Jump to content
    kbois
  • Author
  • 3,998 Words
  • 4,450 Views
  • 42 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

When Opportunity Knocks - 5. Chapter 5

Time to start fitting the puzzle pieces together.

Instead of biting into the sandwich he held in his hands, Jett cursed. The radio squawked, the dispatcher announcing a 10-65, armed robbery along with a 10-32 request for a canine unit. Jett wrapped the sandwich back up and dropped it into the bag it came in and replied with a 10-17, indicating he was en route.

It seemed like criminals were getting more and more bold. Arriving on scene, he leashed Bruce and checked in with the officer in charge. The suspect had robbed a liquor store in broad daylight and wounded the clerk behind the counter before taking off on foot toward an industrial area of warehouses. He was now believed to be hiding inside one of the warehouses.

After a quick briefing of the situation, Jett entered the building through a side door and issued a clipped “Bruce, find!” The dog’s nose immediately went down. Jett gave him free rein to pick up the trail. The search ended ten minutes later when Bruce flushed the suspect out of his hiding spot in a back office. The guy tried to go out the window, but found it extremely difficult with a rather large German Shepherd attached to his leg.

The man gave up quickly and Jett was able to disarm and cuff him without any issues. He was read his rights and led out to a cruiser for transportation to the local Sheriff's station for booking and processing. Jett would need to submit a report which would take the better part of an hour and decided to go back to the barracks to use one of the computers there. He could do it from his SUV, but Bruce needed some reward time. He could play with his toy while Jett did his report.

He had been hoping to get out on time and swing by Kyle’s clinic, but the call had come toward the end of his shift and it was now after four o’clock. He had been busy all morning running traffic stops on 97, the highway connecting Annapolis to Baltimore. He had been trying to eat that damn sandwich since eleven o’clock that morning with no luck. It didn’t even appeal to him any longer.

He pulled into the parking lot and shot off a quick text to let Kyle know he wouldn’t be stopping by. It had been three weeks since the weekend Kyle had stayed over and they had managed to have lunch together a few times, but other than that they hadn’t seen much of each other. They texted and talked every day, but both of them had been swamped with work and stuff that needed to be taken care of on the weekends. Kyle’s dad had sprained his ankle and one of the other vets had been on vacation for two weeks, so it was only Kyle and the new guy covering the clinic. Needless to say, time had been a precious commodity the past few weeks.

They had already made plans for dinner and a movie tomorrow night which was Saturday. Jett was hopeful that it would turn into a sleepover once again. If it did he was contemplating asking Kyle to come with him for Sunday dinner with his family. Meeting the parents was a logical next step and he had already told his mom and dad and his sisters that he was seeing someone. Piper kept texting him hints to bring him by.

Jett leashed Bruce and grabbed his toy. The dog happily clutched it in his jaws and trotted alongside Jett, occasionally chomping down to make the squeaker inside let out a god-awful noise. Jett greeted his various co-workers as he made his way to the back. He took a seat at an empty desk and set to work on his report with Bruce gnawing on his toy by his feet. Jett was used to the annoying high pitched squeal of the toy, but a few of his fellow co-workers shot him a dirty look, especially when Bruce bit down rapidly, increasing the annoyance factor tenfold.

An hour later he was back on the road, having signed off for the night. He swung by the grocery store and grabbed a premade salad and a fresh sandwich. As a splurge he also picked up some hot and spicy chicken tenders from the deli.

When he pulled into his driveway, Kim was just finishing up a walk with Tater. Whenever Bruce was not around in the evening to wear the rascal out, a nice long walk usually did the trick to settle him down for the night.

“Hey Jett!” she greeted. “You OK?”

“Yeah, other than a long one, today was a gold star,” he answered. You want to come in? I could use some company. Bruce is a good listener, but he can’t hold a conversation for shit.”

Kim cut across the grass and followed him inside. Jett divested Bruce of his Kevlar, gave him his 'smooch' command, and Kim let the two dogs out into the backyard to play and got them a couple of glasses of wine while Jett took care of his gear.

When Jett came out into the kitchen he saw that Kim had set out a plate for him and his bag of food had been unpacked, sandwich and chicken tenders on the plate and the salad next to it.

Jett smiled. “Thanks, you’re the best!” He sat down and took a bite of the ham and turkey sandwich. His stomach gave a happy rumble as food hit it at last.

‘So what have you been up to lately? Jett asked. Are you going to be away next weekend?” Kim had told him a while back that she and an old friend got together every year right around Halloween.

“Yeah. I’m leaving Friday and I’ll be back Sunday night. Kyle offered to take Tater for the weekend instead of boarding him.”

