Jump to content
    lilansui
    • Author
  • 2,915 Words
  • 2,646 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Kiss me to Springtime - 11. Chapter 11

Ryo’s arm on Soubi’s shoulder tightened and Soubi winced as he stared at Rin Kouga. The man looked too good, too vital. Soubi sighed. Rin’s hair was dyed deep red, and cut in a Mohawk. The burgundy t-shirt and fitted grey pants showed off Rin’s strong physique. Rin’s eyes had always been his defining factor. Now they were shaded with black kohl, always looking the part of lead guitarist for Blazing Red.

Rin wore the dark glasses hanging on the front of his t-shirt.

“We’re indoors, Kouga,” Ryo taunted. “I don’t think you need the dark glasses.”

“I don’t want to be burned by all the passion rolling off you two.” Rin’s lips curved into a smile. “It was always so obvious. I’m jealous.”

“Well, that’s great. Leave.” Kaito pointed to the back door.

“Kaito, I missed you.” Rin turned to Kaito. “Still wearing the Furiroda shirt in this house, thought you’d be tired of being under the Asada shadow.”

“I guess it’s the limit of my ambitions.”

Kaito sneered before he sipped the coffee he was holding on to like a talisman.

“What do you want?” Ryo asked.

“Soubi,” Rin replied with a sly smile. When Ryo made a harsh sound, Rin lifted his hands in surrender. “I just want to talk to him.”

“Not happening.” Ryo said, holding on to Soubi.

“What, you don’t only fuck him, you talk for him?” Rin asked, cocking his head to the side. “I always thought he had more balls than that.”

Ryo let Soubi go and started for the kitchen table. Soubi grabbed Ryo’s arm to stop him, afraid if Rin and Ryo started fighting, it might never stop.

“I’ll talk to him.”

“Hell no,” Ryo shrugged his hold away. “You have no time for this bastard. If he has anything to say, he should say it now.”

“Look at that.” Rin shook his head sitting back in his chair and crossing his arms against his chest. “Soubi, I didn’t think you were the type to be ruled.”

“Maybe I’ve changed,” Soubi said, glaring at Rin.

“Don’t forget, Soubi. I’ve known you longer than these two.”

Soubi pushed his hair back and wished Ryo hadn’t taken his rubber band. Touching Ryo’s arm, he sighed.

“Ryo, can I talk to you?”

Ryo frowned at him. Soubi gave him a pleading glance and for a moment, he thought it wouldn’t happen. Then Ryo turned and led the way out of the kitchen, into the hallway.

“I can’t leave you with him,” Ryo said, before Soubi could even start talking. “You’re not ready.”

“You are not even giving me a chance.” Soubi glared at him. “I can take care of myself. Rin is not going to hurt me.”

“I’m not worried about him hurting you.” Ryo paced the width of the hallway before he leaned on the wall. “You don’t fight him off. You never have.”

“I never had a reason before.” Soubi grabbed Ryo’s left hand and pulled off a rubber band from Ryo’s wrist, marveling at the array of colors. “You need to stop stealing my rubber bands. I need to talk to Rin.”

Soubi tied his hair back in a haphazard ponytail.

“You and Kaito can go grocery shopping.”

“No.” Ryo shook his head his dark eyes rebellious. “We’re not leaving.”

“You’re acting as though he’s going to drag me out of here.”

“Isn’t he?” Ryo bent his head down, hiding his eyes. “The other night you told me you couldn’t let him go. You might end up going with him.”

Shocked by the insecurity in Ryo’s voice, Soubi took a step forward and leaned up to press kisses on Ryo’s forehead.

“I love you, Ryo Asada.”

“You’re killing me.”

“You don’t have to go shopping. Just give me ten minutes with him.”

“Five.” Ryo bargained. “I’ll barge in if you insist on ten.”

Soubi chuckled.

“Fine, five, take Kaito with you to the living room.”

Ryo nodded but didn’t say another word.

Soubi stepped away and started for the kitchen. His heart pounding in his chest, he thought about the last time he talked to Rin. They’d been at their old apartment before Rin left. Soubi had wanted Rin to stay, he’d begged, threatened, screamed, cried…he sighed.

