Jump to content
    jamiiewhiite
  • Author
  • 2,134 Words
  • 1,536 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Summoner's Heart - 6. Chapter 6: The Sending

Edited as of 07/19/2011

King Kailan was worried, after ruling the Empire for almost thirty years, he had never worried as much as he has been for the past three days. Fayth was definitely adding many grey hairs to his head. Two hours had elapsed since Fayth entered the Antechamber of Trials and the singing stopped. Growing impatient he paced back and front. Glenn was nervously looking at his King. He had never seen the King so out of control before. King Kailan always emitted calmness and strength. Just the King’s presence could put most people at ease. Now was not the case. Glenn had never felt as out of place as he did then. He was so confused and knew so little about what was happening, but he was determined to stay calm and patiently wait for this young master’s return.

“What is taking him so long?” King Kailan demanded looking at Elder Auron.

“I cannot say, your Majesty. You know as much as I do,” Auron replied. “For all we know, no one has been down here for centuries. Our history has long forgotten such a place exists. Little is written and most of it was lost that explans what this place was used for. The only real knowledge we have is that it was a place to receive the Gods’ blessing.”

“I don’t see this as any blessing, but a curse!” King Kailan fumed.

“You do not know that, my King. Prince Fayth could bring us hope. We must believe in him for all of us to survive,” the Elder countered.

“I hope you are right Auron…”

All of a sudden, the double doors began to open as Fayth emerged pulling a winged man forward. The other three looked shocked, looking from Fayth to the newcomer and back to Fayth again, not knowing what to think.

“Son… Who is this?” King Kailan slowly asked realizing the man was not wearing any clothes.

“Err… Um, Father, this is Evan. He was the one singing earlier.”

“I’m pleased to meet you all,” Evan introduced himself; he went to move forward, but then realizing he was still unclothed he quickly hid himself behind Fayth to hide his nakedness. The two blushed deeply.

“Why is he here and what does he want with us?” King Kailan asked looking at Auron and back at the other two. Auron still has not yet to contribute to the conversation.

“He is a friend, do not worry Father,” Fayth tried to convince the three.

“We will have to see about that.” Auron suddenly pointed a finger at Evan as he cast, “Vinitay!” a swirling light scanned Evan for ill intention.

“Please stop! Don’t hurt him!” panicking Fayth raised his arms to block the spell.

“It is okay Fayth,” Evan said calmly. “He is not hurting me.” The light continued to wash over Evan but still not finding any demonic aura.

“That is enough Auron,” King Kailan commanded. Auron severed the spell. “I must apologize for that Evan, but it was necessary. Unfortunately, times like these call for such measure. We had to be sure you were not danger to us and the Empire.”

“I fully understand your concern your Majesty,” Evan replied calmly.

“I told you he was a friend,” Fayth said, looking protective and sounding upset that they didn’t believe him.

“I am sorry, Fayth, you know that I trust you, but we had to make sure we could trust Evan,” King Kailan said, trying to convince his son. “Here, a token of friendship.” King Kailan removed his outer robe and walked up to Fayth and Evan, offering Evan his robe. As Evan tried to pick up the robe, he’s hand went right through the robe and King Kailan’s own hand. Startled, King Kailan retraced the robe.

“That was… Peculiar,” Auron pointed out.

“Err… Indeed,” King Kailan replied.

Evan looking stunned, said, “What now? I cannot go around looking like this.” He looked down at Fayth, but Fayth could only shrug. He was just as lost.

Fayth reached up and rapped his hand around Evan’s muscular forearm, the contact felt real. He could feel the soft warm skin and hard muscles underneath his hand. The party looked even more confused.

“I have an idea,” Auron announced. “Your Majesty, give your robe to Fayth.” Fayth accepted the robe. “Now Fayth try to imagine what the robe would look like on Evan,” Auron instructed. Fayth closed his eye’s as he tried to picture what Evan would look like with his father’s robe on… Hearing a gasp, he opened his eyes to find that the robe was no longer in his hands but on Evan. It fit perfectly as Evan tied the cloth belt around his waist.

“Fascinating!” King Kailan exclaimed.

“Indeed,” Auron replied. “I think I have a theory of this strange occurrence. I am almost sure that Evan is a Spirit, an Angel Spirit furthermore. According to the Book of Raa of the Anlican Church, a spirit cannot materialize itself within our realm. Only within chambers such as the Antechamber of Trails can they take shape.” There was a pause as Auron continued to think. “Was there an altar in the Antechamber of Trails Prince Fayth?” asked Auron. Both Fayth and Evan nodded. “I thought so. From what is said, a Spirit cannot leave their altar no matter what and I believe this has never occurred until now, but somehow Prince Fayth here was able to free Evan and now he acts just like an altar to sustain Evan’s form here in our realm. It seems he also acts as a medium to materialize objects from our world to Evan.

“Well, that is quit an observation, Auron,” King Kailan said not fully believing what was said, but having no way to disprove it either. “But this is not the time to test your hypothesis. We must get back to the upper levels. I am sure the Royal Court is panicking as we speak.”

“Of course your Majesty.”

“Alright people, let’s move out then.”

Glenn led the way as the group retraced their steps. Fayth and Evan could not stop smiling at each other, never leaving each other’s side for a second. King Kailan observed the two. He was unsure about Evan, but he could tell that Fayth was very happy with his new-found friendship. He was glad; Fayth never was able to form many friendships due to his Royal status at the Academy. Maybe now his son could have a real friend. King Kailan could only hope that the two were good for each other.

