Jump to content
    lilansui
    • Author
  • 3,036 Words
  • 2,851 Views
  • 9 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Kiss me to Springtime - 5. Chapter 5

Soubi stared at Ryo all the excuses he’d come up with disappearing. He had no idea what to tell Ryo. Dark eyes glared at him demanding an answer. He pulled at his arm hoping to stop Ryo’s close inspection of the dark bruise on his wrist.

“I fell. It’s nothing, Ryo. I got careless.”

“Don’t lie to me.”

Ryo let his arm go and stood up. He went to the fridge and pulled out a bottle of frozen water. He grabbed a clean kitchen cloth from the sink area and wrapped the bottle.

“I can clearly see someone grabbed you. Kaito was mumbling about problems at work. Is there something you want to tell me, Soubi?”

Soubi watched Ryo put the bottle over his wrist carefully. The cool temperature was soothing against the throbbing pain. Ryo always knew what to do.

“Just tell me,” Ryo said, coming around the table to pull up a chair beside him.

Ryo turned his chair so that he sat facing Soubi.

“If I tell you, you’re going to lose it and do something stupid. I need my job, Ryo.”

“Not if you’re getting hurt. Who did this? Was it your agent or maybe the photographer, tell me Soubi?”

Ryo’s gaze was hard, determined. Soubi stared at the hard jaw, saw it clench in anger and a tick start pulsing on Ryo’s handsome temple. If he didn’t say anything, Ryo was going to show up at Aki Modeling Agency tomorrow.

“You have to promise you’re not going to cause trouble.”

“That’s not possible.” Ryo shook his head. “I just finished dealing with Rin Kouga. You are not going to jump headlong into more trouble on my watch.”

“This is exactly why it’s so hard to tell you things. Have you ever thought that I can handle it?”

Ryo pulled at the bracelets he’d pushed to Soubi’s elbow to accommodate the makeshift cold compress.

“Is this what you call handling it?”

Soubi pushed his chair back and started to get up. Ryo placed his hand on Soubi’s left shoulder.

“Sit, I’m sorry. Soubi, I’m sorry.”

“You’re not sorry, you’re angry,” Soubi said.

He pushed his hair back with a sigh. Picking up the cold water bottle, he righted it on the table and stared at his wrist. Through the whole carnival, he’d been thinking about the incident with Hiro. The guy was a bastard, that was obvious, but Soubi was also to blame. Acting like a slut gave him a reputation that he was easy. Obviously, Hiro had thought—, he shook his head.

“This is my fault, Ryo. I’ve been careless, and everyone seems to think that I’m open to anything. You saw me at the club.”

“How can you say that to me?”

“You know it’s true.” Soubi glanced at Ryo, his eyes full of shame well aware of the rumors running among their friends.

He’d been thinking a lot about why Rin had thought they would get back together. That stupid kiss at Grandma’s house had been a show of ownership.

Rin knew how many people he’d slept with in the past few years. He thought about Rin’s words.

No matter whose bed you’re in, Soubi, remember you belonged to me first. I own you.

“You can’t protect me all your life.”

“I can try,” Ryo narrowed his gaze. “If you don’t tell me, I’m going to drive down to your agency tomorrow. I’ll use the Asada name to get what I want.”

“Don’t be a bastard. You’re going to ruin my working life—

“I don’t care. In fact, I’d be happy if you didn’t have a job and had to stay here in the house all day. That way, I won’t worry.”

Soubi got up from his chair to put distance between them. He paced to the counter and leaned on it trying to find a way out of this.

“The incident had nothing to do with the agency. Some stupid guy I was paired with today thought he could get more from me when we were done with the shoot.”

“His name, Soubi,” Ryo insisted.

“You don’t need his name. I won’t take any more shoots with him.”

Soubi rolled down his bracelets careful when he got to his wrist. He pulled them off one by one and laid them on the counter.

“I can’t have you making trouble, Ryo.”

“I can always find his name on my own. When those pictures come out, they’ll be on some catalogue, right?” Ryo cocked his head to the right. “Why are you protecting him? Did he threaten you?”

“I’m not protecting anyone.”

Soubi had no idea how to handle future shoots with Hiro, but Ryo had a tendency to get violent. Hiro might have the muscle, but Ryo had serious martial arts training and it would be a disaster if the two got into a fight.

“Make me a promise.” Ryo stood and came to him at the counter.

Soubi’s breath caught when Ryo braced his hands on each side of the counter effectively enclosing him against the counter. He sighed when Ryo stared at his lips. Every nerve in his body came to life. He wanted to taste Ryo’s lips, feel them against his. He looked up to find Ryo watching him.

