Jump to content
    kuragari129
  • Author
  • 2,650 Words
  • 1,505 Views
  • 4 Comments
The content presented here is for informational or educational purposes only. These are just the authors' personal opinions and knowledge.
Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are based on the authors' lives and experiences and may be changed to protect personal information. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

My Life Started After High School - 21. When I Came Out - What Doesn't Kill you(Stronger)

Cairo, Abel, Carter and Noah all face a truth and a hard conversation. They must each come out their own way.

Abel's POV

I said nothing as the principle scanned the two of us. My mind was too focused on what I am going to tell my mom and dad when they get here. Jason and I were kissing... do I throw him under the bus and try and make it all his fault?

 

If they found out I did that, I would be dead, again. Being gay isn't bad enough, I'm thinking of throwing this kid to get all the hits? No, I couldn't do that to Jason. His parents are probably religious too; he's already got enough problems going on.

“Nothing to say?” The principal didn't seem surprised. “Good, not a word until your parents arrive.” And with that, he left us sitting here alone.

 

I looked over at Jason, and he didn't seem concerned. My worry must have been written all over my face though. Jason gave a little shrug. “Shouldn't be too bad.” He said so faintly that I barely heard him.

 

“I don't know.” I matched his quietness. “My parents might kill me.”

 

“Mine only want me to get the best education, this just so happens to be the only private school in the area. They aren't religious or anything. I've told them I'm gay.” As if they had bat hearing the secretary hushed us, and we returned to our silence.

 

That must be nice, not having to worry about parents knowing you're into the same sex. I'm named after a biblical character for goodness sake. All three of us kids are, they have to be against gay people. There's no chance for me.

 

Jason's parents got here before mine. They had a quick word with him before going into the office. They seemed like they were not impressed they were called but calmed down after talking with Jason.

 

Mine had this concern look on their face when they came in. “Abel, are you okay?” I wasn't expecting that reaction from them. “You're not hurt or anything?”

 

I shook my head. “No, I'm fine.” Did they think Jason attacked me? “I wasn't hurt by it at all.” The principal told them right?

 

“By what?” Dad asked. “We were told it was an urgent matter of the utmost importance.” They have no information at all... wow. What's my next play?

 

Jude came walking down the hall, his face just as concerned as my parents. “Nothing horrible, promise.”

 

“Well, that's good.” Mom sat down beside me as Jude came into the room. “Jude picked me up from work, that's why he's here. So what did happen?” I'm very glad Jude is here, he'll make their reaction a little better than what I would normally expect.

 

I was just about to speak when Kyler rushed through the doors. “Don't hate him!” He was panting, must have run here the moment he heard. “He's still Abel!”

 

Mom and dad both seemed very confused about Kyler's comments. And who could blame them? “I hadn't told them yet Kyler...”

 

Kyler whole face turned a bright red. “Oh, sorry. You were planning on it though, right?” He had a hopeful tone in his voice. I nodded. “Oh thank god.”

 

Kyler got small glares from mom and dad, but their attention quickly turned back to me. “Tell us what?” Dad asked me.

 

“Mom... Dad...” I took a deep breath and looked at Jude. He nodded in support and gave me a little smile. “I'm gay; I like other boys, not girls.”

 

My dad smiled at me. “Is that why you're in the office here?” I nodded, sweating. “And you think we're going to have a problem with it?”

 

“I mean we're Catholic, don't we hate gays?”

 

“Some of us yes, some no.” Mom was rather calm; I expected something more frantic and hysterical. She had none of that. “And we're part of those who don't have an issue.”

“You don't?” Both Kyler and I spoke at the same time. We both blushed and shared a look at each other.

 

Mom giggled. “No, we don't. Your father and I have had many conversations about this, and even talked to many people who we respect in the Catholic community.” They must have spent days in conversation with people. “Some were not so supportive; others were very. We determined that there was nothing wrong with being gay.”

 

Kyler came around and hopped from one foot from to another. “You're free dude! No more hiding! I'm so proud of you!” I giggled at Kyler being an idiot.

 

“So... do I have to stay here now that I'm out as a gay student?” Mom and dad looked like they were hesitant about the whole thing. “I'll be treated differently by both students and teachers. I won't be treated fairly anymore, and I would rather be somewhere else to learn.”

 

“That's a pretty fair assessment Faith.” Dad looked at mom with some look. They seemed to have an almost silent conversation about my future. “I think Abel has a point. There is another school in town.”

 

“Is this what you want Abel? You've spent almost an entire semester here. You'd be restarting your school life” Mom voiced all her concerns at once.

