Jump to content
    Mancunian
  • Author
  • 1,466 Words
  • 1,331 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
As part of the Lost Souls Series and The Boot World readers may benefit from reading the other stories previously published, although it isn't necessary it could help you to enjoy this story more.
 

Goldstein, Johnson & Cole - 1. Chapter 1 Reminiscing Part 1

The first day in a new home is something that we all look forward to, for Ian and Kevin it is also a time to reflect and reminisce.

I have written this without an editor or beta reader so any errors are all mine, if you spot any let me know and I'll try to rectify them.

“I like this.” Kevin lifted his head from Ian's chest tilted his head and placed a short loving kiss on his man's lips.

“Yeah I know, I do too.” Ian returned the kiss with equal love and gentleness. “Sometimes I still have trouble believing that we have come so far and are still together.”

“Why? I've never doubted our love or commitment for each other.” Kevin was curious about what was going through Ian's mind.

Wistfully Ian gazed across the room toward the TV but not really seeing it or the program currently playing. “Think about it, when we first met twelve years ago we were fifteen. You was the new guy in school, scared and worried about the rumours following the transfer from your old school. I was the popular centre forward on the football team with lots of friends and all the girls drooling over me. Nobody would have thought that us ending up together was anywhere near possible.”

“You was a right cocky shit at the time and you scared me every time you looked at me,” Kevin smiled as he remembered. “But you was hot, and you still are, so you went to top of the list in my wank-bank.”

“Hey you never told me that before, I hope I'm still top of that list.” Ian couldn't stop the grin on his face.

“Well I had to keep it secret back then and I don't need a wank-bank any more. I've got you all to myself now.” Kevin planted another tender kiss on Ian's lips. “I was scared that day when Jack cornered me in the toilets and you walked in. I was convinced you would think I was molesting him when he tried to force his cock in my mouth. He was dirty and smelled, making me feel sick.I was surprised when you dragged him off me and kicked him in the nuts.”

“I've told you before, I fell in lust with you the first time I saw you but felt had to keep it secret,” tears formed in the corners of Ian's eyes as he remembered that day, “but we all knew what Jack was like and I couldn't let him hurt you. I've never regretted what I did that day, getting detention for fighting was worth it.”

“I fell in love with you that day.”

“I didn't fare so well with your brother though, did I, he beat the hell out of me.”

“It started as a fantastic day, you came to my house all sheepish and nervous to admit that you had feelings for me, that took a lot of courage not knowing how I would react. I know you was surprised when I kissed you.” Kevin sighed. “Pete spoiled everything later when he caught us in my bedroom, then the bastard outed us to everyone.”

“Yep that was the start of two years of hell, but it was all worth it, as long as you remained at my side I could face anything.” The memories of the beatings and being ostracised remained for both of them, it made Ian stronger and more determined.

“That little flat in Rochdale was our first home together, I know it was tatty and wasn't much but it was still special.” Kevin always tried to see the positives even when it wasn't easy.

“It was, even though we had a creep of a landlord. He got his comeuppance though when he had to face Christian. We got our deposit back and all of our stuff. I'd have loved to have been there to see it.”

“Better Chris than Pop, Pop would have castrated him then hung him up to dry. You know we may have had some rough times but we've made some fantastic friends along the way.”

Ian smiled, “Yes we have, but to be honest Christian and Pop are more like family than friends.”

Pop is Major Alex Oxley known to most as The Major, but to Ian and Kevin he was Pop as he has a very protective and fatherly attitude towards them. Christian had got to know them through his connection to The Boot and not only befriended them but but helped and supported them much like a big brother would and that is the place he held in their hearts.

They met The Major after being beaten and made homeless by their creepy landlord. He tried to nurse their injuries and feed them after discovering them wandering the streets of Manchester. When Ian's injuries didn't improve he knew that the only way to help them was to break his promise to them and ask for help. For a man like The Major it was a difficult decision to make.

Knowing the best place and trusting that he knew the best person to ask for that help he made his way to The Boot, the shelter that administered help and support to homeless people, he had already decided that he needed to challenge 'John' to enlist his help. After a brief conversation and confirming the true identity of 'John' the two of them returned to The Major's 'home' in the arches by Piccadilly Train Station. Ian was delirious and weak, which made Kevin understandably upset and emotional.

After an exhausting journey back to The Boot Ian and Kevin were given the immediate help they needed and a very welcome hearty meal before being taken to Manchester Royal Infirmary. There they were given a thorough check then allowed to rest on a ward where they were monitored for any unforeseen complications.

