Jump to content
    lilansui
    • Author
  • 4,139 Words
  • 2,647 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Kiss me to Springtime - 14. Chapter 14

The sea of white chrysanthemums surrounding Tohaku Asada’s picture was sobering. Guests filed in, Ryo greeted them, his jaw set as hard as his starched black collar. The black tie around his neck was choking him. He adjusted it and returned a bow from the Minister of Finance.

“Ryo,” a familiar voice said, and he glanced up in surprise.

Soubi stood before him handsome in a black suit and black tie. His hair held tight in a ponytail. Beside him, Kaito was similarly dressed although his hair remained considerably unruly.

Ryo’s gaze returned to Soubi, desperately. He just wanted to pull Soubi in to a tight hug and hide where no one could find them. His cousins stood beside him and he was forced to restrain his instincts.

“We’ll be around,” Soubi said.

Ryo nodded biting his inner lip to keep in control. A new group of guests arrived and Kaito pulled Soubi into the large hall where the funeral ceremony was to take place. The pain in his heart eased slightly just knowing Soubi was in the crowd of guests. Through the funeral ceremony, he drew his strength from knowing Soubi and Kaito were there for him.

Sei Asada clung tightly to his arm as they bid their guests goodbye after the ceremony. Her eyes were red from the endless tears she’d shed through the past week. His father remained stoic, although he’d demanded that Ryo remain in the estate indefinitely.

Ryo finally managed to escape his mother’s side at four in the afternoon.

Sneaking out of the hall, he walked out into the cold air, his suit jacket open, he welcomed the freezing wind. Kaito and Soubi sat on a bench in the small garden right outside the large hall.

Soubi got to his feet the moment he saw him. Slender arms wrapped around Ryo’s shoulders and he felt relief fill him.

“Are you taking care of yourself?” Soubi asked, his voice shaky as he clung to him. “You feel thinner, you’re not eating.”

“I’m fine,” Ryo said, breathing in Soubi’s scent. He closed his eyes and held on to Soubi. “I’m so glad you managed to come.”

“Of course we came.” Soubi pulled back and pressed a soft kiss on Ryo’s left jaw. “We’re here for you, Ryo. Whatever you need, all right? You just say it.”

Ryo breathed out, shivering slightly as the temperatures in Minakami were lower than Shimokita.

“I’m hoping to get back home as soon as all my duties here are done.”

Soubi nodded his hands dropping away from Ryo’s shoulders, sliding over Ryo’s chest. Soubi buttoned Ryo’s suit jacket.

“You’re going to catch a cold like this. Where is your coat?”

Ryo moved to sit beside Kaito on the bench. Soubi sat beside him, holding his hand tight.

“Did the police come to ask you questions?”

“Yes.” Soubi frowned, the little wrinkle on his forehead intriguing. “Tohaku’s car was parked across the street. They’re saying he had a passenger.”

“It was his assistant,” Ryo said. “He was found dead in the old market at Shimokitazawa. Along with two other men shot by Tohaku. I didn’t even know he owned a gun.”

“How could you have known?” Kaito asked. “But, it makes sense for Tohaku to own a gun considering the people he was hanging with. What is your father saying?”

“He’s upset.” Ryo frowned remembering the meeting he’d had with his father the evening before.

“You’re now heir-apparent of the Asada Group. Your brother’s death is hard on all of us but try to focus on the hard work ahead, Ryosuke. The family is counting on you,” Katsuro said.

His father was expecting him to take Tohaku’s place.

“What’s wrong?” Soubi asked, peering into his face. “Is it your mother?”

Ryo shook his head rubbing his forehead.

“No, although she’s reached a new level of madness. One second she’s crying and fragile the next angry. I’ve never seen her like this; even my father is worried.”

“Tohaku was important to her.” Soubi gave him a small smile. “He was her son. I imagine it must be really hard to lose one this abruptly.”

Ryo nodded in agreement.

“Where are you staying?”

“We got hotel rooms in town.” Kaito explained dangling Ryo’s car keys. “I drove us down.”

“I’m sorry I can’t keep you up at Tohaku’s house. My mother closed it up insisting she wants to preserve his spirit. That woman is losing her mind. I have to stay at her house and she—

“Ryo,” Soubi cut in, touching his jaw with his free hand. “You don’t have to explain. We understand.”

“I’m sorry she’s so difficult.” Ryo closed his eyes. “Don’t leave yet, alright? I’ll sneak out when I can.”

