Jump to content
    lilansui
    • Author
  • 2,802 Words
  • 3,347 Views
  • 13 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Kiss me to Springtime - 3. Chapter 3

Like ice must melt under the heat, Soubi melted against Rin’s assault.

This was an assault, Ryo thought, because Rin knew, he knew that Soubi couldn’t fight him. Ryo sat at the kitchen table frozen.

How many times had he watched this happen?

Five years ago, Rin auditioned for his band, Blazing Red. He promised Soubi nothing would change. But, a year later as the band gained popularity, Ryo sat in this same chair watching Soubi cry because Rin was cheating on him with the band’s lead singer. Their friends had taken photos of Rin and Lira, the blonde-haired female lead singer, locking lips backstage.

Soubi had cried like the world was ending.

See that was Soubi’s problem, Ryo thought severely.

Soubi loved like there was no tomorrow, giving everything to Rin and keeping nothing for himself. That’s why it hurt so darned much when Rin broke him. Ryo cursed under his breath. Rin had apologized that time saying that nothing was happening. That he’d kissed Lira for the sake of appearances.

Appearances, Ryo shook his head.

No wonder Soubi was fucking around, he didn’t know what it was to be loved.

Rin didn’t love Soubi. He used Soubi like a welcome mat.

Fingers clenched, Ryo turned to look at the pair leaning against the kitchen counter. Rin was really trying to make a point. His fingers were buried in Soubi’s glorious hair, bunched tight to keep control, his lips moving over Soubi’s, dominating him. Soubi whimpered, his hands coming up to cling on to Rin’s jacket.

Those fingers, Ryo stared, so slender, clenching Rin’s jacket.

His thoughts returned to two years ago, the day Rin left with Blazing Red to go abroad. Ryo found Soubi huddled in the bathroom at their apartment. Tear streaks on his face as he clung to the key he always wore around his neck. The key to that darned padlock hanging on Rin’s neck, Ryo wished he could break it with his hands. Throw it into a deep hole and free Soubi.

Ryo stood up, his chair tumbling over.

“Stop it, Rin.”

Rin kept kissing Soubi.

“I said fucking let him go, Rin!”

Rin pulled back slowly, brushing a soft kiss on Soubi’s lips. He kept his gaze on Soubi.

“What’s wrong, Ryo? Are you jealous? I thought you didn’t care—

“I care enough. Let him go, he’s mine.”

“That’s where you’re wrong.” Rin turned to smile at him and as he stepped back, Soubi seemed to crumble to the floor, his head bent low. “You just wish he was yours—

Ryo’s fist connected with Rin’s damn face in a quest to wipe that smirk off. Rin stumbled back and had to hold on to the kitchen table to keep from falling. Ryo breathed out rage, and bent down to grab Soubi’s arm. He pulled Soubi up and behind him.

“I’m taking Soubi with me. I swear, Rin, if I see you around him we’re going to have a problem.” Ryo glared at the guitar player feeling murderous. “This is no small threat.”

“Ryo, you’re making a mistake. Soubi needs me. He’ll come back to me.” Rin pulled at the padlock at his neck. “I own him.”

“Not anymore.” Ryo spat back. “You get near him. I will not forgive you, Kouga.”

“Stop,” Soubi murmured from behind Ryo, his voice low, like a lost child.

“Shut up, Soubi,” Ryo snapped.

He turned to find Rin wiping off blood from the corner of his mouth. Ryo pushed Soubi toward the door pausing only to right the chair he’d overturned.

“Leave before Grandma gets back, Rin. I’ll call to tell her where we’re headed.”

“You’re really taking Soubi?” Rin chuckled. “Isn’t that a tad childish? Keeping him away from me like this.”

“I thought about it all night, and I’ve decided the best solution is to keep you two apart.”

Ryo’s gaze found Soubi’s stricken look and sighed when he saw Soubi clinging to that darned key again. He controlled the urge to pull it off Soubi’s neck and throw it at Rin.

“We’re going to Shimokita.”

“What, you won’t take him home to your dad?” Rin spat after him.

Ryo clenched his jaw not ready to think about what his mother was going to say about Soubi in his house. It didn’t matter. He couldn’t sit back and watch anymore.

“They’ll disown you this time, Ryo.” Rin continued following them as Ryo hustled Soubi to the front door. “Your father won’t stand for a fag in his family. You know that. Give me Soubi, we’re both orphans, no parents to bother—

“Fuck off, Rin.” Ryo cursed and threw the door open. Soubi wrapped his arms around his chest. Soubi’s eyes were stricken as he turned to protest Ryo’s guidance. Ryo urged him to keep moving, as he told Rin.

“I live my own life.”

