Jump to content
    LitLover
  • Author
  • 2,265 Words
  • 6,142 Views
  • 34 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Choices - 9. Chapter 9

Chapter 9

 

Even after two days, Liam couldn’t get his encounter with Alek off of his mind. If Alek wanted him back, why scold Nathan and Bryce? What was his motivation? The possibilities went around and around in his mind until he started to develop a headache. With a huff he climbed out of bed and stepped into the shower. This wasn’t the time for dissecting the motives of his ex-boyfriend. He had a physio appointment to keep.

 

“What’s on your mind?” Corey asked twenty minutes into his session. “You seem pretty distracted.”

“Just an interesting weekend,” he replied, wiping away the sweat on his forehead with a towel.

“Oh? What happened?”

Liam lay back against the leg press machine and started his next rep. “I went to Stages on Saturday night with Bryce and Nathan.”

“Bryce is in town again?”

Even in the distracted mood he was in, Liam couldn’t help but chuckle when Corey’s mouth tightened in a grimace. His boss was not a fan of Bryce’s. Of course, that could be because Bry had tried to flirt with both him and Jason when they’d first met. His friend’s personality tended to rub some people the wrong way.

“Did he hit on Nathan or something?”

“Well, yeah,” Liam confirmed with an amused smile, “but that’s not what’s bothering me.”

“Still no sparks between you and the paramedic then?”

“He’s becoming a good friend,” Liam hedged.

“Gotcha. You’re not sure if you’re interested yet. Enough said.”

Liam was grateful Corey didn’t press him further. He was tired of feeling the need to defend why he wasn’t ready to open his heart yet.

“So,” Corey continued. “If Bryce trying to get down Nathan’s pants wasn’t the issue, then what was? Something has you tied in knots.”

Liam finished his final set, and then rose from the machine the machine. His gaze turned to the front desk where the receptionist looked as though she was trying not to eavesdrop. “Can we talk in your office… if you have a few minutes?”

“Of course. I don’t have another appointment until after lunch, so we have plenty of time.” Corey walked toward his office, calling over his shoulder as he reached the doorway. “Shannon? If John from PhysioMed calls, tell him to fax or email his quote. I’ll contact him if I have any questions.”

Once they were seated on the comfortable couch, Liam wasted no time in relaying what happened with Alek, and running into Elena at the coffee shop. “I just don’t know what to think about any of it. Why would he lay into Nathan like that? It doesn’t make any sense.”

“Is it possible he just wants to see you happy?” Corey asked gently, squeezing his shoulder. “I thought the amount of time he kept you in that closet with him was ridiculous, but I never doubted that he cared. Just because you weren’t right for each other doesn’t invalidate how you both felt.”

“I know,” Liam acknowledged. “I get that, but it was all so confusing. First he shows up at the hospital telling me he loves me, and now he’s scolding someone he thinks is my boyfriend and warning him not to hurt me? I don’t get it. What about his girlfriend? Could this have been some elaborate set-up to make me think he’s trying to protect me?”

Corey blew out a breath. “I don’t know what to tell you, Li. The only one who can answer those questions is Alek. Is it possible he knew you were there when he was talking to Bryce and Nathan? Sure, anything is possible, but from what you described he would have had to have eyes in the back of his head to know you were standing behind him.”

“I guess so….” Liam stood and started to pace around the small space. “Should I talk to him, or just drop it?”

“I can’t tell you that either. You have to decide if this is important enough to meet him face to face. At this point you’ve been getting what you said you wanted, and with the exception of a few minutes on Saturday night, he’s left you alone.”

Liam stopped his circuit and put his hands on his hips, eyeing his boss. “You’re no help.”

Corey laughed. “Sorry, but really, this is something you have to decide for yourself. Is it important enough for you to know or can you forget it happened and move on?”

He collapsed back onto the couch. “I don’t know. I guess I need to think about this some more. Part of me really wants to confront him and demand an explanation, but I don’t know if I want to open that door again.”

