Jump to content
    kuragari129
  • Author
  • 2,133 Words
  • 1,802 Views
  • 3 Comments
The content presented here is for informational or educational purposes only. These are just the authors' personal opinions and knowledge.
Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are based on the authors' lives and experiences and may be changed to protect personal information. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

My Life Started After High School - 1. From Ends to Beginings - September

Aidyn is heading off to school, and Noah isn't happy about it. SKy is ready for the next step, but Greyson is more concerned about his independance. Meanwhile a fifth boy is having a nightmare.

Aidyn's POV

“Why do you have to go to a school so far away?” Noah wined from my bed. “Can't you just go to the local community college?”

I sighed; we'd had this conversation one million times over. “You know why I can't Noah. I wish I could, but they don't offer the courses I want to take.” I want to go into set building for theater productions, but sadly the closest school to offer things of that nature is four hours away. Noah doesn't like this.

Introductions right, I'm not very good at those. My name is Aidyn Scott and, to be blunt; I'm gay. Three years ago it would be hard for me to admit that, but thanks to Noah Wesley, my great boyfriend, that changed. That year my life was a little chaotic, but it's all good now.

Now I'm heading off to college, and sadly leaving Noah behind in High school. He's a senior, so it's not all bad I guess. He's the student body president, which is super awesome! Noah is looking forward to that.

As for my appearance, with a few sports and regular activities of mine, I'm in shape. My black hair is still longer for a typical guy's hair cut but meh. Compared to the people that were in my class at school I'm above average height.

“What will I do with my time with you gone?” Noah rolled over. “I'll have to hang out with friends. Yuck.”

Noah, he's a bit shorter than me. He might be in the grade below me, but since my birthday is on New Year’s Eve, I'm two years older than him. His blonde hair is thicker and covers his forehead. He's not the most active guy, so he's got himself a skinny frame.

I laughed at him before throwing one of my shirts at him. “Keep it; it can be your pj's.” It was one of my favorite shirts, so I'm sure it smells like me or something.

Noah's grin came out from hiding behind a frown. “It smells like you.”

“Good, now you can stop bitching for today.” Until tomorrow when I leave. This will be hell for someone else until I get to my dorm.

A voice from downstairs startled both Noah and I. “Boys... Young men, it's time for Lunch!” Yes! Mom's cooking that is one thing I'm going to miss for sure!

My family is pretty awesome overall. Mom is a school nurse at the high school. My dad is a police officer, who is currently on medical leave for getting shot in the leg. And finally my little brother, Skylar is going into grade 11.

Skylar has turned into a mini-me of sorts. He's about the same height I was at his age; I'm three years older, but not quite as muscular. He's not all that into sports, so that's probably it. He's a good little bro, and wouldn't trade him for anything in the world.

His boyfriend, yes he's gay too, Greyson is really special. First and foremost the kid is blind, but you'd never guess it in my house. That kid can navigate through my house like he could see everything, would love to have that kind of memory.

Greyson has an odd appearance. He's got white hair and red eyes. He's only a tad shorter than Skylar and has grown out of almost all of his baby fat. Greyson doesn't have much muscle since he's not able to partake in sports.

This was to be my last lunch with my family for a while, so I got to make the most of it! When I got down to the dining room, you could see all the different expressions. Dad was proud that I was off to college. Mom's worry was written all over her face. Skylar was excited to be the only kid in the house. Oh, my family.

“How's the packing going?” Mom asked as she was setting the table.

Dad answered for me. “Oh, stop hassling him. He'll get it done in time. If not, that's just one more reason for him to come back for a weekend.” Dad took a big bite of the sandwich in his hands. “Now, the important questions. Do you have your schedule and know where your dorm room is?”

“Yes, and I'm sure someone will be there to show me.” I grabbed one of the half sandwiches from the plate in the center of the table. “It's not a huge campus, but it's not a small one either.”

“Are you sure you don't want us to come along?” Worry, worry, worry. The only time she's worse is if I'm traveling somewhere. I need to report in every time I get signal pretty much.