“No, you’re interfering with someone else’s relationship. Go find your own fuck toy.” Rin shouted into the bright morning.

Rin obviously didn’t care that the neighbors would be interested in their fight.

Damn it that was what he got for fighting with this drama queen.

Ryo hurried Soubi to his car, pulling the passenger door open and helping Soubi in.

“You’re such a hypocrite, Ryo Asada. You act like you’re the Asada golden boy, all honor and shit, but deep inside you’re a bastard. You’re a selfish bastard just like your fucking rich family. Soubi, he’s going to eat you alive then spit you out. His family will humiliate you. You won’t be able to walk around Tokyo with your head up.”

Soubi buried his face into his hands and Ryo cursed under his breath as he slammed the passenger door closed. He glared at Rin who stood at the door watching them.

“Go back to Blazing Red, Rin. We don’t need you anymore.”

Ryo got in the car and drove off headed to the highway.

He was going to keep Soubi.

“What are you doing?” Soubi asked in a whisper beside him. “Drop me off at my apartment. I’ll just stay there—

“I’m not letting you go,” Ryo snapped, angry with how defeated Soubi sounded. He’d worked hard to get Soubi back to normal these past two years. How dare Rin walk in and undo his work. “You’re stuck with me.”

“I don’t need you, Ryo.” Soubi sighed. “I’m tired of owing you.”

“Well, if you feel so indebted to me, then do what I tell you.”

Ryo geared the car and settled in for the thirty minute drive to Shimokitazawa. He hadn’t slept much and the months of touring around the country sourcing for merchandise had worn him out.

“Did you mean it?” Soubi asked after a while.

Ryo frowned sliding his gaze from the road in front of him to look at Soubi. Soubi pushed his hair back and met his gaze.

“You said I was yours.”

Ryo broke their gaze and laughed silently. He didn’t know what he’d meant by that, he cared for Soubi, but it was too soon to make any declarations.

Soubi needed time to find himself without the shadow of Rin Kouga haunting him. He certainly didn’t need declarations that would only add to the problem.

Ryo chose to tease Soubi in answer.

“Through all that mess, is that all you got?”

“You punched Rin. That was hard to miss. He’s going to get a bruise.”

“He’ll live.” Ryo couldn’t help the angry tone.

Rin pissed the hell out of him. He gripped the steering wheel until his knuckles turned white. He jerked his head in surprise when cool slender fingers rested on his. He turned to find Soubi watching him.

“Don’t be angry anymore, Ryo. I’ll stay with you.”

Ryo sighed and moved his left hand to twine his fingers with Soubi’s. He couldn’t help wishing that Soubi was coming with him to be his boyfriend.

***

Soubi pulled at the key hanging on his neck. He couldn’t escape the feel of Rin’s lips against his. He’d dreamed of them these past two years. Thought about how he’d react when Rin returned. He imagined having stinging words for Rin, maybe shouting at him until he felt better. He hoped Rin would find him doing great: owning his own place, richer, always richer, money was important to Rin. Rin left with Blazing Red to earn a bigger pay day.

He’d been abandoned for money.

Soubi took in a deep breath and let it out slowly controlling his threatening tears. He stared at the strong fingers holding his on his lap.

Ryo Asada.

The dark knight who seemed to know exactly what he needed at all times. The day Rin left, he’d fallen apart in the bathroom unable to move, even to save himself. He had no idea how Ryo found out. All he knew was that Ryo showed up and picked up the pieces Rin left in the bathroom.

“I want to stop at the shop for a moment. Do you want to walk in with me? Kaito is there, he’ll be glad to see you.”

The car slowed down to a stop and Soubi glanced up to find they were driving into Shimokitazawa.

Ryo pulled into a parking lot, turned off the car and smiled at him.

“Kaito’s been watching your runway shows.”

Soubi grinned as they got out of the car.

Ryo owned an art shop in Shimokita. He and his business partner Kaito drew cool funky designs and put them on clothing, backpacks, cutlery, or anything the client wanted. They’d called their shop, Furiroda. Ryo had once told him they named it that way because of their initial relationship in college. Kaito had lived in Ryo’s apartment like a freeloader. Soubi liked Kaito. He was carefree and artistic.

The shop was already open when they got there. Music drifted out on to the street, with a few customers going through the clothing racks right outside. Kaito sat on a lounge chair by the door smoking. He jumped to his feet when he saw them.

“Soubi-chan,” Kaito exclaimed. He came running and almost toppled Soubi to the ground as he hugged him hard. “I can’t believe it’s you.”

“Kai,” Soubi groaned as he reached out to hold on to a rack holding coats. It was hard to imagine the man was three years his senior. At twenty-five, Kaito Suguru acted like he was fresh out of high school. “Let me go, Kai.”

