Jump to content
  • Join Gay Authors

    Join us for free and follow your favorite authors and stories.

The Yacht Club

   (7 reviews)

Two daddies and two twinks go on a cruise. Devon and his boyfriend Roger plan a cruise to get away and enjoy some time together.  While boarding they meet Keller, who is traveling with his estranged boyfriend Jason.  While on board they discover the true strengths and weaknesses of their relationships. 

Copyright © 2024 Secret Author; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (13 members)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 8
  • Characters 11
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 1
  • Compelling 8
  • Feel-Good 10
  • Humor 4
  • Smoldering 7
  • Tearjerker 2
  • Unique 5
  • World Building 1

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Chapter 1
    • 10,473 Words
    • 1,972 Views
    • 32 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Bill W

   10 of 10 members found this review helpful 10 / 10 members

A dual love story, as well as one that comes to an end, but you'll understand that better as you read this captivating tale.  It all takes place during a week on a cruise ship, more or less, and you'll find the characters both well developed and interesting, and you'll enjoy the humor that is interlaced throughout.  It's an easy and enjoyable read, and you won't regret taking the time to peruse the 10,000+ words.  Well done, Secret Author! 

Response from the author:

Bill,

Thank you so much for that review.  I think that my favorite part of writing is creating and developing characters, and I love to insert humor when possible.  It was very special that you noted those things.

  • Like 1
  • Love 9
Link to review
chris191070

   10 of 10 members found this review helpful 10 / 10 members

Well we go on luxury cruise with Two Daddies and there Twink Boyfriends.

Devon and Rodger plan some time away together. Whilst arriving on the ship they meet Keller and his estranged boyfriend Jason.

This is where the two couples help each other learn the strengths, weaknesses and other issues within there relationship.

You really need to read to discover, what fun occurs for Devon, Roger, Keller and Jason whilst they go cruising 🛳.

Thanks Secret Author

Response from the author:

Thank you for the review! 

  • Love 9
Link to review
Doha

   9 of 9 members found this review helpful 9 / 9 members

Yacht Club is a compelling, well-writtem short story. Perfect for a lazy summer afternoon, you will be drawn into the dual love stories of our 4 main characters, rooting for them as they discover what they mean to each other. 

A great read.

Response from the author:

Thanks Doha!  I'm glad you found it to be enjoyable!

  • Love 8
Link to review
Gary L

   7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

Having himself been on a cruise last season, it should not have been a surprise that @Mark Arbour was the secret author of this cruise ship tale. Furthermore, the quality of the writing and lashings of humour makes this a typical Arbour piece.

at one level it’s about the arrival of two couples on board a cruise ship and how they start to interact. At another level, we see the inner stresses and strains in their respective relationships.  Enough said, it’s a very funny story with all four men learning a lot if they are to reach a happy landing a week later.  “All aboard!”, this is a good cruise.

Response from the author:

Thank you so much for your review Gary!  I can't take full credit for the quality writing, as I had some major help on this one from @impunity

  • Love 7
Link to review
Cane23

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

Absolute hit of this year's SA contest! Author has set a stage at luxurious cruise ship and protagonists are two interesting couples. At the start, their relationships seem like doomed, you think the end of journey is going to be the end of relationships. But no, in a fun and romantic story, the couples find the love that was always there, but hidden in challenges of everyday life

Great story from a great author. Enjoy!

Response from the author:

Thank you so much for your kind words!  I'm so glad you enjoyed the story!

  • Love 6
Link to review
Headstall

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

Love is complicated, but simplified when there is true understanding between a couple... or more. Another entertaining and thoughtful offering from an esteemed author. I recommend you read and absorb this story. You will not be disappointed. Cheers!

Response from the author:

Thank you so much!  That means so much coming from you, especially when you've become such an accomplished writer.  I'm so glad you found your talent.

  • Love 5
Link to review
Mancunian

· Edited by Mancunian

   11 of 12 members found this review helpful 11 / 12 members

We go on a cruise and watch two couples as they face a pressing issue in their relationships. Each couple is different and although on the same cruise, so are their journeys. Read and enjoy as each couple discovers the true meaning of love and relationships in this smoothly-written story.

Response from the author:

Thanks so much for the review!

  • Love 9
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..