Jett could tell her voice lacked enthusiasm and wondered if she was looking forward to the weekend or dreading it. He was leaning toward the latter, but that didn’t make much sense. You would think that a person would look forward to seeing an old friend. He was also a little curious why she wasn't taking Tater with her. He was a certified emotional support animal and was allowed into places like hotels and restaurants, even if they had a ‘No Dogs” policy. Whatever it was, he was sure Kim had her reasons.

“I’ll help him keep an eye on the rascal.” Jett promised. It would be a great excuse to spend most of the weekend together. “So, I’m thinking about taking Kyle to dinner at the folks’ house this weekend? He tried to be casual but his voice gave away his nervousness.

Kim cracked a smile. “You telling me or asking me if you should? You already know my answer to that.”

Jett blushed. “Yeah. I know. So yes, I’m going to ask him to meet the parental units. I’m sure Skye and Piper will be there too once they get wind of it.”

“No shit! A stampede of wildebeests couldn’t stop those two,” Kim snickered. She got along great with both of his sisters and the three of them usually ganged up on Jett when they were together.

“But really Jett, I think it’s sweet that you want him to meet your family. I get the impression that things are not all that great between him and his parents. I think your mom and dad will be good for him.”

Jett nodded. Chris and Beth Anderson were amazing parents, even with all their goofy quirks, like saddling their kids with aviation themed names. He was lucky to have grown up in a weird, but loving family. Kyle had already shown that he had a warped sense of humor and Jett was confident that he would fit right in. Kim was right, his parents would be good for Kyle.

Jett finished eating and kept chatting with Kim as he cleaned up the few things he had used. Jett opened the back door so Bruce and Tater could join them inside before relocating to the living room.

After shooting the shit for a while, Kim left around ten, taking the empty wine bottle they shared out with her to drop in the recycle bin that was on the deck. Jett always enjoyed Kim’s company and he was grateful that their twelve or thirteen year age gap didn’t matter.

Jett made sure everything was secured before heading to his room to get ready for bed. He really hoped he would be done with his shift on time tomorrow. He didn’t want to miss any time with Kyle.

By some sweet miracle, Jett lucked out and actually got off early. He sent a text to Kyle letting him know he could come over whenever and to bring Rosie. He then typed out a quick addition, casually suggesting he bring an overnight bag too. Kyle sent back a winking emoji and a thumbs up.

The second he got home, Jett quickly showered and got dressed. Soon after he heard Kyle’s truck door shut. His smile was huge as he greeted both man and beast. Rosie got a scratching behind the ears and Kyle got a kiss with just a little tongue. The best part was seeing that a certain someone had brought a gym bag with him. Jett hoped it was an indication of where the sexy man was spending the night.

It was still early so they decided to let the dogs play in the yard while they enjoyed the crisp fall air and a beer. Kim was gone for the afternoon and she had taken Tater with her so it was just Bruce and Rosie running around chasing the balls that were thrown for them.

“So do you want to see the new action flick or the latest Marvel release?” Jett asked.

“Um, I’m good with either. Why don’t we head over to Arundel Mills and find a place for dinner, then after we can see whichever starts first. That way we don’t have to rush through eating just to make it to a movie on time.”

“Mmmm, sounds like a good idea.” Jett replied.

When he looked over at Kyle, he seemed to be lost in thought. “Is everything OK? You seem kinda distracted.”

Kyle sucked in a deep breath and let it out with a whoosh. “I’m sorry. My sister texted me right before I left. Our parents are hounding her to get me to go to dinner with them. My dad has decided that he’s going to fully retire effective immediately. There’s just a whole lot of stuff going on with them and me and my sister. It’s weird.”

“Anything I can do to help? Even if it’s just listening? I’m pretty good at it.” Jett offered, his tone soft and affectionate. He could see Kyle struggling with something and knew that he was hesitant to confide in him, so he was surprised when Kyle opened up.

“I’m adopted. I know that’s probably not a major curveball, but when you’re nearly thirty when you find out, it’s one helluva shock. Also, surprise! Your sister is adopted too, instead of being a year younger, like you believed for your whole life, she’s the same exact age. We’re really half siblings, same father, different mothers. Yep, born on the same day, just a few hours apart. Our parents kept it from us our entire lives. Who the fuck does that?” Kyle said, the emotional pain evident in the harshness of his words.

“Wow!” Jett exclaimed. “How did you find out?”

Kyle took another deep breath, “Megan did one of those ancestry DNA test things. She wanted to do a whole anniversary surprise for our parent’s anniversary, only we were the ones who were surprised. She works in a medical lab so our parents never connected the dots when she asked them to spit in a vial. She told them it was for a research project she was working on. Imagine our shock when it came back that we weren’t related to our parents at all and we were 99.979% likely to have shared a father, but not a mother.”

