Jump to content
    Nephylim
  • Author
  • 5,841 Words
  • 3,276 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Death by Dreaming - 16. Chapter 16

When they arrived back at the house late that afternoon it was as if the party had never happened. Many of their friends had left notes and messages of support and concern for Angel. Marcus ignored them all.

As soon as Charlton opened the door he asked the butler to accompany himself and Charlie to the kitchen. There, over cups of hot chocolate and huge slabs of home made chocolate cake he told Betty and Charlton everything he knew or suspected in relation to Charles Bishop and what he had been doing to Angel.

To his surprise there was no resistance, no disbelief. Instead they exchanged glances over his shoulder and nodded slightly.

“You look almost as though you are not surprised.”

“We’ve suspected that there has been something going on for a long time. There have been certain comments, half heard conversations, dubious characters visiting. Master Charles does not trust either of us enough to let much slip in front of us. He knows full well where our loyalties lie and he has done his best to get rid of us both. Fortunately Sir William made his will too carefully for that to happen.

“If he had had his way Master Charles would have ensured that Master Angel was isolated here. If that had been the case then we would have been unsurprised if he had died a long time ago.”

“You knew? You knew that Charles was trying to kill Angel?”

“Suspected Master Marcus. We have discussed this matter on a number of occasions and we have both suspected that Master Charles has wished harm on Angel. But suspicions are not enough to act on. We have tried our very best to watch and protect Master Angel as best we could. We thought... Since you came we have been less vigilant... we had thought he would be safe with you.”

“Maybe that’s it. Maybe Charles knew you were watching him... that you have relaxed that recently. Maybe he took advantage of it... I don’t know.”

“We have searched, as well as we could, for anything we could use to assist Master Angel, to stop Master Charles’ plans but we have found nothing.”

“To tell you the truth that is what we were hoping to do today... to search the place and see if we could find any incriminating evidence. Where are they all?”

“Master Charles is at work as is Master Henry but they are expected home within the hour. The Mistresses are in the East Wing I’m afraid I don’t know what they are doing or precisely where they are.”

“If you were Charles, and you were up to something dodgy... something like murder... where would you hide the evidence?”

“If I were planning a murder, Sir... there would be no evidence. Fortunately I would be surprised if Master Charles had that much forethought. Of course it would depend who was involved in the plot. I would, frankly be surprised if Mistress Mary were. She may not be the most moral of people but I would suggest that she would draw the line short of murder. Under the circumstances therefore I would be inclined to think that the private quarters are an unlikely place for evidence to be hidden. May I hazard a guess at the study, the library or Master Charles’ private office?”

“Well... the library and the study are easy enough to search, which is why there is unlikely to be anything to find there. My guess would be the private office but that is not so easy to search.” Marcus frowned and pinched his lip. “Okay... let’s start with the obvious and work back from there. Charlton, I don’t really want to involve you in this any more than I can help just in case it all goes horribly wrong. Angel needs a friend in this house and the worst possible outcome would be for Charles or Henry to catch us and throw us all out.

“If I can rely on you just to keep an eye open and warn us, if you can, if we are in danger of being caught.”

Charlton nodded gravely. “I fear you are right, Sir. Much as I would like to take a more pro active role in this matter, Master Charles has made no secret of the fact that he is looking for a reason to dismiss me and the most important objective is to ensure that Master Angel is safe.”

Betty was none to happy about this and glared at him. “I thought you had more backbone than that. This is Angel’s life we are talking about.”

“I appreciate that, my dear. However, were we to fail in our endeavours then Master Angel is going to be coming back into this house with a potential killer seeking to do him harm. He needs as many friends as he can get and, with the best will in the world Lady Charlotte and Master Marcus cannot be at his side constantly for the next three months.”

“Don’t bank on that. But you’re right. You have to remain impartial... and that goes for you too Betty... so no spitting in the soup, okay?”

Betty frowned then relented and smiled. “Well I cannot promise that Sir, my methods of revenge may be petty but they are rewarding.”

