Jump to content
    kuragari129
  • Author
  • 3,775 Words
  • 1,417 Views
  • 2 Comments
The content presented here is for informational or educational purposes only. These are just the authors' personal opinions and knowledge.
Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are based on the authors' lives and experiences and may be changed to protect personal information. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

My Life Started After High School - 18. Finding Your Place - Need You Now

Surprise! Another MLSAHS chapter. Typically I rotate back and forth between LUS and MLSAHS, but I was feeling this story a bit more.

I probably wont release any more chapters until my big release for my birthday! July 3rd you'll see a few chapters my three active stories. MLSAHS should have a chapter in that. SHOULD.

Skylar's POV

“I still can't believe you hit him,” I spoke to Booker, my best friend. “Like I was mad at him, but not enough to hit him. Greyson didn't even hit him.” We were hanging out in my room, just relaxing for a bit.

 

Booker laughed. “Eh, my best friend's boy is my boy.” He clicked his tongue as he snapped his fingers at me. I just rolled my eyes. “How is Greyson doing?”

“He's okay, frustrated that he's been stuck at home all weekend.” His mother is being VERY protective of Greyson. It's frustrating the hell out of him. “He just needs to get out of the house for a bit.”

 

“So we're going to free him right?” Booker clicked once more.

 

I rolled my eyes and got up. “Yes, let's go 'free' him.”

 

 

Dad was able to give us a ride over to Greyson's. The amount of times I've been over there, I could walk right on in. The Payne's don't mind me coming in at will; I'm basically part of the family at this point.

 

“Hello Paynes!” I called out as I entered the house. Mr. Payne took a quick glance to the doorway. When he saw it was just Booker and I he offered a wave before returning to whatever he was up to.

 

Greyson was sitting in his room listening to music when we arrived. “Hey, Sky.” I hadn't even spoken yet. “You're footsteps through the house are very different than mom and dads. Who's with you?”

 

“It's Booker.” He replied swiftly.

 

Greyson looked like he was bored out of his mind. Even though we know who kissed him, his parents hadn't loosened up the restrictions they set in place for him. You could see Greyson wasn't happy.

 

“Hey Booker, what are you two up to?”

 

I think Booker picked up on his mood as well. “We thought we'd come over and hang out with you,” Booker spoke the truth, plus we wanted to see how he was doing. “What do you wanna do?”

 

“Leave this house, please and thank you.” Greyson instantly got up and grabbed his jacket from his desk chair. Heading through the house, he wasted no time and went straight for his shoes. “Booker, Sky and I are going out.”

 

His mom came out from where ever she was. “Are you sure? There are plenty of things you three could do here.”

 

I saw the anger in Greyson raise from zero to a hundred. I turned to reply before he could. “We just want to get some fresh air is all. We'll be back in no time.”

 

The concern on Mrs. Payne's face was there, and I knew Greyson knew it was there. Don't have to tell him about it; he knows all too well. As we got to the curb, Greyson spoke up. “She had a look of concern didn't she?”

 

“Ya...” I sighed knowing the reaction Greyson would have.

 

Greyson rolled his eyes before heading off down the sidewalk. “Why can't she just leave me be? Kayde has been found out; I'm not in 'danger' anymore. Let me go back to the way things were before that happened.

 

“Hell, she's going on about taking me out of school. I'll have to learn another school's layout, get new friends and who knows what else. All that just because she's over thinking the entire situation.” Greyson turned towards us. “Am I out of line here?”

 

“Not entirely,” I replied. “I think your mom has a right to worry about you, but I agree that she's taking things too far.”

 

“Thanks, Sky.” He stopped in his steps and turned to us. “I'm 16 years old, if I wasn't blind, I could be driving right now.”

 

Booker laughed. “Please don't get behind the wheel of a vehicle.”

 

“I promise you'll never see me in the driver's seat.” Greyson shared the laughter. “All I want is a little independence. One day they will have to accept that I won't need them around all the time. Why can't I get just a little bit of freedom right now?”

 

All I could do was look at him. I couldn't think of anything to say. He wanted independence, and there was nothing I could do to give it to him. Greyson would always need someone for certain things, but he wants to have complete independence. I don't know if he'll get that.

 

“I don't know Grey...” It was a pitiful response.

 

Greyson's smile grew from ear to ear. “Then I will just have to set up the blind date won't I?”

 

“What do you mean? You'll need some help won't you?”

 

He shook his head. “I'm going to do it all by myself, with minimum outside help. I'll prove to my parents I don't need them to protect me all the time.” I don't know how well this is going to go... but I will support him all the way. I just hope this turns out well.

 

 

Carter's POV

“You're Carter?” I walked into the principal’s office and got immediately asked this.

 

“Um, yes.” I turned to the voice and saw a boy my age. “Who are you?” His hair was so blonde it was white. Then for whatever reason, the tips of his bangs were pink going over some of his amber eyes.

