Jump to content
    lilansui
    • Author
  • 2,486 Words
  • 5,160 Views
  • 15 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Assassin - 15. Chapter 15

Chapter Fifteen

Life truly came at you in twists and turns. Had someone told him he would be living on a ten-acre organic plant farm in Hana, Hawaii, Daven would have called him or her crazy. In the span of six months, he and Kian had purchased the property, and revived the flower business that came with the land. They’d renovated the two-story home, making more than enough room for Naomi and the kids.

Kian had taken to the flower business like a fish to water. The greenhouse seemed his favorite spot in the property, that the stream running through the property and the year round pond.

Naomi’s choice to relocate her spa business to Maui humbled Daven. She had insisted she wanted to live with him and Kian, and wanted the kids to grow up in a family. Daven thought her choice selfless.

As for him, he had started a small private practice in the little city close to their farm. He kept odd hours, and a staff of two nurses, who kept him busy enough with house calls around their neighborhood.

Love, Daven decided was a series of sweet compromises.

Spreading honey mustard on oat bread, he added slices of ham, tomatoes and covered the sandwiches with another slice. Taking a knife, he cut the sandwiches into neat halves and smiled when Aram and Zena came running into the kitchen from the garden.

“Look what we got,” Zena said, making Daven sneak a glance at them.

Zena was holding up a frog by the back legs. Aram jumped around in delight and Daven hoped Naomi was nowhere close. It was too early in the morning for a lecture.

“We found it in the flower garden, hiding under a stone,” Aram explained, jumping up and down when the frog continued to wiggle.

Daven hoped Zena’s fingers held the frog securely because it would be the worst if it got lose in the kitchen. Reaching for napkins, Daven covered the sandwiches, and moved around the table, making space between him and the kids.

“Zena, why don’t we liberate the frog outside,” Daven said, hoping to God Kian was close. “Don’t you think it’s going to get very hungry inside?”

“We can feed it,” Zena said, holding the frog tighter. She peered into its eyes and he wondered how she was doing it. “What do you think, Uncle Daven? Uncle Kian says they swallow up bugs. Do we have any?”

“I certainly hope not,” Daven said, starting the coffee maker. The scent would bring in Kian, one of his little secrets whenever he wanted to see Kian. “Zena—,”

She screamed, and Aram followed suit, Daven leaned back into the counter behind him, hoping to God the frog was still in Zena’s hands.

“Hold it tight,” Daven said, when he realized it was a false start.

Zena grinned and held it up for him to see. “Isn’t it pretty, Uncle Daven?”

“Pretty?” Daven’s gaze widened. “Honey, I think you’re the prettiest. Definitely the prettiest, why don’t you take the frog outside so that it can hop in the grass.”

“Does it jump in the grass?” Aram asked, peering at his sister, his fingers clenching his shorts tight. His curiosity beat his squeamishness.

Daven closed his eyes in relief when he saw Kian appear at the doorway. His boyfriend looked delicious in faded jeans, and a faded black t-shirt, his hair windswept.

Kian’s smile was ready as he took in the scene.

“Baby,” Daven said, glad the scent of coffee filled the kitchen. “Why don’t you help Zena liberate that green creature?”

“What green creature?” Kian asked, crouching down to Zena’s height so that he could look at the frog she held. “You don’t mean this handsome frog do you?”

“Yes, honey,” Daven nodded, pointing at it. “We don’t want it hopping around in the kitchen.”

Kian stole a glance at him, then grinned and kissed Zena’s cheek.

“Can I hold your friend, Zena-chan?” Kian asked.

“Sure,” Zena said, handing over the frog to Kian. “Mommy read us the story of the frog that turned into prince charming last night. I thought if we kissed it, it would definitely turn.”

“Did you now?” Kian studied the frog. “Hmm…I think this frog is just that, Zena. What do you think, Aram?”

“I told her it wouldn’t turn into Prince Charming, because he doesn’t exist,” Aram answered, holding on to Kian’s arm, finding courage to stroke the frog’s head now that Kian was involved.

“How do you know?” Kian asked, looking at Aram.

“Mommy said,” Aram said, his tone matter of fact.

“I think Mommy is wrong,” Daven said, moving back to the table, confident that Kian would take the frog out. “Prince Charming does exist.”

