Jump to content
    kuragari129
  • Author
  • 2,537 Words
  • 980 Views
  • 1 Comments
The content presented here is for informational or educational purposes only. These are just the authors' personal opinions and knowledge.
Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are based on the authors' lives and experiences and may be changed to protect personal information. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

My Life Started After High School - 15. Important Decisions - For Evigt

Everyone is getting right into things. As the chapter title tells us, important decisions are being made or something is happening as a result of one.
The next chapters will be full of drama!

Noah Years Ago

Through his tears, Noah’s father choked out, “Ryan's dead bud.” Noah's face went snow white. His breath began to become heavier as the realization set in. He looked from face to face around him; all held sympathy but nothing to sooth the boy.

“No, no you're wrong!” Noah told his father. He shook his head, and in turns his whole body. Noah ran downstairs towards Ryan's room. “RYAN!? RYAN!?” He called out for his brother, who was no longer in the home.

Noah went from room to room taking glances before moving onto the next. Ever room he looked into there was nothing. Where ever Noah looked there was nothing, no one. When he finally made it to Ryan's room he stopped for just a moment.

He saw a cut rope hanging from the ceiling fan. Dried blood was on his side table and below the rope. Noah dropped to his knees, eyes wide open, and he screamed. His mother, who had followed him, wrapped her arms around her son to comfort him.

 

In the weeks to come there would be a funeral held for the boy. Noah stayed home from school every day; with a tutor at home they tried to continue his studies. The young boy would space out and not follow the work in front of him.

The news came quickly to the Wesley household of Mr. Wesley's need in the army. Being sent out to Afghanistan only weeks after his son's death. He tried to say he couldn't go for obvious reasons. The Army’s reply was that it was an order. So he went off to war.

Noah finally went back to school, but only for a day. Knew of Ryan spread like wildfire around the school. Kids started to say things to Noah about his older brother. “He's a faggot.”

“My brother told me he sucked his dick!”

“You're the brother of a class A slut.”

“He probably got herpes or some other STD. Would have died anyways.” That was the one that set Noah over the edge. The boy who said it was sent to the hospital for several bruises and a fractured bone. Noah was pulled out of school that day.

With the help of tutors, Noah stayed on track with his schooling as time went by. He actually got a fair bit ahead of where he should have been. His learning was the highlight of his mother's days.

That is until a second death in the family happened. A few days after the news shared that a few soldiers had died in Afghanistan, a man in uniform came to their front door. When he gave Mrs. Wesley the news, he was slapped hard across the face. He did not blame the woman, only apologized for her loss and handed her a business card. “Your husband ashes will be here in a few days.”

“Get out of here!” She screamed to the messenger.

Still, morning from the loss of his brother, Noah's response was lacking. Emotionless, Noah said nothing and hugged his mother. He didn't know how to feel, what to feel. His studies stopped and most of Noah's days were spent lying in bed doing nothing.

Noah started to see a psychiatrist with his mother. His mother was much more willing to speak, Noah mostly sat there and answered with small answers, “Yes,” “No,” “Okay,” all very short answers.

Mrs. Wesley was prescribed Anti-depressants by the doctor. At home she drank and drank, trying hard to take away the pain of her losses. When Noah finished with his studies, he found a drunken mother. When he woke up in the morning, she was hung over.

Then one day... Mrs. Welsey was found with an empty bottle of pills. Noah Wesley was now the only member of his household alive... and barely 12.

 

Abel's POV

I was just coming home from school when Jude gave me this look. It was this look of 'we need to talk about something important.' Something that our parents can't know about, so I just assumed that it was something about Jason.

Then he came out of nowhere and said, “Jason acts sorta gay, doesn't he?” I stood there looking at him blankly. “Abel, why the awkward silence?”

“I've never noticed, I mostly ignore him.” I tried to leave giving him the most awkward smile there could ever be. “See ya.”

Jude moved quickly and grabbed my arm. “What aren't you telling me, Abel?” I tried to get out of his grip, but he was a billion times stronger than me. I was stuck. “Abel...”

I turned to him and spoke quicker than I intended. “Jason isn't even a friend.” I took a breath and continued. “He pestered me into bringing him over. I don't like him at all, really.” Again pulling away, Jude tightened his grip. I smacked his arm as hard as I could.

“Dude, chill. I just want to know what's going on with my little brother.” He stared at me intensely; he wanted me to say something. “What's going on Abel?”

I pulled my arm away a third time, and it was finally let free. “Nothing!” It was clear, even to me I was not the least bit convincing. Jude went back to his original look. “This stays between you and me.”

“I can't promise that I can promise that I will do my best to look out for your best well being. You're my little brother after all.” He sat down on his truck and crossed his arms.