Soubi pulled him into a hug.

“We’ll stay as long as you want.”

Ryo breathed in shakily, grateful for the warmth of Soubi’s hug. Kaito rubbed his back for a moment and he would have stayed like this if Tohaku’s fiancée hadn’t approached them.

“Ryosuke-san,” Sakura Hondo said quietly. “I’m sorry to disturb you but your mother is looking for you.”

Ryo closed his eyes in denial holding on to Soubi hating letting go.

“I love you. You can do this,” Soubi whispered in his ear.

Ryo nodded and pulled back reluctantly. He glanced at Sakura who was standing a few feet away looking dejected. She was in a plain black dress that covered the bump on her stomach. He’d been surprised to discover that she was pregnant with Tohaku’s baby. Ryo didn’t understand how Tohaku could have kept that from him. He’d told Tohaku everything about Soubi.

Ryo stood and held out a hand to Sakura.

“Come and meet my boyfriend, and best friend.” Ryo took her hand gently and pulled her closer. “This is Soubi Tanaka, my boyfriend, and this is Kaito Suguru, my best friend.”

“Nice to meet you,” Sakura said, with a small bow.

“Guys, this is Sakura Hondo, Tohaku’s fiancée.” Ryo glanced at Soubi with a knowing glance. “She’s family.”

Soubi stepped forward and pulled Sakura into a hug. She jerked, surprised by the gesture but then she relaxed and melted into Soubi’s hug.

“You should come down to Shimokita, Sakura-san.” Kaito offered when Soubi let her go. “We’d love to have you.”

“That’s very kind.” She accepted Kaito’s short hug before she turned a worried glance to Ryo. “Your mother sounded urgent when she asked for you.”

Ryo didn’t want to leave Soubi yet. The other guests were leaving and others were choosing to stay overnight in readiness for the funeral tomorrow. Being the oldest son of the Asada family, Ryo sighed and adjusted that…the only son now, he was responsible for everyone.

“Go ahead,” Kaito said, placing a protective arm over Soubi’s shoulders. “I’ll take care of Soubi.”

“Who’s taking care of whom? You can’t even cook.” Soubi teased lightly jabbing Kaito’s ribs with a finger. “We’re fine.”

Ryo felt a small smile tug on his lips at Soubi’s words. A few months ago, he’d never have imagined Soubi would be standing here smiling at him. Encouraging him, giving him strength, how had they ever survived alone?

Ryo took Sakura’s hand and led her back toward the large hall the family was using for the wake.

***

“He looks tired,” Soubi noted, his gaze on Ryo as he climbed up the steps to the hall. “He needs to rest.”

“So do you, you barely slept through the three-hour drive. Last night, you were up till two watching TV.” Kaito pulled Soubi’s ponytail gently. “What are you worrying about? Ryo is strong.”

“He’s hurting.”

His gaze took in the large compound around the hall. The Asadas probably rented it out for functions when the family wasn’t using it. He couldn’t imagine what it would have been like to grow up in such an environment.

He and Kaito almost got lost when they drove into the estate earlier. The place was like a village, tarmac roads leading to the two main homes in the estate. Sei Asada’s house was built on the east side of the property. Apparently, Tohaku and Ryo had helped build her house after the divorce.

That woman, Soubi closed his eyes picturing her ugly glance when she’d seen him walk into the hall. Why couldn’t she accept him? It would make this situation so much easier.

“Let’s go, Soubi.” Kaito tagged on his arm. “We can come back tomorrow.”

“I don’t want to leave. I’m afraid they won’t let him out if we don’t stay.” Soubi bit back a sigh, his heart beating wildly. He didn’t have the strength to keep watching Ryo walking away.

“Ryo won’t let that happen.” Kaito assured him leading him away from the bench to their car. “We just need to be strong for him.”

***

“I don’t want to see your little lover here.” Sei Asada insisted glaring at Ryo as she paced the length of the private sitting area. “We’ve not even buried your brother. I can’t deal with your choices right now.”

“If you’re talking about Soubi, I want him here.” Ryo urged Sakura to sit on the couch and he leaned on its arm. “Why do you treat Soubi this way?”

“He’s the reason you’ve chosen to live outside this estate. The reason you thought making a life out there would be better. How can I accept him?”

“Because I love him,” Ryo said simply. “Even with Tohaku gone, that fact is not going to change. If you want me to stay here, you need to accept Soubi.”