“Where?” Zena and Aram both asked.

“You’re looking at mine,” Daven said, picking up his knife and going back to halving sandwiches. “Isn’t he handsome?”

“Do you mean Uncle Kian?” Aram asked, his gaze on Kian.

“Why yes, my little prince,” Daven said. “Like recognizes like.”

“Don’t believe him,” Kian said in a dramatic whisper. “He wants us to take the frog back to the garden.”

“No way, he was really hard to catch,” Zena complained, leaning on Kian, to stroke the frog’s head too.

Daven took his phone then and snapped a photo of Kian surrounded by the two kids. Such moments made his heart ache, the way Kian’s eyes lit up at the trust Aram and Zena showered on him made Daven breathless.

Daven studied the picture for a moment, and then placed his phone on the table. Kian was whispering to the kids, and he should have known they were plotting against him. The next minute, Kian came to the table, the frog in his hand. Daven abandoned the sandwiches and ran around the table. The kids burst into delighted laughs as Kian chased after him.

Naomi came in at the climax, just as the poor frog escaped Kian’s hold and jumped to the windowsill. Naomi screamed loud and they all turned to look at her. The frog made good of the distraction, and escaped out the open window into the kitchen garden. Daven sighed in relief, and grinned when Kian, Zena and Aram stood still their guilty gazes on Naomi.

“It wasn’t me,” they all said at once, making Daven laugh.

“Was that a frog in the kitchen?” Naomi asked, pointing to the open window.

“No.” Zena, Aram and Kian said, shaking their heads.

Daven grinned and returned to his sandwich making.

“Alright, all of you, if you don’t want trouble, head to the sink and wash your hands,” Daven ordered. “You’ll be late for school.”

“It was a frog, wasn’t it?” Naomi asked, meeting Daven’s amused gaze.

The moment was too perfect to ruin with a lecture, so Daven waved Naomi’s question away. Kian was at the sink helping the kids wash their hands. When they were done, the kids ran out of the kitchen headed upstairs to get their school bags. Kian sat at the kitchen table, and Daven took in Kian’s pleased expression. His heart ached with love for this man who found such pleasure in the simplest of moments.

Daven stopped slicing sandwiches and poured a mug of black coffee for Kian. He brought it to Kian.

“Morning,” Daven murmured into Kian’s ear.

Kian leaned into him, and took the mug drinking an appreciative sip.

“Where did they get a frog?” Naomi asked, closing the kitchen window.

“In the garden,” Daven said, moving back to pack sandwiches into lunch boxes. “It’s been raining constantly these last few days. There should be more than one hiding.”

Naomi shuddered and slid into a stool across Kian.

“Our new home is beautiful, but it’s going to take me a while to get used to the frogs,” Naomi said.

“The kids seem to love it,” Kian said, accepting a sandwich from Daven. “I love that they’re running around outside in nature. Kids should be allowed to play to their little hearts content.”

Daven smiled when Naomi nodded in agreement and leaned her elbows on the table.

“Well,” Naomi nodded. “I have to say, living here is way more interesting. I love the pace of life, much more relaxed and quiet. The move was good for us.”

Daven met Kian’s gaze and a small smile passed between them. When Zena and Aram returned, they all worked to get them eating their breakfast, with Daven packing lunch into their school bags. Tranquility returned to the kitchen when Naomi left with the kids heading to school.

Daven sat next to Kian, watching Kian drink his coffee.

“Are you happy?” Daven asked, moving closer so that when Kian turned to him, their faces were inches apart. “You looked happy trying to get me to touch a frog.”

Kian smiled.

“Doctor, isn’t it strange for you to be squeamish?”

“I have never liked amphibians,” Daven said, wrinkling his nose.

Kian reached up to touch his nose

“I discover new things about you daily.”

“As do I,” Daven said. “Where were you, leaving me to fend for myself in the face of frogs?”

Kian sipped his coffee.

“Your dad sent me a message,” Kian answered. “He wanted my opinion on a project he is planning.”

Daven swallowed hard. His father’s projects meant the security agency was saving someone in trouble. Kian helped where he could, but never agreed to go along on the actual mission.

“How is he doing?” Daven asked.

“He’s well. He promised to visit soon,” Kian said. “He misses you.”