For a moment Charlie and Marcus looked shocked then they caught the twinkle in her eyes and laughed.

“Charlie... you take the library... look in all the drawers, cupboards, behind the books....”

“Marcus I know how to search a room.”

“... and if there are any locked drawers...”

“I have my methods Marcus. Locked drawers are no problem for me.”

Marcus stopped and looked at her in surprise but she wasn’t laughing, she was serious. “Really?”

“I was in the girl guides remember.”

“Er... alright. We’ll meet back here at eight to eat... if that’s alright with you Betty?”

“It would be my pleasure my dears.”

“Charlton, if you mobilise the staff to keep tabs on the Bishops and try and get word to us if they look set to wander into our part of the house.”

“I can do that, Sir.”

They separated and went about their allotted tasks. However, when Charlie and Marcus met up again in the kitchen for their dinner it was to report utter failure.

“Well... we never really expected him to hide anything incriminating in such an obvious place did we?”

Charlie shook her head but looked utterly dejected.

“Don’t worry hun. Angel is safe for the moment. We have time.”

“I suppose.”

“I think the private office is the most likely place. No one except Charles and Henry go in there.”

“That’s true. They won’t even have staff in there to clean.” Marcus looked up sharply, his interest immediately piqued. “He even has his own coffee making facilities in there. It is his ‘inner sanctum... free from the prying eyes that constantly seem to be watching and somehow criticising’.”

She did such a good imitation of Charles that they all cracked up. “When did he say that?”

“I overheard him on the phone once. I don’t know who he was talking to but he wasn’t happy.”

“Well he was right.”

“Yes, I suppose he was.”

“So it is looking more and more promising that if there is anything to find in this house, that is where it will be. The problem remains though, how are we going to get in there without being caught?”

Betty looked thoughtful. “Well... On Sunday afternoon the whole family is going to that church event, the unveiling of the Stained Glass Window over at St Mary’s. It’s a big event in the social diary around these parts. Not the sort of affair that the Bishops are used to... not posh enough, but there are some local dignitaries attending and some bigwigs from London. He wants to make a good impression... to do his ‘Lord of the Manor’ thing and he has laid down orders that everyone has to go.

“Miss Anabelle was complaining about it the other day, is how I know. So it seems as if the whole family will be out of the way for the whole of Sunday afternoon. Seems to me that might be a good time to look wherever you want to.”

Marcus beamed. “Betty, you are a superstar.” She blushed and heaped more potatoes on his plate, which he attacked with gusto.

****

Before he went to bed that night Marcus telephone the hospital to find out that Angel was stable but causing problems already. He smiled at the thought of the bolshy nurse who had caused him hassle earlier being subjected to the Angel treatment.

Angel was a sweetheart, there was no doubt about that. He was gentle and kind and softly spoken; polite, courteous and well mannered, but he was no pushover. He was also single minded, stubborn and headstrong; clear in his goals and expectations he could be as hard on everyone around him as he was on himself, especially when things weren’t going his way and he was frustrated and restless.

Yes... he could well imagine that the hospital staff were not having an easy time of it. He made a mental note to take in Angel’s laptop the next day so that he could at least keep in touch with work, friends and the world at large. A bored Angel was dangerous and by tomorrow they would have worked out that ultimately there would be a lot less stress on Angel and everyone around him if they let him work.

Marcus’ smile faded as he settled down under the covers and his hand wandered to the other side of the bed, the cold side. He turned over and stared at the place where Angel should be and suddenly it hit him. All the things that he had been pushing to the back of his mind came flooding forward to swamp him.

Someone was trying to kill Angel. The very person who was supposed to be looking after him was deliberately and systematically hurting him; they wanted him to die. And they were succeeding... because Angel was ill. He had always been ill, and he had never told him. All these years Angel had known he was sick, that his heart was weak, that at any time he could have... that he might have... and he had never said a word.