I just giggled. “I'm sure mom. I can manage by myself.” I looked over at Greyson, who looked like he hadn't touched any food. “Not hungry Grey?”

He turned towards me as I said his name. “Not really. I think I ate too much baking last night.”

“I told you to stop, or you'd get a tummy ache.” Skylar poked at him. “Who was right?”

“Oh shut it you!” Greyson swatted Sky's hand away. For a blind guy, he's got some good aim. “What are you going to school for anyways Aidyn?”

“I'm taking a carpentry course, as well as some technical theater courses. By the end, I should be able to be a set builder for theater performances.”

Greyson nodded. “That sounds like a lot of fun. We've watched some plays and stuff at school; they seemed like fun to be a part of.” I may have helped our woodwork teacher build some of the sets for plays in grade 11 and 12. It was a really fun experience.

Oh family lunch, you don't happen often, when it does, something big is happening. I guess me going off to collage is big.

 

Later that night, and after getting 95% packed. I was laying on my bed with Noah snuggling up to me. My bedroom door was open, but we had Netflix going with a movie. “I don't want you to go away...” The sadness in his voice pained me to hear.

“I know... But I would rather get it all over and done with than wait and not go to school ever.”

“Ya, you've told me. That doesn't stop my feelings, though.” I squeezed him tight. “Promise you'll text me every day and Skype me every night?”

“Texting yes, Skype depends on how much work I have and what's going on that night. Every time I can, you will know.” Noah smiled and buried his face into my chest. “I'm gonna miss these snuggles.”

“The only reason you should need to come back for the weekends.” I chuckled at his comment. “Well I guess your family is up there too, but my snuggles are more your style.” I just rolled my eyes.

I looked at the time, almost 11 pm. “Should we get you home now?”

Noah looked at his watch. “Dam... Ya probably,” he reluctantly got up and headed towards the front door. “This is gonna suck man. I'm too used to having you here all the time.”

“Ya. I promise a date a month like usual.”

Noah turned around with a grin. “That means if you skip a month you owe me two dates in a month!”

I sighed. “Yes, yes it does. Now get in the car so I can take you home.” Man, not having Noah around... what am I going to do with myself?

 

Skylar's POV

I got out of the bathroom, after cleaning all of Greyson's mess off me. Yes, I blew him; yes it ended with his juice all over me. MOVING ON!

Greyson was laying down on the pull out couch ready for bed. “All cleaned up now?”

“Yep! You could have warned me, though.”

“That just ruins the fun of it all.” Greyson laughed. He turned to reach for the lamp but was off by a few feet. I reached over and turned it off for him. “I had that...” He groaned.

“You were a few feet off Greyson. I'm just helping you out.”

“I don't need help all the time. I'm old enough that I can do things on my own now, even with my impairment.” Lately, he's been like this, even with his parents. When you do something for him that he could have done, he gets mad at you. It must be part of the teenage Independence thing, but it can get a little annoying.

“I know, sorry.” I shuffled over to my room. “I get you want to be completely independent, but sometimes you got to let people help you.”

“And I hate that. If it weren't for my eyes, I would be able to function like a normal human being. I hate being treated different because of it.” I get where he's coming from. Aidyn would always do stuff for me when I was little. When I grew up to the point where I could do them, he still did them. It annoyed me when he did that.

Now, I think I know how he felt. He's gotten used to helping out someone who can't help themselves. And because of that it becomes a natural reaction to help them. It's a habit, and it annoys the person who is now able to do it themselves.

“It's an impulse thing; I'm sorry it annoys you.”

Greyson sighed. “I get why; I just wish people would stop and let me figure it out myself. There will be situations where I can't do anything but until then, try to let me do it.”

“I will Greyson, promise.” Why is it whenever this conversation happens I think of sex? Fuck, don't ask me but seriously it happens. “You know one day I would like to take the next step.”

Greyson didn't reply for a moment. “I know Sky. I'll tell you when I'm ready okay?”

“Of course. Good night Greyson.” I turned off my light.

Through a yawn Greyson replied. “G'night Sky.” And with that I closed my door.