“No.” Sei shook her head as she stopped her pacing. “You have no choice but to stay in this estate now, your father will make sure of it. I just need to deal with Soubi.”

“Mother,” Ryo said the anger burning inside him exploding. “I’ve asked you before not to talk about hurting Soubi. You think Tohaku was rebellious, try touching a single hair on Soubi’s head, and you’ll see a monster.”

“How dare you talk to me this way?” Sei demanded glaring at him. “Why do you only see what you want and not what is needed? Do you think Tohaku ended up in that hall because he wanted to?”

“You drove him there.” Ryo accused getting to his feet. “If you’d accepted Tohaku’s choices he’d be alive right now. You won’t even look at his fiancée and when you do, you treat her like she’s nothing. Can you imagine how Tohaku felt knowing you were treating his fiancée this way?”

“Are you blaming me for your brother’s death? Do you think I led him to that shady market? Do you think I gave him the gun to shoot those men? He made those decisions alone.”

“He was protecting me!” Ryo shouted remembering Tohaku’s words when he’d been lying on the kitchen floor bleeding out. “I don’t know why he felt he needed to deal with those kinds of people, but he was protecting me. That’s something you have no idea how to do.”

“Stop it,” Sakura cried getting to her feet. Her cheeks wet with tears as she looked at him and then at his mother. “This is not the time to be fighting. Ryosuke-san, not with your brother in the other room the way he is. Please don’t fight.”

“Who are you to tell me what to do?” Sei demanded glaring at her. “I’ll talk to my son how I want. Especially when he starts blaming me for things I didn’t do.”

“You’re never going to change,” Ryo said turning on his mother. “Are you even listening to what she’s trying to say to you?”

The door opened and Katsuro stepped into the room his face flushed with anger. He closed the door and glared at them.

“You’re embarrassing the family shouting like maniacs while everyone is mourning Tohaku.”

Ryo dropped his gaze to the floor.

“I’m sorry, father.”

“Don’t argue with your mother anymore.” Katsuro urged. “This is not an easy time for any of us.”

“Katsuro,” Sei started.

“Ryosuke is doing his best under the circumstances,” Katsuro continued. “There’ll be plenty of time to deal with the rest after we’ve laid Tohaku to rest. I’ll listen to your suggestions then, Sei.”

Ryo sighed and glanced at Sakura. She was wiping her eyes with a handkerchief, trying to hold back her sobs. This fighting was not good for her, especially with her pregnancy. He pulled her into a hug and tried to comfort her.

Katsuro frowned.

“Ryosuke, take Sakura to the main house, she should rest.”

“She’s staying at my house,” Sei said curtly.

“What difference does it make?” Katsuro asked.

“Tohaku is—was my son. I’ll take care of her,” Sei replied. “I have experience with her condition.”

Ryo sighed. Everything had to be a political statement with his mother. Sakura would be more comfortable in his father’s house. Hell, at this point he was more comfortable in his father’s house. Katsuro glanced at him and for a moment, he thought his father might fight her on this.

“Fine,” Katsuro said quietly giving him an unreadable glance.

Ryo shook his head and led Sakura out of the room. They used one of the black cars the family used to drive to Sei’s house.

“Is she always like this?” Sakura asked, when they entered his mother's quiet house.

“This is the worst she’s been.” Ryo led Sakura to the spacious living room. “You should try and get some sleep. Tomorrow will be a long day. I’ll see if I can scare up someone to get you set up in a room.”

***

Three weeks later, a cold wind blasted through the cemetery freezing the tears on Ryo’s cheeks and tugging at wisps of his hair. A soft step behind him had Ryo reaching up to wipe his tears.

Tears were a sign of weakness in the Asada family; he couldn’t allow anyone to see him crying.

Ryo took in a deep breath and stared at his brother’s name on the brand new head stone.

Tohaku Asada, beloved son and brother.

Anger rolled deep inside him, bile rising. His fingers clenched into fists. He wanted revenge for his brother’s murder.

His father had ordered an intensive investigation to clear the Asada name. Tohaku’s death was making investors nervous especially with talk of syndicate and drugs.

It didn’t help that the two men Tohaku shot dead were heads of a drug ring. Police had recovered the crates stolen from Furiroda at the docks. They were filled with cocaine. The investigators’ report said Tohaku shot both men in the market after they killed his friend in the car. However, Tohaku hadn’t been fast enough because one of their subordinates stabbed him before he could enter his car and get away.

That man was now in custody facing a murder trial but it wasn’t enough.