“It's nothing bad, nothing you'll HAVE to tell anyone.” If Jude is going to know I like boys, I have to get his word. “Please promise me, Jude.” On the brink of tears, I begged my brother.

Jude let out a huge sigh. “Fine. I won't tell anyone. That it is contingent on it being nothing serious. Now let it out.”

I clenched both my fists, tensed up tight and just let it go all at once. “I'm attracted to boys.” Pretty sure Jude could barely hear me. It's hard to tell family, especially a Catholic family in this day in age. A good portion of them hate gays, and what seems like the smaller portion accepts them.

Jude... in the midst of this chaos was someone I had no idea what his reaction would be. He seemed fine with it from what I saw. My eyes were pointed towards the gravel floor, just barely having him in sight. He got up and walked right by me.

When I turned to him, he was grabbing the basketball. “Wanna work on some shots?”

I stared at him confused. “That's all you have to say?”

Jude just shrugged. “I love you; you're my little bro. Nothing will ever change that; I don't need to be gay to support them having equal rights. I would like to think that one day if my kid ever has to tell me what you just told me, that it would be like nothing.”

I couldn't help but run up and hug my big brother ever so tightly. “Thanks, Jude. I'm bi, not gay, though.”

He gave me a few pats on the back and ruffled my hair. “You're 14 that can change. As of right now, you know you like boys. I'll forever be on your side and intimidate anyone you date.” I look up at him, snearing my face at him. “Look like that for too long, and your face will stay like that.”

“Screw you too.” Jude rolled his eyes before we ended up going inside. True to his word, when we talked to mom, he said nothing. I've got my big bro in my corner for when mom and dad finally find out. So that's always good to have.

 

Greyson's POV

I've had a shadow at school for almost a week now. It's honestly the most annoying thing in the world. Knowing that I have someone following me if I'm going to the bathroom or something, it's so dumb.

Like last class, I had to use the bathroom. When I left, I could hear the footsteps behind me. Sure there were footsteps occasionally before, but these were purposely following me. Why can't I just be left to be on my own?

When I got home after my parent’s executive decision dad tried to sweet talk me into accepting it, but that didn't work either. “We're just worried for ya, buddy. We want to find the guy who did it in the first place. Unfortunately, you have to take a step back for a bit.”

“A step back!? No, I have to take a million steps back.” I replied to him furiously. “Now when we go out, if I use the bathroom mom is going to want you to come with me. If we're shopping, I can't get dropped in a section or you guys will be worried something will happen. It's not a single step back, it feels like a million!” I was sure mom could hear me when I said it too. I wanted her to hear me.

Dad had let out a sigh and sat on my bed. “Greyson, I know it's hard being a teenager. Even harder for you since you lack your sight. I wish I could tell you that I'm not concerned about you and what happened. I want you to be safe, but since we have no knowledge of who it was this is the safest bet.”

I sat on my floor with a loud thud. It kinda hurt my butt, but there was no way I was going to show dad that. “I know, I understand. Still, don't like it.”

“I'm sorry buddy, but that's what's been decided.” He got up and started to walk off. “See you at dinner.” I didn't reply to him.

So here I am, in class having someone always looking over my shoulder. The moment that bell went off I was out of that class and into the chaos that was the hallways. With that T.A. left behind in my dust. I went straight to Sky's class.

“Whoa Greyson.” Sky stopped me in the hall. “What's the hurry?”

“I wanted to get to you.” I could feel my face heat up. “Didn't think it would bug the hell out of me having someone follow me around.”

Sky gave off an awkward laugh. “Ya, I would never know how that felt, but I sympathize with you. What can I do to get it off your mind?”

“Bring me to lunch!” Linking our fingers together we head off towards the lunch room. After we had started eating, I began to bitch about my 'shadow' in all my classes. “Can the dude just tell me who he was?”

“I don't think you want that.” Our friend Markus spoke as he swallowed the food in his mouth. I looked over at him raising an eyebrow. “Well if you find out who it is, Sky is probably going to punch them... a lot.”

In the middle of a mouth full Sky spoke up. “Oh hell ya!”

“Finish your bite before you speak!” I smacked him kinda low on his chest, almost winding him. “Oh, sorry.” He choked his food down.

“Anyways, eventually one of two things will happen.” Marcus continued. “Either the guy will get revealed, or the worry from the principle and your parents will deteriorate, and things will get back to normal.”

“Whichever one happens first will make me happy!” I finished the food that mom had prepared for me. “I'm sure I'll get used to the whole someone looking over my shoulder thing, but right now it's really bugging me.”

“I've got you.” Sky gave me a huge hug. Only two more years of mom babying me and I'll be able to go out on my own. No more babying, just me and my independence.