He swallowed hard.

“What do you want?” he asked.

“Promise to tell me the truth and I won’t go after that bastard.” Ryo held his gaze. “I want to know what he did.”

Soubi closed his eyes.

“I can’t.”

“You have to, Soubi; it’s the only way I’ll back off. So, tell me, and I won’t go to your agency tomorrow morning.”

Soubi trembled slightly as he remembered how helpless he’d felt, right before that woman had walked into the room, his wrists held tight. Ryo wouldn’t’ stop until he found out the truth.

“The photo shoot I did today had me naked. I was over this guy’s shoulder wearing nothing but body paint. We’re selling body spray. Anyway, when the shoot was done, I tried to get off the guy but he wouldn’t let me go. He carried me to the dressing room. I tried to fight him off but—; I thought he was going to rape me.” His voice came in a whisper. “I kept fighting him off—

Ryo cursed under his breath and Soubi glanced up into stormy dark eyes.

“I want his name.”

“You just said—

“That bastard wanted to rape you?” Ryo’s voice sounded strained. He pushed off the counter and ran fingers through his hair. “He’s dead. I want his name. You don’t need that job. Work at the shop.”

“I can take care—

“Obviously, you can’t.” Ryo turned around glaring at him. “Soubi, look at you. I wish you could see yourself sometimes. The long hair, your eyes, the way you stand, you’re so darned fragile. Of course, these bastards are going to try to take advantage of you. I’m not letting you go back to that modeling agency.”

Soubi turned to the sink and grabbed the knife he’d left on the draining counter. He took bunches of his blonde hair in his hand and held the knife to it.

“I’ll cut it off, Ryo. I’ll cut it off so that I stop looking so darned easy. Is that what you want?”

Ryo gasped.

“Put the knife down, Soubi.”

“I’ll do it, Ryo. Will that make you let me go back to work? Will it?”

“Put the knife down, Soubi.” Ryo held his arms out as though it would stop Soubi from going through with his threat. “Please, just put the knife down.”

“This hair is what’s making everyone think I’m easy. I should cut it and get a few scars. Then, I’ll be scary enough for people to leave me alone, right? Rin won’t want to take advantage of me. And the bastards I’m working with won’t want to rape me. Isn’t that what you mean? You should let me cut it.”

Ryo moved fast, grabbing Soubi’s right wrist. The knife fell to the ground and Ryo pulled him into a tight hug.

“I don’t want you to cut your hair.”

“Then what do you want me to do? Tell me, and I’ll do it. I need to keep working, Ryo. It’s the only thing I have left. I didn’t flirt with that guy, and I certainly wasn’t going to let him take me.”

Ryo cursed under his breath. They rocked back and forth for a moment, and Soubi felt Ryo run fingers through his hair.

“Soubi, I love your hair.”

“You do?” Soubi wrapped his arms around Ryo’s waist and pressed his face into Ryo’s chest. He breathed in Ryo’s scent and closed his eyes. “You’ve never told me that.”

“I loved it even more when it was black. There a lot of things I want to tell you that I haven’t told you.” Ryo hugged him tighter. “I love you, Soubi.”

His fingers bunched Ryo’s shirt at the soft declaration. His heartbeat sped into overdrive. He’d dreamed of this for so long…he’d thought about Ryo for years now. It always seemed impossible considering Ryo’s obligations, the Asada family, Ryo’s future.

Soubi swallowed hard and asked, “Do you mean like a brother?”

Ryo chuckled.

“The things I’m thinking about doing with you have nothing to do with brotherly love.”

Soubi trembled and held on tighter.

“Are you sure? I mean you have—

Ryo leaned back, his fingers bunching in Soubi’s hair; he pulled Soubi’s head back gently. Soubi gasped when Ryo’s lips fitted against his in a possessive kiss. He clung to Ryo’s waist, his body trembling, his heart racing with excitement. Ryo’s body pressed against his felt like heaven. Eyes closed, he savored the taste of their first kiss, so hot and sweet. Ryo’s arms around him made him feel wanted. He didn’t want the kiss to stop. Ryo ended the kiss and Soubi kept his eyes closed clinging to the heat, hoping it wouldn’t disappear.

Ryo caressed his jaw and he opened his eyes to look into smiling dark ones.

“Do you really love me?” Soubi asked.

Ryo stole another quick kiss.

“I love you.”

Soubi bit his lower lip. He wanted to jump up and down. Scream in excitement, hold Ryo forever, and possibly scream it out on loud speakers. His heart was threatening to burst. Instead, his voice came out in a soft whisper.

