Jump to content
    joecarlson
  • Author
  • 1,563 Words
  • 2,527 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Love Story with a Prisoner of War - 19. Love is Love

span>Heart Attack

‘What do you want?’ I said, irritation welling up in my chest.

‘What are you two doing? I want know.’ Otto said as his devilish smile disappeared.

‘It’s none of your business.’ I said harshly.

Axel, who had just arrived at the door, interrupted, ‘What happen Otto?’

Seeing the arrival of Axel, Otto immediately switched to German. After a few lines of exchange, neither of them spoke. Awkwardness seemed to be touchable in the silent air.

‘What does he want?’ I asked Axel.

‘He… He…’ Axel replied, struggling.

‘I want to watch you.’ Otto interrupted, assertively.

What?!’ I said, raising an octave. ‘Watch us?’

‘I want watch you two sex.’ Otto said, without an ounce of shame in his voice.

‘You must be kidding me. You must be kidding me. Watch us making love? You must be kidding me.’ I said as exasperation and bafflement cracked my voice.

‘I… I… want…’ Otto said, unable to continue. Tongue-tied, he eyed Axel for help.
‘Otto want know… em… em…if he likes boys.’ Axel muttered.

Suddenly, the thought of being overheard by the adults dawned on me. So I immediately motioned Otto to come into the room.

As soon as the door was closed, I asked, ‘Can’t you figure it out on your own? This is such a personal issue!’

‘I don’t know. I… I don’t know… I’m lost…’ Otto replied. His voice was shaking and sounded like he was about the cry.

‘It’s not that I don’t want to help you, but your request is way too unacceptable.’ I said, trying not to shout at him.

‘Last night, Axel kiss you. I want to know if I want the same.’ Otto said, sadness now clearly audible in his voice.

‘You will find out.’ Axel joined in the conversation unexpectedly. ‘I not sure if I love Xavier first. I so not sure. But… you just know… he smiles, I smile; he sad I sad. The person you want be with all time is the one you love. You will find out. And I find my love for Xavier grow day after day.’

Hearing him say that, my heart came to a standstill, my thought became incoherent, my mouth became glue-shut. I felt like I was drowning deep in Axel’s love.

‘Boys and girls. Not matter. If you love someone, you just know. Love is beautiful.’ Axel continued.

Although Axel’s speech was short and mostly ungrammatical, it was unbelievably moving and heart-warming. And it just reminded me once again that I would literally give my right arm for Axel’s unconditional love.

Otto, as he stood there letting the words sink in, nodded silently. Axel then murmured something softly to Otto in German. Suddenly, Otto’s handsome face crumpled up a little and tears began its slow journey down his face.

‘Come here.’ I said, putting my arms around him.

‘I’m lost…’ Otto’s voice was choking with sorrow. ‘What I am? I do not know. I want love. But I do not know… boy or girl. I don’t know. I don’t know.’ Otto said, kept choking.

‘It’s okay. Boy or girl is not a matter. Love is love. Love is beautiful. There is no difference between loving a boy or a girl. Love only makes the world a better place.’ I said, patting Otto gently as I felt my right shoulder got wet. ‘I was crushed when I found out I love Axel. But everything will be all right in the end. Girl or boy, doesn’t matter.’ I continued.

‘How to know I like which. I don’t want boys but I can’t forget yesterday you two kiss.’ Otto said, still sobbing.

‘Time will help you do the job.’ I said, slowly breaking away from the hug. ‘Don’t cry. We are here.’

After calming down for a moment, Otto gradually regained his composure.

‘We are here with you. Guter freund.’ Axel said tenderly. [Guter freund means good friend]

‘Everything will be all right. You will find your true love very soon. It’s okay to love boys. Don’t stress yourself out’ I said.

Danke Axel. Thank you Xavier.’ Otto replied. [Danke means thank you] ‘I am sorry disturbing you two. I can’t forget your kiss. I’m lost. But sorry.’ Otto said apologetically.


Knowing his request would not be granted, Otto began his way out. When he was about to exit the door, he turned around and stared at Axel…

What happened next nearly gave me a heart attack ––––
Axel and Otto were standing only a meter apart. When I was expecting Otto to leave, he, instead, walked to Axel… and… and… stole a kiss from Axel! Seeing this scandalous and blood-curdling scene, I nearly passed out. The kiss left me gasping in disbelief. A few inches away from me, Axel was riveted to the ground, too shocked to respond. It was a mercy that the kiss lasted shorter than a second. When Otto’s lips parted from Axel’s, Otto whispered something to Axel. Then, swiftly and delightedly, Otto slithered away from the room.
Axel and I stood transfixed with sheer shock, unable to comprehend the situation. I felt a gigantic lump in my throat as fury engulfed my entire body.

‘What… What did he say to you?’ I finally managed to utter.

‘He says… He say… He say he… he think he love me.’ Axel replied.

*   *   *


Early in the morning.
Knock… knock … knock…
‘Who’s that?’ I said dreamily.

‘It’s me. Jake. Open the goddamn door.’ A familiar voice replied.