“Wow.” Jett repeated, not able to find another appropriate word.

“‘Wow’ is right. It took Megan and I almost a month to work up the courage to confront them. They didn’t seem to think it was a huge deal. Megan finds out she’s a year older than she was led to believe. We find out we’re in no way related to the people who raised us and they saw nothing wrong with it. Our birth certificates had been altered and they saw nothing wrong with that either. I felt betrayed. Megan felt betrayed. We both looked up to our parents and they lied to us.”

“How did they explain everything to their families?” Jett wanted to know.

“I guess I should start at the beginning. My parents got married in 1982. My dad had just graduated and gotten his doctorate in veterinary science. My mom was working for a large corporation that specialized in facilitating corporate mergers. She worked in the research department, looking at different companies, analyzing their business models and determining if a merger was right for them. She was a middle manager when my dad graduated and had just gotten an offer from a company outside of New York City, near the Connecticut border. It was a huge chance at advancement for her and even though my dad had wanted to work at the family clinic he told my mom to take the job. He found work at an animal clinic in New York pretty easily. The first few years they managed quite well. They were both happy and liked what they were doing. They had been settled for three or four years when they decided to start a family. They were ok at first. They just figured they weren’t the type who got pregnant right away.” Kyle looked over at Jett and Jett reached over and grabbed his hand.

Kyle continued. “After trying for over a year they went to a fertility specialist. They found out that in addition to endometriosis, my mom also had fibroids and my dad had a nearly non-existent sperm count. One or the other and they could’ve at least tried, but the specialist pretty much told them adoption was their only choice. Here’s where things get a little murky. At least for me. Mom told us that after they found out they would never have kids of their own they interviewed with several adoption agencies and even applied at a few. They were accepted by two and placed on a waiting list. It took a few years, but finally in February 1989 they got a call that not one, but two babies were available, half-siblings, they were told. The doctor that they were working with told them that it was an unusual case. Apparently both mothers were young and neither would admit to who the father was, only that it was the same boy, or more likely man. Also Megan was a preemie and would need special care. Somehow, and here’s what I really don’t understand, they were convinced to alter Megan’s birthdate. No good, valid reason was given. Our parents agreed and they kept the news of the adoption from their own families and friends for another two years. They claimed they were busy whenever the subject of visiting was brought up. By the time we were almost two, I was twice the size of Megan. She could easily pass for a one-year old. My parents decided to move back to Maryland and pretend that they had just adopted us. No one was any wiser. Mom decided she’d rather step down from the corporate chaos and be a stay-at-home mom. Dad went to work at the clinic and they started a whole new life as the perfect little family.”

Jett let a moment pass before speaking. “That’s incredible. I can understand why you’re upset. It must be like having your identity stolen.”

Kyle nodded. “That’s exactly it! That’s what it feels like. My identity isn’t quite what I thought it was. I mean, I’m still me, but there’s now a part that’s a void. Something is missing. Megan feels the same. I think what hurts the most is feeling betrayed but our parents. I mean, why hide it? I just don’t understand. Even if it was a closed adoption, there’s still no reason, unless they’re ashamed of having kids that were basically throwaways.”

“Oh Kyle, you’re not a throwaway. Never. I bet your birth mother would’ve kept you if she could have. If it’s true that she was a teen, then she was probably just a kid herself and didn’t feel like she had any other choice,” Jett offered, trying to soothe Kyle.

“Logically I know that, but what about the father? Like what if the girls were raped, or what if it was incest? I can’t help thinking about why both girls wouldn’t admit to who the father is.” Kyle lamented.

“Those are both possibilities, but what if it was just another teenage boy who was playing both girls without them knowing, or hell, maybe they knew and just didn’t care. There are a whole bunch of scenarios and you can’t drive yourself crazy trying to figure them all out. Just keep in mind, that whatever the reason was for not telling you, your parents still loved you and raised you as their own right?” he questioned, his words making more sense than the chaos that whirred through Kyle’s brain.

Kyle nodded. “You’re right. It still hurts though. I’m trying to deal with the hurt and that’s why I really don’t want to have dinner with my parents. I can deal with my dad at work. There he’s a co-worker so I can treat him as such.”

“Do you think that maybe the reason he’s taking full retirement right now is because he knows you’re uncomfortable around him? That by pulling back he’s giving you the space that you need to deal with things?” Jett asked.

Kyle hadn't thought about it that way. Jett was probably right. Deep down he knew his dad loved him and he had always done what was best for both of his kids.

“Most likely. I should probably have dinner with them. Megan has been trying to get me to go for several weeks now. She’s always been better at handling stress than me. I’ll text her later and she can set something up for this week, Thank you.” Kyle smiled as he looked at Jett.