The bastard had not only taken his brother from him, he’d taken the life Ryo had chosen.

Ryo closed his eyes, missing Soubi, missing the feel of Soubi in his arms. Three weeks of not being able to hold Soubi were taking a toll on him. Becoming Ryosuke Asada took everything he had just to keep from drowning. Pain stabbed deep into his heart and he let out a small gasp.

“Are you alright, Ryo-san?” Sakura asked behind him.

Ryo turned to stare at her in surprise. She looked frail dressed in a short black dress with a heavy dark coat to keep her warm, her hair held back in a bun.

“You shouldn’t be out in the cold,” Ryo chastised worried for her health.

She wasn’t eating well and being around Sei Asada was stressing her. The family doctor was worried she might miscarriage if she didn’t gain weight soon.

The Asada estate was like a pit of vipers. No one wanted to deal with the reality of Sakura’s existence. Sei was treating Sakura as if she didn’t exist. The fact that Sakura and Tohaku hadn’t married meant the child she was carrying was illegitimate. His father was treating her like a guest instead of family.

“I wanted to thank you for being there for me. I’m sorry that you had to send Soubi and your friend back to Shimokita. You should be with them.” Sakura spoke softly, her gaze on Tohaku’s headstone. She constantly wrung her fingers drawing his gaze to the shining ring on her middle finger. Tohaku’s promise so clearly stated.

Ryo had sent Soubi home the moment the press started sniffing around for the full story on Tohaku. They were all under a microscope with the police investigating Tohaku's death and the Asada Group. It was better for Soubi and Kaito to be in Shimokitazawa.

“Why didn’t Tohaku tell me that you were pregnant?” Ryo asked with a frown.

“He was going to tell you, but he wanted it to be a surprise. He loved talking about you, Ryo-san. He was so proud of you.”

Ryo looked away from her unable to keep tears from stinging his eyes again. He needed to stay angry to get through the next weeks, even if the anger was driving him to madness. He gritted his teeth and refused to allow her kind words to sink into his heart.

“You can’t stay here Sakura,” Ryo said abruptly, his tone hard. “My brother would have wanted you to, but if you stay in this estate, life will only get harder.”

Sakura moved closer to Tohaku’s grave. She touched the cool marble with her left hand.

“Tohaku asked me to trust your judgment, Ryo-san. I’ll do what you ask me.”

“Damn bastard,” Ryo said bitterly.

Had Tohaku expected to be killed?

“You’re angry.” Sakura stared at him surprise clear in her eyes. “He loved you, you have to know that.”

“I know.” He knew that now more than anyone.

Tohaku’s lawyer had read his will two days ago. Apart from a trust fund set up in Sakura’s name, Tohaku had left his share of the Asada group to Ryo. Tohaku had also asked Ryo take care of Sakura and his unborn child, knowing Ryo would keep his promises for him.

What Ryo wouldn’t give to be standing in his kitchen at Shimokita watching Soubi make breakfast. The morning sun was thin and made flecks of snow sparkle on the ground around them. His heavy coat kept his body warm, but his heart was frozen.

“It will take time,” he murmured, not ready to forgive Tohaku for leaving him like this.

“Time for what?” Sakura asked with a frown.

“Nothing.” Ryo shook his head. “Come on, you can’t stay in the cold. You have to start taking care of yourself.”

She gave him a small smile and touched the small bump on her stomach.

“This child is the last good thing I have of Tohaku and I want to protect him. I’m ready to leave at any time.”

Ryo nodded in approval. “I’ll handle it.”

His cell phone buzzed and he pulled it out of his pocket. He stared at Soubi’s face smiling at him.

“Excuse me.”

“I’ll wait for you,” she said, standing by Tohaku’s head stone.

She obviously didn’t want to leave yet.

Ryo moved farther along the family plot, passing his grandparents’ headstones as he answered the video call. Soubi appeared on his screen, his beloved face so handsome.

“When are you coming home to me?” Soubi asked in greeting.

“I miss you too,” Ryo answered. “Not today, Soubi.”

“I’m coming back to Minakami.” Soubi’s dark eyes were determined, his mouth set in a firm line. “She’s not keeping you, Ryo.”

“I’m not a rope to tag between you and my mother, Soubi.”

“What is that supposed to mean? Do you want to stay in that estate?”

“I’m telling you there might not be a choice to leave.” Ryo cursed under his breath. “I’ve got things I need to take care of. Can you please be patient for a while?”

