Jump to content
    jamiiewhiite
  • Author
  • 1,822 Words
  • 1,507 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Summoner's Heart - 5. Chapter 5: Reunited

Edited as of 07/19/2011

It was a slow descent down. Soon the group was enveloped in darkness. “Lumus!” Auron cast and a sphere of bright blue light appeared above them. It was a steady climb down; the group stayed silent, lost in thought. Fayth reached out to grab his father’s hand. King Kailan squeezed back to reassure his son.

As the group descended further, they soon heard a voice singing in tenor pitch. It was hard for them to make out the words, but as they got closer the voice grew in volume.

Inore yo, Ebon-ju

(Pray, savior)

Yume mi yo, inorigo

(Dream, Child of Prayer)

Hatenaku

(Forever and ever)

Sakaetamae

(Bring us peace)

 

“Isn’t that the Hymn of the Faithful?” Glenn asked, looking confused.

“It is…” King Kailan replied.

“It is also known as the Song of Prayer in the Anlikan Church.” Auron replied. He realized then why the Spirit was singing this particular hymn. It was calling out to Fayth, summoning him there.

“That’s what I’ve been hearing in my dreams!” Fayth exclaimed and Auron knew he was right. King Kailan looked at his son worriedly.

“That’s what I been afraid of,” the King sighed.

“It can’t be helped,” Auron replied.

“I know.”

“Wait, what is going on?” Fayth asked looking confused.

“It’s okay, Fayth, all will be revealed soon enough.” Squeezing his son’s hand again he continued, “I want you to be brave for me okay?”

“Yes, Father.”

With a sudden jolt, the fountain platform halted, revealing only one hallway. The group stepped out of the fountain and headed through. It wasn’t long before they could see light at the end to the tunnel. Stepping out into the new chamber they saw a large old, empty, dusty, room with similar orbs of light just like the one Auron cast earlier. At the end of the room was small stairway leading down into another chamber door. Above their heads, they could make out ghost-like small orbs with a ghastly tails floating all over the ceiling. The orbs varied in color, fading in and out of existence. The singing was louder now, playing over and over in the background.

“What are those?” Glenn asked bewildered. Fayth drew closer to his father.

“They are Pryer Flies. Spirits, if you will, that unwillingly stay behind when a person passes over into the Afterplane,” King Kailan explained. “I have never seen any before…”

“I have a couple of times but never so many at once. They all must know what’s about to occur, to gather in such a way. A sending must be performed soon I fear,” Auron said looking disturbed. “King Kailan, we must hurry before more collect.”

“Alright, everyone, let’s go.” King Kalian pulled Fayth along.

The four hurried towards the door. King Kailan opened it with the same sliver key and all four entered into the next chamber.

The Chambers of Prophesies was a similar room but smaller. This time, though, there weren't any Pryer Flies. Looking ahead Fayth saw another entryway. A set of double doors with elaborate designs of many sigils and symbols covered its outer walls. All were unknown to him. “What now?” he asked.

“Now you must brave, the next room is not for me, my son. We cannot go any farther than here,” the King replied. He wished he could take his son’s place, but he knew only Fayth- the summoned one- could enter.

“Father, no. I don’t want to go by myself!” Fayth sounded terrified, grabbing onto his father.

King Kailan bent down to his knees and looked at his son, smiling. “It’s okay, be strong my son. I have much faith in you.”

“But…” Fayth pleaded, sounded like he was about to cry.

“There, there.” King Kailan patted Fayth on the head. “I will be right out here waiting for you when you return. Everything will be explained on the other side. You can do this, my Fayth.” The King did not know for sure if his son would find the any answers on the other side of those doors, but he could only hope.

“I will try for you then.” Fayth sniffed. He wished he knew what was going on, but this was something he had to do for his father; therefore. He knew he must be brave.

“Good, that’s my boy,” the King looking proud.

“We will be waiting out here for your safe return, do not worry young Master,” Glenn reassured, giving Fayth a hug.

“Alright,” the prince said weakly as he was led towards the entry to the Antechamber of Trials. Fayth was instructed to lay his right palm flat down on an insignia in-between the double doors. Doing so the doubles door’s sigils and symbols lit up glowing vibrantly in different colors then slowly opened by themselves. There was only darkness except for a faint light beyond. The voice of the Hymn was as strong as ever as mist sweep out to the other side.

Taking a deep breath, Fayth stepped through the double doors. Looking back he could see all three waving at him as the doors slammed shut. Immediately, a path was formed by the small flame candles leading towards the light. The candles led the way, and then circled around the faint light. Pushing forward, Fayth could make out the outline of the young man from his dreams. Excited, he ran forward. When he reached the young man he was floating a couple of feet off from what he could make out as an altar. The singing stopped. Just as before, the young man was asleep but just as beautiful as within his dreams. Fayth could see his chest rising gently. Reaching out this time, he placed his hand lightly on the young man’s chest. On contact, the room grew brighter as the candles intensified. The young man then finally opened his eyes, glowing brightly. He placed his hands over Fayth’s, grinning happily. Fayth was then pulled into the altar where he was embraced tightly. Fayth was so content; he let out a happy sigh. Somewhere in his mind, something clicked into place. It was like he finally found something precious that was lost for so long. This something was a part of him just as much as he was a part of it. Fayth hugged back tightly as feather like wings surrounded the two.