All this time when Marcus had been crushing on him, when he was trying not to show it, had been cold and distant, had sometimes been hateful... all this time... Rolling over onto his back, unable to bear to look at the empty bed any longer, Marcus stared at the ceiling and thought back over all the time he had known and loved Angel.

He had done this many times, tried to pinpoint the moment that loving Angel as a friend, a brother had changed into something more. It was impossible. Maybe it had always been there, this love, this overwhelming attraction, a feeling so intense that if he lingered on it for too long it hurt. It had never been in doubt that he had always loved Angel... maybe he had always been in love with him too.

Certainly by the time Angel’s parents died he had known. All the times he had held him in his arms, comforting him, being there for him, it had hung like a shroud over their heads. Angel had been oblivious to it at that point, lost in his misery, his pain. He had wanted to follow them, to die, to escape the pain, the confusion. Lost in the agony, in the longing, he hadn’t wanted anything to hold him to this world, to bring him back from the edge, and he had missed a lot of signs.

Towards the end, when Angel’s very life had hung in the balance it had been almost unbearable for Marcus. Hour after hour he had sat by his bedside, sometimes with Charlie, sometimes, reluctantly, with Charles, sometimes with his own parents or others who cared for Angel, but often alone.

During those times he had been overcome with his emotions and he had talked to the unconscious Angel, pouring out his heart, the way he felt, the way he had always felt. But either Angel had not heard him or had not remembered. When Angel started to get better he had stopped speaking to him of his innermost torment, he had pulled back from the edge and had kept pulling back until there was such a chasm between them that it had, at one point felt to him as though it could never be bridged again.

Marcus had escaped to America and spent a number of unhappy years going through a succession of unsatisfying love affairs, with both men and women, trying to blot out his pain, his loss, his love. Of course nothing had worked and in the end he had realised that he was only hurting himself with his enforced separation ... and so he had come back and Angel was still here, still as beautiful, still as innocent, still as desirable.

When he had finally come to terms with the fact that the feelings were never going to go away no matter how hard he tried to suppress them, and that by denying himself any contact with Angel he was only making them worse, Marcus had renewed the friendship to plenty of criticism from Charlie for ever having gone away in the first place and so much genuine pleasure and enthusiasm from Angel that it all but broke his heart.

For a while he had thought that the pleasure and enthusiasm had meant something more than they had and he had convinced himself that Angel felt the same way. He had almost told him so many times but always, when he had been on the point of baring all and professing undying love some look, some comment had got in the way and made him think otherwise about it.

Marcus groaned. So much wasted time. So much anguish and uncertainty. So much pain. And now... and now... Groaning aloud Marcus turned over onto his side and curled up, hugging his knees. Now it was all out in the open. He had told Angel of his feelings and they had been returned. The one thing he had both longed for and feared for all these years was right out there in the light of the sun; Angel’s sun... and for a while he had been so happy, happier than he could ever remember being.

Suddenly life had acquired meaning and he realised how empty all those years of partying and shallowness were. Suddenly his heart was open and warm, instead of that cold lump of ice he had been carrying everywhere with him. Suddenly he had hope for the future, all his plans seemed to take on a greater weight, the future opened and was bright with possibility and prospect. He had been happy, so happy... and now...

Try as he might he could not get past the fear. As much as he tried to convince himself that everything was going to be alright, that they would be able to save Angel and that in three months time everything would work out and be alright... he couldn’t. All he could think of was the moment he had held Angel in his arms the night before, feeling the wild beat of his heart and the shivering that wracked his body. In that moment a sense of dread had crept over him, a cold certainty that something was ending, that no matter what happened Angel was going to slip through his fingers and be lost to him forever.

Groaning again he turned over and gritted his teeth. No! That was not going to happen. He was not going to LET that happen.

Needless to say Marcus spent a very restless and largely sleepless night in a bed that seemed too big and too cold. As dawn approached he got up and moved to his own room. It was a little better and eventually, long after the sun was up and he had repaired the damage done by the phantom curtain opener, he managed to fall into a fitful doze although it seemed to be no time at all before he was being shaken awake by Charlie.

