Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Next Stage - 44. New Boundaries

So sorry it's been forever. Book 2 of the Do You Ship Us? series is coming out in March! Date TBA Let me know if you'd like a free copy when it's published. I'm happy to share them around to anyone interested.

“So, you’re going to be a coach on The Voice, huh?” Ryan asks as he climbs into bed beside Jasper.

“Apparently. I don’t know. That feels like one really insane fever dream, honestly. I haven’t really processed it. How was your night? I barely saw you.” Jasper moves closer to Ryan in bed.

“Well, mostly mingling and being lectured by Elliott about our privilege.” Ryan sighs, staring up at the ceiling. “I’m thinking of quitting the show.”

“What? Because of Elliott?” Jasper scoffs.

“He had the role of Rocky but they recast it because he’s trans and they found the scars on his chest ‘uncomfortable’. I can’t in good conscious continue playing a role he rightfully deserves because of something so discriminatory. What would that make me? I don’t want to be complicit in silencing him.”

Jasper’s mood changes. “Okay, wow. That’s intense. Let me think about it for a minute.” Jasper stares up at the ceiling too. “He had the role first?”

“Mm. But he’s my understudy now. So if I quit the show, he’d have to take the lead role.”

“Ryan, I know you’re trying to do the right thing here, but this is more complicated than right and wrong. I mean, we still get our share of people hating us for being together, but we’ve got enough support that it doesn’t hurt us. Elliott is a young performer in a huge industry where he has the pressure of on an entire cast on his shoulders. You’re taking a massive gamble in your faith in people if you want to drop out and make him step up into a role that will have him shirtless on stage for much of the production.”

Ryan sighs. “It shouldn’t matter.”

“It shouldn’t. And maybe he can take whatever comes. He’s certainly got his walls built high, but he’d want a back-up career for if it doesn’t go over well, because the industry will just drop him. I mean, you were dropped from Chicago when I was in controversy. Seems like if the drama Isn't scripted and bringing them money, they don’t tolerate it.”

“I guess.” Ryan shrugs. “He deserves the chance though, doesn’t he?”

“Of course. But maybe that problem is bigger than you can control. You can’t change an entire industry.”

“Maybe.” Ryan nods. “How are you feeling about Beth coming home?”

Jasper sighs. He’d love to say he’s excited, but it’s a complicated excitement. He’s excited that she might come home and fall in love with her daughter and Jasper and Ryan might not have a newborn in the house anymore because three kids is three more than Jasper ever expected to be raising. But on the other hand, he’s scared that won’t happen. He’s scared his long-time friendship will be forever changed by the fact he’s stuck raising her baby. He loves that little girl so much the thought of her leaving breaks his heart, but he’d rather miss his niece, then lose his friend because she can’t cope with the child she wanted so desperately to have.

It’s so long before Jasper finds the words for his response, that Ryan is asleep and softly beginning to snore beside him. Jasper moves closer and spoons Ryan. Kissing the back of his neck and running his hand down Ryan’s arm until he can hold Ryan’s hand until he falls asleep too.

**** 

Jasper wakes to the feeling of Ryan’s tongue teasing his nipple. It’s been a long time since intimacy hasn’t been rushed straight to sex because of a lack of time. Right now, the pleasure is simmering in an addictively mild way. Though Jasper is already looking forward to more, to everything, he’s also letting out a gentle moan at how slow and delicate each movement of Ryan’s tongue and lips are on an area that is often ignored. In fact, Jasper can’t remember ever feeling this sensitive.

Ryan’s hand slides up Jasper’s thigh, grazing over his crotch and his fingers wrap around the taut material, moving slowly up and down as he works Jasper up even more. His lips travel down, nipping as he passes over areas he knows he’ll get a reaction out of. It’s like Ryan has mentally mapped out all the places on Jasper’s body that makes him shiver, flinch and moan, and he has a skill for timing the touch of each spot in a way that torments Jasper beautifully.

The heat of Ryan’s breath through the material covering his erection makes Jasper’s hips arch with want. Ryan obliges, tugging his underwear down and catching Jasper’s full attention as he gives him what he’s aching for. Jasper closes his eyes, and his fingers thread through Ryan’s hair, not daring to take control of this even though Ryan’s lips feel like they are moving in slow motion. Jasper is reminding himself every few moments that there is no rush. They could drag this out for the entire morning if they wanted. From the content, pleasure filled moans Ryan keeps letting out, Jasper gets the feeling he’s enjoying taking his time.