Corey patted Liam’s knee. “No one says you have to decide anything right now.” He looked up at the clock over the door. “I’m starved. What are you doing for lunch?”

“I don’t have any plans. Why? Where’s Jase?”

“He has a teleconference over the lunch hour with his head office, so I was just going to grab some leftovers at home. This can be a good excuse to have Annie’s apple pie. Would you like to come with me? I’d love more time to catch up. I’ve missed you around here.”

Liam smiled gratefully at the other man. “I’d love to. I’ve missed being able to work. Now that I’m not sleeping all day, I don’t know what to do with all the extra time. You can only dust so much, before you take the finish off of everything. Let me take a quick shower and we can go.”

 

Liam enjoyed the meal, and was happy to have someone to talk to besides his cat, who had taken to ignoring him at regular intervals. They chatted about the program Liam had applied for and what he should expect in terms of workload.

“Speaking of school,” Corey said when he pushed away his empty plate. “I’ve been meaning to talk to you about something.”

Liam tensed, wondering if the man was going to tell him he didn’t have room for him at the clinic after all.

“Don’t look so worried,” Corey teased. “It’s nothing bad. This will be good news, I hope.”

“Okay….”

“I want to help you pay for school. I know you said you’re going to apply for OSAP1, but it won’t cover the whole cost of tuition and living expenses. I want to finance the rest of the cost.”

“What?” Liam realized how loud he’d shouted when several people around them stopped their conversations to stare. He smiled apologetically before turning back to his boss. “What do you mean you want to finance school for me? I can’t let you….”

“Now, hear me out,” Corey interrupted, raising his hands in front of him. “This isn’t going to be a gift. I talked it over with Jason, and I want to offer you a contract. I’ll help to pay for a portion of your schooling in exchange for your agreement to work for me during your summer breaks and for a minimum of three years after you graduate. Your starting salary would be negotiated once you’ve finished, but I can guarantee it would be on par with the industry standard.”

“Cor….”

“This is not a gift,” Corey repeated, “it’s good business. I know how competitive the market is. There aren’t enough new therapists to go around. I want to snap you up before anyone else realizes what a commodity you are.”

Liam could feel tears starting to burn in his eyes. He was going to cry. Dammit. “I don’t know what to say. This is too generous.”

“Just say thank you, and I can arrange to have Jason draw up something legal we can pretend we understand.”

Liam laughed. “I guess Jason would want to make sure everything was neatly typed and notarized.” He could feel his heart thumping in his chest. The idea of improving his education was becoming more of a reality with each passing day, and now this? “What if I can’t handle the program and flunk out?”

“That won’t happen,” Corey said, sounding very sure of himself. Liam opened his mouth but was stopped by Corey’s hand in the air. “However, if it would make you feel better: in the highly unlikely event you do drop out of school, or fail to obtain your degree, your job as receptionist would still be yours, and arrangements can be made in the contract to pay back the money already advanced. How does that sound?”

Liam felt a laugh bubbling up, and let it out. Jumping up from his chair he rounded the table and pulled Corey into a tight hug. “Thank you. I won’t let you down.”

“I know you won’t, Li. I have faith in you.”

 

After lunch Liam found himself walking through town, needing fresh air and space to burn off excess adrenaline. He was a ball of nervous energy. His boss’s offer was incredibly generous, and he knew he was very lucky to have the man in his corner. With the transcript ordered and his application submitted, he only had to wait for an acceptance, or a rejection letter. The woman in the Registrar’s office told him he’d missed the early admission deadline, but the next round of acceptances would be sent out within a month.

After several hours of aimless wandering, Liam was shocked to find himself outside of Alek’s garage. He was about to turn and leave when the sound of angry voices drifted out of the open bay door. Liam froze, afraid to move and bring attention to himself. Luckily, there were several vehicles in the lot partially blocking him from view.

“You will not do this, Aleksei. What am I to tell her parents?”

“It’s already done. You can tell them whatever the hell you want.”

“Do not speak to me in that tone. Natalia and her parents are invited for dinner on Friday. You will attend.”