Soubi pushed the kitchen door open followed closely by Ryo. Kaito was putting more coffee in his cup, an unlit cigarette dangling from the corner of his mouth.

“Come on,” Ryo called to Kaito.

“What about him?” Kaito nodded his head to Rin.

“Soubi has this.” Ryo glanced at Soubi with a raised brow.

Soubi gave him a quick nod, hoping to show confidence where there was none. Kaito squeezed his shoulder as he passed him.

“We’ll be in the living room. Just shout,” Kaito said.

Soubi waited for them to leave before he took a seat across Rin.

“Is this how it’s going to be from now on?” Rin asked, when they sat in silence for a full two minutes. He removed his dark glasses and placed them on the table. “We used to talk, Soubi-chan.”

“Used to,” Soubi said, meeting Rin’s gaze. Those eyes were still familiar. Their softness as they studied him, nostalgic. He looked away.

“You left me, what did you think would happen?”

“I had to go, you know I had to.” Rin reached out to take Soubi’s hand on the table but Soubi moved it away. “I miss you.”

“Miss me,” Soubi scoffed shaking his head. “Please stop trying to make this about us. Why do you want to talk to me?”

“I have an offer,” Rin stated, sitting back in his chair, his arms crossed against his chest.

“I’m not interested. I’m with Ryo now.” Soubi declared wary of Rin’s offers. “I don’t think we should see each other again.”

“Aren’t you curious?”

“I just want you to leave.”

Rin sat staring at him, and then he chuckled.

Soubi frowned when the chuckle turned into a laugh. He’d always hated it when Rin did this. Rin shook his head and pointed at him.

“You still care about me.”

The statement was so matter of fact that it pissed Soubi off.

“I can see it in your eyes. Does Ryo know?”

“Why does it matter what Ryo knows?”

“I’d love to rub it in his face.” Rin leaned his elbows on the kitchen table, his eyes sparkling with mischief. “We can always fuck on this table and call him in to watch. I think he’d love that.”

Soubi got to his feet.

“I think we’re done.”

“What? You can’t even take a joke anymore?” Rin didn’t move to get up. “I forgot you have a quick temper. Sit down, Soubi, I’ll behave.”

Soubi glared at Rin wondering how they had gotten here.

“Do you know how absurd that sounds? When have you ever behaved, Rin? Always pushing the limit…you should really leave before Ryo comes to take you out.”

“Sit, Soubi. I really do have a legitimate reason for looking for you. Give me a minute. If I don’t make sense, you have every right to call your dog in here.”

Soubi cursed under his breath. He tried not to meet Rin’s gaze, but that seemed impossible. The moment he looked at Rin, the years faded away. He sat down in his chair aware that he would never be strong enough to send Rin away for good.

“Be quick,” he said, irritated with his weak heart.

Rin smiled.

“Stop scowling, it’s not a bad thing. We’re making a music video and we need a model with long hair. Lira saw your pictures modeling for Sasha’s label. She insisted I ask you. The pay is really good and it will be nationwide exposure.”

Soubi bit his lip and curbed his instinct to jump at the idea.

Lira, he frowned.

“I can’t do it.”

“Why?” Rin asked, his eyes narrowed. “I know you realize what this could mean for you. So, it has to be a stupid reason.”

“Everything is stupid with you.”

“Is it because of Lira?” Rin asked.

“No.”

Not that he liked Lira. That little bitch loved torturing him. When he and Rin had been together, she’d gone out of her way to make him jealous. She’d kiss Rin, pull him into hugs, and whisper into Rin’s ear every time he walked into the room. He could only imagine what she’d do with Ryo.

“Are you worrying about Asada?” Rin demanded with a scowl. “Do you need his permission to work too?”

“Soubi runs his career,” Ryo replied behind him. “He doesn’t need my permission.”

Soubi almost laughed at Ryo’s impatience. He wondered if five minutes had even passed.

“So, what’s the problem?” Rin asked, challenging Soubi for an answer now that Ryo had come in.