Soubi shook his head.

“Kaito is taking care of the shop. I had the tiles in the kitchen replaced. I also picked up your remaining paintings from the museum. I’ll send them to you—

“No, keep them.” Ryo cut in not wanting to have his precious art mixed in with the mess his life was in the estate.

He didn’t have a place in this estate and he couldn’t imagine hanging his paintings in his mother’s house.

“Fine, whatever,” Soubi said.

Ryo frowned at the rebellious expression on Soubi’s face.

“Please, Soubi. Just keep them at the house. I’ll come over when I can.”

“You don’t want me to visit you, you don’t want your paintings, you don’t call me,” Soubi said his voice wavering.

“I don’t feel up to a fight right now, there are too many things going on. I’ll explain when we meet, Soubi. A lot of things are going to change.”

“I don’t like the sound of that.” Soubi’s frown deepened. “Why can’t you come back to Shimokita? I thought you gave up the Asada estate. You promised you wouldn’t leave me.”

“I can’t explain on the phone, Soubi. Please try to understand. With Tohaku gone—

“They’re going to need you to take over?” Soubi cut in glaring at him. “Is that what’s going on? You’re giving us up and choosing them.”

“Soubi,” Ryo sighed.

“Don’t. We’ll be here when you decide to come home.” Soubi hang up and Ryo was left staring at his blank screen.

Ryo rubbed his forehead, his leather gloves cold against his skin. Protecting Soubi had always been a difficult task, the punk had a trying attitude. He put his phone away and turned to find Sakura still standing by Tohaku’s grave. She looked lost in the background of the snow-covered grounds.

Damn Tohaku for this mess.

***

“He’s not coming.”

Soubi threw his phone on the kitchen table and kicked at the packages he and Kaito had dragged into the kitchen last night.

“He doesn’t even want his paintings. We’ve lost him, Kaito.”

“Stop being dramatic,” Kaito said, leaning on the kitchen counter. “I think the reason you’re so angry is because you think Sei Asada is keeping him there.”

“And why shouldn’t I be upset?” Soubi shook his head and waved his hand indicating the kitchen. “We had Christmas in this place alone, same with New Year’s Day. What do you think will happen when it comes to the spring festival? I can’t stand it. I can’t be in a relationship alone.”

“You need to be stronger, Soubi.”

“How much stronger can I get?”

Soubi sank into a chair and fought back tears. He missed Ryo so much it hurt to breath. It was worse knowing where Ryo was and not being able to go see him.

On New Year’s Eve, hoping to surprise Ryo, Soubi boarded a train and ridden for two hours to get to Minakami. Taking a taxi to the Asada estate, he had a hell of a time getting to Sei Asada’s house. Sei took a special kind of enjoyment telling him that Ryo was attending a business party when she saw him. Soubi insisted on waiting and ended up spending a cold New Year’s Day waiting in Sei’s living room like a fool.

Soubi had left Sei’s house that afternoon when Ryo finally called him and said he was caught up with family business. Soubi cried himself to sleep for two days after that trip. Lying in Ryo’s bed, constantly searching for Ryo’s fading scent.

Was it a wonder he was starting to resent Tohaku?

Why hadn’t Tohaku had more sense?

If Tohaku hadn’t been messing around with drug lords and kingpins, he’d still be alive. Then Ryo would still be here with him, eating breakfast, watching him wash dishes. That seemed mundane, but in the weirdest way, it was the closest to heaven Soubi ever got.

Was it bad thinking ill of the dead?

“I’m going out.” Soubi stood up abruptly and headed out of the kitchen.

“Where are you headed? Is it a job? I can come with you.”

“No, I need to be alone.”

“This early in the morning?” Kaito asked.

“Yeah,” Soubi shrugged and left the kitchen.

Maybe he’d go see how Grandma was doing. It beat being here thinking about Ryo and how he might never come back to this house. They all knew Sei was never going to approve of Soubi living with Ryo. If Ryo took Tohaku’s place, he was going to be expected to carry on the bloody family line. That thought alone made Soubi feel sick to the stomach. The thought of Ryo ending up with some woman—

Soubi clung to the banister as he climbed the stairs. What would happen to him then?

What was he without Ryo Asada?

****

2012, lilansui
  • Like 18
  • Sad 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Dang, I don't know who I feel worse for, Soubi, Ryo, or the poor pregnant fiance.

Someone needs to light the straw on Ryo's mom's broom while she is on it. I hope Soubi hangs in there and does not do anything stupid.