 

Carter's POV

“How's your room coming?” Tre asks me as I come out of the shower. “Getting unpacked I hope.” He put out a plate of pancakes on the counter for me.

“Thanks and ya, it's getting there.” I grabbed the plate and just stared at it. I was too nervous to eat any of it. It was the day Tre, and I are going to the school so I can start getting back into school. I know I'm like... who knows how far behind but I have to catch up sometime.

Tre got another pancake onto a plate before turned to me. “Nervous? I would be. Hell, I start work tomorrow.” I just smiled and took a small bite. “There isn't anything here that should bring up anything; you'll be fine. I'll be there every step.”

“I know.” Doesn't change how my nerves are at the moment. I slowly started to eat all my food and somehow finishing before heading off to the school.

Tre had everything he'd need, even custody papers. They had this lack of belief on their face when they saw a 23-year-old with custody of a 15-year-old. I think it came from us not being related more than him actually having it.

“May I take a walk?” I asked as they were just finishing up the paperwork. “I just want to take a look around the school?”

The Principle smiled and nodded. “Yes go ahead; just don't interrupt any of the classes.” I headed off down the many halls of the school. It was a pretty nice walk around the school. A little smaller than my old school but a little friendlier.

Reaching a dead end, I turned around to a kid staring at me from down the hallway; I took me a few seconds to get a good look at the guy. I think we both realized it at the same time. “CARTER!!” Cairo screamed and booked it down the hallway.

Wrapping his arms around me, he started to cry. His grip was so tight that it felt like he would never let go. I loosely placed my arms around him, holding back tears of my own. “Hey, Cairo...”

“I found you. Nathan was looking, but I found you!” He spoke through his sobs. What happened with Cairo? Why is he here and not with mom or even Nathan's mom? I'll find out soon I guess.

 

Aidyn's POV

“You sure you're fine with me getting hammered tonight?” I asked Noah for the millionth time.

He laughed. “YES! Just get your butt here tomorrow. Now go have college fun, and I'll see you tomorrow.”

“I love you, Noah.”

“Love you too Aidyn.” I blew him a kiss and ended the Skype call.

Bryce was impatiently waiting at the door. “Come on dude; I wanna get shattered! We missed the last big party; we have to do good this time.”

I turned to Nathan, and before I could say a word, he waved me off. “Get out of here and leave the nerd to his computer. Enjoy yourselves.” Time for the party of the century! Sure there may be better ones, but this was my first college party. Things are about to get wild!

Chapter End.

Aidyn was planned to have a bigger POV at the end of this chapter but I decided to save it for next one. It'll be worth the wait, promise!
So if you didn't read MLSEW you now know Noah's backstory. I will go into more detail on some events in the future with Noah, promise. I wont leave it all rushed as it is right now.
THANKS FOR READING!
Copyright © 2017 kuragari129; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
The content presented here is for informational or educational purposes only. These are just the authors' personal opinions and knowledge.
Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are based on the authors' lives and experiences and may be changed to protect personal information. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I think what Noah went through shouldn’t happen to any child no matter how old they are. I felt bad for him going room to room looking for Ryan and then when he got to Ryan’s room and saw the rope and the blood that’s when it really hit him, then just weeks after Ryan’s death and funeral Noah’s dad gets notified that he was being deployed to Afghanistan. It wasn’t but a few weeks after his dad was deployed that they heard on the news that some soldiers were killed in Afghanistan then the next day a soldier comes to deliver the news that his dad was one of those who were killed and that his ashes should be there in a few days. After that Noah and his mom started seeing a psychiatrist while his mom would talk Noah would give short answers such as yes, no or okay, his mom was prescribed antidepressants to help her with the loss of not only her oldest son but her husband as well. After the news of her husband being killed Noah’s mom started drinking more and more then awhile later she was found with an empty bottle of pills, that’s when Noah became the sole survivor of his family. That has to be hard for a 12 year old to deal with, thankfully his aunt took him in so he wasn’t alone. Since moving in with his aunt and cousin Noah has gotten a boyfriend who adores and loves him, Noah found out the real reason for Ryan’s suicide he couldn’t handle what he was forced to do by the babysitter they had at the time. I’m glad that Carter and Cairo have found each other again just by chance of Tre getting custody of him and then getting a new job in another town, when they went to register Carter for school they were in the office and Tre was having to fill out a bunch of papers and so Carter asked if he could possibly walk around the school so he could get used to the layout and where things were, when he came to a dead end he turned around and then Cairo saw him and came running to him. I’m glad that Carter and Cairo are going to be together again and they don’t have to worry about their parents getting between them again. Another excellent chapter.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..