“You finally came for me,” the young man said in relief, sounding like he was almost in tears. His voice was a deep low smooth tenor, full of depth and dimension. The sound made Fayth’s heart beat a little faster. It was like music to his ears.

“I had to, I felt like you needed me,” Fayth replied into the young man chest. He took in a deep breath, breathing in deeply the sweet scent of the young man. He smelled like the warm summer air mixed with the scents of nature. Fayth felt he couldn’t get enough.

“I am glad you came. You do not know how long I have waited for this very moment,” the man confessed, pulling away to look into Fayth eyes.

“Can I ask how long?”

“I do not know for certain, but at least over two centuries,” the young man said sadly.

“Centuries?!” Fayth whispered, sharply taking in a breath. “Why? How?” he demanded to know.

“I do not remember. All I know is that of three nights ago I fell out of the sky only with a sense of purpose to reach for you. I’ve been here ever since, singing, wishing that you would come.”

“You found me, then, that is all that matters,” Fayth reassured the young man. They embraced again.

“I am sorry, my memory is still hazy. I can only remember bits and pieces, but they are slowly returning to me I am sure of that,” the young man apologized.

“You do not need to apologize. I am here now.”

“I have missed you so much,” the young man said. “It’s like I can’t get enough of you and I’m afraid this is all but a dream.”

“It’s not. Do not worry. You are safe now and here with me,” Fayth tried to reassure the young man. He then realized that he did not know the young man’s name. “Can I ask what your name is? I am called Fayth Everett.”

“Yes, somehow I knew that,” there was a pause as the young man tried to remember. “I think I am called Evan Ark-angel.”

“Evan, welcome home then,” Fayth announced excitedly.

“It’s good to be home,” Evan replied, burying his face into Fayth hair.

“Let’s us go then, my father and friends are waiting for us.”

“I… I don’t know if I can. It seems like I can’t leave this altar,” Evan explained. “I would have gone looking for you if I wasn’t trapped here for the past three days.

“Show me,” Fayth said as he left the altar with no problem.

Just as Evan said, as hard as he tried he could not free himself from the altar. So why was it so easy for him to leave, Fayth wondered. He had an idea. Standing on the other side of the altar, Fayth told Evan to give him his hands. Only able to reach as far as the altar aloud, Fayth from the other side reach through and grab Evan’s hands. Pulling with all his might, Fayth tried to pull Evan free. It seemed to be working. He could see that the process was painful for Evan as he tried pulling harder to end it quickly.

“Hold on, I almost got you,” as already more than half of Evan was through the other side.

“Its okay, keep going,” Evan pleaded for Fayth to continue.

“Almost there!” Fayth pulled as hard as he could one last time as they succeeded. The two fell into the floor hard with a grunt.

“You did it! Fayth, you did it! I’m free,” Evan exclaimed happily, giving Fayth light kisses of love all over his face.

“Hey, you, stop that! That tickles!” Fayth laughed. Evan stopped and stared into his savior’s blue eyes. Evan then wrapped his wings around them both while he gently met Fayth’s lips. The kiss was one of longing, full of passion, both surrendering to one another as they parted their lips and explored each other’s mouths. The kiss lasted a long time as both came up gasping for air.

“Thank you, Fayth!” Evan said, putting as much sincerity into it as he could.

“You are always welcome,” Fayth responded with just as much sincerity. Especially with payments like that, he could definitely get used to those, he thought. Smiling as his dimples deepened he said, “Let us leave this place and never come back, shall we?”

Evan fully agreed, nodding. As the two got up, hand in hand, they both headed for the double doors.


 

Discuss this chapter?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.
You can drop me a line anytime at jamiehvu@gmail.com

"Song of Prayer" - Final Fantasy X

Thanks for reading :]

Copyright © 2011 jamiiewhiite; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

hum... I don't think I understand what is happening in your fic...The bad guys at the beginning are trying to do what? destroy the world? And the falling star is like Ark-Angel? And why is he waiting for Fayh? What is the summoning? EXPLAIN!

Well apart from that, you can see that I want to know what happen next sooooo WRITE thumbsupsmileyanim.gif!

 

Good beginning!

Link to comment
On 06/30/2011 04:50 PM, Elezbed said:
hum... I don't think I understand what is happening in your fic...The bad guys at the beginning are trying to do what? destroy the world? And the falling star is like Ark-Angel? And why is he waiting for Fayh? What is the summoning? EXPLAIN!

Well apart from that, you can see that I want to know what happen next sooooo WRITE thumbsupsmileyanim.gif!

 

Good beginning!

All will be explained in the upcoming chapters and I'm glad that I have you hanging for more. As the first person to review my new story, I give most thanks to you. It has made it worth it sense I wasn't sure about the outcome. So big thanks to you my friend. I already have many chapters lined up and just ready to get submitted but since I don't have an editor just of yet, I will hold out until this weekend to see if anyone volunteers to take on the job. If not then you as a reader demands it, I will submit coming chapters either way. I will not have my readers waiting on something that might not come. I'm super stoked you enjoy it and ready to give you more! Lovealways, Jamie
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..