The sound of clinking tools echoed loudly before Alek spoke again. “I won’t change my mind. We’ve talked about this.”

“You will fix this mess you’ve made. Your mother is very upset. She spent the entire weekend in tears.”

“I’m sorry she’s upset, but it changes nothing.”

“I won’t stand for this disobedience.”

“You don’t have a choice. I’m done.”

“Friday, Aleksei. You have until then to get this deviance out of your system. Do not make me regret giving you another chance.”

A door slamming and the sound of an engine starting was all the warning Liam had before a large black sedan roared out of the lot and onto the street. He watched the car as it disappeared around the corner before backing away, being careful not to be seen. His heart was beating painfully in his chest. What the hell had he just heard? What did it mean? It sounded as though Alek had broken things off with his girlfriend, and his parents weren’t happy about it. What else had he told them?

Although Liam’s instinct was to go to Alek and comfort him, he knew it might send a message he wasn’t prepared to give. He was too confused about his own feelings to be any good to his ex-boyfriend right now. Even if Alek had come out to his family, was he willing to let the man back in his life? Was it too late? God, he just didn’t know. So much had gone on between them; so much hurt had been inflicted that he wasn’t sure he could trust Alek with his heart again.

Self-doubt started to plague him as the overheard conversation replayed in his mind. If Alek had outed himself to his parents, why didn’t he say anything? There had been opportunity to do so on Saturday, when they bumped into each other at the bar. Did that mean Alek didn’t actually come clean about his sexuality, or was Corey right, and Alek was trying to respect his wishes? Why did everything have to be so damned complicated? God, he hated this indecisive person he’d become.

When he was safe from being seen, he started to jog in the direction of home, his walk over. He needed to process everything he’d heard, both today’s revelations and the incident on Saturday night. Before he’d made it halfway home, his phone buzzed with an incoming message from Nathan.

‘I don’t have to work until eleven. Join me for dinner? My treat.’

Torn, he stared at the message for a long time, barely seeing the scenery as he walked past. Nathan was a good man. A stable man who was comfortable in his own skin. He would treat Liam well, but was that enough? Deep down he knew he wasn’t over Alek, but he’d been hurt and wasn’t sure he could come back from that.

Choosing to take everyone’s advice, he decided to go with the flow and stop putting pressure on himself. If nothing else, Nathan was his friend, and friends were allowed to eat together. Taking a deep breath, he started typing. ‘Sure. Where do you want to meet?’

How about ‘The Grizzly’ at six-thirty? They make a great steak.

‘Sounds great. See you then.’

With that done he pulled up his contact list. He had a few hours until he had to meet Nathan, and there was someone he needed to talk to. Now.

 

 

1. OSAP (Ontario Student Assistance Program) is a government operated student loan/grant program for Ontario College and University Students.

Thank you to my editor/beta/friend, Gary, for all of his support and advice.  I'm lucky to have him as a mentor.  :kiss: :hug:   Thank you to all of you who read and support this story.  

If you want to weigh in on the Alek/Nathan debate, please feel free to join us here.  smile.png

Copyright © 2017 LitLover; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 50
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



Wow there happened a lot in this chapter. Liam`s boss is a very nice guy. And Alec has trouble with his parents. Sounds to me, that he is out of the closet now. Exciting!
Thanks for writing this.

Link to comment

What a wonderful man Corey is. Understanding, patient, generous and immensely kind. What tough position Liam must be in. His heart seems bound to Alek, whether he likes it or not. Does Liam really have a choice? I once thought so, but it seems he cannot command his heart in this matter - he likes Nathan, but could he be angry at the paramedic if Nathan moved on? I doubt this. Liam is still angry and confused with Alek because he still loves the man. At least, so it seems to me. And so I wonder if Liam really has any choice at all.

Link to comment

Liam keeps going back to Alek, consciously and subconsciously. This should tell him he's not done with the man. What should he do? I'd say talking to him is a start. Maybe Alek thinks Liam has moved on and out of respect he stays away? Maybe they shouldn't start anything new, but they deserve better closure. Especially if Alek has finally come out. Then he might need a friend.