“I’ve been looking for you everywhere. What are you doing in here? You haven’t been in here since... for ages.”

“I... couldn’t sleep. Got restless. What’s up?”

“Only the sun. It’s almost midday and I want to go see Angel.”

Marcus was instantly alert and sat up so quickly he almost knocked Charlie over, catching her in his arms at the last minute.

“What’s the matter? What’s wrong with Angel?”

“Nothing. I rang this morning and they said he had a restless night but was fine. I just want to go and see him that’s all.”

Marcus relaxed. “Oh... okay.” He ran his hands through his hair sheepishly. “Sorry I over reacted.”

“No problem. I can’t blame you. You look awful. Did you sleep at all?”

“Not much.”

“You take a shower and get dressed then meet me in the family room for breakfast. I’ll go and see what Betty can scrape us together at short notice.”

“Okay. Won’t be long.”

When Marcus entered the breakfast room he groaned inwardly to see an all too familiar figure lounging in one of the chairs across from a scowling Charlie. Henry was helping himself to toast, which he jammed liberally.

“What are you doing here?”

“Now, now, play nice. You’re our guest now pretty boy. Your boyfriend is not here to take care of you so my mother feels that it is our duty to make sure you keep out of mischief.”

“Don’t worry, we won’t steal the silver.”

“Mummy feels that you might be upset and lonely and she would be remiss in her duties as hostess if she didn’t at least send someone down to see if you needed anything.”

“The only thing we need is for you to get the hell out of our way and stay there.”

“That isn’t very nice Marcus, when I was trying to be charitable too.”

Marcus walked up close to Henry and was gratified when he drew back unconsciously, immediately hating himself for having done so.

“Now you listen here. I know what you did. You may have a hundred friends who will tell the world and his wife that you didn’t butI know, and one day I will make you pay. I don’t know when and I don’t know how but I swear to you that I will find a way. So you had better keep looking over your shoulder Henry because for the rest of your sorry life I am going to be breathing down your neck, waiting my chance and one day, when you least expect it... I am going to fuck... you... up.”

Henry cringed. “Are you making threats Marcus?”

“Not at all Henry. I am just making sure that you understand something fundamental. I KNOW what you did and you are NOT getting away with it. That doesn’t sound like a threat to me.”

“You’re crazy. I don’t know what you think you know but...”

Marcus took Henry by the shirt front and yanked him from the chair. Henry, shocked, could only dangle helplessly from his hands.

“Now listen here Henry...and listen good. I don’t care what you say or what you do. I know you were the one who put drugs in Angel’s drink that night. I can’t prove it so I can’t drag your sorry ass to the cops and see you get your just desserts that way. No... don’t say anything. I don’t want to hear your pathetic lies. You can say what you want, do what you want... but I KNOW.

“You have been sponging off Angel for all these years, pushing him around, making his life hell and you knew... you fucking KNEW he was sick. And that wasn’t enough for you... you had to make him sicker... well that’s over you fucking wanker... over for good. I am going to take care of Angel now... and so are you.”

“Me... what...?”

“You are going to take care of him Henry, believe me. You are going to take care of him better than you take care of yourself. Because if anything happens to him, and I mean anything... any accidental slip or trip, any unexplained black eye or sore back, any torments or teasing... and I will take payment from the skin on your back. Do you understand me?” Dumbly Henry nodded. “And just in case you were wondering... yes, that WAS a threat. Would you like me to make another one?”

Henry vigorously shook his head and Marcus let him go. “Now get out of here you venomous worm.”

“Father wanted me to ask you if you wanted to go to the hospital with him... but you can forget that now. I know that father was going to ask the doctors to keep you away from Angel while he’s ill... too much excitement he said. I’ll make sure he reinforces that today.”

Marcus took a menacing step towards him and he scuttled away.

