Jump to content
    jamiiewhiite
  • Author
  • 2,408 Words
  • 1,477 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Summoner's Heart - 4. Chapter 4: Awakening

Edited as of 07/16/2011

Fayth slowly opened his eyes. He blinked several times. Shaking his head he tried to clear the fog that filled his mind, but still his vision didn’t clear. All he could see was utter darkness. It was a void of nothingness. Confused he looked down at his hands, seeing nothing. He didn’t possess any for that matter, no limbs at all. He had no form as far as he could tell. He was just an open thought floating in a void of nothingness. He was scared and nearing tears. He thought he might be blind when something flashed in front of him. It lasted for just a second before he could make out what it was. Trying to will himself to move forward not sure if it was making any difference.

After an uncertain amount of time, Fayth gave up. Frustrated with the situation he wanted to scream and sure as day and night, it worked as the sound echoing all around the empty void.

Hellooo…,” he tried again.

Hellooo. Hellooo. Hellooooooo,” could be heard answering back at him.

This is silly he thought, but just when he was about to retry he saw the flicker again, this time lasting longer and going back out again. It seemed closer this time he thought. It seemed to be an outline of someone. Fayth continued to try moving forward, hoping it would get him closer.

Again the flicker appeared. This time he was able to make out an outlined imagine of a young man. His eyes were closed, his head bowed. It was faint and quickly fading. “Hey,” Fayth yelled, “Wait!” What in the world Fayth thought. “Is anyone there? Please?!”

Just then a blinding light ignited in front of him and then imploded on itself. The bright light formed into a sphere and started to spin rapidly pulling the empty void into itself. Fayth wasn’t sure what was going on but he didn’t want to get sucked into it as well. He willed himself to run away, not knowing if he was making any progress. After a little while, he looked back it seemed he wasn’t being pulled into it so he relaxed as the void = shrank as yet another plane of existent came into place.

Soon the void was completely gone. Astonished, Fayth looked down on himself, seeing he was back to normal. His body was back. He was wearing a light tunic and his undergarment. The world he was now in was completely white. It was just him and the sphere, nothing else but another void. The sphere suddenly stopped and took shape, turning back into the young man he saw before. The man was completely naked and Fayth blushed, not sure if he was supposed to be looking. Trying to avoid the man’s groin he kept his eyes leveled. The man was at least six feet tall with medium light blond hair just like him and a slender, but very toned build. His hair fell over his face in a halo. His chiseled face was peaceful and serene with high cheekbones and full lips. His pale skin was flawless and completely smooth. Suddenly he noticed a pair of angel-like wings attached to the man’s shoulder blades. It was just as white as the void but shimmering and transparent all at the same time. It was the most beautiful person he as ever seen as if the God’s themselves created this perfect living statue.

“Hello again, can you hear me?” Fayth asked. Still nothing happened. His eyes were still closed and head bowed. Fayth decide to try and touch the man lightly. Just as he made contact on the man’s right shoulder, the man suddenly opened his eyes looking down at Fayth with an expressionless gaze. Startled he quick retracted his hand only to be grabbed by an arm. Scared, Fayth tried to pull back and then he was suddenly tackled down onto the ground. Next thing he knew he was being hugged for dear life by the young man. Very confused, he tried to pull himself free with no success. The young man continued to hug him tightly. He started to panic but soon gave up, suddenly for some reason he realized he was in no danger and finally relaxing into the man’s hold, finding great comfort in it. After awhile the man removed his head from Fayth’s neck and lifted it until they were both at eye level. He looked down into Fayth’s eyes. The golden eyes expressed gentleness and caring, filled with longing. Fayth smiled at the young man. The young man smiled back brightly then lowered his mouth to just inches apart from Fayth’s lips.

“Find me in the Chamber of Prophesies,” he whispered and with that the young man closed his golden eyes and connected with Fayth’s lips for a gentle kiss as all went black again.

