Jump to content
    Kitt
  • Author
  • 161 Words
  • 1,031 Views
  • 22 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

That Damned Voice... - 1. Christmas? Frustrating!

'Twas ten days before Christmas,

And all through the store,

Not a single light flickered,

Oh what a bore!

No trees to be had,

No Balls and no Merry.

The holiday over before it was ready!

No spirit, no candy,

No Seasons Greetings.

No Shoppers, no carols, no coco, no family meetings.

Boxing Day sales will be bleak I am sure

As anti-climatic as Black Friday lore.

Each year they start sooner,

Way back in October,

And by Christmas Day the season is over.

That Grinch, he stole Christmas, back in '66

He tried to steal everything down to the bricks!

But Cindy Lou Who, who was no more than two,

Made him give it back,

Then he joined her crew!

Can we find Cindy, who is now 57?

Where is she? Where is she?

I cry to the heavens.

Come back, we need you, and your Who Hive

To rescue our Christmas and keep it alive!

Copyright © 2021 Kitt; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
  • Love 14
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Thank you Molly!  I was so frustrated that night. There was not a hint of Christmas anywhere in the store, they had 12 (I counted) real trees in the garden center, 5 or 6 were Charlie Brown trees, and every one was under 4' tall. Fortunately I wanted a short one, and one was nice except for a flat spot on one side.  It faces the wall!

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment

Loved it Kitt!

The Christmas tree lot near my house closed last week... they were out of trees. I think a lot of people who like to wait until the last few days before Christmas are going to be SOL this year. 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 3
Link to comment
7 hours ago, kbois said:

Loved it Kitt!

The Christmas tree lot near my house closed last week... they were out of trees. I think a lot of people who like to wait until the last few days before Christmas are going to be SOL this year. 

I think so too. If I had not been looking for a table top size I would have been. No tree lots around here at all, and the home centers are very close to sold out. About the only choice are cut your own.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, dughlas said:

Oh, this was a treat. Thank you.

You are quite welcome. Thank you for reading.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, drsawzall said:

How quickly we've forgotten the reason for the season...Well done Kitt!!!!

Thank you.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..