“No way.”

Kaito clung tighter, his arms tightening around Soubi. It should have been constricting, but it felt as though Kaito was trying to infuse him with energy.

Soubi held on to Kaito and looked up to find Ryo watching them. Ryo turned then and walked into the shop without saying another word.

“You’re skinnier.” Kaito complained as he stepped back, his right hand taking Soubi’s left. He took a last pull on his cigarette then dropped the butt to the tarmac and crushed it. “You’re not taking care of yourself.”

“I’m not eating anything you make, Kai. I learned my lesson the last time you tried to make ramen.” Soubi shuddered dramatically.

Kai laughed and led him into the shop.

“You’ve learned some comedy skills, Soubi-chan.”

Kaito ran a hand through his black shaggy hair. He was in baggy black pants and a green t-shirt with the Furiroda logo on the back. His clogs rapped against the wooden floor as he led Soubi to the back of the shop.

“I have an espresso machine. Do you want me to make you a coffee?”

“That sounds great.”

A lounge dominated the back of the shop. Mismatched couches littered the large room, in the middle a large worktable that was loaded with drawing tools. At the farthest corner, the machines they used for printing claimed that space. Kaito pushed him toward a fluffy blue couch and headed to a coffee area near the back door.

“Where have you been, Soubi? You didn’t come to see me the whole time Ryo was away.” Kai complained as he went about making him a coffee. “I saw your two shows last week on fashion weekly. I’d have come to support you, had you asked.”

“I’ve been busy.” Soubi sat on the couch and tried not to sound guilty.

It had been hard to stay away from Furiroda, but he’d been determined to show Ryo he could make it alone. Soubi could almost cry at how big a failure that turned out to be. He reached for a notepad on the stool beside the couch. It had a cute drawing of a young girl dressed in a red kimono.

“We did that for a kindergarten school a month ago,” Kaito explained. “Are you hungry?”

“No.” Soubi put back the notepad as the reasons why he loved Ryo’s shop came back. Kaito could spoil anyone rotten. “I’ll just take the coffee.”

“Where are you staying? I’ll come visit you,” Kaito continued, glancing at him as he found a mug for Soubi.

“He’s staying with us,” Ryo answered, as he came in carrying a box of manga magazines, which he placed on the work table.

Kaito stopped what he was doing to stare at both of them. He raised his brow and Soubi almost dropped on the floor at his next question.

“Are you two fucking already? Why am I always the last to know?”

“Kaito, behave yourself.” Ryo shook his head adding packing bags and stickers into his box. “Soubi was just kissing some jerk this morning. Do you think he’d do that if we were together? I kidnapped him from his grandmother’s house.”

“Kidnapped,” Kaito laughed. “You’re such a caveman, Ryo. Stop doing things that piss Ryo off, Soubi.”

“Who asked him to do it?” Soubi asked, getting up to go get the coffee. He didn’t want to talk about the jerk he’d been kissing, or him living with Ryo. “Besides, my moving here isn’t fully decided. I still have an apartment in—

“You’re moving in to my house.” Ryo glared at him and Soubi sighed. “Kaito and I will move your stuff tomorrow before you go to your photo shoot. There is no more discussion about this.”

There was no fighting with Ryo when he got this way. It didn’t help that Soubi’s heart did a little happy skip at the thought of moving in with Ryo. He wouldn’t be alone anymore. He looked away from Ryo afraid the man would see his happiness.

Kaito handed him his coffee giving him an excuse to turn away from Ryo’s probing gaze.

“Alright, enough about sticky topics,” Kaito said. “Soubi, do you want to help me sell? We’ll leave the grouch to his thoughts.

Kaito kept him pretty busy after that. The upbeat atmosphere in the shop created a time warp. Time seemed to stand still as he tended to customers, laughed at Kaito’s antics when they were alone. Ryo moved in and out of the main shop, he even stopped to help Soubi pack goods for a demanding customer. It was a surprise when Kaito suddenly started closing the shop down for the night.

“Push this rack to the back for me, and I’ll close the doors.”

Soubi did as he was asked pushing the rack of jackets into the lounge. He found Ryo seated at the worktable hard at work. He was drawing for the manga series they ran for the art shop. Soubi moved quietly, stopping right behind Ryo to watch him work.

The pen in Ryo’s hand moved in fast elegant strokes. Soubi stared fascinated at the artwork on the page. A man riding a horse in what appeared to be a forest, his long hair blown back by the wind, the black stallion was magnificent. He had a gold sword hanging at his hip, his red robes…

“If you lean any closer, I’ll have trouble drawing, Soubi,” Ryo said.