“My name is Cupid. You and I are the two new kids in school.” He let out a giggle. “The next term starts next week, so maybe we won't have to do anything.” I couldn't stop staring at this kid. He just was attractive, and I would pay to get those clothes off.

 

“Maybe, who knows.” What else do I say!?

 

Cupid got up. “The student council president is going to be showing us around and show us where our classes are. I wonder who it is.” I know Cairo knows who this person is; he gets tutored by him once in a while. Apparently, he's dating Aidyn, Nathan's roommate.

 

I just shrugged and said nothing. The entire wait for the Student Council President was very quiet. This Cupid character was whistling to a song he was listening to while we waited. I knew the wait was over when I saw Cairo jumping while he was talking to an older kid coming down the hallway.

 

I looked at Cupid and pointed at the two coming down the hall. “Here he comes.”

 

Cupid got up and looked down the hall. “The older one is kinda cute, eh?” I chose to stay quiet about that, I know Aidyn and wouldn't want to get on his bad side.

 

Just before coming in he told Cairo something and like that Cairo gave me a wave and shot down the hallway. He came into the office and smiled as he grabbed some papers from one of the secretaries. “Hello, my name is Noah Wesley. I'm the student council president and will be showing you two around the school.” He looked at the papers in his hand before continuing. “Carter and... Cupid.”

 

“That's me!” Clearly, he didn't read the tone Noah used. There was some anger in the way Noah spoke. How could these two have a history?

 

Noah took a breath before he continued. “I just gotta ask, were you at a college party the other night, Cupid?”

 

The confusion was clear on Cupid's face. “Yes... How did you know?”

 

Noah instantly turned back to the secretary. “I need someone else to take Cupid around the school.”

 

“Wait, what? Just from that answer, you can't show me around?” Cupid seemed even more confused than I am.

 

Noah turned to him. “If I show you around I'm probably going to hit you. You slept in the same bed as Aidyn, even after him telling you all about me. I can tell from the moment I looked at you that you are either very flamboyant straight boy or interested in other guys.

 

“And since I have some pent up anger on this issue I am choosing to not show you around based on that.” Noah was clear in his voice as he spoke. You heard every word very clearly, he was super serious. “I'm going to ask Rebecca to show you around; you'll like her.”

 

Cupid sat back down. “Fine, whatever. Don't even hear my side of the story.” He rolled his eyes as he crossed his arms and legs.

 

“Come on Carter.” and like that we were out of the office. “Welcome to the school, sorry for that scene.”

 

“It's fine. I probably would have hit him already.” Noah gave a stressful smile before leading me around the school. I got showed where all my classes are, and where everything I would need was. It took just over an hour because Noah was very thorough in the tour.

 

The end of the tour was just as the first class of the day ended. “That's our school. If you have any more questions Carter you can ask me, or Cairo who's very happy you are here.”

 

“Ya, I'm happy I'm here too. Thanks for the tour Noah.”

 

 

A Couple Months Prior.

I was in a car with an older guy... He lived in my hometown and taking me there. After spending so much time away, it's come back full circle. I'm back with nothing more than when I left.

 

“Are you a virgin?” He guy asked me.

 

I shook my head. “No.”

 

He shrugged. “Oh well, I'll still have fun with you.” The car went silent for a bit. It wasn't until we had to slow down that more words were spoken. He undid his fly and pulled out his tool. “Give me some road head kid.”

 

Next thing I knew my face was pulled into his crotch and I had a hard on in my face. Not knowing what else to do, I took it in my mouth and gave him head. Don't ask me how he managed to pay attention to the road as I did this.

 

By the time I was finished down there, we were in town. No idea how long it took to get him off but I did end up taking a load down my throat. I hated the feeling I get after taking a load.

 

I looked around town as we drove through it. We didn't head anywhere near where my parents live, so that was a good thing. I didn't need them seeing me right now.

 

We arrived at his home, and we got out of the car. “I'm just going to go unlock the door; you mind getting my stuff out of the trunk?” I didn't reply but head to the back of his car.

 

I didn't stay there though; I entered a full sprint away from the house. I already had the money in my pocket; I was good for a little bit. When he realized what was happening, I heard him scream something at me, and his car start up.

 

Unlucky for him, I know these streets. I turned down a back sidewalk and continued running. There's like four different paths that this could take, if he doesn't come down here himself, he won't be able to find me. Add to that there's an abandoned tree house deep in the woods I could hide out in for a bit.

 

I hid away for probably an hour. There were a few times I thought I heard him calling for me, but it was always someone calling for their dog. I took out the $200 from my pocket and let out a sigh of relief.

 

By the time I got out, and downtown almost everything was closed. I went into Shoppers Drug Mart and grabbed some toiletries to get myself clean. My next stop was the activity center in town. I sneaked in and had myself a quick shower before heading out.