Link to comment

Can't help but love Corey. It seems to me like Aleks has told his parents more than just that he's braking up with the gf. People don't just randomly sling around the word deviance, so it's a little hard to imagine Liam reading that otherwise. He was bewildered, of course, so that has a role to play... Liam, even if he's stuck on Aleks even after all that's happened, seems to be moving towards safety right now. Whether that is a good or a bad thing remains to be seen. Hopefully this phone call (to Marty?) will help clear things up.

Link to comment

I agree with Lux, the call is to Marty. ;-)

 

I’m still not in favor of Alek for Liam (Sorry Gary and hoho). I feel that their relationship is toxic. They can’t be with each other, but they can’t keep away from each other. Liam needs to resolve this by remembering all the pain Alek has caused him… and just get over him!

 

Alek's family is always going to be there in the background being a thorn in his side. They will find ways to remind him of their disappointment and rejection even while shunning him. He comes with too much baggage!

Link to comment

Liam has all the reason in the world to doubt when it comes to Alek. Considering multiple breakups with the man. I fully appreciate where he's coming from. He'd finally put his foot down and said enough is enough. Once he'd made that final decision, it would be very hard to even consider the possibility of giving Alek a second chance. And yet, still being in love with the man certainly makes things much more complicated. Liam is afraid to trust Alek with his heart again, though it seems to me Alek never lost his heart in the first place.

 

As for this conversation between Alek and his dad, I too think he must have already come out, and certainly broke things off with the girl. I can't for the life of me fathom the argument. It seems like their parents are trying to pull both of their strings. The girl and her parents will be at dinner so Alek needs to be at the dinner? You know what's the perfect formula for a romantic relationship? Both sets of parents being present to push the potential couple at each other.

 

Whatever the situation might be, I hope Alek continues to stick to his convictions on this. Just from that brief exchange we witnessed, it seems his dad should have heard "No" a long time ago about a lot of things. What is he trying to leverage against Alek? I'm dying for another conversation between Liam and Alek. Hope that happens soon.

Link to comment
On 03/10/2017 02:34 AM, Lyssa said:

Wow there happened a lot in this chapter. Liam`s boss is a very nice guy. And Alec has trouble with his parents. Sounds to me, that he is out of the closet now. Exciting!

Thanks for writing this.

Liam's boss is a great guy. Seriously.. I want to work for Corey. ;)

 

Thank you for your review and support, Lyssa :)

Link to comment
On 03/10/2017 02:37 AM, Wesley8890 said:

Could it be possible Alexei is gonna come out? Hopefully he will or already has.

Something definitely happened. I hope you continue with the story to find out what it was :)

 

Thank you for your review and support. :)

Link to comment

Okay ... regardless of whether Liam builds a relationship with either guy there are important consequences. If Alek comes out it should be for himself no one else. If that is the case than it shows growth in him and his acceptance of who he is. That is the most important point to all of this. If he never comes to accept himself he isn't his best for whoever he would be with. Perhaps Natalia [is that name correct for his "girlfriend"?] has realized he's not truly happy with her and questioned him about it. Her support along with that of his sisters may play a role in his decision. Then there is Nathan. He's a great guy. But not every great guy is someone with which to build a relationship beyond friendship. Great guys make great friends. No one can't make room for one more great friend. Perhaps Liam ends up being friends with both ... he hasn't even met me.

Link to comment
On 03/10/2017 03:10 AM, Parker Owens said:

What a wonderful man Corey is. Understanding, patient, generous and immensely kind. What tough position Liam must be in. His heart seems bound to Alek, whether he likes it or not. Does Liam really have a choice? I once thought so, but it seems he cannot command his heart in this matter - he likes Nathan, but could he be angry at the paramedic if Nathan moved on? I doubt this. Liam is still angry and confused with Alek because he still loves the man. At least, so it seems to me. And so I wonder if Liam really has any choice at all.

