Jump to content
    kuragari129
  • Author
  • 3,287 Words
  • 1,194 Views
  • 0 Comments
The content presented here is for informational or educational purposes only. These are just the authors' personal opinions and knowledge.
Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are based on the authors' lives and experiences and may be changed to protect personal information. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

My Life Started After High School - 9. Carter Victor - Ain't No Rest For The Wicked

Chapter 9!
A little bit of Carter's backstory will be brought into this chapter. Abel gets a little more spot light, and there's a little more on Sky and Grey.
Most importantly, Cairo gets his first POV!

Skylar's POV

“Wait you two STILL haven't done IT?” Booker looked at me dead in the eyes with a serious face. “Seriously, what's going on with Greyson?”

Booker is always like this. He was the first person, non-family, that I told about us. Ever since then he always asks how far we've gone and always has that response. “I don't want to push him; we'll do it when he's ready.”

Booker rolled his eyes. “He should get ready already.”

I crossed my arms and glared at him. “He's coming over any minute, so you better change your tune.” Booker flopped over to take up the whole couch. This kid is such an idiot sometimes. “I'm gonna go up and wait for him. You can chill on the couch.”

“Sounds like a deal!” Booker's arms shot up in excitement.

I quickly made my way up the stairs and found Aidyn putting a load of laundry into the washing machine. “Free laundry at home?”

“Those machines are thieves at college.” That was when a really small pair of briefs fell out of the pile of laundry in his hands. I raised my eyebrow. “It's Nathan's; I offered to do some of his laundry.”

I giggled. “Sure you're not trying out some of Noah's underwear?” He rolled his eyes and threw them at me. I dodged them just enough. “Ahha! Now you have to get them!”

Aidyn shook his head and continued to stuff the washing machine. “How's school going?”

“Not too bad, everything is really good. Got all the good teachers.” Seriously, I have the best teachers for all the subjects. It helps that mom works at the school. “Kayde has been weird lately.”

“How so?”

I shrugged. “He brought Greyson aside and asked if we are sexually active.”

Aidyn sighed and shook his head. “He's asked Noah and Ashton for some action. I think he's just extremely horny. Nonetheless, stay away from him; he's not a good guy. He's in it for the action and that's it.”

"Noted.” And just like that, the doorbell went off. Greyson is here! “No embarrassing me, Greyson is here!” Aidyn chuckled as he returned to his laundry.

I bounced my way to the door to find my most amazing boyfriend on the other side. “Hello, Scott!” It's Greyson's standard greeting since our last name is Scott.

“Hey,” I said through my smile.

“Hey, Sky. Booker already here?”

“Yup, he's downstairs hogging the couch like a brat.” Greyson made his way inside. We made our way downstairs back to Booker. “You need to move for Greyson and me.”

Booker groaned, “BUT I'M COMFY!” before he stretched out and took up even more of the couch. “You're couch is really nice to lie on dude. Go into your room and get busy by the time you're done I'll be good.”

“Booker!” Both Greyson and I shouted at him.

He poked his head out from behind the couch. “What? Seriously guys go in there and do it!”

I glared at him and let out a hard sigh. “Seriously Booker, didn't I tell you to behave?”

“Nope, you told me to 'change my tune.' So I did from 'why' to making it happen.”

Greyson crossed his arms and furred his brows. “Booker do you know why I don't want to do that kind of stuff?” He shrugged and lay back down. “It's because I don't want it to be forced, it should be natural that we just end up doing it.

“On top of that, I don't like the idea of not seeing anything when it happens. It's such a personal thing that I cannot stand not seeing the person I'm making love to.” Wow... I never thought of it like that. He's never going to see who he is loving; he's only going to be able to feel them.

“Greyson you can't see anything anyways, so stop focusing on stuff that won't get fixed. You get to feel them in their most vulnerable state and have free reign over their entire body. You get to experience your bodies together as one.

“The first time I did it I barely had my eyes open. It's not about seeing them; it's about knowing you're with the right person. Who cares what they look like, or who they are to anyone else? If it's right, it's right! And let's face it, after all, if Sky isn't right you wouldn't be together.”

