our eat as much as you like buffet Chinese food.

"Hmm, ten minutes in a cab." I estimated. "We could walk it but…."

"Whoa, there he is!? The puker. Hey, thanks for fucking up my jeans," a very drunk and seemingly upset Clayton shouted in the tranquillity of the restaurant.

"Who's that guy?" Joey asked, frowning.

Roman rolled his eyes. "Clayton, drunk as usual. You know him, Joey."

Clayton came over and shoved me, almost making me choke on my mouthful of food.

"Hey, dude, fuck off, yeah?" Hunter spat, turning around in a flash to glare at him.

"Ooooh, it's the pitbull," Clayton said regarding Hunter. I was holding his wrist under the table. Holding it tight, placing a downward pressure as if to tell him not to react.

"Hey Clayton, we're trying to have a meal here, yeah? Could you maybe go somewhere else while we do that?" Roman asked politely. I loved his calmness and diplomacy compared to Hunter, who was a smoking fuse whenever anyone came near me.

Being the pain in the ass people typically are when they're drunk, Clayton took my fork out of my hand and scooped up a load of food and shovelled it into his mouth with some rice dropping on my shoulder. That was enough for Hunter, who got up, his chair going flying backwards.

"I warned you, you arrogant shit. So now I'm asking you get get the fuck away from this table. I'm gonna count to three, and if your paralytic brain can't compute, I'm going to remove you to the outside and beat the fucking shit out of you. Now leave!"

I was slightly embarrassed by Hunter's blunt statement to the drunken Clayton, which had caused the whole restaurant to go quiet and our new friends to sit there, dumbfounded.

"Sorry guys, he gets agitated when people… anyway he's just protective.

Clayton just laughed, which was like a red rag to a bull, as Hunter grabbed him by the throat and pushed him back towards the door, throwing him through it. The door slammed against the wall outside, and Hunter kept pushing him until Clayton fell over backwards into the road. I rushed out to pull him off, but it was too late. He'd already landed two hard punches on Clayton's face. His lip and nose were now pissing with blood. Next was Roman, who came out and tried to pull Hunter off the guy.

"Stay away, you hear?" Hunter growled, moving away.

Trouble was. As the blue flashing lights and sirens got nearer, I knew instantly who had alerted them as I turned around and saw one of the waiters on his mobile phone looking straight at us.

Fuck.

The cop car screeched to a halt, and three Police officers came running towards us.

"Okay, guys, what's all this about.?

"He fucking hit me for no reason," Clayton screamed, pointing at Hunter.

"Right, Tell me why he is on the floor covered in blood, and you lot are standing around him. What happened.

"He came in drunk and got in my boyfriend's face," Hunter said, speaking first.

"So you did this?"

"Yeah, I had no choice. He was being an ass."

"You always have a choice, lad. What's your name?

"Hunter Kirby."

"Well, Hunter, unfortunately, I am arresting for Common Assault. You do not have to say anything, but anything you do say may be given in evidence should you be called to court. Do you understand?

"Yes," was all Hunter said.

"Here we go again, you dick!" I said to him as he was handcuffed.

"I'm sorry," Hunter whispered as he was led away and placed in the back of the police car.

I turned around to see my newfound friend's horrified faces, wondering how we got from eating food to Hunter being arrested in ten minutes.

"Guys, I dunno what to say. I'm… I'm sorry this night got so messed up.

"You're uh… you're gonna be okay, yeah?" Joey asked. "He'll spend a night in a cell and will be home by lunchtime tomorrow. Believe me, I know from experience." Joey added, trying to lighten the mood.

I tried to smile. "Not this time, I'm afraid. I'll see you guys. Thanks for a good night and really good to meet you."

"Jensen?" Joey called.

"Don't be a stranger, yeah?" he said, winking at me.

"Uh, yeah. Sure. Well, bye then."

I turned and began my walk to find a taxi rank.

Fuck Sake Hunter! I thought as I slowly walked along the busy street away from the club that had begun as such a good night. I was starting to grow tired of Hunter's bloody temper and wondered if this time, he'd be in serious trouble.

Copyright © 2021 James Matthews; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 23
  • Love 20
  • Wow 5
  • Sad 2
  • Angry 2
Thank you to all my loyal readers. Those hardcore JM cheerleaders and those who thought they'd give me a shot. I relish your feedback, reactions and comments. 
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

1 hour ago, quttzik said:

Puppy meets Saturday boy. Awesome first chapter.  We know things were not great with both Puppy and Joey in their respective stories so this meet up between Puppy and Joey leading them too being together? Hunter and Jack would make a great couple by the sounds of it.

So awesome to see these stories back and combined even.

Q

 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
22 hours ago, pvtguy said:

Loving this story from the get-go!  I love the merging of characters into a new story.  Great beginning, though I see trouble brewing for Hunter and Jensen and perhaps with Jack and Joey...

Thanks :) 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

I noted this feverishly written chapter had a few schoolboy errors dotted around. Thank you to Mark B for clearing them up. Man I need to slow down!!! 

Hope those niggles didn't dull the chapter :) 

James

Edited by James Matthews
  • Like 4
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..