“I love you too.”

Ryo laughed. They hugged again and then Ryo pulled away. He went over to the kitchen table and picked up their empty mugs.

“Why don’t you go upstairs and get some sleep? Tomorrow, you and I will go down to your agency and have a talk with your agent. I promise to be on my best behavior.”

Soubi blinked. “Are you still going to do this?”

“I don’t think there is a choice. Your safety is important to me.”

“So, you thought a kiss and telling me you love me will soften me up. Isn’t that a bit stupid?”

“It’s because I love you that I have to do this. I’m not letting anyone touch you, Soubi.”

“Well, that’s fucking great. Why don’t you find a stupid sticker that says ‘don’t touch Ryo’s fucking property’ and attach it to my forehead! Why do I have to do what you want?”

Soubi picked up the knife he’d dropped on the floor and threw it into the sink.

“I don’t need a nanny, you idiot. And I certainly don’t need you telling me you love me so that I do what you want. That’s really low, Asada!”

Soubi left the kitchen with quick strides. That stupid kiss had meant so much to him. To have Ryo acting like he was some kind of puny child who needed to be cajoled. He went up the stairs fast and slammed into his room.

***

“What was that about?” Ryo stood staring after Soubi in the kitchen.

He’d almost fallen to the ground when Soubi held a knife to his hair. He needed a manual to navigate living with Soubi.

The next morning, Ryo woke up early looking forward to taking Soubi to work. He walked into the kitchen expecting Soubi to be working at the stove. Instead, Kaito stood leaning against the counter sipping his coffee. There was no breakfast on the kitchen table.

Kaito spared him a short nod before he sank into a chair.

“Is Soubi awake?”

“He’s in his room working on his laptop.” Kaito shrugged. “He came down got a cup of coffee and headed upstairs. He’s not talking much.”

Ryo frowned. “He’s not going to work?”

“He is, at around ten o’clock.” Kaito sipped his coffee.

Ryo got himself coffee and went about toasting two slices of bread for his breakfast.

“I talked to him last night. He told me about some asshole trying to rape him. Did he give you a name?”

“Nope, he said he had it handled.” Kaito glanced at him. “Did you two have a fight last night?”

“I told him I’d only let him work with the agency if he told me that asshole’s name.” The toast jumped out and he reached for a jar of marmalade. Ryo spread the orange jelly generously on his toast. “He stormed off to bed.”

“You must have acted like a bossy idiot.” Kaito chuckled. “That explains the reason why we have to fend for ourselves this morning. I was looking forward to some eggs.”

“You can always make them.” Ryo took a bite of his toast.

“It’s so much better when Soubi makes them.”

Ryo put his toast on a plate and went to sit across Kaito.

“I told him I loved him. Things were fine until he exploded and headed upstairs.”

Kaito spit out coffee. Ryo reached for the napkins on the table and held them out to Kaito.

“What did you just say?” Kaito wiped his chin, and pushed his mug to the side to wipe away the spill on the table. “You messed it up, didn’t you? What did you tell him?”

“I said, I love you, we kissed and then I told him I’d go to the agency with him. He stormed off.” Ryo sipped his coffee. “Oh yeah, he told me I should find a sticker that says, property of Ryo Asada and put it on his forehead. I rather like that suggestion.”

Kaito burst into a laugh. “You must have screwed it up.”

“I didn’t screw anything up. I told him how I feel. He ran off.” Ryo placed his coffee cup on the table. “Why should he be angry this morning?”

“You’re an idiot.” Kaito sighed.

****

Soubi shot zombies furiously. He’d been playing music through the night because his erotic dreams starring Ryo were too much. Stupid Ryo and his stupid decisions. Where did Ryo get off acting like his father? He didn’t need a babysitter. A soft knock on the door interrupted his game. Soubi looked up to see Ryo enter his bedroom.

“Morning,” Ryo said, stopping at the door. He looked handsome in dark trousers and a black t-shirt. Ryo needed a new color in his wardrobe. Black was great for him but seriously. “Are you going to work?”

Soubi returned his attention to the screen. “Are you still insisting on coming along?”

“Yes.” Ryo came to sit on the edge of his bed. “I’ll drive you in.”

“I’m not going.” Soubi pulled his feet under him and continued the game.

“Don’t be a child about this.”

Soubi could feel Ryo’s gaze on him. His concentration on the game disappeared.

“What do you think will happen if we don’t stop this? You won’t be so lucky the next time.”