 

Once all that was finally done, I sat in the fields behind the activity center, wet hair messily drying. I thought I was alone, but it was then that my singularity was lost. “Hey, you're Carter right?”

 

I turned to see Tre walking by with a garbage bag. “Umm, ya...”

 

He set the bag down. “You look awfully tired Carter.” I did notice big bags under my eyes when I looked into the mirror after the shower. “Where have you been sleeping?”

 

“At home,” Lies. Some nights on the streets. Sometimes I don't sleep until I get out of the house. If I'm lucky, I get to stay the night in their bed, most time I was on a couch or something. “Where else would I be sleeping?”

 

It didn't look like Tre believed me. “I'm almost done with my shift at the Youth Center, want a ride home?”

 

“I'm fine. I don't need a ride.” I turned away from him. For whatever reason, I was holding back tears, and I didn't want him to see that. “Thanks though.”

 

“What's wrong Carter?” I heard Tre step closer to me. I got up and took a few steps forward. “I can't help if you don't talk to me, Carter.”

 

Tears escaped me. “I don't need any help!” I screamed at him before running off. Great way to convince him, I know. By the time I stopped running, I had stopped crying. It took me a moment to figure out where I was.

 

It was late though, so I ended up falling asleep at the tree house.

 

 

I woke up, and it was early afternoon, Tre was right I was very tired. My first stop was at a fast food joint to get food. Once fed I made my way into the mall to look for new clothes. I spent quite a bit of money on the clothes but kept enough to keep me fed for the next couple of days.

 

As I went to walk out of the store my shoulder was grabbed and squeezed very tight. The pain was instant, and I almost screamed. “You little shit!” It was the guy I ditched. My scream turned into a faint whisper. “You're coming with me and holding up your end of the bargain and then some.”

 

I tried to pull back, but his grip was too much for me. He was squeezing my shoulder so hard. “Stop, you're hurting me.” I barely got out.

 

“Good, you deserve it.”

 

I was dragged through the mall, people staring at us. We were almost out of the mall when Tre walked into the mall. “Tre!” I called out to him.

 

He stopped in front of the door, blocking our exit. “Hey Carter, who's this?”

 

“I don't know.” I quickly snapped out.

The guy looked over at me. “You little shit, we had a deal.”

 

“What is he talking about Carter?”

 

I shook my head. “I have no idea what he's talking about.”

 

Tre's expression got very serious. “Sir, even if Carter is lying, I would let go of him.” The guy let go, almost tossing me to the floor. He marched angrily out of the mall cursing me under his breath. “What was all that about Carter?”

 

“It was nothing.” There was no doubt that Tre didn't believe me. I wasn't planning on sharing anything with him.

 

Tre sighed. “Where are you staying tonight?” I shrugged. “I have a bed, and you are more than welcome to it if you wish.”

 

“Ya... thanks.”

 

 

Noah's POV

“WHY!?” I screamed as I was walking. Ashton had invited me over, and we were walking to his place. “That Cupid kid has to be attending our school now, doesn't he?”

 

“What's wrong with the new kid?” I guess Ashton hadn't been a part of any of my rants.

 

I turned to him, stopping mid-walk. “He spent the night in Aidyn's bed.”

 

His eyes went wide. “Did they do anything?”

 

“Aidyn was too drunk to remember, and Cupid said they didn't.” Ashton just shrugged. “It's not about if they did anything though. It's about Cupid being in his bed, and he doesn't remember.”

 

“So you're mad at Aidyn and taking it out on the new kid?”

 

I shook my head in frustration. “No. I'm mad at him too. According to what Aidyn said, Cupid was getting told all about me and still went and slept in his bed.”

 

Ashton nodded. “Ok, fair. I'd probably not like someone who did that either.” He continued walking and followed shortly after. “So what's the plan with the newbie?”

 

“I got Rebecca to do it. You know, Ben's Girlfriend.”

 

Ashton looked back at me. “You mean Kayde's, Ben?” I nodded. “She probably hates you right now.”

 

“When doesn't she hate me?”

 

“True enough.” I caught up to Ashton who had started to walk at a slower pace. “Kayde's such a dumb ass.”

 

“A horny teenage dumb ass.” Ashton nodded in agreement. “I feel bad for Greyson; his parents might take him out of school and plop him in a new one. Plus all the guy wants is to have a bit of freedom, and Kayde ruined that for him.”

 

“I didn't think Kayde would drop to sexual assault. I knew he was horny, but really?” It sounds weird calling it sexual assault, but he wasn't wrong. Greyson was forced into a sexual act. “Just from the conversation in the bathroom that one time, I knew he was horny. But like, get grindr or something.”

 

“I don't think he's fully accepted himself.”

 

“Not an excuse.” Ashton was quick to point out.