Later that day with new backpacks, holding new clothes, slung over their shoulders they were discharged from the hospital. Uncertain of what the future held they went with Christian to a small local restaurant. There they learned of the small flat that had been organised for them.

That had been the start of a much brighter future. With help and support Ian attended a local college and started an apprenticeship in jewellery making with Manny Goldstein in Prestwich. Kevin attended Manchester Metropolitan University and graduated with qualifications in both accounting and business management.

“I don't know which was the best bit of luck that we had, meeting Pop or meeting Christian. What do you think?” Ian asked.

“Mmm, that's a hard one. Christian has done so much for us and supported us through a lot of tough times, especially when we thought about giving up. But it was only because we met Pop that we got to know Christian.” Kevin was definitely deep in thought.

“Your right and it is difficult, but if we think about it logically Pop was in our lives first, if it wasn't for him we wouldn't have met Chris. So by that logic I'd say meeting Pop was the best bit luck but that is very closely followed by meeting Chris. One thing I do know for certain is that if I could choose my family I'd have Pop for a father and Christian for a big brother any day.” Ian was being his usual confident self.

Kevin laughed, “I don't think we get a choice in it, they already chose us and put themselves in that position, so I think we have our own 'makeshift' and much loved family.”

“I'm going to make us a drink, I'm having tea what do you want and which cupboard did you put the mugs in?” Ian got up from the comfy sofa and headed to the kitchen, he felt a bit weary after the move into the new house.

“They're in the cupboard above the kettle and I'll have a tea as well please. A slice of that lemon drizzle cake that Kate made for us would go well with the tea, the plates are next to the mugs and the knives are in the same drawer as the rest of the cutlery.” The comment after Kevin's answer was said hopefully, with a smile and very much 'tongue in cheek.'

Ian returned a few minutes later with large slices of cake and mugs of hot tea.

“I wish Pop was here with us I miss him, I love our new house and it feels like home but if Pop was here it would feel even better.”

“I know what you mean Kev but unfortunately we can't always have what we want. This is a chance to start a new chapter in our lives. We need to start planning for a house warming party, I was thinking about a barbecue at the weekend if this good weather holds up, what do you think?”

“Yeah let's go for it and if the weather does take a turn for the worse, like a typical British summer, we can use the electric griddle and bring it indoors.”

This has been a long time in the making but now we get to know a bit more about Ian and Kevin. I hope you enjoy it and like the first part of their story.
The next chapter will continue their story and will include more of their reflections on their past.
Please leave your reactions, or better still leave your comments to let me know what you think, I promise to read and acknowledge each and every comment left.
Copyright © 2022 Mancunian; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 9
  • Love 9
I love to see what readers feel by the reactions that they leave so please hit that button to leave your initial reaction.
What I enjoy more than reactions is to read any comments that readers care to leave. Promise to read and acknowledge 
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

Welcome to The Boot World discussion forum. This includes all of the stories from The Boot Series and the Lost Soul Series. The Boot was the first story posted in this collection of stories, it was originally intended as a one-off story. Like many one-off stories, it grew and The Boot Three Years On was written as a follow-up. Some readers asked about the back story of some of the characters, which led to the Lost Soul Series. Together they form The Boot World. Both Series have grown and in
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Looking forward to Ian and Kevin's story with a different view of what happened in The Boot series. I thought how the met and what happened to them was great background to their story.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, raven1 said:

Looking forward to Ian and Kevin's story with a different view of what happened in The Boot series. I thought how the met and what happened to them was great background to their story.

For many a first love is just that, a first love that fades and goes on to further 'loves', in their case it was a true and lasting love that still continues.

  • Love 1
Link to comment

What horrible biological families Ian and Kevin must have had. Fortunately for them they met The Major who in turn introduced them to Christian. Their relationship with The Major in particular has been mutually beneficial.

I am looking forward to reading more of the lives of Ian and Kevin @Mancunian as they are both such likeable men and have great strength of character to have survived what they have. Their respective strengths seem to compliment each other very well.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
14 minutes ago, Summerabbacat said:

What horrible biological families Ian and Kevin must have had. Fortunately for them they met The Major who in turn introduced them to Christian. Their relationship with The Major in particular has been mutually beneficial.

I am looking forward to reading more of the lives of Ian and Kevin @Mancunian as they are both such likeable men and have great strength of character to have survived what they have. Their respective strengths seem to compliment each other very well.

Ian and Kevin are good likeable hardworking lads who, like many young gay men, were rejected by their families. After a poor start to independence, they met and became attached to The Major who is a father figure to them. They never forget their beginnings or the new 'family' they meet on that journey. Their future has its complications, but is interesting.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..