“I told you to let me handle it on my own.” Soubi lost the game and threw the console to the floor. He sighed and glared at Ryo. “That bastard yesterday is not the first, Ryo. There have been others, and I fought them all away on my own. I don’t need you to fight my battles. You promised if I told you the truth, you’d let me deal with it.”

“And you can, when it’s something petty, Soubi. For now, please let me do this. I can’t watch you walk out of the house knowing you might get hurt out there.”

Soubi pushed off the wool hat he had on his head and Ryo gasped.

He frowned at the reaction. His hair fell around his face and he suddenly realized why Ryo was in shock. In a moment of insanity at four this morning, he dyed his hair back to its original black. Ryo moved from the bed and came to kneel by the armchair. Ryo pulled him into a hug his fingers sinking into Soubi’s hair.

Unable to resist Ryo’s warmth, Soubi wrapped his arms around Ryo and clung tightly. He breathed in the scent of coffee, and an underlying intoxicating woodsy scent, Ryo’s cologne.

Soubi closed his eyes. “I’ve been up thinking all night.”

“Is that why you changed your hair?” Ryo asked.

“You said you loved it black.”

“I did. I do.” Ryo sighed. “I didn’t mean you go changing your hair.”

“I wanted to.” Soubi pressed a soft kiss on Ryo’s shoulder. “I can’t refuse you anything. I can’t, Ryo. Do you understand that?”

Ryo nodded. “Fine, I won’t go to your work place. But, you have to promise me something.”

“What?”

“If it happens again, even an attempt, Soubi, you will tell me.” Ryo’s voice sounded strained.

Ryo was probably having a hard time giving him leeway with this. Soubi smiled into the strong shoulder.

“I’ll tell you.” He promised. “Now, about this love thing between us.”

Ryo pulled away his hands resting on Soubi’s shoulders.

“What about it?”

“Are you going to take me for a date or do I have to arrange that?” Soubi raised a brow at Ryo’s surprised expression. “Coz, if you love me, dates should be involved."

Ryo chuckled.

“I’ll pick you up from work. Dress nice.”

Soubi felt warmth spread through him and he leaned over to kiss Ryo, a slow, delicious kiss that left him tingling.

****

2012, lilansui
  • Like 13
  • Love 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I was so afraid when he took that cap off he'd have cut his hair, good to see it is only dyed back to black. I'm glad they are finally admitting their feelings to one another, it will be awesome to see them actually go on a date and see the relationship progress.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Haha, Ryo needed a manual to navigate living with Soubi; that was funny. =)

 

Glad Ryo finally told Soubi how he feels.

 

Hopefully Soubi won't have to see Hiro ever again.

 

If you don't update by Monday, have a wonderful New Year's. lilansui! :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/30/2012 04:43 AM, layla said:
I was so afraid when he took that cap off he'd have cut his hair, good to see it is only dyed back to black. I'm glad they are finally admitting their feelings to one another, it will be awesome to see them actually go on a date and see the relationship progress.
I'm partial to Soubi's hair too. Didn't want to get rid of it. Thanks for the review Layla.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/30/2012 12:59 PM, Lisa said:
Haha, Ryo needed a manual to navigate living with Soubi; that was funny. =)

 

Glad Ryo finally told Soubi how he feels.

 

Hopefully Soubi won't have to see Hiro ever again.

 

If you don't update by Monday, have a wonderful New Year's. lilansui! :)

I'm glad you loved it, Lisa. Happy New Year to you too. :hug: Make sure to toast it in at midnight alright. :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment

OOOOH, such a sweet chapter. Ryo being so protective and Soubi dyeing his hair for Ryo. Gave me a warm tingly feeling. Great work!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 01/11/2013 05:23 AM, joann414 said:
OOOOH, such a sweet chapter. Ryo being so protective and Soubi dyeing his hair for Ryo. Gave me a warm tingly feeling. Great work!
I'm happy for that, thanks for the review.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

So finally my ryo and soubi are together. I really find ryo's possessiveness cute and romantic and hot and...okay i guess i must concentrate on the review. Soubi dying his hair black again for ryo was damn romantic. You know sui it is one of the chapters which leaves you with a smiling face and ticklish feeling...i loved it:-)

  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 01/23/2013 04:03 PM, sacredlove said:
So finally my ryo and soubi are together. I really find ryo's possessiveness cute and romantic and hot and...okay i guess i must concentrate on the review. Soubi dying his hair black again for ryo was damn romantic. You know sui it is one of the chapters which leaves you with a smiling face and ticklish feeling...i loved it:-)
Made me smile writing it, I'm happy you had a good time reading this.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..