When he had gone Marcus threw himself down in the chair and poured a coffee.

“Do you think he meant that?”

“What?” He looked up, distracted.

“Do you think he meant it... about Charles stopping us seeing Angel?”

“I don’t see how he can. Angel isn't going to let them for one thing.”

“If he knows about it... and... and... don’t forget what happened last time.”

For a moment Marcus looked at her blankly, wondering why there was a tear sliding down her cheek... and then he remembered. Getting up he hurried over to her and put his arms around her.

“Don’t worry hun... this isn’t like last time. This is nothing like last time at all. Angel is so much stronger this time. He won’t let that bastard get to him this time. No way.”

“All the same... I think I would feel better if we got to the hospital before Charles does.”

“Good point. I think I have suddenly lost my appetite. Come on let’s go. I just want to pick up a few things for Angel and I’ll meet you in the garage. I don’t want to have to wait for someone to bring the car around.”

Angel was dozing when they arrived. No one challenged them and they slipped into the room and sat down quietly. Marcus stroked damp hair out of his face worriedly and he stirred and opened his eyes. Immediately he threw his arms around Marcus and hugged him.

“God I am glad to see you. I’ve been so bored.”

“Well... I don’t know if you are allowed internet access here but I brought your laptop. I figured you would be bored.”

“Bored? That’s not the word for it. The bastards won’t even let me get out of bed. I am literally tearing my hair out.”

“When we phoned they said you didn’t have a very good night. What’s up?”

Angel’s face lit up. “You phoned? They didn’t tell me. They’re absolute bastards you know. Some of the nurses trained with the Gestapo. Every time I try to do something they head me off as if they are constantly watching on camera or something.”

“Do something? Like what?”

“Like sitting up, or turning over... and perish the thought of actually getting out of bed.”

“Why do you need to get out of bed?”

“Oh I don’t know... to pee? To get some feeling back in my bum... to escape?”

“No chance of that. If you got past the barbed wire you wouldn’t get far before the dogs got you.”

Angel giggled and lay back. He looked a lot better today, the sparkle was back in his eyes, but he was still hooked up to all the machines with drips in his arms.

“Seriously though... I am going dangerously insane in here. I HAVE to get out or I am going to explode.”

“Don’t do that.” said Marcus mildly. The cleaning bill would be enormous.

Angel grinned, then sighed. “I don’t know how much longer I can stand it. You have no idea what it’s like. I feel absolutely fine and they won’t even let me get up to pee. I hate it.”

“Have you seen Dr Cole today?”

“He came round this morning.”

“Did he say anything?”

“Well he said ‘hello’.”

“Ha ha... anything constructive?”

“Nope. Now he’s saying that I can’t go home until ‘at least’ Monday. I swear that if he moves the day I will walk anyway.”

“You will do no such thing. You stay here until the doctor tells you it’s safe to go.”

“Safe? What do you mean safe? It’s not as if there are dozens of hooded ninja stalking the streets looking for me is it?”

Marcus smiled at him gently and laid a hand on his chest, as best he could. “No, but until we know for sure what’s going on in here and that it isn’t going to suddenly stop.” He paused, disguising the catch in his voice as a short nervous laugh. “Until then you have to do what you’re told... because it isn’t safe out there for you.”

Angel frowned and stared deeply into Marcus’ eyes for a while before he smiled and squeezed his hand. “You’re awesome Marc.”

“Nah... I just love you... a lot. That’s all. I couldn’t bear it if anything happened to you Angel. I have lived without you for so long that I can’t go back to that... I can’t live without you ever again.”

Reaching up Angel touched the side of his face, still staring into his eyes. “I love you too.”

“And I love both of you but I am not making as much of a meal of it as you are. Get over it will you?”

They both turned to her with surprised expressions on their faces and then all three collapsed in helpless laughter.

Angel’s face lit up when he saw the laptop. Not bothering to check if it was okay he immediately opened it and calibrated the wireless. Soon he was engrossed in something or other whilst chatting to Marcus and Charlie at the same time.