 

Great chapter Lil

  • Like 1
Link to comment

What's Ryo's mom problem? Can't she see how much his son is in love with Soubi. I could understand what Soubi would be going through. He's missing Ryo. He's insecure. Poor Ryo, couldn't do anything because of the circumstances. I hope they would be together soon.

I don't know why but with the entry of Tohaku's fiancee, I feel testing period of Ryo and soubi's relationship in not over yet. There's a lot to come.

Great chapter sui. Amazing work. Keep it up:)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I agree w/JoAnn; blast Sei's broom out to the stratosphere.

 

I didn't realize Ryo's family's estate was THREE HOURS away from his home w/Soubi and Kaito. I thought it was in the same town.

 

Poor Soubi; feeling insecure and anxious. I don't blame him. He knows Ryo is under his family's clutches now, especially his witch of a mother. They will do everything in their power to keep him there. But he's a grown man, right? Why can't he tell them no, he doesn't want to take over the business from his brother. Why can't he stand up to them?

 

And what's to become of his sister-in-law and her unborn child? Now he's responsible for them too. As if he doesn't have enough to worry about. And Soubi making him feel guilty isn't helping. Wait, I know! Sakura, (is that her name?), can come live with him, Soubi and Kaito and maybe she and Kaito will hit it off (he is straight, right?), and then they can all help with the baby once he's born. Just sayin'....

 

Anyway, good chapter Sui! I hope that Soubi doesn't fall back to his old ways and tries to contact that scumbag Rin.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/28/2013 08:03 AM, joann414 said:
Dang, I don't know who I feel worse for, Soubi, Ryo, or the poor pregnant fiance.

Someone needs to light the straw on Ryo's mom's broom while she is on it. I hope Soubi hangs in there and does not do anything stupid.

 

Great chapter Lil

Yep, I'm just dishing out hard scenes and responsibilities for Ryo and Soubi, but that's life right. :) Always glad to see your thoughts, JoAnn
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/28/2013 06:57 PM, sacredlove said:
What's Ryo's mom problem? Can't she see how much his son is in love with Soubi. I could understand what Soubi would be going through. He's missing Ryo. He's insecure. Poor Ryo, couldn't do anything because of the circumstances. I hope they would be together soon.

I don't know why but with the entry of Tohaku's fiancee, I feel testing period of Ryo and soubi's relationship in not over yet. There's a lot to come.

Great chapter sui. Amazing work. Keep it up:)

Ryo's mom, she'll make sense soon. hehehe. :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/01/2013 06:43 AM, Lisa said:
I agree w/JoAnn; blast Sei's broom out to the stratosphere.

 

I didn't realize Ryo's family's estate was THREE HOURS away from his home w/Soubi and Kaito. I thought it was in the same town.

 

Poor Soubi; feeling insecure and anxious. I don't blame him. He knows Ryo is under his family's clutches now, especially his witch of a mother. They will do everything in their power to keep him there. But he's a grown man, right? Why can't he tell them no, he doesn't want to take over the business from his brother. Why can't he stand up to them?

 

And what's to become of his sister-in-law and her unborn child? Now he's responsible for them too. As if he doesn't have enough to worry about. And Soubi making him feel guilty isn't helping. Wait, I know! Sakura, (is that her name?), can come live with him, Soubi and Kaito and maybe she and Kaito will hit it off (he is straight, right?), and then they can all help with the baby once he's born. Just sayin'....

 

Anyway, good chapter Sui! I hope that Soubi doesn't fall back to his old ways and tries to contact that scumbag Rin.

Ryo's family estate...Hmm...I think I'll slip that in earlier chapters during editing to allow it to flow better. The size of the estate wouldn't allow it to be in Tokyo, no space. Thanks for that comment made me think. This is why I love you, Lisa!!.

 

We'll have to see Ryo's reaction to his mom and his new situation. You're right on the stand up to her, but our Ryo still needs to face a few realities.

 

:) You're thinking ahead of me, with Kaito and Sakura, just for that I think I'll actually do it just like that. Hahaha.

 

You and Jo Ann are hilarious, I can just imagine Sei on a broom like Harry Potter, and then it's starts burning. Wonder what would happen to her designer clothes and the stick up her butt. Thanks for a good laugh.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Oh this is so frustrating. Everyone is in limbo, and there doesn't seem to be any escape soon. Still loving our guys and hoping for a break for them.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..