Greyson's face looked like he really wanted to be mad, but couldn't. Booker made some good points actually. It doesn't matter what the person you're with looks like. That being said, though, I'm quite surprised Booker had run out of patience before I did.

Booker and Greyson stared at each other for what seemed like forever. “Stop being... right about all this.” Greyson snorted. “That doesn't mean I'm going into that room and just doing it now, though.”

“I didn't expect it to happen, just wanted to get that off my chest. The couch is open for everyone.” Booker got up and opened up the couch for everyone. “Now, what shall we watch?” Maybe the next time we're alone Greyson, and I will actually get to do something. Even if we don't, that's fine too. Greyson is my special someone, and nothing can break that.

 

Abel's POV

“Mom... Kyler wants to know if I can come over to his place on the weekend.” I sat up at the table early for dinner. Maybe I can butter up mom that way.

Mom turned around while stirring our dinner. “You know we need to go over there first.”

I frowned. “Zina got to go over to a friends without you going over.” I crossed my arms. This is not going to go well, and I know it. It's still worth a shot, though.

Mom raised her eyebrow. “That was an exception; we couldn't have gone over, and you know that.”

“She could have come over to Greyson's. Zina didn't have to go to her friends.” I probably said that a little too harsh but I'm upset. She gets one, why shouldn't I get one. But seriously this is probably not going my way at all knowing my mom. “Why does she get a freebie, while I'm stuck having to have you inspect the place?” I put on a slight pout.

Mom put her spoon down and turned. Placing her hands on her hips, she spoke harshly. “Abel that is no way to speak to me. Your father and I will be going over before you will be spending time there and that's final.”

“It's not fair...” I mumbled to myself.

Mom used her super mom hearing though and heard me. “I don't care if you think it's not fair Abel.” I huffed and walked off. Make an exception for the youngest but the middle kid can't get a break ever. Awesome.

 

So here we are... my mom and me at Kyler's. I hope Kyler doesn't have his piercings in; that will probably ruin everything. Mom knocked on the door; I stood there impatiently waiting for everything to be over.

The kid that always picks up Kyler answered the door. “Hey, my name is Kayde; I'm Kyler's older brother. Come on in.” Kyler never mentioned he had an older brother. Why doesn't this guy take the bus with us? Shouldn't he attend the same school like us?

“Hello Kayde, are your parents home?” Mom asked as we took off our shoes. I rolled my eyes; this is so lame, why at 15 do I have to have my parents inspect my friend's.

“Oh ya, I'll go get them for you.” And he was off leaving us in their entry way.

I took a quick look around, and it looked promising. Picture of Jesus hanging in the entry way, neat and organized almost everywhere. So far so good.

Pretty quickly Kyler's parents came and took my mom on a tour of the house. That was when Kyler and all his piercings came flying into the room. “Hey Abel, mom impressed enough yet?”

“You have your piercings in...”

He shrugged. “Hey, she'll see them eventually. Might as well be the first time we meet.” I guess he's right, but nonetheless, it might burden what my mom thinks of things.

We made our way into the living room. “Your brother answered the door...”

There was a sudden realization on his face. “Oh ya, I have a brother.” He laughed scratching the back of his head. “Sorry, I didn't mention that before. It sorta slips my mind when I'm at school.”

“He picks you up at the bus stop...”

“Yep, he usually gets there as the bus is coming. Anyways, we'll wait here for your mom to make her decision.” We ended up chatting about school and teachers in the living room until mom came back with her verdict. “Can Abel stay?” Kyler jumped up as they came into the room.

Mom jumped a bit before speaking. “I don't see any reason why he can't stay.” AWESOME!! Not even Kyler's piercings got in the way of it. “We'll be here to pick you up at 7; Ms. Virtue here has kindly offered to have you over for dinner.”

“Cool, thanks! See you, Mom!” I gave mom a wave before Kyler, and I headed up to his room. We walked by Kayde's room; he was lying on his bed shirtless with a laptop on his lap.

