Jump to content
    jamiiewhiite
  • Author
  • 3,652 Words
  • 1,648 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Summoner's Heart - 8. Chapter 8: Playing the Part

Edited as of 07/27/2011

Fayth woke up to find that he was in a warm embrace. Startled, he was confused and disoriented as to where he was. But a warm smile soon washed over his young face when he realized who was holding him. He was spooned from behind, wrapped in sturdy strong arms. One was around his chest as the other around his waist. He sighed contently and turned over to dig his face into the crook of Evan’s wonderful arm. He took in the sweet clean scent permeating all around him. It was heavenly. As he wrapped his small arms around Evan chest the man stirred; waking up. He was then moved on top of Evan’s chest and stomach as Fayth rose up and down with Evan’s breathing as wings enveloped him from behind.

“Good morning, little one,” Evan yawned as he pulled Fayth forward to kiss him on the forehead.

“Good morning,” Fayth replied back shyly, trying to hold back the grin he was sure would break through any second now.

“I could definitely get used to this,” Evan commented. Fayth blushed deeply as he was at a loss for words. “You feel wonderful on top of me. This is how things should be.”

Fayth nodded, “As it should…”

“When you’re around, it’s all I can do to not get lost in your presence, you’re like the center of my world and I can nearly contain myself from wanting to reach out to you,” Evan said being completely honest with Fayth.

“I… I understand the feeling,” Fayth replied back, shocked at Evan’s honesty and forwardness. He never had anyone other than his family shown him such affection. “I feel completely right and safe in your arms, I feel as if I belong here all along.”

The two looked at each other deeply, getting lost in each other’s eyes and emotions. They both broke away as Glenn entered the room. The two blushed, realizing they were both naked as Fayth only had on under garments and Evan nothing since he wasn’t able to find clothes since Fayth blacked out. They both drew up the covers, giggling at each other.

“Good, you two are finally up,” Glenn said, looking quite amused at the two boys. He was carrying a set of clothes for Evan, which he laid down onto Fayth’s desk chair as he opened the curtains and windows letting in the sunshine and air. The other two shielded their eyes and groaned. “I’ll have none of that from you two. Get up; we have a busy day ahead of us.” He then proceeded to Fayth’s closet, rummaging through it then producing an outfit for the young prince.

“Can’t we just stay in bed all day?!” Fayth pleaded, giving Glenn the ‘look.’

“Oh no, that will not work on me today, I have strict orders from your father,” Glenn said with furrowed brows. He laid down the prince’s outfit next to Evan’s and took a seat on Fayth’s side of the bed. “Happy Birthday, young Master.” He then took the prince into his arms and gave him a warm hug and a light kiss on the cheek. Fayth pressed his face against Glenn’s cheek as they hugged normally. Today, Fayth giggled at the light stubble that lined the man’s jaw. It tickled, but he liked the feel of it.

“You need a shave,” Fayth commented as the two pulled apart.

Glenn reached up to his chin, feeling the light hairs. “I guess I do.”

“I actually kinda like it, you should keep it,” Fayth replied, looking serious and then playful. Evan was watching the two intently, seeing how happy the two made each other. He was amused by their antics and longed for when he could act like that with Fayth. He was slightly jealous but he didn’t hold it against Glenn, for he knew the man loved Fayth just as much as he did.

“Hmm… I’ll have to think about it.” As Glenn thought looking at his master’s sparkling mischievous eyes, he caught on to what the young prince was up to. “Oh no you don’t, I know what you are up to and it’s not gonna work.”

“Aw, Glenn, but it’s my birthday. Can’t we have a break?” Fayth pouted.

“I know, it’s that reason why I have to get you out of bed, knowing you just want to spend the whole day in bed with Evan,” Glenn countered, feeling quite pleased with himself for knowing how his master thought.

“Fine then,” Fayth said still pouting. Evan thought the whole scene was adorable.

“I didn’t know it was your birthday?” Evan finally joined in.

“Yes it is and Fayth likes to spend it hidden away every year because he hates all the fuss.”

“I do not!”

“He does,” Glenn replied looking at Evan while raising his arms up in defeat. All Evan could do was laugh at the two.

“Whatever…,” Fayth said grudgingly, going back to full pouting.

“Don’t be like that,” Evan gently said, raising a finger to lift up Fayth’s chin. Fayth couldn’t help but smile back at the man. “I would love it if you’d let me join in your celebration,” Evan said trying to help Glenn out.