Soubi stood and reached for Ryo’s hand.

“I have to think about it, Rin. That’s the best I can do right now. I have a busy schedule and—

“And nothing,” Rin interrupted, his tone coarse. “You can always cancel those puny jobs and take ours.”

“You’d better calm down.” Ryo warned Rin. “If Soubi is busy, he’s busy. Quit yelling. If you’re finished here, I think it’s time for you to leave.”

Rin stood up, pushing his chair back, almost tipping it over. Soubi watched him reach into his pocket and pull out a card.

“Call me when you have your own brain.”

Rin slapped the card on the table, took his sunglasses and turned to Ryo. Soubi clutched Ryo’s hand tight when he felt him tense.

“Soubi is not a child. You don’t have to put him on a leash. Let him think for himself.”

Ryo scoffed.

“Like you did when you left him two years ago? Did you know he almost overdosed on the drugs you left him?”

“Ryo,” Soubi said, squeezing Ryo’s arm, not ready to think about that time. He hated what he’d turned into when Rin left. So much, he tried not to think about that first year.

“Stop, Rin is already leaving.”

Rin looked at Soubi with a puzzled expression.

“What is he talking about, Soubi?”

“Nothing, it’s all over.” Soubi pasted on a smile. “Don’t you have to be getting back to the band?”

Rin didn’t move from where he stood.

“What is Ryo talking about?”

“Lira brought drugs for Soubi as per your orders, so he could deal with you leaving. You two got him high,” Ryo continued in a cold tone. “Then you packed your bags while Soubi was too drugged out and you left.”

“Soubi,” Rin asked, his eyes wide in shock. “You told me it was fine to leave. You were smiling at me.”

“I don’t want to talk about this right now. Please leave,” Soubi begged, letting go of Ryo’s arm.

Soubi rubbed his forehead trying to clear the fog in his memories. He couldn’t remember that day clearly, all he knew was that he’d been hurting. His heart, his body…Lira smiling at him, causing him more pain, he shook his head.

“Rin, go back to Blazing Red.”

Kaito went around the table and took Rin’s arm. Kaito was really strong. His grip on Rin’s arm looked painful as Kaito led him out. When the door closed after Rin, Kaito let out a relieved sigh.

“His cologne was starting to stink up the house. He might have taken a shower in that shit this morning.” Kaito walked to the coffee maker. “Damn it, I haven’t even eaten breakfast yet.”

“We were going shopping.” Soubi rushed to the counter where he’d left Kaito writing the grocery list. “I have a job at two o’clock. We should make it back by then.”

“Don’t you want to talk about what Rin wanted?” Ryo asked.

“No.” Soubi picked a black scarf he’d left on the hook behind the door and wrapped it around his neck. “Come on, Kaito is going to start eating raw vegetables if we don’t feed him.”

“Soubi,” Ryo said, obviously miffed about him running away.

But, Soubi couldn’t help it. He wasn’t up to a discussion right now. He just wanted to pretend that Rin hadn’t been sitting at the kitchen table offering him a job.

Kaito followed him to the door, eager for breakfast.

“Ryo, let’s go, you need coffee. Everything makes sense after coffee.”

***

“You’re going vegetable crazy,” Ryo said, when Soubi brought him more green leafy herbs. “How many of these do we actually eat?”

“A lot,” Soubi said with a wide grin. “Stop complaining, I’m done.”

Ryo saw Soubi reach for his wallet.

“Stop.” Ryo pulled out money from his back pocket. When Soubi started frowning at him, Ryo handed the money to the lady selling them the vegetables. “The house has an expense account, Soubi. Don’t start, wait until we’re home or something.”

“I wasn’t going to say anything.”

Soubi picked up one of the bags at his feet and started for the exit.

Ryo took the change from the smiling lady, took the other two bag of groceries and hurried after Soubi.

“Are you really not going to tell me what Rin wanted?”

“Later,” Soubi said with a negligent shrug. “Why did you have to bring up how you found me with him?”

“He had to know at some point. I can’t stand it that he keeps acting like he’s saving you.”