It’s unfair how fast Jasper can feel himself building to an orgasm, considering the pace, but all control of himself is lost the moment Ryan’s fingers...

“Are you kidding me?” Leo states Jasper’s exact sentiments the moment he and Ryan have to pause what they are doing because he’s burst into their bedroom.

“What’s up Leo?” Jasper groans as Ryan moves back up the bed, pulling the sheets with him to cover Jasper.

Leo turns around and points to his airpods. “Listen, you’re talking about the TV debut of the man who has held a solid spot in tabloids for the last 7 years. What having him on the show will do for your ratings is worth more than that. Try harder.”

“I’m gonna kill him.” Jasper mutters, hanging his head.

“Me too.” Ryan laughs.

“Tell you what, you call me when you have a better number to offer.” Leo presses his airpod and grins at Jasper. “Good morning.”

“No. Not good morning. First you ruin the only chance I have for sex today, probably this entire week, and then you ruin the chance I have for getting that position on The Voice.” Jasper rolls his eyes. “This manager thing has gone to your head in a single week.”

I’ve ruined nothing. Fuck away, and thank me when I get a call back telling me they’ve raised their offer to match the person they’re hiring.” Leo shrugs, crossing his arms.

“Leo?”

“Yeah?”

“Get out.” Jasper orders.

Leo smirks, turning around and walking out. “I’ll leave you to it.”

“I shouldn’t have promoted him. He’s way too cocky.” Jasper sighs, relaxing against Ryan.

Ryan says, kissing Jasper’s neck and reaching his hand down to get Jasper back in the mood. “Just you and me. No distractions.” Ryan’s lips follow the trace of his fingers.

Jasper closes his eyes, giving his full attention to the pleasure Ryan’s giving him, but his indulgence is cut short as Leo swings the door open again and struts in.

“Guess who just called back offering an extra $50 grand to your paycheck and an exclusive performance with you and Luke on the second night. I told you! I am on fire!” Leo punches the air.

Jasper throws a pillow at him. “Speaking of fire, you cockblock me one more time and I’ll absolutely fire you as my manager.”

I’m sharing good news, it should be getting you hyped.”

“What gets me hyped is a kid-free morning where my manager keeps work out of my bedroom, kapeesh?” Jasper says, giving Leo a glare.

“Sorry.” Leo nods.

“You can make it up for me by sorting out breakfast for when we are done here.”

Leo shrugs. “If only you had a personal assistant.”

“The ice you’re on is so thin you look like you’ve learned to walk on water.”

“Are you saying I’m Jesus?”

Jasper glares. “Yes, right now I’m picturing you nailed to a cross, slowly dying like my hopes for fucking my husband this week.”

Leo raises his hands guiltily and walks out.

Jasper and Ryan share a look as if deciding whether it’s worth attempting this a third time.

“I’m not in the mood anymore, but I don’t know how much longer I can live without having an orgasm.” Jasper sighs.

“Right?” Ryan laughs and kisses Jasper’s hip. “What’s Leo even doing here?”

“Oh, I promoted him impulsively to my manager. I think the power has gone to his head.” Jasper sighs, looking down into Ryan’s gorgeous eyes.

“Elliott mentioned something about that last night. Do you think that’s a good idea?” Ryan asks, seemingly giving up on the idea of anything sexy this morning.

Jasper sighs and props himself on his elbows. “He’ll be the best person for the job, just as soon as I set some more professional boundaries.”

“I don’t know if Leo can even do ‘professional boundaries’,” Ryan laughs.

“Well, he’s still my best friend, so it’s going to be a challenge for both of us to work out the new expectations,” Jasper says. He and Ryan just look at each other for a few good moments before Jasper sighs. “One day we’ll have no interruptions.”

“One day. It would be nice.” Ryan sighs then moves back up the bed, kissing Jasper sweetly. “You better go have a chat with your manager.”

**** 

“Leo, I need to have a chat with you about this promotion I’ve given you.” Jasper walks into the kitchen. Leo holds out a steaming cup of tea.

I’m sorry. I got over excited.” Leo smiles.

Jasper accepts the tea. “Well-”

“Okay, so this morning I’ve got some plans for you.”

“No, Leo. Beth is coming back today, I need to be home and available.”

Leo’s shoulders sink.

“Leo, about this manager thing...”

“I’ve fucked it up already haven’t I?” Leo sighs, sitting at the kitchen table.