“I miss you more,” Daven replied. “I think, we should take advantage of the fact that we’re alone.”

Kian grinned and Daven took Kian’s coffee mug, moving it away. Daven shifted in his chair until he sat facing Kian, then pulled him into a needy kiss. Kian moaned and leaned into the kiss, eager for more.

Daven smiled and bunched Kian’s t-shirt helping him take it off. He urged Kian to his feet, and amid delicious kisses, they stumbled out of the kitchen and into a small living room tucked by the kitchen. The best thing about their new house was that there was no shortage of rooms to make love.

Daven moaned when Kian got on his knees and unzipped Daven’s jeans. He lost the ability to think when Kian’s hot mouth wrapped around him and all Daven could do was sink his fingers into Kian’s hair. There was nothing sexier than the sight of Kian’s lips wrapped around him, and the feel of Kian’s tongue stroking his hard length. God, the need to come raced at him, and he had to literally pull Kian off him before he was over the moon. Pushing Kian into the nearest lounge chair, Daven kissed Kian, tasting himself, savoring Kian’s taste and his.

Drunk with need, Daven took Kian like a man possessed. Sliding into his lover with possessive obsession. He grunted with satisfaction when Kian dug his fingers into his back and bit his shoulder trying to stifle his moans. Daven stroked his length into Kian hard, deeper, taking all that Kian had to give. He sighed in satisfaction when Kian arched into him, his head thrown back in ecstasy.

Holding himself deep in Kian, Daven took Kian’s lips in a hot kiss, savoring his taste, both of them caught in the peak of ecstasy. When Daven couldn’t help but surge into Kian again, they both tripped over and came in violent jerks that had Kian clinging to Daven’s shoulders, his thighs tight around Daven’s waist.

Daven closed his eyes, as they remained locked in each other’s arms on the comfortable lounge chair in the sunny little living room in their home.

****

No longer counting the years, the days or time, Kian played with Daven’s dreadlocks, unwilling to let Daven off him. They had shifted to the side so that Daven’s weight was not on him, but their limbs remained tangled. This sort of heaven, Kian would have never dreamed it a year ago.

Outside, masses of trees surrounded the quirky house they had bought. The trees offered plenty of cover to offer him the privacy he craved. The fences installed around the property secure enough to assure him that his new family was safe.

Daven, Naomi and the kids were now his family, Kian thought.

His heart skipped at the miracle of the thought. He hadn’t thought Daven would take him up on the offer to move States when he suggested it. That Daven had was more than enough proof of their love, that Naomi had opted to come along made the reality of a family bond come true for him.

“Should we stay here all day?” Daven asked, dusting kisses along Kian’s neck, setting him aflame again. A clever hand slid between them to capture Kian’s hardening length, Daven chuckled, the sound rambling. “Looks like you agree.”

Kian moaned, pushing his length into Daven’s caress.

“I don’t mind making love with you all day,” Kian said. “But, don’t you have to go in for office hours today?”

Daven lifted his head to meet Kian’s gaze.

“I thought I opened my own practice to make my own hours?”

Kian smiled, and shook his head.

“Your practice is closed half the time.”

“It’s a small town,” Daven shrugged. “Besides, they know where to find me if they need me.”

Kian sighed, and cupped Daven’s face, rubbing his fingers over Daven’s stubble. Kian studied Daven’s for a moment, and then asked, “My turn to ask. Do you regret any of it?”

“Any of what?” Daven asked.

“Meeting me,” Kian said, his tone soft, his insecurities high. Some days, he could go crazy thinking about what Daven might have given up to live here with him.

“No,” Daven answered. “I’m happy for all of it, Kian, even the worst. Without it, I would never have met you. What about you? Do you regret spilling your milkshake on me?”

Kian grinned.

“That was the most favorite part.”

“Punk Prince,” Daven sighed. “You love teasing me too much. You’ll make me find my own milkshake.”

“I thought you said you were fond of that memory?” Kian asked.

“I am,” Daven said, kissing him. “Always, Kian. I didn’t know it then, but you were already mine.”

How swiftly Daven healed him.

So simply, Kian thought when Daven kissed him again.

Turmoil set to rest, peace seeping into his very pores, Kian knew his life had started the moment he met Daven. This man who dared love a man like him. What could a lowly Assassin like him do but learn to live for this man?

