Jump to content
    Mancunian
  • Author
  • 1,486 Words
  • 673 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
As part of the Lost Souls Series and The Boot World readers may benefit from reading the other stories previously published, although it isn't necessary it could help you to enjoy this story more.
 

Goldstein, Johnson & Cole - 12. Chapter 12 Haifa

Nothing goes smooth all of the time, some of Joseph's insecurities and effects of past trauma come to the surface. Hopefully a break on the coast will help ease things.

Behind the scenes at Associated Executive Car Services men and women were working hard on their computers. Background checks were being carried out on city employees and tentative plans were being made for meetings. Specialists wearing latex gloves in another room were poring over and scrutinizing documents, they spoke in murmurs and hushed whispers. All of them were working to a plan laid out on a storyboard. This is typical of all of the covert operations they worked on.

*****

 

“No, no, please stop you're hurting me.”

The stick came down harder on his back as he tried to crawl away.

“Please, I beg you, no more.”

CRACK

The sound echoed in his ears as the bone in his forearm broke.

“Arrgh” He screamed.

His clothes stuck to his back, the blood oozing from cuts on his back making them stick.

“Nooooo”

 

Joseph woke up drenched in sweat, his night clothes sticking to him. He struggled against the force of the arms gripping him.

“Let go of me, leave me alone.” He screamed at the top of his voice.

“Ssshhh, it's okay Joseph. I've got you, you're okay now.” Ian held on tight as Kevin stood shaking at the door to Joseph's bedroom with Shamira behind him. “It's just a bad dream, you're going to be just fine, I promise.”

It was hard to tell who shed the most tears, Ian, Kevin or Joseph. This wasn't the first bad dream that he'd had since the lads arrived and they knew it wouldn't be his last either. Nobody knew the horrors that he relived during his dreams, they only knew it was traumatic for Joseph to relive them.

Ian knew that Joseph needed professional help, but he'd refused to speak to anyone that had been brought in to help him, the only person he'd ever spoken to about it was Manny. Ian hoped that Jeff could help them when Joseph came home with them. They also planned on seeking medical advice to reduce the physical scars on Joseph's body.

“Can... can I sleep with Kevin and you tonight, please?” Almost pleading with his eyes Joseph looked up.

“Yes, first let's get you cleaned up and in dry night clothes, then we will sleep together as a family.”

The edges of Joseph's lips raised with a slight smile. He did not look down but kept his eyes on Ian as his clothes were removed, this was the first time that Joseph had not looked down when his body was bared. Ian slowly wiped him down with the washcloth Kevin passed him, then gently dried him with a towel. After dressing in fresh nightclothes he held Ian's hand on the walk to the lads bed.

Shamira returned to her room, although there were tears in her eyes there was also a small smile, this was good progress, this was the first time Joseph had shown no shame or embarrassment over his scars.

Wrapped in the middle of a cuddle with Ian and Kevin, Joseph felt protected and relaxed, slowly he fell asleep.

 

Joseph was disoriented when he first woke up, then he remembered being held by Ian after having a bad dream, with the arms of his new brothers around him he felt secure in the knowledge that he was loved and wanted. Soon enough the urge to pee made him uncomfortable and he was embarrassed that his adolescent body caused an erection that made a tent in his shorts.

As he tried to worm his way out of the hold the lads had on him he accidentally brushed against their early morning erections. Fear gripped him as Kevin started to wake, as he darted to the bathroom the last thing he saw over his shoulder was Kevin's shocked expression. Rational thought left him as he locked the bathroom door, after emptying his bladder he curled up in the corner and cried.

It didn't take much for Kevin to realise what had happened and understood Joseph's reaction so he waited patiently for his return. After fifteen minutes of waiting, and with his own growing need for the bathroom, Kevin approached the bathroom door and knocked, getting no response he listened. The muffled sound of Joseph sobbing was heartbreaking. He decided to use the family bathroom then come back to help Joseph.

With a clear plan in mind Kevin woke Ian and gave him a brief rundown of what happened. Ian asked what he should do and was told to get dressed and use the family bathroom, then find Shamira.

As Ian left the room Kevin was gently knocking on the door of the en-suite trying to coax Joseph to let him in.

Isaac had left for work and Shamira was tidying up in the kitchen. Jacob arrived while Ian was telling Shamira of the mornings events. After a short discussion Ian returned to the top floor with Jacob, Shamira stayed in the kitchen finishing her chores and preparing breakfast for everyone.

Using the Swiss army knife he always carried, Jacob opened the bathroom door then returned to the kitchen for coffee, leaving Ian and Kevin to speak to Joseph.

Curled in a corner the sobbing boy was convinced he was in terrible trouble for touching them intimately. He didn't mean to, it was an accident.