***

Slowly opening his eyes, Fayth focused on the ceiling above. He was back in his chambers and felt his bed underneath him. He pushed himself up onto his elbows.

“Master!” Glenn exclaimed, pulling Fayth into a tight embrace. Fayth returned the hug. “I was so worried about you, your Highness.” Glenn pulled back looking into his master sparkling light blue eyes, worried as ever.

“What happened?” Fayth asked weakly.

“You fainted in the Great Hall during supper. Everyone was so worried. Your father and Elder Auron are trying to figure things out,” Glenn responded looking troubled.

“Where is my father?”

“Your father, brothers, and sister are all in the Royal Court. I was told to watch over you while you rested.

“I need to get there as soon as possible. Help me get dressed,” Fayth said as he looked out the window seeing it already dark. “What time is it?”

“It’s past Midnight. Your Highness, I think you should rest a bit more before…”

“Glenn, I know. I really appreciate your concern and I love you for it, but something is happening and I need to figure out why. Please help me,” Fayth pleaded.

“Alright, Alright. How can I say no to that face,” Glenn sighed. It got him every time. The young prince could move mountains with such a look. “For you, I will, Master.”

“Good,” Fayth said happily, giving Glenn another smile that was only reserved for when Fayth got his way.

As Glenn helped his young master dress quickly, Fayth thought about the dream he just had. It didn’t seem like any dream he ever had before. It seems almost real. He could almost taste the sweet kiss on his lips. When they finished, the two headed off towards the Centre Tower only to be blocked by two guards of the Knight Core.

“I am sorry, your Highness, but the King order us to not let anyone through,” one the Knight said.

“But…”

“Sir Knight, do not worry. I will take full responsibility for his Royal Highness. Now stand aside and let us through.” Glenn interjected sternly, standing up to his full height of over six feet.

“Err… Yes Sir Glenn.” Both Knights moved aside.

As the two walked into the Centre Tower Fayth said, “I love when you do that!”

Glenn just winked at the young prince and led them toward the north wing.

Arriving at the entrance to the North Tower, the two were surprised to find the room full of people. All were hurrying about, busying themselves with activity. Fayth saw his brothers and sister as well as the rest of his father’s Generals. All were talking to his father near the throne. It looked like they were in heated discussion. He could see his father giving out orders left and right. Not missing a beat Fayth head towards their direction with Glenn fast on his heels.

“You Majesty, the entrance to the tunnels has been unblocked,” General Gates said.

“Good. Send a unit down to check them out. How are the preparation to the Great Divider coming along, General Williams?”

“They are coming along, your Majesty. The Magji are all in position and ready to bring up the Greater Barrier if it comes to that. We also have scouts patrolling the Lonely River.”

“Good, now what about our army? Have you send word to Titus yet?”

“Yes, Father, we have sent the signal through the Mana Channels for a full state of emergency,” Alec responded.

“The Titanian Arms are gathering in the Northern and Eastern Plains,” Cris said.

“Good, good. Melissa, darling, I want you to send word to Magisite and tell them to evacuate the State. Also let the Circle know that they are on their way,” King Kailan commanded, looking very tired.

“Yes, Father,” Melissa replied.

“Okay everyone, you have your orders. Let’s get this done quickly.”

“Yes your Majesty,” the group responded.

Fayth approached his father just as the group disbanded. “Father?”

“Fayth! What are you doing here? You should be in bed,” King Kailan said, looking uneasy.

“I know, Father, but I had to come and ask you something.”

“What is it my son?” King Kailan looking worried.

“Well, I wanted to ask you about the Chamb…”

“Oh son, I just remembered something. It is your birthday today!” King Kailan looked guilty for forgetting his own son’s birthday. What with all the preparation going on, it must have slipped his mind. Bending down, King Kailan picked up his son’s small frame body. Cradling it in his strong arms he whispered, “I am sorry that we all forgot. Happy Birthday, my son,” he said as he hugged his little son tightly. “You are growing up so fast, I cannot keep up.” He was so proud of his youngest soon. Finally able to sire a Magji in the family, Fayth was truly a rare gift to him and his Empire.