As the group entered back to the first chamber, they discovered that the Pryer Flies had greatly increased in numbers. In the center of the conjugate was an ominous black swirling orb. It was slowly growing in size as more Pryer Flies collected around it.

“What do we do, your Majesty?” Glenn asked, looking very uneasy. He was a good fighter with his fists, but even he knew he couldn’t fight something like this.

“Your Majesty, we cannot allow for them to continue. If they do, fiends will appear all over the Kingdom and we cannot let that happen,” Auron pointed out.

“Don’t you think I know that?” the King snapped, frustrated. “Auron try seeing if a spell might work.”

“Yes, your Masjesty. Dispeltus!” Auron cast and a green light burst in the center of the black orb. Little green like stars rained down below but the black orb was still there, unchanged. Even worst the spell seemed to anger the Pryer Flies as they swarm all around.

“Well, that was a bad idea…,” King Kailan realized.

“What do we do now?” replied Auron.

“Let me help,” Evan said all of a sudden.

“How?” Fayth asked, looking worried.

“With your help of course my friend,” Evan replied back cheerfully as the other four looked at him like he’d gone mad. “Trust me.”

“I do,” Fayth said without giving it another thought.

“Help me then, give me your hands,” Evan commanded. Fayth lifted up his hands, palms facing upward as the other three watched curiously. “Thanks,” He took both Fayth’s hands into his own. For some reason he was sure he was doing the right thing and closed his eyes as he summoned the object he knew would help. Suddenly there was a small flash of bright light and in-between the two floated a long staff. The body was blue with strands of white cloth wrapped around the middle for the wielder to grip.

At the bottom was a small chain that was attached to a small sliver bell. The head of the staff was a flat sphere, with an elegant design of three feathered like wings jutting out in three different directions. The three others looked on in wonder.

“It’s beautiful,” Fayth said in awe.

“I think its called Nirvana,” Evan replied smiling, feeling quite accomplished. “Take it.”

“How do you know that?” Fayth said, taking a hold of the staff. It was lightweight, almost like an extension to his hand. He could feel immense power flowing through the staff.

“I don’t know, I just do...”

“There will be time for more questions later, you two. What must we do with Nirvana?” King Kailan interjected.

“Why Prince Fayth must perform a Sending of course,” Auron said looking at Evan. “Am I right?”

“It is what I believe it was called here for.”

“Wait a minute here you guys! What do you mean ‘sending?’ Where am I being sent?’” Fayth asked, not liking what he was hearing at all.

“Your Highness, a Sending is a sacred ritual that is performed to guide the spirits of the dead that are still attached to this world to find peace in the Afterplane. If a Sending is not performed, then monsters and demons called fiends will form and wreak havoc onto our lands, feeding off the living. This is why a Sending must be performed.”

“But why me?” asked Fayth looking ill.

“I will explain as much as I can Fayth, but later. We must act now. Trust me!” Evan said resting his hands onto Fayth’s shoulders, squeezing reassuringly.

“Okay… I understand. Tell me what to do.”

Evan guided Fayth to the center of the chamber. “Now relax. I will talk you through everything, so don’t worry.” Fayth nodded while the others watched the two curiously.

“I trust you.”

Evan smiled at Fayth. “Now take a deep breath and close your eyes,” Evan instructed as he guided Fayth’s arms to hold Nirvana in a horizontal position. “Feel Nirvana, feel the mana coursing through it. Let it guild you in the direction it wants to go,” Evan slowly backed away.

“I can feel it,” Fayth whispered. The mana was in vast supply, flowing freely within him, letting him control it without restraint.

“Good, now let yourself become one with Nirvana...”

Just then Fayth whirled Nirvana in a circular fluid motion as an unknown force possessed him. It looked to be an acrobatic like dance, spinning and twirling as living poetry. His motions were smooth and precise. With each movement the silver bell chimed creating a strange rhythm. It was eerie, yet beautiful, at the same time. Slow and then fast, Fayth moved almost drunkenly as tears flow freely down his cheeks while his face showed strain concentration.

As Fayth continued the Sending, up above the four could see the black orb diminishing. Soon it was gone. When the orb disappeared, all of the Pryer Flies swarmed all around Fayth.

“Fayth!” both King Kailan and Glenn yelled about to rush towards Fayth.

“Don’t!” Evan yelled back at the two. “He is safe, they will not harm him.”

The Pryer Flies circled around Fayth yet he was still performing the ritual, unaware. Unnatural shrills could be heard coming from all the Pryer Flies. It was as if the spirits were mourning, giving a final farewell before they departed this world and moved onto the next. One by one, each Pryer Fly rose up and disappeared through the ceiling, finding their way to the Afterplane. As the last of them disappeared, Fayth slowed down his movements until he completely stopped, staring blankly at the wall and then collapsing onto the ground. He was filled with an immense sadness and his face was completely soaked. Exhausted, he blacked out as the other four rushed to him.


 

Discuss this chapter?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.
You can drop me a line anytime at jamiehvu@gmail.com

Thanks for reading :]

Copyright © 2011 jamiiewhiite; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Well, I must say that it is a little like Final Fantasy ...But I like it! So what is goign to happen next?

 

Where did the 'Nirvana' come from?

Link to comment
On 07/04/2011 05:20 PM, Elezbed said:
Well, I must say that it is a little like Final Fantasy ...But I like it! So what is goign to happen next?

 

Where did the 'Nirvana' come from?

It is. I will definitely admit that. FFX is one of my favorite gaming storyline. I'm glad you still like it but you know better than to ask an author that. Things will be reveal so the story progresses but I promise you that your questions will all be answered. Lovealways, Jamie
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..