 

All I could do was smile and nod. “Yes, more than anything!” If I could see myself, I'm sure I'd have a twinkle in my eye. I was excited to leave this shitty place and go to a public school. Who cares if you get a 'lesser education' there will be more for me there. I know it.

 

 

Carter's POV

“You sure you want to do this Carter?” Tre asked me as we exited our place. “You don't have to do this if you don't want to.”

 

I shook my head. “I think this is something I need to do.” Tre nodded, and we got into the car.

 

We were heading to Nathan's house, the first home I stayed at. I was going to see my Aunt and Nathan and apologize for all the worry I caused them. It wasn't fair of me to run away from them after they went through so much to help me.

 

Nathan had told me he was heading home from college for a bit, so I thought it would be the best time to actually talk with them. Tell them what happened and why it happened. I feel they deserve that explanation.

 

The drive wasn't terribly long, only 3 hours. We had plans to stay the night at the Reynolds household. Not sure how well this will turn out, but nonetheless it's happening.

 

Our drive was filled with silliness as we listened to music. Tre and I joked around most of the way there. Until Tre suddenly turned the conversation very serious. “You seem very happy now Carter.”

 

“I am,” was all I could reply with. It was true; this was the happiest I've been in a long time.

 

“I'm glad; you deserve it.” Tre ruffled my hair, but I swatted his hand away. We laughed, but our ride got quiet after that. Even when we got to Nathan's house, we were rather quiet. It was a good quiet though like we both were satisfied with what was said.

 

It was a wild ride telling my story to Nathan and his mom. I told them everything from start to finish. Pretty sure my Aunt cried more than I did. To be fair though, we each had our fair bit of crying.

 

“I had no idea that's what was going on in your head.” My Aunt tried to justify her not helping me.

 

I shook my head. “Don't beat yourself up; I didn't share this with anyone for a long time. There was no way you could have known.” I offered her a hug, and she swallowed me in her arms. I giggled and just tightened my grip.

 

After dinner, Tre and my Aunt went to bed. We were planning on leaving in the morning, and I intended on sleeping most of the way back. So Nathan and I stayed up and chilled together.

 

“Are those new headphones?” I had just taken notice of the headphones around his neck. Nathan almost always had some on; these just looked brand new.

 

He nodded. “Yeah, my friend Josh gave them to me.”

 

I raised my eyebrow. “Gave them to you? Those look like a $200 pair of headphones.”

 

“$250, but who's counting?” He awkwardly laughed. “He won them and gave them to me. Mine broke just before coming home.”

 

“Was it that looser again?” Nathan had this idiot always picking on him. I don't remember the name for the life of me though.

 

Nathan rolled his eyes. “Yes, it was Kadin. He got what he deserved though. Rebecca got him kicked out of school for multiple accounts of bullying. Not even just on me.”

 

“Well, he's an asshole. But that's good for everyone involved.” His mind seemed to wander off as I spoke. “So is it Josh or Rebecca?” I smirked as he was brought back to reality.

 

He laughed nervously, “I'm not sure honestly. Josh is a nice kid, but high on energy. Rebecca is absolutely stunning, but if I'm being honest, I prefer guys.”

 

“So you need to pick one and go for them. You can do it, Nathan; either would be lucky to have a great guy like you.”

 

He rolled his eyes. “I'm gonna tune you out now. Go to bed Carter.” Nathan put his headphones on and did exactly what he said he would.

 

I eventually ended up going to bed, after bugging Nathan some more. My family sure is not related by blood. None of my blood family care for me as these people do. I guess this proves it; you actually can pick your family.

 

 

Cairo's POV

Mr. Craven had come home for a bit, partially to help us with our legal case against my father and step-mom. They had been talking with their lawyer for probably close to an hour now, and they've asked me a ton of questions.

 

“Nothing here is enough for a case against your step-mother. Is there anything else you can think of that may help?” The lawyer turned to me and looked at me dead in the eye.

 

“Carter,” I said plainly. “My dad and his mom kicked him out for being gay.”

 

He sighed. “That's something to have, but I don't think it will be enough. There are two scenarios that are good here, and one bad one. The bad is if the judge decides to make you go back with your step-mother. The good, is he lets you stay with the Cravens or if the judge lets Cairo decide.

 

“Either of those choices would get, and I think our best play is to push for Cairo's choice.” That would make it so that I'm staying at the Cravens. There's no way that I'm moving back with that witch. “Aside from Carter, is there anything else?”

 

I thought more on this answer. I had to find something that would block my return to that dreaded household. And like that I had it. “My sexuality. If we can establish that Carter was kicked out because of him being gay, then we have something strong.”

 

The lawyer was taken back for a moment. “Cairo, are you saying you're gay?”