Ryo adjusted the bags until he was holding them with his right hand. He placed his left arm over Soubi’s shoulder and slowed him down.

“I might have been a little jealous. I thought it would make him leave faster.”

“There’s nothing to be jealous about.” Soubi slowed down his pace until they were strolling along the narrow street. “I’ll tell you what Rin wanted later, I promise. Where is Kaito?”

“Ando, his friend from the market, called him.”

“I remember him. Ando always has the best jeans. We should pass by, I might get some.”

“Sure, after we’ve had coffee. This has been one strange morning.”

They turned downed a second street and almost bumped into Kaito.

“Whoa, what’s up?” Ryo steadied his friend worried when he noted Kaito’s disturbed expression. “Is everything alright?”

“Are you done with the vegetables? I really need a good cup of coffee,” Kaito said.

“Yeah,” Soubi smiled and held up the bag he was holding. “Why don’t we go to Susumu’s place?”

Soubi loved that cafe. Ryo had a feeling it had to do with the art on the coffee. The baristas could draw anything you wanted in your coffee. They started for Ballon d’Essai Café and Kaito got a cigarette from his pocket.

“What’s going on with Ando?” Ryo asked.

“He closed his shop. He wanted to know if we can keep some stuff for him at Furiroda until he can get them.” Kaito shook his head. “I can’t believe they’re really tearing the market down.”

The government wanted to build a new train station where the old Shimokitazawa market was and many people had given up their shops.

“What is Ando going to do?” Ryo asked.

“Find another shop, or move to Daikanyama,” Kaito said sadly. “I don’t like change very much, why can’t they leave it alone.”

“Maybe we can help,” Soubi said, slipping his hand into Kaito’s. “We can help Ando find a shop.”

“That’s one person. What about all the rest of the shops they’re making them give up?” Kaito shook his head. “I think it’s unfair to make people give up their way of making a living for a new modern building. What was wrong with the old one?”

“Oh, Kai,” Soubi said, pulling him to a stop. Ryo watched Soubi give Kaito a long hug then they pulled apart. “It’s going to be okay.”

Kaito shook his head and took in a deep breath. Ryo didn’t know what to say. The sadness Kaito was feeling was easy to understand. Shimokitazawa was changing. The rustic, historical town was disappearing quickly giving way to the intruding modern world. There were going to be many more Ando’s.

Ruffling Kaito’s wild hair, Ryo gave him a small smile.

“Ando can keep his stuff at the shop for as long as he wants. I’ll make some calls and see if we can get him space in Daikanyama.”

“Yeah,” Soubi beamed at Ryo making his heart flip at the bright smile. “Ryo will fix it, he always does.”

“Is that your solution to everything, Soubi-chan?” Kaito asked, his cigarette dangling at the corner of his mouth.

“Most things, except this.” Soubi pulled the cigarette out of Kaito’s mouth. “Making you quit smoking is turning into a trial by fire. These sticks will kill you, Kai.”

“My grandfather is still alive and he’s been smoking forever.” Kaito countered glaring at Soubi. “Give it back.”

“No.” Soubi rushed to a trashcan and dumped the stick. “There, now you can’t smoke it.”

Kaito rushed after him and Soubi laughed, running backward to escape Kaito. Ryo followed them at a more sedate pace smiling when Kaito caught up with Soubi. He couldn’t help laughing when Kaito’s punishment was to tickle Soubi mercilessly.

Soubi convulsed into hysterical laughs that had the few pedestrians walking by smiling too. A cold breeze whipped by nipping at Ryo’s clean shaven jaw, but it didn’t stop Kaito and Soubi from their antics.

Ryo pushed away his worries about Rin and his mother as he caught up to them. Kaito took the grocery bags from Soubi and they headed for the coffee shop.

****

2012, lilansui
  • Like 15
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Hey Sui, so you are back with my Ryo, huh. How are you? I hope everything is going great with you.

Okay, I didn’t like Rin at all. He actually needs to learn how to talk and behave, idiot. Somehow, I do have a feeling that circumstances will make Soubi to take up Rin’s proposal. Please tell me that modernization of market doesn’t going to affect Ryo’s shop, I really hope not.