Corey is a great man. He wants to see Liam succeed, and wants to help in any way he can to make that happen.

 

Liam didn't seem overly concerned with Bryce flirting with Nathan, did he?

 

Thank you for your review and support, Parker :)

Link to comment
On 03/10/2017 04:15 AM, Puppilull said:

Liam keeps going back to Alek, consciously and subconsciously. This should tell him he's not done with the man. What should he do? I'd say talking to him is a start. Maybe Alek thinks Liam has moved on and out of respect he stays away? Maybe they shouldn't start anything new, but they deserve better closure. Especially if Alek has finally come out. Then he might need a friend.

I agree with you. Communication is usually a good option, especially if you're confused about something. On the other hand, seeing Alek seems to cause more conflicted feelings, so I can see why Liam would be reluctant.

 

Thank you for your review and support, Puppi.

Link to comment
On 03/10/2017 04:27 AM, Lux Apollo said:

Can't help but love Corey. It seems to me like Aleks has told his parents more than just that he's braking up with the gf. People don't just randomly sling around the word deviance, so it's a little hard to imagine Liam reading that otherwise. He was bewildered, of course, so that has a role to play... Liam, even if he's stuck on Aleks even after all that's happened, seems to be moving towards safety right now. Whether that is a good or a bad thing remains to be seen. Hopefully this phone call (to Marty?) will help clear things up.

Liam has been hurt, a lot, so seeking safety would be understandable for him. Whether or not his feeling of safety with Nathan is strictly platonic, or if that will translate into romantic feelings as his heart heals remains to be seen.

 

Thank you for your review and support, Lux. :)

Link to comment
On 03/10/2017 05:26 AM, droughtquake said:

I agree with Lux, the call is to Marty. ;-)

 

I’m still not in favor of Alek for Liam (Sorry Gary and hoho). I feel that their relationship is toxic. They can’t be with each other, but they can’t keep away from each other. Liam needs to resolve this by remembering all the pain Alek has caused him… and just get over him!

 

Alek's family is always going to be there in the background being a thorn in his side. They will find ways to remind him of their disappointment and rejection even while shunning him. He comes with too much baggage!

Family can be a hard thing to break away from. I think that is part of the reason why Alek was reluctant to come out in the first place. Whether he has or not at this point, you;'re right, there is a chance of the parents continuing to be a thorn in his side.

 

Thank you for your review and support, drought :)

Link to comment
On 03/10/2017 05:38 AM, spikey582 said:

Liam has all the reason in the world to doubt when it comes to Alek. Considering multiple breakups with the man. I fully appreciate where he's coming from. He'd finally put his foot down and said enough is enough. Once he'd made that final decision, it would be very hard to even consider the possibility of giving Alek a second chance. And yet, still being in love with the man certainly makes things much more complicated. Liam is afraid to trust Alek with his heart again, though it seems to me Alek never lost his heart in the first place.

 

As for this conversation between Alek and his dad, I too think he must have already come out, and certainly broke things off with the girl. I can't for the life of me fathom the argument. It seems like their parents are trying to pull both of their strings. The girl and her parents will be at dinner so Alek needs to be at the dinner? You know what's the perfect formula for a romantic relationship? Both sets of parents being present to push the potential couple at each other.

 

Whatever the situation might be, I hope Alek continues to stick to his convictions on this. Just from that brief exchange we witnessed, it seems his dad should have heard "No" a long time ago about a lot of things. What is he trying to leverage against Alek? I'm dying for another conversation between Liam and Alek. Hope that happens soon.

lol can you imagine a dinner like that? Four parents glaring down the table at you? I know that makes me feel warm and fuzzy :unsure2:

 

I don't blame Liam for protecting himself either. He gave Alek a lot of chances to make things right and now that he is trying to move on the idea of going back and risking disappointment again would be daunting.