“Fine, but I’m only doing it for you,” Fayth finally said. “But I won’t like it, I’m warning you.” Fayth went back to being childish.

“This year will be different, I promise,” Evan swore. Fayth didn’t know what to say, he didn’t look convinced.

“Well, let’s get the two of you changed then,” Glenn cut in before the prince could brood anymore. He then proceeded to get up and grab the outfit set out for the prince. The outfit consisted of a light cream colored flowing three quarter sleeve v-neck tunic that dropped down to his thighs. There was also a light blue short sleeveless hooded robe over the tunic with two golden strings that tied around his neck loosely. He then proceeded to put on some fitted cream colored pants that went under some light brown fur boots. Glenn then proceeded to go back to the closet to find something he thought that was missing. “Here put this on,” as Glenn handed Fayth a long sliver chained necklace with a sapphire gem pendent. The necklace was simple, but pulled the whole outfit together as the gem brought out the young prince’s eyes. He looked perfect Glenn had to admit, thinking he’d done a fabulous job.

Evan was taken aback. Even though he enjoyed Fayth’s naked form very much, seeing the prince dressed up, looking so regal brought a new aspect of perfection to the prince’s atheistic. “You look beautiful!” Evan breathed out.

“I do?” Fayth said sounding rather unsure.

“You look perfect, just like a prince, fitting of your title I might add,” Glenn responded as Evan nodded, agreeing fully. Glenn always had a hard time trying to dress his young master. He never felt the need to flaunt his status in the Kingdom. Always trying his best to stay unnoticed even thought he knew he couldn’t.

“Well if you guys say so…,” Fayth said, still not fully believing them. He then got an evil look on his face. “Your turn!” he declared, pointing at Evan evilly.

Evan had to laugh at the amusing look Fayth was trying to give him. Fayth couldn’t look evil if his life depended on it. He would always look like a beautiful angel to Evan. “Alright, alright,” Evan said holding his hands up in surrender, looking quite amused with the whole thing. “What do you have for me?” he asked Glenn. Glenn then laid out the outfit on the bed. It was composed of a maroon sleeveless tunic with its own light hood with gold draw strings with a white cloth belt that ties around his waist and a cream pair of relax comfortable slacks that went under some comfy maroon fur boots that matched the tunic.

“Well I guess you know what to do,” Glenn said nodding at Fayth as Evan got out of the bed standing in all of his glory, looking quite embarrassed.

Fayth studied the outfit intently trying to picture it on Evan. “Are you ready?” he asked, staring at the perfect body in front of him as his cheeks reddened. Evan nodded, blushing back. “Well here goes.” He closed his eyes and imagined like the first time what Evan would look like with this new outfit on. There was a slight change in the air as Fayth opened his eyes and sure enough the clothes where off the bed and on Evan. They fit perfectly as if they were made just for him. He looked stunning, standing there as the morning sun lit up his fair skin and blond hair, as the breeze rustle his locks making them fall slightly across his face. The maroon color complimented his pale skin perfectly. The tunic was also a great fit for his body type as two slant holes were created to accommodate his angel wings. Without the sleeves to the tunic, Evan’s cut arms and broad shoulders where able to breathe in the fabric, making him look rather tough but at the same time the light hood made him look wholesome. The deep v-neck showed his toned chest and the belt accentuated his slim waist. The slacks looked comfy and polished with the fur boots. He was a sight to behold, looking like a true nobleman.

“You look great if I do say so myself, which I do,” Glenn commented, looking quite accomplished. “I do good work don’t I?” Glenn still wasn’t sure about this man Evan, but he was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and trust the man. The relationship he had with his Master seemed genuine and it made him happy; that’s all he could ever hope for. Any friend of his Master’s was a friend of his, but if he ever found a reason to not trust the man he would make it a swift grave for the man to lie in.

Fayth nodded enthusiastically, agreeing absolutely. “You look perfect,” he said walking up to Evan, checking him out from front to back. “You’re ready for the Imperial Court.”

“You really think so?” Evan replied. He loved the glint that was in Fayth’s eyes as the prince checked him out. It made him feel secure and proud.

“Absolutely! Good enough to eat!” Fayth declared as he happily jumped up into Evan’s arms laughing, clinging to Evan’s body as the two fell onto the bed.

“Enough, you two, I didn’t spend all this time working to make you look decent so for you to rip up my hard work,” Glenn chastised the two young men as they rolled around in the bed. “Now up with you two!” Glenn roared jokingly, amused at the two. The pair quickly got up and straightened themselves out, looking rather innocent. The look didn’t fool him.