School was starting up soon in only a few days. Grade 11 here I come! Greyson and I are going to take you by storm!

 

??? POV

Disgrace!!”

Faggot!”

Get out of my house!”

Your queer ass doesn't belong in my house!”

The voices repeated themselves and echoed all around me. No matter the direction I turned it was another person telling how horrible I am. How being attracted to boys make me less than them. That I don't deserve to live...

Kill yourself before you infect my son!”

You're going to hell you faggot!”

You're no son of mine.”

The toxicity of the voices only grew. They became violent and angrier. Soon I felt my body being hit, kicked, and thrown to the ground. I felt the cold nights I've spent outside with no shelter. Getting woken up by drunks who would assault me further.

Why are you even here?”

Go fucking off yourself kid, no one will love you.”

They are wrong, though. Every one of them. I'm not a horrible person; I will be loved. The things they say because of their own problems, not mine! I have to keep telling myself that or else they will win. I won't lose to them.

Are you okay?”

Come with me, I've got shelter for you.”

The warmth of the voices that help... they are the ones that get me to crack. My body just heats up when I hear someone help me. It's... it's breathtaking at times.

Here kid, get yourself something to eat.”

Take this, I don't use them anymore. They kept me pretty warm.”

Those people... are those I want to remember.

 

“Hey... hey wake up.” I was shaken awake. “You were having a nightmare, everything okay?” Blankets... another boy next to me. I knew him, though, so that was good.

“Ya, everything is fine.”

“Good,” he laid back down and pulled me in close. “I don't want you to have to relive the bad things that happened to you.”

“I don't... just the voices are there. Never have I seen them.”

“I wish I could do something to help you more...”

“You're doing enough by breaking the rules and letting me sleep here.” I wasn't allowed here; it was against the rules of the place. If we were caught he could be evicted, or worse. “I'm just going to go back to sleep now.”

“Okay.” His arm stayed around me. I could feel his bare chest on my back. “Have sweet dreams this time.”

“I'll try.” I try every time I fall asleep, it never works.

Chapter end.

The Character Polls are in! Remember this, someone could have picked all 4, just one, or anything inbetween. The presentages are for the amount of people who answered the question.

Noah - 1st – 70%

Aidyn - 2nd – 50%

Greyson - 2nd – 50%

Skylar - 3rd – 20%

Copyright © 2017 kuragari129; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1
The content presented here is for informational or educational purposes only. These are just the authors' personal opinions and knowledge.
Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are based on the authors' lives and experiences and may be changed to protect personal information. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Administrator

I'm looking forward to the new story. That last POV seems really interesting, and it's going to be intriguing which of the other characters they interact act with first.

 

I've just finished the first book in the series (at another site, sadly -- I didn't realise it was here, too, or I would've been leaving lots of reviews) and while I sometimes have trouble working out who is speaking, overall, I really enjoyed it. Good luck with the new story!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/23/2015 03:41 PM, Graeme said:

I'm looking forward to the new story. That last POV seems really interesting, and it's going to be intriguing which of the other characters they interact act with first.

 

I've just finished the first book in the series (at another site, sadly -- I didn't realise it was here, too, or I would've been leaving lots of reviews) and while I sometimes have trouble working out who is speaking, overall, I really enjoyed it. Good luck with the new story!

Thank you muchly!

I look forward to MLSAHS and what will become of it.

Do some reviews, be my guest, I would love to know what you think. You could also message or email me. My email is kuragari129@hotmail.com.

I look forward hearing from you!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I just started book 2 in the series and I’m sure it’s going to be as good as book 1 or better depending on your views. I’m glad that Noah and Aiden are going to try to have monthly dates and that they’re going to text each other every day and possibly Skype nightly depending on Aiden’s work load. Although I’m not sure who was having the bad dreams at night at the end of the chapter. Other than that I loved the chapter very much and I expect to read soon that Skyler and Greyson take their relationship to the next level,I can only imagine what that’ll be like when it happens, who’s going to be the first to take the others cherry. Onward and upward.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..