The bliss lasted for all of fifteen minutes which was the next occasion the nurse came in to check on Angel. As soon as she saw Angel sitting up cross legged balancing the laptop on his knees and laughing fit to burst about something Marcus had just said, she almost had apoplexy. It was a different nurse from the day before but just as disapproving, just as strong, just as sour.

“I’m sorry, but I am afraid you can’t do that in here.”

“Do what?”

“Use a laptop.”

“Why not?” The nurse tried to take the laptop from his lap and he resisted.

“Because the wireless connection interferes with hospital equipment.”

“What equipment?”

Irritated the nurse swept the bank of monitors behind the bed with her eyes before rolling them.

“Surely you don’t mean this equipment? I mean I have been online for what... fifteen minutes now and I haven’t heard any alarms or anything switching off, exploding or otherwise being interfered with. I am sure I would have been the first to know if it had.”

“That’s not the point. It’s against hospital policy.”

“Ah... hospital policy. Now that’s a different thing. I don’t happen to agree with hospital policy so... if it’s a problem then I would be more than happy to leave the hospital.”

“Don’t be ridiculous. You’re not going anywhere, now please give me that and lie down.”

“No. I’m sorry but I can’t do that... no, I could but I won’t. I have done everything you asked of me since yesterday no matter how painful, boring or downright embarrassing it might be. I have let you stick needles into every part of me, take more blood than I knew I had, confine me to the most uncomfortable bed in the world... I have even peed in a bottle and frankly I’m sick of it.

“I didn’t sleep last night because I was so uncomfortable. I’m grumpy and sore. I’m bored and I’m worried about what’s going on in my business and my home while I am here. I need a distraction. I need to work and I need my friends. So just leave me alone to get on with it.”

“Please Mr Bartholomew... you are making things very difficult...” She tugged at the laptop trying to pull it from his hands but his grip was like iron.

“I would inform you that the equipment you are holding in your hand cost more than the average new car. It’s state of the art and very delicate. The piece of work that is currently open on the screen is highly sensitive and worth even more. If you damage one or delete the other then I will personally make sure that this hospital is held responsible for the cost. Now, I won’t tell you again. Let go of my laptop and leave me alone.”

For a moment the nurse stared at him and Marcus almost giggled. Having been... often... on the wrong end of a battle of wills with Angel he knew her chances of cowing him were non existent. In the end she simply shook her head and pretended to be busy with checking the charts and readouts. Marcus noted that her neck and ears were burning red.

Angel, dismissing her from his attention calmly went back to what he had been doing. When, a few minutes later the nurse insisted on doing her usual checks he complied mildly whilst never taking his eyes from the computer screen.

When she had gone Charlie dissolved in helpless laughter but Marcus was more restrained.

“You shouldn’t have done that babe, not really. You’re here for rest and to be taken care of. Whatever you say you are still ill and you need to listen to what you’re told. There is no way that you are setting foot out of this bed let alone the hospital until Dr Cole says it’s safe so you may as well resign yourself to that right now. And making life difficult for the nurses is not going to make your stay any easier for you is it?”

For a moment Angel stared at him with a shocked expression on his face, then he smiled gently and sighed.

“I behaved like a spoiled child didn’t I?”

“I wouldn’t go that far but it really isn’t like you to be so arrogant.”

“I wasn’t being arrogant, not really. I was just being...” he sighed again, more heavily. Setting aside the laptop he drew up his knees and hugged them, resting his head on his arms. “It’s not being here... not really... not exactly.”

Marcus had to lean closer to be able to hear his voice, it was so low. “It’s the whole situation. I’m scared Marcus. I have been scared from the start but now...” His voice cracked and he had to swallow hard before he could go on. “Lying here, in this bed with all that... stuff around... I can’t stop thinking.