Live until there was only happiness in every corner of his heart.

“I love you,” Kian murmured, because it felt right to say it.

“I love you,” Kian repeated, his voice stronger.

“I love you too, Assassin,” Daven said.

***

The End.

The Assassin Ends here.
I'm proud and happy, and grateful for your support.
Two for two today, may Love exist for you.
L'amore esiste
Love Exists
'til next time,
:joe:Sui
 
2017, Suilan Lee
  • Like 53
  • Love 22
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Very loving the end. I actually imagine that they marry and had a kid as well in the future😊

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Loved the ending....loved the characters...loved the plots, the action and adventure...just love your stories, especially this one!! Thanks for sharing, eagerly looking forward to more!!

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Thank you for this wonderful story! Your writing was first rate; your characters believable. I am especially glad for the HEA. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Nothing like a little warm and fuzzy after an action filled story! Kian and Daven deserve to be happy together and have a nice, uneventful life from now on. ;) Thank you for writing this! I loved it!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 5/14/2017 at 9:55 PM, Wesley8890 said:

A wonderful ending to this great story. I'll miss the characters. 

I will too.  Kian propelled this story forward for me, and I will miss writing for him. Thanks Wesley, for getting here with me.

 

On 5/15/2017 at 2:21 AM, sweetlion86 said:

Very loving the end. I actually imagine that they marry and had a kid as well in the future😊

Should I write a side-story with a wedding and a kid...hahaha...that would be fun.  They can skydive to their honeymooon....lolz.

On 5/15/2017 at 5:21 AM, Onim said:

Loved the ending....loved the characters...loved the plots, the action and adventure...just love your stories, especially this one!! Thanks for sharing, eagerly looking forward to more!!

Onim!! Thank you for all the loves!!, I love that you love this story.  I promise to think up a new one soon. :P

On 5/15/2017 at 9:54 AM, Geemeedee said:

Great story. I thoroughly enjoyed the characters. Thank you for sharing it with us. 

Thank you Geemeedee for reading this story of mine.  

On 5/15/2017 at 9:46 PM, JeffreyL said:

Thank you for this wonderful story! Your writing was first rate; your characters believable. I am especially glad for the HEA. 

Thanks Jeffrey, for reading and loving Kian and Daven.

On 5/16/2017 at 8:44 AM, Puppilull said:

Nothing like a little warm and fuzzy after an action filled story! Kian and Daven deserve to be happy together and have a nice, uneventful life from now on. ;) Thank you for writing this! I loved it!

I'm excited for those two dealing with normal issues, like breakfast and kids, simply living.  Thank you for always reading, Puppi.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Just read the last few chapters again! I have to know: have you ever eaten a ham, jam and tomato sandwich?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
9 hours ago, Geemeedee said:

Just read the last few chapters again! I have to know: have you ever eaten a ham, jam and tomato sandwich?

I am Slayed!!!! lau:gikkle::rofl::rofl::rofl: Aigoo!!  That is quite a disgusting sandwich, the kids would definitely throw it away. This is why I need beta readers. lolz.

Originally, I meant this sandwich to be ham, honey mustard and tomato, but it was early in the morning, and someone close was having a tiff about jam with me.  Guess I just typed it out and didn't think about it after.  Don't fight and write.  lolz. 4

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

You had me gripped on this story from start to finish. You really captured the sincerity of their love and what it means to love. Just a shame that we didn't get introduced to Daven's mum. 

You should be proud of this story and for sharing with so many grateful people. Bravo.

 

  • Love 3
Link to comment
17 hours ago, Danilo Syrtis said:

probably my favorite story along with « the Prince and his royal guard » 😍

wish to have a little extra about Kim taewon 

Aww...Danilo, I see you, and the love you've been showering on my stories.  Taewon-ah and Lina should be doing okay now.  So many little extras to make. Thank you so much for loving this story and all the others you've read.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Sui - been binge-reading this story since yesterday and just finished. Ah, what can I say? Yet another amazing story from your talented mind. Absolutely loved it, as I have all your stories. Please, please keep them coming!

Thank you for sharing your time and talent with us.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

This was a truly inspired story of love, fear, pain, greed, sadness and violence. The characters are fully developed and the plot is very unique. This is a story you will want to read again and again. Thank you so much!

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..