It took more than half an hour for Joseph to calm down and talk coherently.

After a long boys only talk with promises made, reassurances given and lots of hugs Joseph suffered the indignity of an unrelenting tickling attack until he was laughing uncontrollably. With Joseph feeling better about himself and the early morning events behind them, all three made their way downstairs for a late breakfast.

Over a hearty breakfast of shakshuka and fresh baked bread, Jacob told them of the accommodation he had arranged in Haifa. The apartment wasn't available, but Jacob's boss had offered his single story house on the coastal road Hubert Humphry St in Haifa. With a sand and shingle beach less than two hundred metres from the front door, the air conditioned modern designed property set in private gardens comprised of, two reception rooms, dining room, kitchen and four bedrooms each with en-suite bathroom, it sounded ideal. Sleeping arrangements could be decided when they arrived in Haifa.

Jacob also arranged for a small air conditioned coach so that they could all travel together in comfort. They would be accompanied by Eli, one of Jacob's colleagues, who would share the driving throughout their stay.

The rest of the day was full of excitement as they packed ready for their trip. They originally planned on leaving early the next morning and returning the following Tuesday until Joseph suggested they delay their return until the next day. This would mean that they could drop off Ian and Kevin at the airport in Tel-Aviv on the return journey giving them more time together and cutting out some unnecessary travelling.

When Isaac learned of the plans he happily agreed to clear his diary for the following week and join them Sunday morning.

 

Friday morning the Lehrer household was a hive of activity. While Isaac got ready for work, Shamira prepared breakfast for everyone, and a selection of dishes to be left refrigerated for Isaac to eat on the sabbath. Ian and Kevin gathered the packed bags placing them in the hall ready for Jacob's arrival. Joseph's task was to keep the twins occupied and out of mischief until breakfast was ready.

Jacob and Eli arrived just as they finished clearing up after breakfast, Joseph and the twins were jumping and chattering excitedly. When the luggage had been loaded Joseph and Eli led them out to the small luxury coach and made them comfortable. Shamira was overwhelmed at being relieved of all housekeeping duties, she was politely informed that she was to relax and enjoy the company of her children and guests.

Designed to seat sixteen in large leather reclining seats there was plenty of room for everyone to relax on the coach. It equipped with a full bathroom and working kitchen which was fully stocked with everything that would be needed for their trip, including ready prepared cold lunches for the journey. Drinks coolers and snack hampers had been filled and they were told to help themselves.

Jacob knew that roadworks would cause delays and prepared for them, the usual two hour journey was taking much longer than expected. When the twins became irritable due to being cooped up, he opened the box of games and DVD's. With Joseph's encouragement they settled in reclined seats to watch Disney's Pocahontas on DVD.

They arrived at the house as the film ended, nearly four hours after they had set off. Shamira watched the twins run off some steam while Joseph helped the men unload the luggage and supplies. Their break on the coast had started and Joseph was excited.

Will the break on the coast help Joseph, he's determined to make the most of his time with Ian and Kevin what ever happens.
My apologies for the delay in posting this chapter, it's partly due to me working on an anthology entry and partly due to the server cache issues which sometimes throw the site format for six. I'll try to keep future postings to the story more frequent.
I really appreciate the reactions and comments left throughout the story and look forward to reading more comments, I promise read and acknowledge all comments left, so please let me know what you think of the story.
I have written this story without the aid of an editor or beta reader so any errors are all mine, if you spot any let me know and i'll try to correct them.
Copyright © 2022 Mancunian; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
  • Love 8
I love to see what readers feel by the reactions that they leave so please hit that button to leave your initial reaction.
What I enjoy more than reactions is to read any comments that readers care to leave. Promise to read and acknowledge 
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

Welcome to The Boot World discussion forum. This includes all of the stories from The Boot Series and the Lost Soul Series. The Boot was the first story posted in this collection of stories, it was originally intended as a one-off story. Like many one-off stories, it grew and The Boot Three Years On was written as a follow-up. Some readers asked about the back story of some of the characters, which led to the Lost Soul Series. Together they form The Boot World. Both Series have grown and in
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

May Joseph's parents suffer from a multitude of painful health issues for their appalling treatment of him. Ignorant, stupid and arrogant trash.

Joseph's journey to physical and mental well-being will no doubt be arduous, but with Ian and Kevin and his UK extended family he should triumph.

  • Love 2
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Summerabbacat said:

May Joseph's parents suffer from a multitude of painful health issues for their appalling treatment of him. Ignorant, stupid and arrogant trash.

Joseph's journey to physical and mental well-being will no doubt be arduous, but with Ian and Kevin and his UK extended family he should triumph.

If Joseph had any doubts about his future and if he was loved, they are now gone. He now has what any boy should have, a loving supportive family. 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..