I stood there looking at him for a moment. Kyler snapped his fingers to get my attention. “Hey, you can stop staring at my brother.” I blushed knowing full well I was caught. “He's into guys by the way.”

“Wait what?”

Kyler burst into laughter. “Most people from school go home after I say that. He started going to the public school because of being bullied by students and staff members after coming out.” Oh... great I live in Canada going to an anti-gay high school... this is weird.

“To be honest, I'm gay too.” Even though I know he's accepting of the whole thing, I dropped my head in shame.

Kyler came up grabbing my wrist. “Come on Abel; let's go play some games or something.” I was dragged into his room before he closed the door. “Listen, Kayde came out by himself. No one at school saw it coming. Trust me when I say you don't stand out like that at all.”

“Thanks...” I smiled before we started playing games on his Xbox one. I think we're just starting a great friendship. Kyler is a pretty good guy.

 

Carter's POV

I sauntered out of my room rubbing my eyes. “Morning...” I said to Tracy, who was doing laundry. Once I finished my morning piss, I started to head back into my room.

Tracy stopped me just before I closed the door. “Think we should get you back into school soon?”

I shuttered at the thought. “I don't know...”

Tracy offered a small smile. “You and I both know you can't just not attend school.”

“I know, but that place...” I let out a sigh. That was where my parents kicked me out of my house. We can't simply return there after what happened. It's way too painful.

 

A few months prior.

“Carter Victor to the Principal’s office please.” I got up from my desk and headed out of the class.

I don't know what the Principle would want with me. I'm the kind of kid who stays under the radar in all regards. I'm not one of the bad kids, nor am I one of the smarties. There shouldn't be any reason for me to be called to the office.

When I got there Mom and Ron, my stepdad, were standing there with unimpressed looks on their face. Cairo was sitting outside the office with his head down. “Hey Cairo, what up?” His head was hanging low; I saw a tear fall down onto his lap. “Hey, what's wrong?”

I knelt down in front of him. He turned his face away from me and wiped his eyes with his sleeve. “I'm sorry Carter. There was nothing I could do.” His lower lip was quivering.

“What did you do? Tell me what happened, buddy.” Cairo shook his head vigorously.

“I'm not your buddy. I told them you were gay Carter.” He started to cry again, doing his best to get himself to stop. There was nothing he could do to stop the tears, though.

I sighed, not knowing what I could do to help him. He wouldn't have just said it; Cairo isn't like that. He's blaming himself for all of this, but it's not his fault.

Just as I was about to wipe his tears, the office doors opened up. “Get away from my son!” Ron's booming voice echoed down the hall. “I will not have you corrupting my son with your gayness.”

The principle came out right after. “Sir, I need you to keep your voice down. This is a school for learning not yelling at your children.”

Ron didn't hear a word he said. I got pushed down the hall at full force. I felt the whole weight of that man push me away from my brother, his son. I glared up at this man and screamed. “The fuck!?”

Cairo went to stand up. “Carter!” He was pushed down by his dad.

A finger pointed directly at me. I focused in on it as the booming voice continued. “You will not talk to me like that, Carter!”

“Like fuck, I won't! You just pushed me halfway down the hall!” I stood up glaring into his pupils, wishing I had heat vision or something. Just something to let me hurt him.

The principle stepped between us, facing Ron. “Sir, you must leave the school at once.”

“I'm not going anywhere.” He growled back.

Ron took a step closer; the Principle didn't budge. “One way or another you will leave this school, my secretary has called the police. You have assaulted a youth of this school, and I will not have your presence in these halls any longer. Mr. Reynolds, this is not a request, you must leave the school.”

That stare down was the most intense thing I've ever seen in my life. Now, my principle is not the biggest guy, and Ron could probably take him on pretty easily. But our shouting had caused many staff and some kids to come out of their classrooms and enter the hallways.

When Ron realized that his tune changed almost instantly. He turned and grabbed Cairo by his wrist. “Come on Cairo; we're going.” My little brother was dragged out of the school in front of who knows how many people. The entire time he was looking back at me, scared.