 

Thank you for your review and support, Spikey :)

Link to comment
On 03/10/2017 06:44 AM, dughlas said:

Okay ... regardless of whether Liam builds a relationship with either guy there are important consequences. If Alek comes out it should be for himself no one else. If that is the case than it shows growth in him and his acceptance of who he is. That is the most important point to all of this. If he never comes to accept himself he isn't his best for whoever he would be with. Perhaps Natalia [is that name correct for his "girlfriend"?] has realized he's not truly happy with her and questioned him about it. Her support along with that of his sisters may play a role in his decision. Then there is Nathan. He's a great guy. But not every great guy is someone with which to build a relationship beyond friendship. Great guys make great friends. No one can't make room for one more great friend. Perhaps Liam ends up being friends with both ... he hasn't even met me.

I agree with you. IF Alek comes out, it needs to be for himself. If he does it for Liam (or anyone else) he could potentially come to resent them if/when his parents and extended family turn on him. This is a personal decision that has to be made because it's what HE wants.

 

Thank you for your review and support, Dugh :hug:

Link to comment

Cory is the best kind of friend. Helping Liam out like that is great.. I do have to take issue with him saying that Alek kept Liam in the closet though. Alek was in the closet, Liam chose to get in there and stay with him until he decided that he couldn't.
Now Liam has more choices to make, and he is in an unenviable position. Does he accept thT Alek is doing just as he asked or does he risk his heart again. Is it worth it?

 

The whole thing with the girlfriend sounds like 2 families trying to force an issue. But to what end? Were promises made? A business merger at stake? Is her family saving face by marrying her into a respectable family? Or simply, just the family not being able to let go of age old traditions.
If Alek did indeed come out then good for him.. The next logical step would be to break from the family business if they continue to hold this girl over his head. It's what he most fears but he would have done the hard part already by owning who he is. He just needs to follow through and be his own man.. Even if he thinks it will mean he's alone. I'm betting that not all his family will shut him out..
I don't think Alek will tell Liam, (I hope he doesn't) so I wonder, if Liam doesn't confront him how the 'secret' will be revealed..

 

Ok, so maybe I had a lot of thoughts this chapter..

Link to comment

I'm sure most readers won't like my comments but it is my opinion. I've followed this story since it started and I guess it took this chapter to really set my opinions:
Liam - needs to pull up his big boy pants and as much as it hurts walk completely away from Alexi. Voice of experience here...been there, done that; took two times but I finally figured it out.
Alexi - wants his cake and eat it too. My opinion of Alexi so far is he will break away from his parents for a time and then "knuckle under" and do as they demand. I've seen it too many times.
Nathan - Unless I've really misread his character he is the best thing (after Corey) to come in to Liam's life. If I remember correctly early on, he told Liam he would like to date him but would be happy to just be a good friend. That's the kind of man you want as a friend/lover.
OK, I'm getting off my soap box now. After all, this is just my opinion. I'll be interested to see where you take this story.

Link to comment

I skimmed through the comments and one caught my eye. I hope he is calling Marty. And I hope Marty can be neutral enough so Liam can just talk through his feelings without pressure. I think I'm starting to lean toward team Alek after sitting on the fence for awhile. Love these characters! Love this story. Thanks. Jeff

Link to comment

I will always opt for true love. Love itself is always a risk, and the road can be rocky. Alek needed to grow... and grow up. Sounds like he's done that, and it's no ploy. He hasn't involved Liam, and from his words and actions in the previous chapter, he accepts it's too late. Liam has heard his conversation with his father, and made a move in a different direction... Nathan. Just as friends, but it gives Liam a chance to further explore his feelings. I think the ball is now more in his court than anyone else's. He has to pull up his 'big boy pants' :) and follow his heart wherever it leads. Well done, Lit... cheers... Gary....

Link to comment

Along with a bunch of your other readers, I too, think Marty is the one Liam's calling. Marty can't tell Liam what to do (like Corey couldn't), but he can be a good ear and maybe give Liam a different perspective.

 

Hell, maybe even Nathan can give Liam his take on the Alek conundrum.

 

From Alek's conversation with his father, it seems to me that he finally came out. His father giving him a second 'chance' (At what? Not being a deviant? lol), tells me he really doesn't want to do anything drastic like kick Alec out of the business or anything.