 

“No.” I shook my head. “If I were to give myself a sexuality I would say bi-curious. That should be enough to keep me out of that house.” It was brilliant. If we prove Carter was kicked out because he was gay, then I can say I'm bi-curious, and that will be an open and shut case.

 

He nodded. “That could be something, but we would need to convince the judge about Carter, we have a card to play. Are there any witnesses we should call to prove this? Besides Carter, of course.”

 

“My Aunt held Carter in her house for a day or two, and my father went over and freaked on her. She could potentially be called as a witness to prove it.”

 

 

Mr. and Mrs. Craven looked at me with a proud look in their eyes. I was proud of myself too. I came up with a plan to keep me away from the witch of step-mother. This court hearing is getting better and better sounding.

 

It will be a walk in the park!

 

 

Noah's POV

“You promise you'll be nice?” Aidyn asked me as I went to leave his car.

 

I nodded. “Yes, I promise to be nice when I talk to Cupid.” I had decided I was going to apologize to Cupid for my actions without hearing his side of the story. “So don't worry about me.”

 

“Okay, have a good day Noah. I'll be here once school is done.” Aidyn yawned. “For now, I'm going back to bed. See you later, love you.”

 

“Love you too.” I blew him a kiss before heading to the school.

 

I didn't outright look for Cupid; I kept my eye out for him throughout the morning. At lunch, though I was on the hunt. With no signs of him in the morning, I was worried he didn't show up for school today. I even hung out at places I would see him constantly.

 

When Tiz and I walked into the lunch room, I saw him. He was sitting by himself eating his lunch. The pains of being the new kid.

 

There was no time to waste, I turned to Tiz and spoke, “Hey, I'm going to sit with Cupid today.”

 

He gave me this confused look. “I thought you hated the kid?”

 

“Something has changed,” I replied simply before walking over to him. He had music playing in his ears, so I tapped his shoulder. He turned and rolled his eyes before removing his ear buds. “Hey, can we talk?”

 

“What about?” Cupid groaned.

 

“About how much of an asshole I was when we first met.”

 

Cupid smirked. “This is true, and an acceptable topic of conversation.” I sat down at the table beside him. “What makes you get a change of heart?”

 

“Aidyn. He's pretty convincing. We level each other out very well.” I shrugged before looking at him dead in the eye. “I'm sorry I didn't listen to your side of the story before making assumptions. It was rude of me and was unfair to you.”

 

Cupid smiled. “Thanks for the apology.” And left it at that. He turned back to his food and continued to eat it. When he noticed I didn't leave he turned back to me. “Why are you still here? Shouldn't you be eating with your friends?”

 

I shook my head. “I'm showing with my actions, as well as my words, that I am sorry. Though if you'd like me not to sit with you, I will leave.”

 

Cupid had a moment of shock before shyly smiling. “Yeah, you can stay for a bit.”

 

I ended up learning a bit about Cupid. That his brother attends the collage Aidyn does, and that's why he was at the party. He had lost track of his brother, who wasn't answering his phone. With nowhere to stay Aidyn came in to offer him a place to sleep.

 

Like I said to him, I judged way too quickly, and that's on me. He ended up being a pretty cool guy when given a chance.

Chapter End.

Thanks for your patience for this chapter to come out. Sorry it isn't two like I promised on my social medias. I got a new puppy and he's taking a lot of my time.

I hope you enjoyed it!

Copyright © 2017 kuragari129; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 10
  • Love 2
The content presented here is for informational or educational purposes only. These are just the authors' personal opinions and knowledge.
Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are based on the authors' lives and experiences and may be changed to protect personal information. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Nothing wrong with this chapter, and by all means the new fur baby takes precedents.  Glad Noah could forgive Cupid, and maybe become friends with the new kid.  Thanks for the new chapter, and scratch that puppy behind the ears for me..

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I've finally finished both of your My Life Started... stories, I love them so much. I really like all characters, especially Greyson. Will we ever get an explanation of why exactly is he blind (I know it was mentioned he was born that way), and is there a chance of some surgery ever being done to restore his sight? Thank you for the great stories! :)

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
14 hours ago, ObicanDecko said:

I've finally finished both of your My Life Started... stories, I love them so much. I really like all characters, especially Greyson. Will we ever get an explanation of why exactly is he blind (I know it was mentioned he was born that way), and is there a chance of some surgery ever being done to restore his sight? Thank you for the great stories! :)

I don't think I'll ever give Greyson his sight. Just hasn't ever been something I've considered.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
3 hours ago, kuragari129 said:

I don't think I'll ever give Greyson his sight. Just hasn't ever been something I've considered.

I was just curious, thanks for the response! You're doing a great job with all of the characters!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..