“Okay, now what?” asked Fayth breathlessly. Evan snickered.

Glenn choose to ignore the two’s antics, “We will head to the Royal Kitchen to get something in your bellies and then head to the Academy to pick up your lessons since you are excused today.”

“What, that’s not fair!” Fayth said crestfallen. He wasn’t in the mood to deal with the students of the Academy today.

“It was your father’s orders. Even though it is your birthday, that doesn’t excuse you from your studies,” Glenn explained.

“Fine… Can Evan join us though?” Fayth pleaded.

“Of course, I wouldn’t have it any other way. It will give us a chance to show him around anyways and then afterward we could give him a proper tour,” Glenn replied making the prince’s day.

“Seriously?” Fayth asked, surprised.

“Seriously,” Glenn replied, grinning at the young prince.

“Did you hear that, Evan?” Fayth exclaimed. He was ecstatic. Glenn was surprised at how easy it was to please his Master. He was royalty, but never acted like it, opposite of the spoiled children of the nobility. Sometimes Glenn felt he wasn’t taking enough care of his prince but he soon realized the prince required little maintenance. All he wanted was love and that Glenn could easily supply for him. He was super humble and always worried about the needs of his people. Since the age of twelve when he was able to realize the world’s harsh realities, the prince started a foundation called Believe in Fayth, where he would collect the large portion of leftovers after every meal in the palace kitchen and order the Royal Knights to feed the poor citizen in the Commons District on Rest Day every week. This was only one of the many reasons why Glenn loved his remarkable prince and was proud to call him his Master.

Evan was relieved to be included in Fayth’s plans for he was scared to be separated from him again. He knew Fayth’s family didn’t fully trust him as of yet but he would prove himself to be an ally and someone who Fayth could depend on. He was curious about the Kingdom as well. Getting a tour with Fayth, the idea overjoyed him. “I’m ready whenever you are,” he replied, smiling at the prince’s excitement.

***

As the three entered the Royal Kitchen located in-between the Centre Tower and the west wing, smells of freshly baked bread and pastries fill their noses. Seeing the arrival of the prince, all the cooks stopped their work and bowed to the prince.

“How many times do I have to tell you guys not to bow when I enter?” Fayth responded to the staff. He thought it was a ridiculous decree when they clearly were in the middle of working just to stop and bow to him.

The Master Cook headed over carrying a bowl of eggs as he whisked away. “What can I get for you, your Highness?” the cook asked, smiling cheerfully.

“Whatever you have ready is fine,” Fayth replied, returning the smile.

“Of course, your Highness, how does some freshly baked bread with strawberry jam and an omelet sound?” the cook suggested.

“That sounds wonderful.”

“If you would then head to the Great Hall, I will have someone deliver your meals.”

“That won’t be necessary,” Fayth reasoned. “We will take our meal outside in the Courtyard.”

“Yes, your Highness,” the cook said, not surprised that the prince would want to dine with the Knights and staff. He left and went back to work, making sure to add a couple of pastries for his Highness and his friends.

“Alright then, shall we? I believe it’s a beautiful day to eat outside,” Fayth said looking at the other two.

“As you wish, Master.”

“Where ever is fine with me.”

The group headed out the side kitchen doors that led to the Courtyard. The Courtyard was used as an area for the Knights and staff to relax in, where as the Grand Courtyard located behind the Grand Hall was used for the Royal Family’s enjoyment. Fayth choose the Courtyard because he didn’t mind being around his people, plus it would have been too much of a fuss for the servants to bring such a small meal to the Great Hall.

As the group headed to the area that was set aside for meals, they were greeted by many Knights and staff members, all of whom were familiar with the young prince’s presence in their quarters. Most wished the prince a happy birthday. All were surprised by Evan’s presence though respected the prince enough to not stare. They all greatly appreciated and were honored when the prince came to dine with them. It was a way for them to be close with their prince. Most were very affectionate with the prince; many already establish small relationships one way or another through the work of Believe in Fayth. They all believed the prince would grow up to be a great man someday.

It was a wonderful day to be outside as the weather was perfect. The sun was warm against their skin as the ocean breeze kept the temperature from rising too high. The birds were singing and the surrounding gardens brought a serene atmosphere to the whole courtyard. The three took an empty table to the side and sat down to wait for their meals, as the others occupied tables conversing and laughing in merriment over their own conversations. The Courtyard overlooked the Anorak Ocean as the three enjoyed the majestic view. The waves could be heard in the background as seagulls flew over head.