Jasper sits opposite him, sipping at the tea. “Do you know why I decided to offer you the job the moment you told me I’d need a manager?” he asks.

Leo shrugs. “Because I was there and...”

“Because I knew you’d do the absolute best for me and you’ve proven to be the person I can rely on the most.”

“Slightly offended,” Ryan says as he comes down the stairs.

“Professionally,” Jasper clarifies.

I’ll accept that.”

“He also made me a really good cup of tea though, so watch out,” Jasper winks at Ryan.

Ryan rolls his eyes. “I see this ‘professional boundaries’ conversation is going well.”

“My bad.” Jasper clears his throat, sitting up a little straighter and doing his best to hold a serious expression. “Now that you’re my manager, we need to make some changes to the way we manage our relationship. It was kinda okay as my personal assistant, but as my manager we’ve got to keep things a bit more appropriate. I don’t want either of us to give the wrong impression moving forward.”

Leo nods. “Yeah. I figured the moment you asked me to be your manager, I could kiss goodbye to the idea of a threesome.”

“I’m not sure that was ever on the cards.” Jasper laughs, casting a smile at Ryan.

There’s a subtle cheekiness in the way Ryan smiles back at him, like he’d not have dismissed the idea. When Jasper looks back at Leo he’s surprised to catch Leo looking at Ryan with the same smile.

“Am I missing something?” Jasper asks, turning to Ryan again.

Before Ryan can explain, there’s a knock on the door. “That’ll be mom bringing the kids back.” Ryan walks to the door and sure enough there’s an eruption of noise as the kids are let free back inside the house.

Despite being curious about the implication of those smirks, Jasper knows his window to ask about it is firmly shut now that Jasmyn is climbing on him.

“Okay, so today is a family day. I’ll call you later and see what I can schedule for you tomorrow. Sound good?” Leo asks, getting up to leave.

“Sounds great. Bye Leo.” Jasper waves, turning his full attention to the kids.

“Daddy, I want yoghurt,” Jasmyn demands.

Jasper puts her down on the ground. “Didn’t Nana feed you?” Jasper asks jokingly.

Jasmyn stomps her foot. “I want yoghurt, fucking Christ.”

Jasper turns away and he and Ryan make eye contact, both trying not to laugh at how funny that’d sounded coming from their darling little daughter.

Jasper composes himself and turns back, mentally noting that it is time he stopped swearing in front of the kids. “Jazzy, you don’t use those words, okay. Those are grown up words.”

**** 

It’s only a few hours later that Grace pulls in the driveway with Beth in the front seat. Jasper watches her from the window as he holds her daughter. “Mommy’s home,” he whispers to the fussing newborn.

Beth seems to be mentally preparing herself. Taking an extra moment in the car before she gets out. Grace loops her arm through Beths and they walk together towards the door.

Jasper takes a deep breath and heads down to let them in. He’d have preferred not to be holding the baby when he greeted Beth, but Ryan is in the middle of making a bottle and the only thing worse would be for Beth to walk in and hear her daughter screaming.

“Hey.” Jasper smiles at Beth, hoping for the best.

“Hey. Oh my goodness look at how big she’s getting!” Beth reaches immediately for the baby and Jasper passes her over. He’s sad the moment he lets her go, but the tears in Beth’s eyes as she brings her daughter up close to her chest for a loving cuddle is precious to witness. “Oh, baby girl I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry. Mommy’s got you.”

Ryan’s arm slips around Jasper’s waist and brings him close. “She’s due for a bottle, do you want to feed her?” Ryan offers the bottle to Beth.

“Oh, yes please.” Beth takes the bottle and walks over to the couch. She sits down and pops the bottle into her daughter’s mouth, then gazes down at her, eyes filled with tears.

“She’s been so excited to come home and see her,” Grace says with a proud smile.

“She seems happy,” Jasper nods, leaning into Ryan for some comfort. He’d been hoping Beth would be okay when she came back, but he knew this meant their time raising this sweet little baby is likely over. With that thought in mind, Jasper goes to the kids bedroom to look at his own babies. They look so big.

Holding Beth’s daughter reminds him of how exhausting and incredible it’d been to hold his own as a newborn. He almost can’t believe he’s even wondering if he’s truly done having babies around. Once upon a time he didn’t even know if he wanted kids and now here he is, standing in the doorway, looking at the little people he gets to love forever, and wondering how many more times he can expand his heart.