 

“Not saying it is.” That's far from an excuse. “Just saying it's my opinion. I don't know though; I guess we'll find out sooner or later.” I would rather it be sooner, mostly for Greyson's sake. He needs to get his little bit of freedom back; it's holding him back without it.

 

 

Greyson's POV

“They will be here in a couple of minutes.” I heard mom speak from inside the house. The Entire Virtue family was coming over to apologize to me, Kayde included. “Greyson still outside?”

 

I rolled my eyes. I purposely chose to sit out of the window's sight. I heard dad's voice but not what he said. “Of course I'm outside, where else would I go?”

 

I had been out on the patio for a while, was tired of hearing how frantic mom was about the entire thing. She's probably going to just yell at them all, and we'll never see them again... Hear from them again. I don't know why they needed to apologize to me again.

 

Footsteps already? It couldn't be time. “What you doing Greyson?” I heard Abel's voice call out to me.

 

“Waiting impatiently.”

 

There was confusion in his voice. “For Skylar? He never leaves you waiting.”

 

I laughed; he was right on that one. “No, my parents have people coming over to talk.” I don't want to tell him the entire story though. “And mom is running around frantic.”

 

Abel laughed. “Ya, moms do that. This might be them coming now.” I heard a car slowing and eventually stopping in front of the house. When the doors closed though, Abel got very excited. “Kyler!”

 

There was another boy's voice; I assume to be this Kyler. “What are you doing here Abel?”

 

“I live across the street, do your parents need to talk to Mr. and Mrs. Payne?”

 

“Yep!” Even he sounded annoyed. “Same with my brother. I'm free to do whatever though, right dad?”

 

“I guess so.” Kyler and Kayde's dad seemed pretty cool. You know, of the two time's I've met him.

 

I heard the door open, and mom's heels come onto the porch. “Hello, come on in. Greyson, are you coming in?”

 

I shook my head. “No, I'm staying on the porch. You know where I stand on the issues.”

 

“Okay...” It sounds like mom would rather have me in the conversation. “Abel, it's nice to see you.”

 

“You to Mrs. Payne.” Like that the door closed and we three boys were left outside. “Would you like to do something Greyson?”

“What did you have in mind?” The silence told me he had nothing in mind. “Go off and play with Kyler, I'll be fine.”

 

“You sure?” Abel asked. I nodded and heard them run off.

 

 

Probably close to half an hour later, dad came out onto the porch. His footsteps are like no other. He sat down in front of me and took a breath. “So we've come to a conclusion.”

 

“What is that?” I crossed my arms. Dad's out here telling me; there's something wrong with the deal.

 

“The school has a restraining order system in place that we're going to use. Kayde won't be able to be in the same room as you.” There was more to the story than he wasn't telling me, “but your mother raised a good point.”

 

“What was that?” I glared towards his voice.

 

With a sigh, he continued. “'What if someone else does this?'” I let out a snort of distaste. I knew this was going to come up. “And we managed to convince your mom to not take you out of school if you agree to use the handicap bathroom.”

 

“The one by Skylar's mom's office?”

 

“That's the one. You'll be given a key and shown how to deadbolt the door. It will be like your own little bathroom.” I think dad could tell I wasn't happy about it. “Look bud; I know this sucks, but we're just looking out for you.”

 

“I know, that doesn't stop it from being stupid though.”

“It's the best compromise between your freedom and your mom's worrying. Will you do it?” Dad was right, and there was no denying it.

 

“If it keeps me in the same school as Skylar, I'll do it.”

 

Dad was clearly smiling. “That's good, thanks, Grey.” Ya, whatever Dad.

 

Chapter End.

Next chapter Aidyn will come home, Abel is in for a surprise, Noah morns the anniversary of Ryan's passing. We'll get a little more back story on Cairo's view on his home life before Greyson and SKy's blind date finishes up the chapter. Stay tuned for it!
Copyright © 2017 kuragari129; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
The content presented here is for informational or educational purposes only. These are just the authors' personal opinions and knowledge.
Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are based on the authors' lives and experiences and may be changed to protect personal information. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Humm, it seems there is more to the Cupid story, I think Noah should hear his side of the story, maybe he was actually protecting Aidyn of more experienced and cunning college guys, like his friend Josh😉

  • Like 1
Link to comment

 Even though I don't blame Noah for being angry, I agree he should at least hear Cupid's side of the story. I think the bigger issue he needs to nip in the bud is the fact that Aidyn got blackout drunk and woke up with a stranger in his bed not knowing what happened. Poor Greyson can't catch a break. I understand him wanting more freedom, but I also understand his parents wanting him safe. I'm glad they talked his mom out of pulling him out of the school, and I think the private bathroom is a reasonable request, even if Greyson doesn't think so. Lol! Carter's flashbacks are so sad. I'm  very happy that he's in a better place now.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..