Jump to content
    jamiiewhiite
  • Author
  • 606 Words
  • 2,014 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Summoner's Heart - 1. Chapter 1: The First Seal

Edited as of 07/11/2011

Book's Summoning Circle Graphic by: Cailen


Nearly three centuries of peace has blessed the Empire of the Western Helms after the fall of the Greater Sin, Oblivion. Most of the people of Gaia have long forgotten what had transpired hundreds of years ago during the Time of the Original Sin and what it took to achieve today’s peace and prosperity. Such times were coming to an end.

Deep within the Sealed Forest, something ominous was taking place. A Conclave of Sin was being called forth. Duna was the last of the three Spirit Elders that arrived at the Demon Altar.

Duna, taking a second to draw back his hood, revealed long white hair which caught the wind brought by a storm approaching from a distance. His face was black like the night, decaying flesh chipping off, and eyes as red as blood calculating within their sunken sockets. He nodded at the two others as his only greeting. Walking slowly to the altar, Duna drew a pouch from within his tattered dark robe and emptied its contents into the center. Just as the ashes touched the surface, a blue and black fire ignited.

“Are you sure those are the original ashes?” The elder on his right hissed in an evil voice which sounded like two persons speaking at the same time; one crying and the other wailing. “We can’t afford to be wrong again!”

“How dare you question me, you fool!” Duna hissed back. He drew his blackened dead hand up in a quick fashion, fingers twisting in a disturbing manner, and nails as long and sharp as a raven’s, pointing at the elder as he rose up from the ground motionlessly through an unknown force. “As I recalled Chegor, it was you who was mistaken the last time.”

“That is enough,” the other elder said calmly. “Duna, we have no time for this. The incantation must be performed tonight.”

Duna released his hold over Chegor as he fell onto the ground. “I know… Let us get this over with.”

Chegor got up, hands rising to his neck, breathing deeply and then spitting up dark blood. “You will pay for that,” he choked out.

Duna turned over to Chegor and glared his final warning, silencing the elder.

The three took their respective positions in a triangular pattern around the altar. All three held up their beastly arms and began the Incantation of the Six Lost Demons. As they chanted, swaying back and forth drunkenly, moaning and whispering could be heard all around the forest. The sinister fire grew in size, casting unnaturally looking shadows. It suddenly started to rain heavily, thunder and lightning tearing up the night sky.

As the incantation continued throughout the night, hundreds of miles off towards the western coast, in the Kingdom of the Heart, a spirit of an angel could be seen descending from the night sky. Like a falling star, the spirit emitted a blinding light as it streaked across the darkened sky like a comet, making its way towards the long forgotten Secret Chamber of Prophecies located deep within the palace. In the upper levels of the centre wing where the Royal Family resides, a young boy awoke from his sleep, screaming in fear. The boy left his chambers, running towards his father’s in terror with tears running down his face as a trail of confused royal knights followed the young prince. Back at the Demon Altar, high levels of concentrated mana caused an explosion in the night sky, leaving the center of the Sealed Forest barren and blackened, void of any life.

 


 

Discuss this chapter?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.
You can drop me a line anytime at jamiehvu@gmail.com

Thanks for reading :]
And a bigger thanks to my editors and beta reader!

Copyright © 2011 jamiiewhiite; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

This story had a very ominous start! It raises a lot of questions, especially about this interesting place and what those elder guys were up to (Betcha it wasn't anything good)!

Link to comment
On 07/06/2011 11:52 AM, CassieQ said:
This story had a very ominous start! It raises a lot of questions, especially about this interesting place and what those elder guys were up to (Betcha it wasn't anything good)!
No nothing good at all! They are bad peoples.
Link to comment

Three different lines to follow from now on? The elders, the angel and the prince. Interesting start. :)

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..