“Are you okay?” Ryan asks, back hugging him.

“Yeah.” Jasper nods. “Please tell me I’m insane for even thinking about it.”

“Being insane has never stopped you before,” Ryan replies, massaging Jasper’s shoulders. “But I don’t think we need to be making this decision right now.”

“I know. We don’t have time for more kids. Not with both of us having demanding careers.”

“We should quit our jobs.” Ryan suggests.

Jasper laughs and turns in Ryan’s arms. “We’re not having another one. I’m just feeling nostalgic for the baby cuddles. Remember when Jasmyn was little and she’d stare into our eyes when we fed her? And she’d fall asleep in our arms. Now she talks back and gives me sass.”

Well who knows where she gets that from?” Ryan says sarcastically.

“I know right? Grace’s genetics.”

“You.”

I’d have had the ever-loving shit smacked out of me if I spoke that way to my parents as a child,” Jasper laughs.

“I’d make a fortune if I put a swear jar on the counter,” Ryan grins.

**** 

The house is noisy, in the quietest way Jasper has known it in some time. Beth took her baby to Grace’s house for some mom time. Apparently Flynn and their tribe of children went away for a week to give the girls time to settle in together. Grace helping Beth is sweet. She’d had post natal depression herself, and been beautifully supported by Flynn, so she knew what support had helped her most.

But after Jasper has bathed and given dinner to Jasmyn and Elijah, the two sit together on the couch watching Frozen and Jasper’s arms feel empty. The baby had been a lot of work, but she’d also been so loved.

Leo calls, like he said he would.

“How’d things go with Beth?”

“She took her daughter home,” Jasper answers, trying to sound glad about it.

“Oh good, so it’s just the two tonight?”

“Yeah?”

I’ve got a surprise for you. Consider it my apology for interrupting this morning.”

The doorbell rings and Jasper frowns as he heads over and opens it. “Mom? Dad?” This didn’t feel like an apology for ruining the best foreplay Jasper’d had in months.

“We’re here to watch the kids,” his mom says with a smile as she hugs Jasper.

“Okay, why?”

“Your manager said you have something booked for tonight.”

“Did he now?” Jasper asks, putting his phone back to his ear. “Leo? Explain.”

“No. Just head over to the address I’m texting to you. It’ll all make sense.”

“Uh, no. Managers don’t do surprises Leo. You have to tell me what I’m doing. I can’t rock up to a gig with no idea what I’m meant to be doing. It’s almost eight pm. I am in my pajamas.”

I’m sure that’ll be fine. I’ll talk to you tomorrow.” Leo hangs up and Jasper is murderous but intrigued enough to throw some proper clothes on, kiss his kids goodnight and go to the address Leo sent him. He arrives at a fancy, modern looking apartment, and knocks on the door. His phone beeps with a text from Leo with a numbered code. He presses the lockpad and turns the doorhandle, wondering if this is how his life ends. Day one of Leo’s management has sent him to his doom. But there’s candles lighting the hallway and when Jasper gets to the door the candles have led to, he’s absolutely shocked to find Ryan waiting for him on the edge of a bed, holding a pair of handcuffs.

“What the fuck?”

“That swear jar is going to pay our kids college tuition,” Ryan laughs.

“No, but seriously. Explain. Aren’t you meant to be on stage right now?”

“I called in sick.” Ryan shrugs.

“What? Why?”

“To give Eli the night to prove himself. And because when Leo offered me free range to his weird sex dungeon I was genuinely curious enough to risk my career for a night here with you.”

Jasper looks around. The walls are covered in mirrors and just inside the door is a list of rules like it’s an airbnb, along with a tray of condoms. “This is Leo’s?” Jasper asks, reading through the list.

  1. These candles are decorative, not for wax play. Do not use these candles on skin.

  1. All used toys to be placed in the sterilization box.

  1. Please put bedsheets in the washing machine after use.

  1. Plastic sheets are in the cupboard for food play or water sports. Please dispose of these after each session.

  1. Be safe. Get consent for each new activity. Have fun. Cum hard.

Copyright © 2021 Claire Rosalind; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 8
  • Love 9
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Nice chapter. I can't help thinking there has has to be a way to hide Elliot's scars isn't there. I'm not so sure it would be an issue with the public anyway but I'e been wrong about that before

Link to comment

What a fun and exciting chapter to read. I'm most excited to have seen a new chapter to read. Thank-You.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..