“Father, Father, its okay. It’s okay,” Fayth squealed, trying to push his father away laughing. “I forgive you! I forgive you! Jeeze…,” as King Kailan loosen his hold, chuckling deeply. Fayth felt the laugh more than he heard it.

“We must set aside sometime later today to celebrate,” King Kailan promised.

Fayth wasn’t really thinking about this birthday at all. He didn’t really care. He was determined something else was much more important happening. “If we must,” he replied. “So what is the Chamber of Prophesies?” he asked point blank, looking eagerly at this father.

King Kailan’s brow furrowed, his dark blue eyes looked into his son’s, he was calculating what he was going to say. Seeing only his son’s innocence in the question he decided to ask, “How do you know about this Chamber?”

“Well, you know how I been having these dreams lately? Well I don’t think they’re just dreams. I think they might be visions,” Fayth replied back innocently, not sure if his father would like such an answer but he wanted to be honest. “An angel told me so in my dream…”

There was a long pause as King Kailan just stared at his youngest son. He couldn’t believe what he was hearing. And he couldn’t deny the fact any longer. Everything fell into place in that moment and he was scared. King Kailan never feared for anything in his entire life. He was Titanian, leader to his people. Fear was not in him or his race. But he did. Still for his Kingdom and Empire he must stay brave. Whatever was out there he will face it head on. He would teach them the might of the Empire was not a force to be reckoned with. His people will fight to survive. Elder Auron broke him out of his thoughts as he approached. He looked at his son one last time and knew what needed to be done.

“Sir Glenn, if you will.” He handed Fayth over into Glenn’s arms. As Glenn set the prince down onto his feet, King Kailan whispered into the Elder’s ear.

“Of course your Majesty. If you all will follow me then,” the Elder rushed off with the King right behind him.

“Let’s go Glenn.” Fayth pulled Glenn by the arm along with him, trying to catch up with his father.

“Where are we going?” Fayth asked curiously.

King Kailan looked down at his son and just winked. “You’ll see.”

The group arrived at the very center of the Centre Tower. Looking around the hall, Fayth saw that it was completely deserted. Everything was quiet except for the water flowing from the Fountain of the Free. The fountain was one of many highlights within the palace. It was a part of the original foundation, standing gracefully with its flowing springs, gently jetting out water. Three griffins posed in epic stance, each one standing for valor, freedom, and peace. At the very center was a statue of Titus the Brave with the sword, Gemeinhardt in hand. He became the first King of the Heart when he slain Bakku, one of the greater demons so many years ago.

King Kailan and Elder Auron approach the fountain. Auron circled the fountain once, eyes closed, whispering a silent incantation. Completing his circle the water of the fountain stopped. King Kailan stepped into the fountain and steadied himself, holding onto one of the griffin. He signaled for Fayth and Glenn to do the same. After the whole party was within the fountain, King Kailan reached into his robs and pulling out a silver necklace with an attached silver key. The silver key caught the light, reflecting brightly. Looking around towards all the hallways making sure they were not being watched, King Kailan fond a secret hidden key slot behind one of the griffin’s head and inserted the silver key. They then heard a clicking sound as though a lever was falling into place. Elder Auron then took a hold of one of King Kailan arms and with his other hand laying flatly on the statue’s surface. He mumbled a few quick incantations and then suddenly all of the griffins eyes lit up golden as all the hallways doors slammed shut. The fountain then began to descend downward.


 

Discuss this chapter?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.
You can drop me a line anytime at jamiehvu@gmail.com

Thanks for reading :]
And a bigger thanks to my editors and beta reader!

Copyright © 2011 jamiiewhiite; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..