Mom came up to me when Ron had finally left the school. “You are no longer welcome in our home. You're key will not work on the front door, we had the locks changed. Your sins will not corrupt my home.” And like that I was alone.

My body became lifeless at that moment. My mother, if I could still call her that, disowned me. I was homeless with barely any clothes with me. Just a gym bag and what I had on. She walked away, and I just stared into oblivion, focusing on nothing.

There wasn't any emotion left in me. No happy, angry, sad. I couldn't feel any of that. It was like the world come crashing down and all that was left was me floating in the twilight zone. My body floating around in emptiness, my insides hollow.

My trance was broken when the principle placed his hand on my shoulder. I shrugged it off and walked off. I left the school and just walked. Anywhere was better than being there. My life changed from pretty good to just nothing in seconds it felt like.

What am I going to do?

 

Cairo's POV – Current Time

“Mrs. Craven, how do you feel about gay people?” I asked over the dinner table, which had been relatively quiet until then.

She smiled. “I told you Cairo, call me Judith.” She has many times, but I can't bring myself to call an adult by their first name. My dad taught me it was respectful always to use their last.

I've been staying with... Judith, for a few months now. It started just as summer did. Once school was out. Before here I lived in a group home near my school. There were some troubled kids living there; I would always do as I was told and that got me on their bad sides.

When my dad assaulted Carter at our school, the police took me away from him. I don't blame them, with so many witnesses to what happened. Not only that but when I woke up the next morning my wrist was bruised, and I had a bruise on my face from being slapped.

Dad found Carter's magazine under the sink in the bathroom. I was home from school with a really bad ear ache that day. When he wanted to know who's, it was I tried to tell him I didn't know. He didn't like the answer and slapped me really hard; it made my ears ring, and I screamed in pain from it. I didn't want to get hit again, so I told him.

I haven't seen Carter since that day...

“Someone who is gay is no less welcome in this home as any one of the kids we've fostered.” Mr. and Mrs. Craven have fostered many many kids. They can't have kids of their own, so they foster. “I don't like using the term 'gay person' because it sounds like they are somehow different.

“It's like saying 'a Black man' to describe someone. That man is African-Canadian, or African-American, he's not a 'Black man'. He's just as human as you or I. Predigests is not tolerated in this home, as you know. I prefer to use the term gay individual; it's less degrading in my opinion.

“But to answer your question, Cairo: Any kind person is welcome into my life. They could be purple, and I would embrace them as my own.”

I giggled. “If they were purple you might have to perform CPR.”

Mrs. Craven gave a chuckle to my joke. “Yes I guess I would, wouldn't I.” She took a drink of her wine; she always has a drink at the dinner table when Mr. Craven is out of town for work. “Why do you ask about that, Cairo?”

I shrugged. “I don't know... I guess since you've fostered so many kids you might have had a few come in.” I looked down at my plate. This smoked salmon is really good.

“Look up for a second.” I did as she asked. “Is this about Carter?”

I stared at her, shocked. Never once in the few months of me living here has she mentioned him. Like I'm not surprised she knows, just stunned that she hasn't mentioned him once. “Yes, ma'am...”

Her smile is so kind. “If Carter wishes to come here to see you, I would personally see to it that it is possible.” Wow... how am I so lucky to have Mrs. Craven?

“Thanks, Mrs. Craven.”

“It's Judith, Cairo.” She spoke so patiently. We both know I'm going to continue to call her Mrs. Craven for a while, but she'll continue to correct me.

Now if Aidyn knows Carter, then I can find him. Nathan should know where he is; I should start there. I want to find my brother.

Chapter End.

I hope you enjoyed MLSAHS chapter 9. Leave me a review or send me an email; kuragari129@hotmail.com
Copyright © 2017 kuragari129; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
The content presented here is for informational or educational purposes only. These are just the authors' personal opinions and knowledge.
Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are based on the authors' lives and experiences and may be changed to protect personal information. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..