 

Corey is such a wonderful person! :) What a great guy he is to offer financial assistance for Liam's school! Here we call that educational assistance -- when the employer pays for the employee to go back to school as long as it's job related. It's not always the case in small companies, I suppose, so kudos to Corey. :)

 

This was another great chapter, Lit. :)

Link to comment

Corey as well as Jason were such good friends to Liam ! University fees in real life are so exhorbitant, it should follow that Liam needed all the help he could get even in the fictional realm ...

 

Who would Liam call, someone with more information on Alek's current situation or someone with honest advice ? Elena or Marty ?

 

Going out to dinner with Nathan ?! Liam, you would be sending out mixed signals to that guy ... Now even I AM confused ! :o

Link to comment
On 03/10/2017 08:40 AM, Defiance19 said:

Cory is the best kind of friend. Helping Liam out like that is great.. I do have to take issue with him saying that Alek kept Liam in the closet though. Alek was in the closet, Liam chose to get in there and stay with him until he decided that he couldn't.

Now Liam has more choices to make, and he is in an unenviable position. Does he accept thT Alek is doing just as he asked or does he risk his heart again. Is it worth it?

 

The whole thing with the girlfriend sounds like 2 families trying to force an issue. But to what end? Were promises made? A business merger at stake? Is her family saving face by marrying her into a respectable family? Or simply, just the family not being able to let go of age old traditions.

If Alek did indeed come out then good for him.. The next logical step would be to break from the family business if they continue to hold this girl over his head. It's what he most fears but he would have done the hard part already by owning who he is. He just needs to follow through and be his own man.. Even if he thinks it will mean he's alone. I'm betting that not all his family will shut him out..

I don't think Alek will tell Liam, (I hope he doesn't) so I wonder, if Liam doesn't confront him how the 'secret' will be revealed..

 

Ok, so maybe I had a lot of thoughts this chapter..

I agree, Liam was voluntarily in that closet, but sometimes a protective friend might not see it that way ;)

 

It can be tough if there is family pressure to date someone "acceptable". I'm not saying that's what's happening here, but I have seen it happen that a family doesn't find one partner acceptable, and tries to thrust an acceptable option into the mix.

 

Thank you for your review and support, Def :hug:

Link to comment
On 03/10/2017 08:45 AM, ljs 48 said:

I'm sure most readers won't like my comments but it is my opinion. I've followed this story since it started and I guess it took this chapter to really set my opinions:

Liam - needs to pull up his big boy pants and as much as it hurts walk completely away from Alexi. Voice of experience here...been there, done that; took two times but I finally figured it out.

Alexi - wants his cake and eat it too. My opinion of Alexi so far is he will break away from his parents for a time and then "knuckle under" and do as they demand. I've seen it too many times.

Nathan - Unless I've really misread his character he is the best thing (after Corey) to come in to Liam's life. If I remember correctly early on, he told Liam he would like to date him but would be happy to just be a good friend. That's the kind of man you want as a friend/lover.

OK, I'm getting off my soap box now. After all, this is just my opinion. I'll be interested to see where you take this story.

Thank you for letting me know your thoughts ljs. I appreciate your opinions. I agree that Liam needs to make some hard choices, regardless of what the choice is. Right now he's mired in his own indecision.

 

I'm not going to say too much about Alek and Nathan, except to say that Nathan is a good man.

 

Thank you for your review and your support :)

Link to comment
On 03/10/2017 11:41 AM, JeffreyL said:

I skimmed through the comments and one caught my eye. I hope he is calling Marty. And I hope Marty can be neutral enough so Liam can just talk through his feelings without pressure. I think I'm starting to lean toward team Alek after sitting on the fence for awhile. Love these characters! Love this story. Thanks. Jeff

Thank you, Jeff :) Liam does need someone who can be objective and let him talk through everything that's on his mind. Can Marty do that? Maybe?

 

Thank you for your review and support :)

Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..