Soubi gasped, turning to meet amused dark eyes. Ryo moved his pen away from the paper and Soubi jerked back in confusion. He hadn’t meant to intrude.

“I’m sorry. It looked so…the art—,”

Soubi cleared his throat and took another step back.

“Kai closed the store.”

Ryo stretched his arms above his head and yawned.

“It’s closing time, already?” Ryo stood and grinned at him. “I’m starving. You want to eat ramen?”

Soubi smiled. “As long as Kai is not cooking, I could eat.”

“Let’s go home.” Ryo stretched again and started for the door. “I’ll make the ramen.”

Soubi savored the warmth that filled him with that statement. He didn’t know how long it would last, but for now—

“Are you coming?” Ryo called from the door. “Kai is threatening to lock us in here.”

Soubi hurried after Ryo. He’d hold on to this warm happiness for now.

****

Furiroda- free loader.
2012, lilansui
  • Like 11
  • Love 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Rin seems like a real jerk, it's a good thing Ryo is protective, I think it's clear that Rin is a rather destructive force that needs to be cut off from doing more damage. Loving the story so far!

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Furrioda - yeah, I got one of those.

 

Rin is such a self-absorbed asshole. He 'owns' Shoubi???? And the sad thing is Shoubi thinks Rin owns him too.To leave him w/o a word two years ago and then suddenly show up out of the blue, expecting Shoubi to fall for him again, is really presumptuous of Rin. He's such a cocky bastard.

 

And Shoubi is weak; he was ready to just fall for Rin's line of shit all over again. Then when Rin got bored again and took a hike Ryo would be left picking up the pieces of Shoubi's broken heart yet again. Not that I think Ryo minds, lol. But still......Rin's an ass.

 

Shoubi is lucky he has Ryo. Many people don't have anyone who can help them pick up the pieces of their broken life.

 

Great chapter lilansui! :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Rin is a top class bastard..sorry but i couldn't stop myself from saying so. I so wanna kick his ass. Ryo did the right thing to punch him. I think soubi must trust ryo..m sure he'll never break his trust. Every scene in which ryo was there, was my favorite. Kaito was cool. Great chapter sui...i hope you'll post next chapter soon:-) And btw when are you planning to update next chapter of 'EBAC'?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 12/09/2012 06:46 PM, sacredlove said:
Rin is a top class bastard..sorry but i couldn't stop myself from saying so. I so wanna kick his ass. Ryo did the right thing to punch him. I think soubi must trust ryo..m sure he'll never break his trust. Every scene in which ryo was there, was my favorite. Kaito was cool. Great chapter sui...i hope you'll post next chapter soon:-) And btw when are you planning to update next chapter of 'EBAC'?
I love that you love Ryo! I'll make sure to update soon. Chapter 13 of EBAC is with editor. It should be up soon. :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/09/2012 05:39 PM, Lisa said:
Furrioda - yeah, I got one of those.

 

Rin is such a self-absorbed asshole. He 'owns' Shoubi???? And the sad thing is Shoubi thinks Rin owns him too.To leave him w/o a word two years ago and then suddenly show up out of the blue, expecting Shoubi to fall for him again, is really presumptuous of Rin. He's such a cocky bastard.

 

And Shoubi is weak; he was ready to just fall for Rin's line of shit all over again. Then when Rin got bored again and took a hike Ryo would be left picking up the pieces of Shoubi's broken heart yet again. Not that I think Ryo minds, lol. But still......Rin's an ass.

 

Shoubi is lucky he has Ryo. Many people don't have anyone who can help them pick up the pieces of their broken life.

 

Great chapter lilansui! :)

I love your reaction to Rin. Start an enterprise with your Furiroda, hehe, make them do the work, just kidding :)

 

Thanks for the awesome review, Lisa.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/09/2012 10:16 AM, layla said:
Rin seems like a real jerk, it's a good thing Ryo is protective, I think it's clear that Rin is a rather destructive force that needs to be cut off from doing more damage. Loving the story so far!
Rin is a tool ;) I'm glad you love the story, thanks for the review.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

I am so glad that Soubi went with Ryo. Rin is a total asshat. He needed to be bruised.

 

Trying to catch up with all my reading girl. This is a great chapter!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/20/2012 08:56 AM, joann414 said:
I am so glad that Soubi went with Ryo. Rin is a total asshat. He needed to be bruised.

 

Trying to catch up with all my reading girl. This is a great chapter!

Rin is an asshat. I have a collection of names for him going here. hehehe, tool, asshat,asshole, so many, just awesome :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment

I hope Ryo keeps being a caveman. I think Soubi needs that to get himself sorted. And if love happens that would be great! Also, I really liked Kaito! He is a great distraction for Soubi.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..