My brain endeavored to identify that voice ––– Jake? That’s a scarily familiar name. Who is Jake?
When my brain finally found a match to that voice and name, I dashed to the door.

It had only been a mere of 30 hours since we last met, but it actually felt like an entire century since we last seen each other. Jake, as familiar as ever, was now standing right in front of me.

‘Oh my god! Xav. Thank god you are here. Andy lets me in. Xavier. Mum’s mad! She’s mad! She has been ranting and raving since you left. Yesterday, she was kneeling on the floor, praying non-stop. She placed some knives on the dining table and said that if she ever sees you again, she will hurt you.’ Jake was talking so fast that I could even feel the urgency and gravity in his voice. ‘And this morning, she was throwing dishes on the ground, tearing up books, destroying the house. It scared the crap out of me but I knew she must be stopped. She was resting on the kitchen chair, crying when I tied her up with a rope. Xav, Xav, please, tell me what I should do. Please come back. Mum was beyond my control. Gosh. Please tell me this is nothing but a nightmare.’

‘Jake, I’m so sorry for everything, but it’s really not my fault. There’s no way I will ever go back, especially if she said she would hurt me. Axel and I are in love, so she threw us out. She thinks this is wrong, but there’s no way I can change my feeling for Axel and who I really am. If she is a lunatic, let her be. I don’t know how I can stop her or when she will stop acting like a mad man. But Jake, which side are you on? Mum or me?’

‘Neither of you. I just want our old life back.’ Jake said, tears forming in his eyes.
‘I’m sorry, but that’s not going to happen. There’s no turning back.’ I said, putting my hands on Jake’s shoulders.

‘But where will you go? Are you going to stay at the Williams' forever?’ Jake asked, voice shaking.

‘I don’t know. Right now, there’s nowhere we can go, but I’ll find a way after the winter is over. Axel and I are not going back home. The house is too dangerous for us, and you may be hurt if you stay with mum any longer.’ I said, trying my best to contain my composure.

‘Xavier. Why do you have to love Axel? He is a boy! Find a girl to love.’ Jake asked accusingly.

‘Jake, you’re too young. Love is like a hard drug, once you have your first taste of it, you will be addicted to it. I love Axel, I really do. There’s no way I can deny my own feelings.’ I said, hoping Jake would understand.

‘Fine. Just tell me what I should do with mum right now.’ Jake said as if he didn’t hear what I’d just said.

‘Keep her on the kitchen chair. She may hurt you if she is released. She needs time to calm down, and she deserves to be tied up.’ I said, feeling slightly pleased that my horrible mum was being held captive to the kitchen chair.

* * *

span>Sorry for the short delay. I usually update the story on either Saturday or Sunday, but I was a little lazy the last weekend. Sorry ><
You guys have been the most fabulous readers in the world. Thank you so much for reading/liking/commenting this story.
Your comment gives me the incentive to write on, so don't hesitate to leave me any message (both positive and negative are fine)
I am very new to story-writing, so critiques are HIGHLY appreciated.
Words can't really describe how appreciative I am for all the reviews that I have received so far. Thank you for making this story one of my proudest achievements.

Once again, thank you so much for reading. This story means the whole world to me.
Copyright © 2014 joecarlson; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 8
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Otto!!!! Gasp!! I didn't see THAT one coming! lol I figured he wanted to join in, but I didn't know he loved Axel! lol Poor Xavier!

 

I had to laugh when Jake tied his mother up with rope! That was too funny! :)

 

Just one little critique: I don't think that they used the term, "stress out" back in the 40's. Not sure though. I should Google it...

Link to comment
On 10/02/2013 04:59 AM, said:
This keeps more interesting by the chapter. Thanks!
You are more than welcome Andy =) I'm so glad that you like the story =) Thanks for your support =3

Lots of love,

JC

Link to comment
On 10/02/2013 10:46 AM, Lisa said:
Otto!!!! Gasp!! I didn't see THAT one coming! lol I figured he wanted to join in, but I didn't know he loved Axel! lol Poor Xavier!

 

I had to laugh when Jake tied his mother up with rope! That was too funny! :)

 

Just one little critique: I don't think that they used the term, "stress out" back in the 40's. Not sure though. I should Google it...

Haha, it's time for a shocker!!! XD What's going to happen to Otto and Axel??? stay tuned!!!! I have been designing this shocker for soooooooo lonnnnnnnnggg. Glad that you find it surprisingX)

 

For stress out, i'm sorry... I have really tried my very best to be very meticulous about each word... but anyway, please forgive me =)

 

Lots of love,

JC

Link to comment
On 10/02/2013 01:24 PM, DelrayDad said:
I can only wish it was a chapter per day! Thanks for the great storyline!
I am terribly sorry about my slow update. As I am a very slow writer, it usually takes me one entire day to write one chapter. As school has already started, I don't have much time spare for writing the story... I'll try my very best to shorten the time lag between each chapter. but I really can't promise anything since essays/research papers have begun to flood in.

 

Anyway, I am very very glad that you like the story. Thank you for your support and I hope you will keep following it. It is my honor to have readers like you.

 

Lots of love,

JC

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..