“I didn’t do anything.”

“You gave me a new perspective. It was just what I needed, so yes, thank you.”

“In that case, you’re welcome. So do you still want to do dinner and a movie or would you rather get takeout and chill here?” Jett asked.

“Let’s go out. I’m in the mood for a good burger.”

They ended up at a burger joint adjacent to the mall and the latest action flick was the first available showing so they spent a comfortable two hours watching car chases and things getting blown up. By the end of the night Kyle was much more relaxed.

Jett relaxed him even further when they were finally back at his house. Which is how Kyle ended up naked, flat on his back, knees pushed back and Jett’s face buried in his nether region. Jett worked him over like he was on a mission of life or death. There was nowhere his talented tongue didn’t land. Kyle wouldn’t have been surprised if there were two shredded rips in the sheets from when he had it in a death grip the first time Jett’s wicked tongue swiped across his hole. His tongue needed to be classified as a weapon.

Jett worked him over until he was a babbling mess. Did he want more? One big fat dollop of ‘yes please’! It didn’t take much after Jett finally grabbed ahold of his leaking cock and started stroking out a fast rhythm before Kyle couldn’t take it anymore. His balls drew up tight and a nanosecond later Jett thrust his tongue as far into Kyle’s hole as he could possibly go, causing Kyle to scream Jett’s name as his cock rocked an explosion of epic proportions.

He rode the wave of his orgasm like a surfer flying down the slope of a wave off the coast of Nazare, Portugal. His entire body had become boneless. Kyle couldn’t move to save himself. He was barely aware of Jett wiping him off with a warm cloth and then climbing into the big bed and pulling Kyle close.

When Kyle finally found his voice he apologized. “I couldn’t reciprocate, you damn near killed me.”

Jett’s chuckle rumbled pleasantly across his back, “Don’t worry. Seeing you go off triggered me. You really enjoyed that didn’t you?”

“Mmmmhmmm. You’re really good at that, you know,” Kyle commented. He was also wondering a few other things.

“Do you prefer topping or bottoming?” Kyle asked directly. That was one subject they hadn’t discussed and they both knew the day was getting closer when they would have to figure it out.

Jett chuckled again and Kyle rolled over so he was facing Jett. He wanted to get a read on his expressions during this conversation. “What’s so funny?”

Jett was still smiling. “Just you. You’re cute when you get right down to the point. Hmm, top or bottom? I can do both. I actually like bottoming a little bit more, but most guys expect me to top because I’m bigger than them. Big, bad, tough cop thing I guess. What about you?”

Now it was Kyle’s turn to smile. “I guess we must be well matched then. I like both too, but there’s something about topping a bigger guy that pushes all my buttons.”

“OK, give me some numbers here. 60/40? 50/50? 70/30? How much better do you like topping?” Jett could barely hide the silly grin that gave away the fact that he was teasing Kyle.

Kyle could give just as well as he could get and answered “Hard to say. Maybe 75/25? It could also be closer to 68/32. Definitely not 43/57, but probably more than 51/49.”

Kyle’s rambling was cut off by his laughter as Jett tickled his ribs. After his amazing orgasm he didn’t have much energy to defend himself and quickly capitulated.”OK, OK, stop! How ‘bout we do rock, paper, scissors when the time comes?”

Jett stopped his evil poking of Kyle’s ribs and gave him a quick kiss. “Deal?”

“Deal,” Kyle agreed

“Pinky swear?”

Kyle rolled his eyes and then entwined his pinky with the one Jett offered. “Swear,” he promised.

Kyle was settled once again with his head on Jett’s shoulder, his nose close to the crook of his neck, able to breathe in Jett’s scent that he was becoming quite used to.

“I know it might be too soon, or maybe too awkward, with how things are between you and your parents, but would you like to come to Sunday dinner at my folk’s tomorrow?” Jett asked softly.

Kyle could feel Jett’s chest stop moving as he held his breath waiting for an answer. Not wanting his lover to asphyxiate, Kyle answered “I’d love to,” and smiled as he felt Jett exhale with relief. He hoped that one day soon he’d be at a place where he could introduce Jett to his parents. Definitely his sister. Kyle wanted Megan to get to know the guy he was getting pretty attached to. He was pretty sure they would get along just fine.

This time the kiss was longer and felt oh so good. Kyle rested his head on Jett’s chest and that’s how he fell asleep.

I can see the wheels turning. If you're thinking the obvious, it's not.
Comments and feedback are welcome and encouraged.
Copyright © 2021 kbois; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 54
  • Love 40
Thanks for reading! Comments and feedback are always welcome!
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments




View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..