Evan was speechless throughout the whole entire moment. He had never seen such peace and harmony in such a balanced way. He observed that everyone seemed to respect Prince Fayth. It made him glad and gave him all the more reason for him to love the young man. His presence did not go unnoticed he observed. Many gave him curious looks, but he didn’t mind. It was to be expected for he was a newcomer in their lands. As Glenn and Fayth talked amongst themselves, occasionally he was included, though he chose to stay silence enjoying the view as everything played out. Some of his memories returned while he was asleep and with some of the new information he remembered he felt troubled. It was not yet the time and place to reveal such things, plus it was Fayth’s birthday and he didn’t want Fayth to be bothered by the news. It would just have to wait for another day. He was determined to enjoy such times as now with Fayth before their world would be turned upside down. He realized then that this Empire must be protected and saved at all cost, for it was the home of Fayth and his family as well as their people. Gaia needed this Empire to survive for it was a place of hope. He vowed to do whatever it took to protect such a place for Fayth’s sake. He only hoped what was destined for him and Fayth could overcome the odds stacked against them.

Three cooks appeared setting down three plates of food. The smelled washed over Evan for he had not eaten in over two centuries and suddenly he was ravenous. The cooks bowed and left.

“Fayth to Evan, Fayth to Evan,” Fayth said looking at Evan with a grin, grabbing Evan’s hand and giving it a squeeze. “Where did you go?”

“Oh, sorry, I was just thinking about all of this,” Evan replied sheepishly, waving his hands at the whole scenery.

“It is pretty great, isn’t it?” Fayth agreed.

“I have lived here all my life and it still brings a tear to my eyes as how beautiful it all is,” Glenn confessed.

“Aw, you big softy,” Fayth teased. Evan grinned at the two as he shoved his trouble thoughts away.

“Softy? Softy?” Glenn said indulgently. He rose up his arms and flexed his huge biceps and said, “Do these look soft to you?” he asked.

Fayth cupped the two large biceps in his hands across from the table and squeeze a few times testing their strength and replied, “I don’t know, they seemed to be lacking some strength since last I’d checked.”

“Why you little rascal,” as Glenn roared and rushed around the table and picked up Fayth easily as he playfully tossed the young prince up into the air a few times as the prince laughed hysterically. “Does this seem like lacking in strength to you?”

“No, not at all,” Fayth yelled. Evan watched in wonder having never seeing such a fine pair together as the rest of the Courtyard enjoyed the scene as they all laughed along. It was such a perfect moment.

As the two settled down, the three decided their meals were getting cold, so they all dug in. At first, Evan was scared that he would not be able to consume the food for fear it would just go right through him, but he was able to pick up the roll of sweet bread filled with jam, he was able to put it into his mouth. He slowly chewed, enjoying what it felt like to eat again, savoring the flavors and then swallowing. He was pleasantly surprised to find he retained the food and ravenously tore at the roll of bread. Not only was Fayth presence allowed for him to feel, touch and smell, he was also able to consume food again. He was then even more grateful to Fayth as tears threatened his eyes.

Fayth suddenly stopped eating as he noticed Evan. “What’s wrong Evan?” he asked worriedly, grabbing Evan’s hand.

“It’s nothing really,” Evan replied, able to hold back the tears. “It’s pretty silly but I’m able to eat again.”

Not realizing this sooner, Fayth berated himself for being so dumb, forgetting Evan’s condition. “You are sure?” he asked.

“Yes.” Evan nodded. “All thanks to you!” He embraced Fayth tightly, wrapping his wings around and kissing him fully on the lips. Only Glenn was able to make out the kiss and it made him smile at the two.

As Evan sat Fayth back down, both young men blushed at their display. Glenn shrugged at the two and grinned, going back to his breakfast and the other two did the same.

“So who’s the softy now?” Glenn asked as they all burst out laughing.


Discuss this chapter?
Any feedback would be much appreciated.
You can drop me a line anytime at jamiehvu@gmail.com

Thanks for reading :]
And a bigger thanks to my editors and beta reader!

Copyright © 2011 jamiiewhiite; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Well, this chapter is sweet! :) Even if nothing really happen...

 

What is the relation with Glenn?

 

Write more !

Link to comment
On 07/29/2011 05:20 AM, Elezbed said:
Well, this chapter is sweet! :) Even if nothing really happen...

 

What is the relation with Glenn?

 

Write more !

Glenn is like the sidekick character :P
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..