“I’ve never felt ill... not since... since the last time. Of course I knew that my heart wasn’t right but I didn’t want to think about it, so I didn’t. Yeah sometimes I got pain, I got tired, I struggled a bit... but I always pushed through that and it never came to anything. I suppose I had started to convince myself that it was alright now, that all that stuff that happened when my parents died had just gone away.

“I didn’t take care of myself, not particularly because I didn’t want to think I had to. I don’t like feeling weak, helpless... I don’t like being reliant on people or...” He sighed. “I don’t know. I just wanted to be normal...and I convinced myself I was.”

He looked up and made an effort to smile. “The thing is... even though I convinced myself of it on the outside... I always knew it wasn’t true on the inside. I always knew that it was there, lurking beneath the surface so... so when all those crazy things started to happen to me it scared the hell out of me. I pushed it down and dealt with it... at least I dealt with it by not facing it, not dealing with it and now...” He shrugged. “From the moment I woke up here I have had to deal with it. It’s the only thing that has been on my mind. There is nothing to distract me, nothing to reassure me... I’m scared Marcus.”

Marcus leaned forwards and very carefully took him in his arms, kissing him gently. “It’s going to be alright Angel. Things have changed. You’re not on your own with this any more. I’m here now and I am going to take care of you. I promise. Just be good for a couple of days, chill out and let the doc treat you. Then when you come home I will take care of you so well you are never going to have to think of this ever again.”

“But that’s it Marcus, don’t you see. I don’t want to be taken care of. I want to take care of myself.”

“Then we’ll do that. Whatever it takes to keep you safe. I swear to you Angel. I will take care of you so well you will never know how well I am taking care of you.”

Angel smiled. “You do know that you are utterly insane do you?”

“Only when I’m around you. You’re a bad influence. Now... are you hungry? Tired? Bored? What can we do for you? At least while you are in here you can let us wait on you.”

“I’m not hungry... surprisingly the feed me pretty well... hospital food has definitely improved.”

“At least on this side of the hospital.” Charlie couldn’t help herself but retort. Angel gave her a quizzical glance.

“You should see it Angel. It’s as if there’s a line drawn down the middle of the hospital. Everyone on this side gets carpet, mood lighting and first class service... everyone on the other side are lucky to get treatment let alone anything else.”

Angel frowned. “I can’t think about that now Charlie. I know what you mean, and it’s awful but I can’t...”

“I’m sorry Angel... I didn’t mean...” She sighed. “I’m an idiot.”

“No, you’re just a sweet caring person and I am lucky to have you as my friend.”

“So what do you want to do?”

“Come and sit up here and we’ll play something online.”

“Are you sure we should?”

“I don’t care. Come on.”

Copyright © 2010 Nephylim; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
  • Fingers Crossed 1
  • Sad 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

The Bishops won´t stop until someone stops them for good. They need to be put away. Just hoping Angel or Marcus and Charlie get badly hurt in the meanwhile. But all that plotting and scheming makes this very intriguing reading :P

Link to comment
On 01/27/2014 01:15 AM, Suvitar said:
The Bishops won´t stop until someone stops them for good. They need to be put away. Just hoping Angel or Marcus and Charlie get badly hurt in the meanwhile. But all that plotting and scheming makes this very intriguing reading :P
Now you can all see how devious my mind is. Plotting and planning all the time. Be afraid, be very afriad Mwahaha :)
Link to comment
On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2014 at 3:27 PM, Nephylim said:

Now you can all see how devious my mind is. Plotting and planning all the time. Be afraid, be very afriad Mwahaha :)

and I am very afraid.....literally hugging myself. My battery is critical and I can't pull out of this story to charge it. If my phone dies, Nephylim, you are responsible!!!

Link to comment
44 minutes ago, MariaNk said:

and I am very afraid.....literally hugging myself. My battery is critical and I can't pull out of this story to charge it. If my phone dies, Nephylim, you are responsible!!!

RIP phone Mwahahaha. I hope it survives :D Thank you for your comments

 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..