My favorite scene in the chapter where Ryo bargains the time limit Soubi must spend with Rin alone. I really liked that rubber band thing; it was kind of really cute to me. I hope no matter what happens next, Ryo and Soubi would remain together…always.

I am very excited to know what happens next. So please please please Sui, please update soon and not make me wait long this time.

I don’t think I need to say that I’m in love with this story but I’ll still say I’m in love with this amazing story and its amazing characters, take care of them, specially of my Ryo.

Take Care Sui and once again requesting you to update soon.

Hugs:)

 

Sacredlove.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Wow, I can sympathise with Kailto. It hurts your heart when you see something change that you have grown up with and identified with all of your life. Soubi was sweet trying to cheer him up and take his mind off of it.

Ryo is such a great person, not only looking out for his friends, but trying to look out for their friends also.

I wonder what Ryo's reaction is going to be when he finds out what Rin wants Soubi to do.

Enjoying this story so much!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/11/2013 11:47 PM, sacredlove said:
Hey Sui, so you are back with my Ryo, huh. How are you? I hope everything is going great with you.

Okay, I didn’t like Rin at all. He actually needs to learn how to talk and behave, idiot. Somehow, I do have a feeling that circumstances will make Soubi to take up Rin’s proposal. Please tell me that modernization of market doesn’t going to affect Ryo’s shop, I really hope not.

My favorite scene in the chapter where Ryo bargains the time limit Soubi must spend with Rin alone. I really liked that rubber band thing; it was kind of really cute to me. I hope no matter what happens next, Ryo and Soubi would remain together…always.

I am very excited to know what happens next. So please please please Sui, please update soon and not make me wait long this time.

I don’t think I need to say that I’m in love with this story but I’ll still say I’m in love with this amazing story and its amazing characters, take care of them, specially of my Ryo.

Take Care Sui and once again requesting you to update soon.

Hugs:)

 

Sacredlove.

Aww...I'm working hard, shuffling some projects in real life and writing. ^_^ All is great though. I hear you on the updates. I've been drafting the next two chapters together so you get a two for one next post. I give it Thursday or Friday. I love your enthusiasm for this story.

 

It really makes my day and I hope to make it as fun as possible to the end for you. Thanks Sacred.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/13/2013 04:10 AM, joann414 said:
Wow, I can sympathise with Kailto. It hurts your heart when you see something change that you have grown up with and identified with all of your life. Soubi was sweet trying to cheer him up and take his mind off of it.

Ryo is such a great person, not only looking out for his friends, but trying to look out for their friends also.

I wonder what Ryo's reaction is going to be when he finds out what Rin wants Soubi to do.

Enjoying this story so much!

Sadly that situation with the market in Shimokitazawa is really happening right now. They're building a new Tokyo Station at that market, its a bitter sweet situation for everyone. I'm glad you're enjoying the story, knowing that fuels my muse to keep writing, so thank you for your thoughts, Jo Ann. as always. :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Yeah, that's really tough when stores close around you and families have to be uprooted to find other work. Soubi is so sweet; always looking out for everyone's happiness but his own.

 

Rin continues to be an ass. I don't care how much he's offering Soubi; Soubi needs to stay away from him. Especially b/c he realizes that he can never say no to Rin; for that reason alone he needs to stay away.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/14/2013 03:36 AM, Lisa said:
Yeah, that's really tough when stores close around you and families have to be uprooted to find other work. Soubi is so sweet; always looking out for everyone's happiness but his own.

 

Rin continues to be an ass. I don't care how much he's offering Soubi; Soubi needs to stay away from him. Especially b/c he realizes that he can never say no to Rin; for that reason alone he needs to stay away.

Soubi is always forgetting to look after himself, at least he has Ryo to watch out for him. As for Rin, he might surprise you, hehe. Thanks for the review, Lisa.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

This was a mostly pleasant little interlude. This can't be all we're going to hear from Mother and Rin. More trouble waiting in the wings?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..